Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto shamans doing well, plus tips

Clarify: I am a resto shaman in a 25 man semi-hardcore raiding guild.

So now that we are into the second week and now that monks have been nerfed into more reasonable spot, shaman healing has been rather good. I have even been rather competitive on spread out fights like the stone guards and spirit kings with use of the glyph of chaining.

I am wondering if other shamans are feeling this as well for the vaults.

Also looking ahead at future fights and the increasing spread out and burst stack up nature will be a problem for us. Although i am optimistic about this since mana conservation has us using healing rain as more of a cd than a staple and chain heal can be used as a healing rain alternative in big stack up fights or a consistant aoe with the glyph like we see with healing stream totem and its effectiveness.

Looking farther ahead at unknown raids and scaling i see the same issues popping up since mana will not be an issue and it will start coming down to throughput were we tend to have gaping holes in our viability.

Finally i would like to know healing strategies people have used that have been effective for them as I am trying to teach another resto shaman who is having trouble with my own personal style. For others who might be struggling i would like to give maybe a few tips for those 25 man raiders

1. drop healing rain when significant damage is incoming with unleash elements
    2. Glyph chain for spread fights and use on cd
    3. unglyphed Chain heal should be used when in low damage phases to avoid using healing rain or for burst healing when healing rain is down.
    4. use HW or just plain don't heal in low damage phases if you can, avoid as much mana consumption as possible when the most of the raid is already topped.
    5. use HST when damage is coming out and not on CD. If there is consistent damage for it to heal then by all means use it on cd, but don't pop it at the beginning of the fight when there really isn't anything for it to do. Proper spacing will be the difference between meter padding and effective healing.
    6. Glyph Recall always and recall HST with 1-2s left on the timer. Furthermore i suggest dropping stone bulwark beforehand so that it will be in the second half of its duration when you recall HST. Recalling your PE will also be a boon to your mana and healing if done near the end. Furthermore if you PE is out, do not recall HST or bulwark and let them expire naturally so that you get the most out of your elemental cd. This will waste mana but keeps yoou from wasting part of your elemental's duration that gives you that +10% healing
    7. I use glyph of water shield as you take a lot of damage here and there. There is a theoretical best useage but i prefer to keep it on all the time because the fights where mana is a huge issue this is suggested to have.
    8. If you are running a fight without the chain heal glyph, glyph you fire elemental totem so that you can get two or more uses out of it.
    9. use your elementals ALOT. with recall they are free mana cost cds and after you drop one the other is usually up and you can never seem to fully maximize uptime with burst healing needed since it doesn't effect healing tide.

Well that about summarizes my style of healing and is probably a lot like any guide you have read but if you ever played FF-12 this would be my gambit system for my shaman.

P.S
    i apologize if i violate some sort of previous thread rule or something but i never look past the first page or 2 on the forums so i don't expect others to as well
    Last edited by shammypie; 2012-10-17 at 09:35 PM. Reason: more accurate title

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing,

I find most of the stuff pretty obvious, but I agree that healing rain as turned more into a 'CD'. Is it me or does it cost more mana and heals more?

And btw pulling up HST I would not say is worth the GCD, unless you alternative is a lightning bolt. But it's a really good idea after using elementals. To your point 4. I'd say glyph lighting bolt and get mana back instead. The mana regen is still good, especially during random haste procs.

To add to your guide:
    Use Ascendance rather early during semi to high damage. Let your healers know so that they stop healing during that time. The reason is on progression fights, you will likely be close to oom during the last parts of the fight. And sometimes that is the last 40% of the fight for me anyway, which means that I don't have the mana and cannot put out healing to make use of Ascendance. So it is in terms of saving mana.

Further more, try time your healing tide with alot of haste aka heroism. The scaling with haste is insane, this goes for HST as well.

Keep riptide ON cd. It's an old one, and dont underestimate it.

