10+ Year Old Account

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    We are like one step above those places run by Al Qiada that do not let woman learn to read.

Deleted
    Who, in their right minds, would think of such a thing?

I can see that, there's a lot of dinosaurs in the house farting up a storm.

That's a wiki link, want me to change it to say turtle farts?

yes, the fartasaurus was a tragic turn in genetic diversity

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    yes, the fartasaurus was a tragic turn in genetic diversity
    ah yes, Flatulassus Cretaceanus

15+ Year Old Account
    Follow the links. While it's still an awesomely weird statement, she's talking about possible explanations for previous spikes in Earth's temperature. It was sort of an off the cuff statement. She's still incorrect for the time frame she's talking about. Its postulated that the rise in temperature was due to methane gas release from the ocean floors.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    ah yes, Flatulassus Cretaceanus
    i heard the aquatic farting species was the worst

15+ Year Old Account
    That quote is from 5 years ago. Not really a modern embarrassment.

i heard the aquatic farting species was the worst
    The dreaded Leopootodon

Wow, talk about taking something out of context. If you follow the source, the actual quote is:

We don’t know what those other cycles were caused by in the past. Could be dinosaur flatulence, you know, or who knows? We do know the CO2 in the past had its time when it was greater as well.
    You could replace that with whatever, regardless of how far-fetched. It's just to illustrate that we don't know (or didn't know at the time) the causes for previous atmospheric CO2 spikes. It's quite the stretch to try to twist that to say the guy actually believes that. The article that's the "source" is dated 2007.

In other words: ITT: people taking everything they read on the internet at face value.

@OP: You're worse than FusedMass when it comes to sensationalism. Hell, that site has an article on it with the exact same title as that thread he created, which was basically just created to incite party-bashing. Should we assume you're just doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The dreaded Leopootodon
    and who could forget the queefadactyl, the scourge of the skies?

15+ Year Old Account
    He's a Republican, therefore he shall not believe in dinosaurs. So this must be fake!

His quote was "“We don’t know what those other cycles were caused by in the past. Could be dinosaur flatulence, you know, or who knows?’"

I don't think he believes that, he's just saying that there are things we don't know in the past that could be a cause. As far as methane released into the air, "Agriculture is responsible for an estimated 14 percent of the world's greenhouse gases. A significant portion of these emissions come from methane, which, in terms of its contribution to global warming, is 23 times more powerful than carbon dioxide... The world's 1.5 billion cows and billions of other grazing animals emit dozens of polluting gases, including lots of methane. Two-thirds of all ammonia comes from cows... Statistics vary regarding how much methane the average dairy cow expels. Some experts say 100 liters to 200 liters a day (or about 26 gallons to about 53 gallons), while others say it's up to 500 liters (about 132 gallons) a day. In any case, that's a lot of methane, an amount comparable to the pollution produced by a car in a day."
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

and who could forget the queefadactyl, the scourge of the skies?
    Ok you win, my office now thinks I'm an idiot for laughing too loud.

Deleted
    This is the same man who was supportive of the taliban in the 1990's.. this persons track record is just absolutely shocking, and we allow people like this to have power?

Deleted
    Way to take things out of context..