Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    So I'm a huge Rift supporter. This is the best MMO available currently (quality over quantity). But I was not happy with this being added. Player housing has always been one of the most worthless types of content in these games possible. It is neat at first but then you find that no one uses it for more than an extra large trophy room. It really is a moot point to have player housing where we know we can just log out outside like we always could.
    That being said this looks cool and I like the fact you can make a boat - but again I would've preferred a new Master Mode dungeon (even an old dungeon) or an extra raid - or even just a boss over this. but to each his own and hopefully you guys that want this will enjoy it.

As always the above was sponsered by: IMO
    I wasn't so much skeptical, but I understand the "Developers can invest time to do X, Y or Z" argument. Honestly speaking though, and after trying the beta, it is worth it. even for that 20 mins before raid where you can go into your own little world and design something that is completely "YOU"; so to speak.

from a feature perspective, i can see this eating up a lot of my spare time, and that is really a good thing. plus, and as others have pointed out, it will get those level 60's to go back and do content for the dimension drops from bosses, which in my opinion, is far more viable than doing it for cool looking gear.

It has been my reading that Rift as a game has been heavily criticized for its lack of RP features (hence the weddings and player/guild housing - which players have been very grateful for) as well as PvP content. I feel that this may be a proper long term solution to at least the RP aspect. waiting to see what they announce on the PvP front.

from a PVE perspective, well... 11 patches in vanilla Rift really speak volumes, and I anticipate that this trend will continue well into the future.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Looks promising, I hope it's as customizable as it seems and I hope they integrate dimensions with professions a little more.
    I would prefer a crafting profession for furniture and stuff instead of everything being sold by vendors, but it's not really necessary to spend resources on developing that.
    There's a few things they could still do though (assuming the building tool could support it), like being able to rework the looks of wooden things based on in-game wood resources (bring xxx yew planks to the floor and let them be consumed in the rework process), butchering could have a rare chance to skin a trophy of the animal, fishing rare chance at a big fish/other cool fish to hang on your wall, herbing rare chance at plants or seeds.
    Even other professions like weaponsmithing/armorsmithing could have a few craftable decorations that made sense.
    I just love player crafted stuff and hate that everything gets placed on vendors, and feel like the Rift economy could use some new things.

But I was not happy with this being added. Player housing has always been one of the most worthless types of content in these games possible. It is neat at first but then you find that no one uses it for more than an extra large trophy room. It really is a moot point to have player housing where we know we can just log out outside like we always could.
    I couldn't disagree more, a good player housing system can be so many hours of content for people, I understand that some raiders would rather want a new raid or instance though but there's so many people who just don't want to or have the time to raid and content like this is what keeps them subscribed.

And once this building system is in place, and they've said you'll even be able to visit and rank dimensions, there's a lot of other stuff they can do with it as well.
    EQ2 did something similar not too long ago and I would expect Rift to do the exact same thing if their game can support it.
    First they added the ability to visit and rank player houses, later they added the ability to actually create dungeons that people could do and have people rank them, I'd love to be able to create a dungeon in Rift.

I hate to say it but I would take this over pokemon or farmville any day. If they let you recruit npc's, or make a town out of it so people can enter and see. Trion will have my money for the next expansion. I love sims like games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I hate to say it but I would take this over pokemon or farmville any day. If they let you recruit npc's, or make a town out of it so people can enter and see. Trion will have my money for the next expansion. I love sims like games.
    You're able to invite anyone else into your own Dimension(s). There's going to be achievements (or Trion hopes to implement them, I forget which) for having like 100 people visit your dimension(s), 1000 people, etc. From what I understand, you'll also be able to spawn things like a bartender and perhaps some other NPCs.

This is all just the tip of the iceberg. As players get accustomed to the development tools and the available resources, there'll be A LOT of feedback and suggestions for further additions, be they locales, capabalities, or interactable supplies.

Expect a number of updates and expansions to Dimensions throughout Storm Legion.