Make a macro like this:
    /cast reinforce
    /cast empower

This will make the elemental (if they are talented) buff you.

I am not sure i agree with you about lightning bolt with recalling HST totem gives you ~14k mana back and shooting off a lightning bolt gives you 2.1k mana back. Granted you get an additional tick of HST and that is a healing increase but what it comes down to is how bad you you need that last tick. The way i have been going about it is reactionary approach so that my HST doesn't overheal as much. I hated/loved the old telluric currents but i feel that fire elemental totem or water shield is a better choice.

Also i would like to know why everyone is concerned about wasted GCDs. granted during a burst damage phase they are crucial and should not be wasted, but there is so much time inbetween where you don't have to be doing something 100% of the time.

Resto shamans are in a really good spot right now. Don't compare yourself to monks, they're broken with Soothing Mists in 25s. Haven't really seen any druid healers, so I can't give my opinion there, but our mana regen (when reforged/gemmed/chanted for spirit) is really good, and our CDs (mainly HTT) are very strong. Plus HST ticks for a good amount, and glyphing for totemic recall is a good choice if you have the spare globals (i.e., doing normal modes).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I am not sure i agree with you about lightning bolt with recalling HST totem gives you ~14k mana back and shooting off a lightning bolt gives you 2.1k mana back. Granted you get an additional tick of HST and that is a healing increase but what it comes down to is how bad you you need that last tick. The way i have been going about it is reactionary approach so that my HST doesn't overheal as much. I hated/loved the old telluric currents but i feel that fire elemental totem or water shield is a better choice.

Also i would like to know why everyone is concerned about wasted GCDs. granted during a burst damage phase they are crucial and should not be wasted, but there is so much time inbetween where you don't have to be doing something 100% of the time.
    Well during normal mode you can often just do nothing, but in HC there will constantly be people at low HP that you can slowly and efficient top off if they can survive it. Also, if you pick that glyph you are rather forced to use it as well. Which means that you are gonna be in situations where you cannot help out in emergencies or land a really good healing rain, because otherwise the glyph would be wasted. Or you can do the other stuff and waste the glyph.

I do however use the 'get the CD back when destroyed'-talent. And it works really, really good for spirit link as a tank CD, or just a CD to help out low players. I just hover over where the wind totem will be displayed and spam right click to remove it instantly and bam - I have it ready in 1,5 min again. The uptime on spirit link wont increase, but the benefit from it will increase because you will get more initial ticks, which are usually worth more.

Any advice for 10m heals? I know the forum post for Resto Shaman MoP heals posted by Table (tyvm btw) has some but I found myself doing crappy in 10 man when I was assigned to focus only on the DK tank for H Stone Guard as opposed to a disc priest and a resto druid. Would be thrilled if a resto shaman could post some of their priorities/tactics for 10 man Heroics (and yes, i mean maybe the first two bosses in Mogu'shan, not expecting the works) or possibly direct me to a post I might have missed that covers this.. Tyvm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalpernia View Post
    Any advice for 10m heals? I know the forum post for Resto Shaman MoP heals posted by Table (tyvm btw) has some but I found myself doing crappy in 10 man when I was assigned to focus only on the DK tank for H Stone Guard as opposed to a disc priest and a resto druid. Would be thrilled if a resto shaman could post some of their priorities/tactics for 10 man Heroics (and yes, i mean maybe the first two bosses in Mogu'shan, not expecting the works) or possibly direct me to a post I might have missed that covers this.. Tyvm!
    I feel your pain. I healed the DK tank at Stone Guard hc last night too. Mana problems like hell (I didn't have the darkmoon trinket yet at that point - only got it afterwards). But I felt so inferior to the monk and the druid, it wasn't funny. They both had got the darkmoon trinket while I was at work that day though, so they had it already whereas I didn't. But now I do ^^

We had already had a day of progress on Stone Guard during which I learnt to throw away my mastery reforge again *sniffles sadly* and go back to a full crit reforge and spirit/crit gemming, plus Glyph of Totemic Recall to make HST free and Glyph of Water Shield as that one seems to make some sense in that encounter, and I picked Unleashed Fury to make my heals on the tank larger.

