Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalisa View Post
    The problem is that the amount of casuals and "wotlk babies" that are playing now, are greater then the original vanilla players. I wasn't a raider in Vanilla, in fact, i was only 30ish when TBC came out, but I dislike the fact they remade the Amani bear, and I never bid on the level 60 stuff. I didn't get it in its proper time, so why do I deserve it now? It was taken out, and for a reason, wasn't it?
    Your attitude is correct, but in reality it didn't happen that way.

Nothing was removed at 60 apart from the PvP titles. Nothing was removed at 70 bar the Amani Warbear original. In Wrath? A couple of proto-drakes before they changed their mind further down the line, ToC tribute rewards and a few titles. Cataclysm only removed a FoS.

Gladiator mounts and R1 titles remain the most prestigious, even if many are wintraded. 90% (made up number but you get my point I hope) of Scarab Lords aren't legit. The vast majority gotten through gate bugs and new realm xfers.

The point I'm making is, bringing them back is not meaningless because all the stuff they are bringing back wasn't removed at 60. It was removed at 70.
    Shadows are cruel.

I already see several people with 4 parts of tier 3 from this ebay auction house. So frickin lame... What is the point of tier 3 when all the AH farm zombies have it in a month or 2? Blizzard giving in to the majority of the wrath babies and cata kiddies instead of just valueing some history in their own game. At least call the parts 'EBAY dreadnaught' or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I already see several people with 4 parts of tier 3 from this ebay auction house. So frickin lame... What is the point of tier 3 when all the AH farm zombies have it in a month or 2? Blizzard giving in to the majority of the wrath babies and cata kiddies instead of just valueing some history in their own game. At least call the parts 'EBAY dreadnaught' or something.
    Here's a question, Farora, did you clear Naxx40 in vanilla? I'm guessing you never did any hardcore raiding because of this comment of yours from another thread:

"Anyone else noticed how poorly these 'world first' guilds play? You could see Method's stream, they took like 15 hours to kill the 4th boss. Faster than most guilds. How is it possible to fail 15 hours straight with 25 dedicated people? The boss does the exact same thing over and over since it's all scripted. I don't get it. "

Why in the world would you care about who has T3 and who doesn't? I cleared Naxx40 and still have a couple pieces of legit T3 in my void storage and I don't care. Not sure why you would.

And calling other people wrath babies and cata kiddies when you can't imagine wiping for 15 hours on a hard boss is pretty ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Here's a question, Farora, did you clear Naxx40 in vanilla? I'm guessing you never did any hardcore raiding because of this comment of yours from another thread:

"Anyone else noticed how poorly these 'world first' guilds play? You could see Method's stream, they took like 15 hours to kill the 4th boss. Faster than most guilds. How is it possible to fail 15 hours straight with 25 dedicated people? The boss does the exact same thing over and over since it's all scripted. I don't get it. "

Why in the world would you care about who has T3 and who doesn't? I cleared Naxx40 and still have a couple pieces of legit T3 in my void storage and I don't care. Not sure why you would.

And calling other people wrath babies and cata kiddies when you can't imagine wiping for 15 hours on a hard boss is pretty ironic.
    I care because personally I enjoy seeing people in tier 3, it brings me back and makes them stand out as oldschool players. I don't see the benefit of ruining this completely just so a few AH farmers can get it aswell. And jumping to conclusions because of previous posts is probably a bad idea, but whatever.

I care because personally I enjoy seeing people in tier 3, it brings me back and makes them stand out as oldschool players. I don't see the benefit of ruining this completely just so a few AH farmers can get it aswell. And jumping to conclusions because of previous posts is probably a bad idea, but whatever.
    So basically, you never actually raided Naxx or owned any legit T3. But you're mad because you can't tell if someone else is an old school player just by looking at them anymore. In the scheme of things, I think this is probably one of the least pressing issues with WoW at the moment.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except that one could farm Naxx during TBC, which alot did. In fact, most people with T3 got it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy
    Actually no, the amount of money you can get is not infinite, its limited by the amount of time you have. There are only a few sources to get money in the economy: Quests and loot from monsters. This two sources provide a limited amount of gold.

The problem lies in too much gold being in the economy already which means takign money out of the economy is a GOOD IDEA to reduce the inflation.

Exchanging a limited amount of very special items for a huge amount of money is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    Do you not understand that the only source of gold (besides people buying gold) is from killing monsters/quests? There is so much gold in the servers now that everything is very inflated. Getting people to spend hundreds of thousands of gold will be good to get rid of some of that gold.
    it doesn't matter tho...maybe im looking at this differently. The people with all that gold, have the time to get it. I know several people that are gold capped and they got there by not spending it. It literally sits on their toon collecting dust. They farmed it just to hit the cap. They are the only ones that can afford stuff on the BMAH, so if they spend that 1M...how does that exactly affect the economy? It wasn't doing anything to begin with. The server would literally see no impact. The only person it affects is that one person that spent it, and if they feel like doing it again.

The time issue the guy above you mentioned isn't really a good excuse. The people that farm that kind of money, obviously have nothing BUT time. As well as the Chinese farmers all over the realm at any given moment doing exactly the same thing. There will always be a steady flow of gold from several sources. Limited? not really when the amount of monsters is unlimited.

all this is, is nothing other than taxing the rich...if you want to look at it that way lol. They will still be rich, because they have the time to do it. How will it affect us peasants with an average gold supply...it wont.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2012-10-12 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    So basically, you never actually raided Naxx or owned any legit T3. But you're mad because you can't tell if someone else is an old school player just by looking at them anymore. In the scheme of things, I think this is probably one of the least pressing issues with WoW at the moment.
    Nope jumped to the wrong conclusion again.