@Acquiesce of Telara

Do you have a website I can find more info for the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    @Acquiesce of Telara

Do you have a website I can find more info for the expansion?
    http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

Brief description there of the expansion

While not really a huge selling point for me, this is definitely something that I would invest time in during those lulls where I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING be it PVE, PVP, IA, etc. Seems really cool and the video definitely made me want to partake in this. Sooo party at my dimension?? There'll be black-jack...and hookers! In fact, forget the black-jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    While not really a huge selling point for me, this is definitely something that I would invest time in during those lulls where I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING be it PVE, PVP, IA, etc. Seems really cool and the video definitely made me want to partake in this. Sooo party at my dimension?? There'll be black-jack...and hookers! In fact, forget the black-jack!

Trion will be providing the option for your very own bartender. Party indeeeed.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

You can customize this until your fingers bleed, and people with enough time and skills will probably make stuff that is way more impressive than what you saw in the video.
    Should the max limit of items in dimension be too low, I'm sure Trion would raise it. I can say that it's higher than 100 as someone suggested, you can unlock more for a symbolic piece of gold.

For me personally, I will have to work on my creativity :P Also expect to spend quite some time figuring out all the building blocks etc that you can buy, I felt my brain melting looking through it all trying to put together a sensible shopping list.

When this is live, I demand a dedicated thread on these forums where people can submit screenies, and maybe even some weekly contests etc?
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

i mean wow now i want sl even more

but other question what song is this anyone an idea?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    You can customize this until your fingers bleed, and people with enough time and skills will probably make stuff that is way more impressive than what you saw in the video.
    Should the max limit of items in dimension be too low, I'm sure Trion would raise it. I can say that it's higher than 100 as someone suggested, you can unlock more for a symbolic piece of gold.

For me personally, I will have to work on my creativity :P Also expect to spend quite some time figuring out all the building blocks etc that you can buy, I felt my brain melting looking through it all trying to put together a sensible shopping list.

When this is live, I demand a dedicated thread on these forums where people can submit screenies, and maybe even some weekly contests etc?
    I'm sure you'll find a website that is set up specifically for showing off your dimension, if not a thread on the official forums. I know how you feel about feeling your brain melting. When I was looking at the Dimensions options, my brain was definitely having process overload.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Like Anti said. We are bound by NDA, but the level of customization is bat shit. It is not pure Sandbox where you walk outside and chop down a tree to make a dresser, but this more like Home Depot or Lowes lol
    It looks very similar to housing in Daoc. Which is a good thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It looks very similar to housing in Daoc. Which is a good thing imo.
    You know how these sand box people work. If they have to do anything that resembles themepark grinding they will flip out and cry bloody murder. I never went into it in detail on the BETA, but it would be nice to see a strong mix of crafting and vendor.

More crafted items then vendor in my opinion. THEY COULD LITERALLY add an entire profession around housing alone. That would add the open world sandbox feature to it and create an entire separate economy based on dimensions alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trion just uploaded a YouTube video of the Dimensions trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You know how these sand box people work. If they have to do anything that resembles themepark grinding they will flip out and cry bloody murder. I never went into it in detail on the BETA, but it would be nice to see a strong mix of crafting and vendor.

More crafted items then vendor in my opinion. THEY COULD LITERALLY add an entire profession around housing alone. That would add the open world sandbox feature to it and create an entire separate economy based on dimensions alone.
    I can get behind that. But if they were to make it a profession, I would prefer it were a secondary profession like Survival. Have the gathering professions give the mats for it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I can get behind that. But if they were to make it a profession, I would prefer it were a secondary profession like Survival. Have the gathering professions give the mats for it, though.
    It has secondary profession written all over it.

would be cool if the lumber and stuff you collect and make in the world could actually be used in the dimensions. and as far as taking away time to develop more content arguments... Have you met Trion before? these guys are probably one of the only developers that would take on all this plus throwing raids and 5 mans out left and right.

I haven't actually looked at Dimensions at all, been too busy with other things, but that trailer is just mind-blowing.
    The possibilities are ridiculous.

Deleted

RIFT Player Housing Advert

3 Screenshots from this new RIFT add I saw across the web

Similar to the scott hartsman one we saw a month or so back, I absolutely love these for some reason, I just think they are brilliant!

Also if anyone is has clicked on this thread wondering what player housing for RIFT is...

Anyoen else seen any of these cool banner adds across the web?

Rift did in 1 expansion what people have been asking WoW for 8 years. Makes me wish I had the time.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.