Of course, it didn't help that the tiles weren't lit up nicely on the second round of tiles. It's really important to get at least 90 stacks up, best would be 110, and then pop mana tide on the first and third set of tiles lit. We only had 70 on the second round, and that wrecked healer mana. It was a bit of a consolation to see that the other healers were oom at the end as well, but this encounter feels like I'm battling my mana bar instead of a boss, and I've always prided myself on my ability to manage my mana well .

I kept RT on CD, also trying to throw one to the other tank whenever I could, but for the most part, I was busy with spam-healing the dk tank with mostly Healing Surges. Occasionally, it felt like he wouldn't gain any hp at all - which seems to be a bug sometimes... I don't know. We've had it a few times during MoP raids already that the tank would die and you'd check the logs and they'd be all "Serisse's Riptide +0.0" or "Atalus's Beacon +0.0 while not being at full health. Weird. I think it was always the dk tank when that happened.

Also, I wish to state that Amethyst, Cobalt and Jasper is a crappy combination and I hate it.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2012-10-12 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I kept RT on CD, also trying to throw one to the other tank whenever I could, but for the most part, I was busy with spam-healing the dk tank with mostly Healing Surges. Occasionally, it felt like he wouldn't gain any hp at all - which seems to be a bug sometimes... I don't know. We've had it a few times during MoP raids already that the tank would die and you'd check the logs and they'd be all "Serisse's Riptide +0.0" or "Atalus's Beacon +0.0 while not being at full health. Weird. I think it was always the dk tank when that happened.
    How many people did you keep RT on? I wish there was a "magic number"... like in Cata it was 3 ppl (thats all you could do bc of the CD I know)... but what in your opinion is a good number that will heal efficiently but not drain a huge chunk of mana? I wanted to try and avoid the use of Healing Surge unless the DK was going to die... yea we have a disc priest that does 50k and a resto druid that does like 40-50k constantly. The only way I could touch them was to drop HTT on CD but I usually expect my healing role lead to call it out... which probably means that specifically is my problem, I need to use my CD's on CD and spirit link for calling out. By the end of the night I had 9 pieces of gear broken (had no idea), so thats probably another reason why my healing was miserable. You would suggest Glyph of Water Shield on that fight as well? Please let me know if you have a good strat for H Feng too, I might be assigned to that fight tomorrow night. Thanks much for the response Serisse.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I wish to state that Amethyst, Cobalt and Jasper is a crappy combination and I hate it.
    25m heroic you have to deal with all 4.

The tactic is simple. When the fight starts, have your dps light up as many tiles as possible. Each stack increases your spirit by 1%, and your dps should aim to get at least 100 stacks on heroic per power up phase. When you have 100+ stacks, simply pop mana tide. It ticks for a lot on this fight. Then just enter a mana conservative phase when all the tiles power down. Repeat.

I feel your pain. I healed the DK tank at Stone Guard hc last night too. Mana problems like hell (I didn't have the darkmoon trinket yet at that point - only got it afterwards). But I felt so inferior to the monk and the druid, it wasn't funny. They both had got the darkmoon trinket while I was at work that day though, so they had it already whereas I didn't. But now I do ^^

We had already had a day of progress on Stone Guard during which I learnt to throw away my mastery reforge again *sniffles sadly* and go back to a full crit reforge and spirit/crit gemming, plus Glyph of Totemic Recall to make HST free and Glyph of Water Shield as that one seems to make some sense in that encounter, and I picked Unleashed Fury to make my heals on the tank larger.

