Slow off hand for subtlety ?

Hi, I'm not sure about this, and I'm really bad at scouting the forums.

So, is it viable to use a slow offhand as subtlety, does anyone know ?
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

What benefit would a slow weapon have? (unlike combat which benefits from it during killing spree).
    The con of it is the 30% proc chance of deadly poison, a slow weapon meaning less hits meaning less poison procs.

If your weapon ilvl is very large, a slow offhand could maybe be ok, but in general you definitely want the fastest offhand you can get.

technically if the ilevel is large enough a caster dagger would be worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    What benefit would a slow weapon have? (unlike combat which benefits from it during killing spree).
    The con of it is the 30% proc chance of deadly poison, a slow weapon meaning less hits meaning less poison procs.
    He is talking about off hand, which is means unless it has been changed there would be no difference as far as I know of.

We've always wanted a fast hand for the same reason of poison procs. Deadly poison has been a % chance for quite some time as well. ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=43232 )

While combat has changed (combat potency most prominently) to lower the penalty for using a slow offhand to only be the poison proc difference, but is countered by the killing spree damage difference making OH slow viable and in many situations better for combat.

For mutilate technically a slower offhand would mean harder hitting mutilates, but would cost you poison procs, however you -require- daggers to perform mutilate, and slow/fast daggers nolonger exist (well, one at level 85 but irreverent).

For sub when you use a slow offhand you do less poison damage, and the gain is NOTHING. so effectively you are trading ~31% of your offhand's poison procs for a whopping gain of nothing. Yes what verain said is true, if you're looking at a fast pathetic green vs a slow heroic blue then the increased damage from auto attacks based on the weapon's dps will make the slow weapon better, but at the same time if you're looking at a level 80 agi dagger vs a level 90 int dagger, the int dagger would be a better choice. does that mean its viable to use a int dagger? i'd say no.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    technically if the ilevel is large enough a caster dagger would be worth it .
    You can't offhand those!

Fine fine, but you get the general idea of what i mean :P Technically with a big enough ilevel difference it would be better for the main hand :P

Deleted
    What I am interested in is where is that difference. Or even: how to calculate that. Currently I got a 496 slow weapon vs a 463 fast weapon. Is it worth it to equip the slow weapon as offhand?

The ilevel itself has 0 effect, its the stats/dps difference. offhand i'd be inclined to say yes, but which weapons exactly are they? the easiest way to do it is to download from simulationcraft.org, run 1 simulation then put the other weapon in your OH and run it again. Where exactly did you get 496? normal mode is 489, hardmode is 502, is that a pvp weapon?