Nope jumped to the wrong conclusion again.
    So how far did you get in Naxx40 during vanilla? I honestly can't imagine anyone who raided Naxx40 criticizing Method for not being that skilled because they wiped for 15 hours before they killed a Heroic boss.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    it doesn't matter tho...maybe im looking at this differently. The people with all that gold, have the time to get it. I know several people that are gold capped and they got there by not spending it. It literally sits on their toon collecting dust. They farmed it just to hit the cap. They are the only ones that can afford stuff on the BMAH, so if they spend that 1M...how does that exactly affect the economy? It wasn't doing anything to begin with. The server would literally see no impact. The only person it affects is that one person that spent it, and if they feel like doing it again.

The time issue the guy above you mentioned isn't really a good excuse. The people that farm that kind of money, obviously have nothing BUT time. As well as the Chinese farmers all over the realm at any given moment doing exactly the same thing. There will always be a steady flow of gold from several sources. Limited? not really when the amount of monsters is unlimited.

all this is, is nothing other than taxing the rich...if you want to look at it that way lol. They will still be rich, because they have the time to do it. How will it affect us peasants with an average gold supply...it wont.
    Maybe some people get gold capped by not spending it, but most of them are AH players and people that exploited bugs like the Firelands one. Now, getting from from the AH manipulators will leave them with less room to control markets, and getting gold away from people that abused a bug is a good thing too.

The drawback? VERY FEW items added to the game that are not obtainable anymore.

Getting gold out of the economy is a good thing, even when a minor part of that gold wanst being used in the first place.

About the time issue, even if you play 24 horus a day, you STILL cant get unlimited amounts of gold. The gold income rate is limited.

It will affect you because prices will go down. If the rich people continue to be rich but a lot less richer, the prices will go down.

The prices are up because4 there are too many rich people in WoW. The only solution is to take gold from them, since they dont want to delete the gold from them because it would be wrong, they must encourage those people to spend it in something that doesnt get back to the market, which is the BMAH.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-12 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalisa View Post
    The problem is that the amount of casuals and "wotlk babies" that are playing now, are greater then the original vanilla players. I wasn't a raider in Vanilla, in fact, i was only 30ish when TBC came out, but I dislike the fact they remade the Amani bear, and I never bid on the level 60 stuff. I didn't get it in its proper time, so why do I deserve it now? It was taken out, and for a reason, wasn't it?
    The vast majority of "reasons" for the removal of the old level 60 gear was because they redid the instances that gear was in and had no real way to keep them in the game.

Onyxia was redone and they moved t2 helmets to Nefarian.

The entirety of Naxx redone? Where are they going to move t3? Nowhere, just take it out. Easier for them, the gear is irrelevant so they don't have a reason to keep it in there.

Low level level 60 instances redone, level requirement changed, the level 60 blue gear sets wouldn't make sense with some pieces level 30 and others level 50, so they took it out. Added it to Darkmoon Faire for transmog purposes.

T3 added to BMAH for transmog purposes.

They aren't trying to maintain any prestige.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    Neptulon EU just lost 1 mil gold from the economy. Mimiron's Head was up. Current Bid 999 999g.
    Im confused Blizz.
    You add so much to support buying gold, yet you claim to fight goldselling?

Is it Activision Black Gold at work or something?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-10-12 at 05:25 PM.

Many people ran naxx during BC to acquire t3 and the staff. You are not really unique if you did it at 60. Also you can't even xmog the staff so if people want to spend a million gold to sit in org and show it off...... more power to them i guess.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

AFAIK Med'an is the owner of Atiesh for quite sometime

im just waiting for mimirons head and/or invincible to go on the BMAH then ill dump all my gold on that
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

It use to be when you saw warglaives it was a big deal. You thought wow, those look cool and this guy must be halfway decent and been raiding for a few months.

Now when i see warglaives the first thought is "i wonder how much gold he paid to get people together to spend 30 mins clearing bt, and how many weeks did it take"

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    The entirety of Naxx redone? Where are they going to move t3? Nowhere, just take it out. Easier for them, the gear is irrelevant so they don't have a reason to keep it in there.
    They could very easily just make it a Caverns of Time raid, and add it back in that way. CoT is an easy excuse to put anything in since it's basically a bunch of portals to different times. Just sayin'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    It use to be when you saw warglaives it was a big deal. You thought wow, those look cool and this guy must be halfway decent and been raiding for a few months.

Now when i see warglaives the first thought is "i wonder how much gold he paid to get people together to spend 30 mins clearing bt, and how many weeks did it take"
    I think it took my warlock about 14 runs to get both glaives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem. And I say this an an old school player with the damn Atiesh hilt and a few fragments in my bank. Its a great way to clean out the gold on the economy.

No body cares about the fragile e-peen of the 8-12 or so Atiesh wielders that actually still play anymore. There are probably 20 or so Scarab Lords to every Atiesh legitimately earned at level 60.

Deleted
    I pay €12.99 per month for over 7 years. I am entitled to and deserve everything in the game, even if already taken out. I want a large quest chain leading up to the followinbg rewards and titles: Black Qiraji Battle Tank, Corrupted Ashbringer, T3 warrior gear and the original Amani War Bear mount etc. Including the title Scarab Lord. Just because I do not raid in a guild does not mean I don't deserve everything. Everybody deserves to get everything in this game, regardless of effort and time spent by current content hardcore raiders. Also: gladiator mounts and gear of all seasons for honor points now please.

Peace
    You are right, anyone deserves anything still available in the game. This does not include anything that is no longer in the game, neither it was a title, mount, instance, set, whatever... that's how it goes . And of course, you have to make some inputs... thats how mmorpgs work, with no effort there will be no reward.