Of course, it didn't help that the tiles weren't lit up nicely on the second round of tiles. It's really important to get at least 90 stacks up, best would be 110, and then pop mana tide on the first and third set of tiles lit. We only had 70 on the second round, and that wrecked healer mana. It was a bit of a consolation to see that the other healers were oom at the end as well, but this encounter feels like I'm battling my mana bar instead of a boss, and I've always prided myself on my ability to manage my mana well .

Blood dk's are actually one of the strongest tanks this tier, and shouldn't require much healing. Also, the combination you got was a little annoying, but the only trick is to learn the mechanics to avoid damage, and to light up the tiles as quick as possible.

How many people did you keep RT on? I wish there was a "magic number"... like in Cata it was 3 ppl (thats all you could do bc of the CD I know)... but what in your opinion is a good number that will heal efficiently but not drain a huge chunk of mana? I wanted to try and avoid the use of Healing Surge unless the DK was going to die... yea we have a disc priest that does 50k and a resto druid that does like 40-50k constantly. The only way I could touch them was to drop HTT on CD but I usually expect my healing role lead to call it out... which probably means that specifically is my problem, I need to use my CD's on CD and spirit link for calling out. By the end of the night I had 9 pieces of gear broken (had no idea), so thats probably another reason why my healing was miserable. You would suggest Glyph of Water Shield on that fight as well? Please let me know if you have a good strat for H Feng too, I might be assigned to that fight tomorrow night. Thanks much for the response Serisse.
    3-4 is the max I'll do, unless it's something like Elegon's add phase, where I'll just blanket everyone.

For those that have done Will of the Emperor on 10m normal..did you have any trouble keeping up your tanks? Im fairly geared (472ilvl).

My healing assignment was on our pally tank, he was dodging the devastating combo fine, but the regular melee swings would hit him for A LOT. If he dropped below 50% I'd riptide( if tidal waves wasnt up already) , UE, healing surge to try to get him back up..but sometimes he would just be dead before I could get the combo off. Any suggestions?

Yeah, our paladin tank was getting gibbed too. I doubt he managed to dodge 100% of the combos, and missing one puts a 10%? or 20% armor debuff on him, which hurts for a lot more than you'd think.

We 3 healed it for lulz, had our priest+pally on our pally and myself on the beacon'd feral tank. Pick up glyph of RT and TW shouldn't be much of an issue. Also, advise him to self heal more than dps if it's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dokki View Post
    For those that have done Will of the Emperor on 10m normal..did you have any trouble keeping up your tanks? Im fairly geared (472ilvl).

My healing assignment was on our pally tank, he was dodging the devastating combo fine, but the regular melee swings would hit him for A LOT. If he dropped below 50% I'd riptide( if tidal waves wasnt up already) , UE, healing surge to try to get him back up..but sometimes he would just be dead before I could get the combo off. Any suggestions?
    2 Healed this on normal 2 weeks now, running with a druid as second healer, tanks are a bear and pally. I personally like this boss encounter the most. Get so much out of our mastery on this boss it's crazy. Me personally i run with an awkward spec you don't see people run with often i guess (only after reading these forums did i see how different my play-style is). I personally choose for this fight SBwT/FP/CoE/EM/Htt/UF, Glyphs are TC/Totemic recall/Healing Wave(Don't really find the last spot really needed for this fight tbh).The main reason i really enjoy this fight is because it requires a fair amount of coordination between the tank and the healer ( at least when there is basically 1 person solo healing the tanks).

Basically the way we do it is pull the bosses to the stair cases by the console and leave all the dps behind the healers to deal with adds, so It's pretty much just me solo keeping tanks alive while druid plays around with his tallywhacker or w.e he does :P. I find it is relatively simple to keep the tanks alive, i always know that the pally is going to be taking easily 50k larger melee swings during non combo phases so i make sure to unleash on him when i unleash, and use the remaining 30% buff i have on the druid tank as needed.

I really like running with this spec because i feel it makes all the difference, the tank dmg is very predictable, so you can be ready to snipe with a tidal waves greater, or just a normal healing wave when you know the dmg is coming. Most of the spec is really just for mana conservation, recalling your HST with .5 seconds left on duration so it cost you nothing and stuff like that. As for elemental mastery i find this to be an extremely useful mana regeneration(see TC^^)/healing cool-down(pop with HTT on gas phases) on this fight.

Although these bosses do hit like a truck, if you really take advantage of our mastery and the fact that **theoretically** there is 0 dmg on tanks during combo phases *meaning you are free to get off about 5-6 lightning bolts for a bonus 10-12k mana* you can easily put out gigantic heals and not really worry about mana that much.

As for frozen power, i found this extremely useful in the odd chance i am fixated during a courage add phase, i can easily root and side step and get back to healing.

Well hope my input helps on your will kill!

Quote Originally Posted by dokki View Post

Pally's have some self heals so should be somewhat easy to heal. The trick I found (2 healing it) is that the tank has to avoid the armor debuff and should have a self-CD ready if the stacks get to 2+. Also, the rest of your raid neds to be not taking any damage that will kill them...you are only healing the tank other than a random RT perhaps and your HSTs will take care of sub 100% raiders. Other than that, keep ES and RT on the tank at all times, and have your heals ready. I used instant GHW at times, but never felt the need to use HS to save him. When 2 healing the mana can get tight until you really get the rythym down and get comfortable using as many HW's as GHW's.

@OP - I would suggest you avoid glyph of chaining and just improve target selection. In 25s, there is rarely such a spread that the jump distance is needed if the right heals are aimed at the right targets. For example, do RT+CH into the melee stack and you will always get a max hit, while using other heals (and passives like HST) to deal with the ranged. Also, unless there is a mechanic that requires the spread, dont be shy about telling the ranged to stand in the puddle or die - and if they are close enough to be in a puddle then the glyph doesnt help.
    Last edited by oberetta; 2012-10-16 at 10:11 AM.

Well now that we have finally busted through all the bosses on normal i am going to write the step by step guide for normals (save elegon). I can't say too much for 10 mans since we killed the first 4 bosses on 25 man and were forced to do the last 2 on 10 after many 25 man wipes. Several of those we saw beserk with no deaths, we were just lacking the dps to do so. I do not have any 10 man logs to share since our logger is very ashamed we have to kill the final two on 10 man. furthermore this assumes you know the basics.

Furthermore for those of you questioning Totemic Recall. HST is usually one of your top 3 heals. in a 6 minute fight you can use it ~12 times. At a cost of 14.6k mana this equates to 175.2k mana over the entire fight. Each tick of HST heals for about a healing wave. Healing wave costs 5.94k (9.9% * 60k base mana sorry wow is down for exact number). So 5.94k*12= 71.28k which means 175.2-71.28 = ~103k mana gain for equivalent number of heals. Now while there are intangibles like a person not dying if it is not allowed to go off, this is still huge. Furthermore when that last tick is actually needed you should have an elemental empowering which means that you will not be able to recall it anyway (decreases the mana back obviously). Anyway to each their own.

Glyphs:
    Totemic Recall
    Mana Shield
    Floater

Talents:
    Harmony
    AS
    HTT
    PE
    Windwalk totem

Stone Guards:
    Chaining Glyph

You should have a clump off people in the middle and close to the main boss stack. basically you'll want to use the basic the riptide and hst on cd with recall. Chain heal on cd unless there is nothing to heal. Heal people with chains hard with GHW. Pop healing rain with unleash elements during periods oh hard damage on the clump, especially when an explosion is coming out. Try to line up your elementals with these explosions. Furthermore make sure to combine ascendance during one of the elementals for the extra increase to help out your raid and conserve other healers mana. You'll also want to use your HTT for an explosion that you aren't using your ascendance for. Our group saved my spirit link for an "oh sh*t" explosion. I would suggest totemic projection if you find yourself being pushed to the outside of the raid more often and need to fling it into the main group.

Feng the Accursed:
    Fire elemental glyph

This fight is mostly burst damage in p1 and p2. Depending on how your raid handles the absorbs and reflections will vary greatly your cd use.
    In p1 you should plan on using spirit link, fire elemental + ascendance, and HTT once. However depending on the time it takes you to get to p2 you might want to hold back on spirit link or HTT. You'll want to time a healing with unleash to land on the ground just as the first tick comes out. Use chain heal if your group starts falling off or you have excessive mana. Outside of eruptions try to do as close to nothing as possible. Using HST with recall and a riptide or 2 serves me well. Furthermore aim to use mana tide close to the end of this phase and then on cd afterwards.
    In p2 you should hopefully only have to heal through one long flame thingy. I prefer to use my earth elemental and just keep healing rain down with unleash (wait for unleash). use chain heal here and there to keep people up and as always use riptide and hst on cd with recall. Outside of the draw flame repeat p1 and try to do as little as possible.
    In p3 you have the burn. keep healing rain around your stack clump and chain your cds over the phase. Most of them should be back up from phase 1. and don't forget to /pray

Garajal the Spirit Binder:
    Fire elemental Glyph

This fight is pretty much a cake walk. Use Chain heal riptide and HST liberally. Use healing raid with unleash going into the burn and whenever you are sent to the underworld. You can also use healing rain whenever raid damage starts to become too high. Be careful of your mana after your last time down in the underworld. Feel free to pop CDs in the beginning as long as they are up for the burn and enjoy the free loot. (We accidentally 24 manned this the other week with no problems)

The Spirit Kings:
    Chaining glyph

AOE cleave dude: use healing with unleash and chain heal. keep riptide and hst going.

Arror dude. Stay spread out and use chain heal, riptide, hst, and healing wave (GHW if neccessary) on targets pinned and stuff. try to regen mana

Coward dude. use healing rain and chain for damage reflection periods. Use healing rain while you are mind controlled to get people back up.

The other dude: avoid stuff use the same spells as the arrow dude.

depending on what abilities are up throw in healing rains whenever the group is stacked and needing heals. you'll want to be careful with mana but you shoul dhave ample times to regen it. Use CDs whenever high bouts of damage are going out. This will be hard to manage as the random nature of which boss you get will determine when you need cds. In general though you'll want HTT for when the raid is spread out and needing big heals and ascedance for when they are stacked (healing rain procs)

Will of the Emperor:
    Up to you, water shield is also optional in this fight
    I sugggest chaining

This fight is basically two things. Gas phase, and everytime else. furthermore from experience it varies greatly between 10 and 25. so i am going to break it into those two components. Furthermore be sure to help out with ccing as it can go a long way in the right situation

10man:

optimally you are going to want/need a Holy paladin partner. It can be done with other healer combos but it is so much harder. Basically during the fight you're sole duty is to keep the tank alive and spend as little mana as you possible can. This means you will want to use healing wave unless the tank drops below ~50% or so. Try to get a feel as to how the tank's health fluctuates outside of your heals. pretty much a riptide here and there with HST on recall is more than enough raid healing you will need to do. When we killed this the holy paladin (tried a druid first, did not work) i rolled with did nothing but heal his assigned tank with beacon heals on my assigned tank. Everyone else (including one tank) was my duty.
    During the gas all range stack in one spot so i could unleash + healing rain them. Then i just focused on keeping the tank + melee alive with GHW and chain heal. We has i think three gas phases before beserk so you need have an elemental out and empowering you right before you go into each one. Pop ascendance for the 1st and 3rd. Pop HTT for the 2nd and final burn. Spirit link will depend on what cds you have available but i used it during the 2nd and burn since were lusting on the 1st.

25man:
    Grab Elemental Mastery and macro it into HTT and Ascendance.
    Glyph Fire Elemental
    Do not use Water shield or Chaining
    In this mode you will be more focused on the raid. Help out on tank healing because they will be taking a pounding. After that it is basically the same fight as 10 man except that during gas your other healers should let you focus on the raid since we have such baller ways of doing so. Edit: We ended up switching healing around a littel bit more to tweak it. We ended up with 3 healers focused on tanks and on melee. The tank healers pretty much have the linear job of keeping the tanks up. Between the 3 raid healers you should have virtually nothing to do and can regain mana back to full outside of gas. During gas make sure to have an elemental out and either use ascendance or HTT, i preferred ascendance first. Elemental mastery should be up for each gas since its only a 2 min cd. At the end when you hit the soft enrage timer, both ascendance and HTT will be up within a short window of each other and you can use them to prolong the fight and burn that last bit of health.

well thats the end of my normal guide. see you once heroics are done.
    Last edited by shammypie; 2012-10-22 at 01:24 PM.

Thankyou for sharing! My face hurts.

This is a little premature but i'm going to add in tips for heroic stone guard since a lot of people will be seeing this soon.

Heroic Stone Guard:

Glyphs
    Mana Shield
    Chaining
    Fire Elemental Totem

I highly suggest windwalk totem for breaking mines and helping runners

This fight is VERY chaotic for healers. For that matter, your first priority is to dodge, move, jump whenever possible. I say this because the urge to tunnel is so strong that you will most likely die to stupid things several times while learning the fight. During this fight mana will not be an issue for once (mostly). Therefore feel free to let HST go without clipping it. You'll want to watch the melee runners and the tanks very closely. coordinate with the other healers so that you are all positioned in the room evenly. Some guides suggest clumping healers in the middle and having everyone else spread out, this tends to not be feasible as the fight goes on and you run the risk of being boxed in.

Try to chain heal through your riptide/earth shield tank since they will be taking a beating. Do not feel limited to the tanks as a target though. Furthermore i suggest the glyph of chaining, however in 25 man mode both are about equal healing. This is because everyone will be so spread out over the duration that you will only be healing select individuals. i found that with or without this glyph is about the same healing and since we have healing rain on the clumps, that the glyph will go a long way in healing people out in the boondocks.

You will want to use mana tide after all the panels have been lit up. Try to aim for 30 secs before they will be wiped clean. Mana tide will restore a great deal of mana during this fight, ~200k. If you can talk your raid leader into bringing a second resto shaman for this fight, you will have a near infinite supply. If you have two, stagger the totems between the maximum floor tile stacks, with the final one being dropped in the final burn. If you only have 1 resto shaman, you will need to figure out with your healers whether you want to drop it on the first or second maximum. I would suggest the first maximum and letting healers use pots in the middle. Furthermore if you have two resto shamans, you might want to consider using an intellect flask.

Other cds you will want to use your judgement on. Spirit link can be useful in high tank damage or jasper chain breaking, but hard to implement. You'll want to use ascendance for high periods of damage when you have a decent number of people standing together so that you can get the healing boost. Healing Tide should be saved in the reverse when you can't get a good healing rain location. Furthermore i also suggest combining having a finger howevering over spiritwalkers grace during ascendance since there is a decent chance you might have to move for something.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Resto shamans are in a really good spot right now. Don't compare yourself to monks, they're broken with Soothing Mists in 25s. Haven't really seen any druid healers, so I can't give my opinion there, but our mana regen (when reforged/gemmed/chanted for spirit) is really good, and our CDs (mainly HTT) are very strong. Plus HST ticks for a good amount, and glyphing for totemic recall is a good choice if you have the spare globals (i.e., doing normal modes).
    "Druid healers are kinda in the pits right now" quote from a druid healer in my guild

Why wouldn't you have the spare global for so much mana? Did you refuse to refresh water shield in heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Thankyou for sharing! My face hurts.
    i like it, since i might eventually get my shaman to 90

Worth mentioning that Water Shield glyph is only recommended if Jade is active, right?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.