Thumbs down Galleon, the true source of world pvp

Wow. I havent seen, nor been in, a single Galleon group that has gone smoothly.
    Each time the other faction sends people in flagged in the hopes of flagging your whole group and wiping you.
    That OR another group within your faction comes and it becomes a tagging competition.

Was it this bad with the world bosses in vanilla?

15+ Year Old Account
    thats how it is with Sha too, just spam blizzard or rain of fire while he is about to spawn and hope ur grp tags him first

Yes it was. World PvP was always an issue if you wanted to do any world bosses. It was fun, and I am having fun ganking people while Galleon falls to the ground. The DPS requirement is really smooth with a 40 man raid, having 10 people pvp is not an issue.

The tagging competition though, I dislike. It's not fun to camp for hours just to see a random guy tag it and make his own raid in seconds with people leaving their own raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of enjoying the cluster fuckage around the bases of the boss. It really feels like a desperate race to kill him and survive with the other faction chipping away at you hoping you'll wipe and they'll get a chance to tag it (even if that's rarely the case) Some people get to have fun World PvP and others get to down a boss, it's win win, it just means the other faction are the real 'encounter mechanic'.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

hm, when i did my world-boss kills we were the only ones at the location... was kinda disappointed there. and im playing on a pvp-server too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    thats how it is with Sha too, just spam blizzard or rain of fire while he is about to spawn and hope ur grp tags him first
    I haven't been AoE PvP flagged since TBC. I'm pretty sure they fixed that.

I downed Galleon in a group last week that "stole" the tag of another group that pulled with half a raid and expected out of raid players and random people to help them down it. As they were wiping, a second group formed. We tagged the kill, and they tried everything they could to wipe us, and their tears of rage were oh-so-sweet as we downed him and someone won the mount.

You can't claim a mob in wow, whoever gets the tag gets the loot. Just because you sat there for a day doesn't give you the right to anything.

On my server, there's no problem with anything from the other faction.
    Instead, there's just a big race for which side on the horde can tag it first, and steal credit from people on his same faction. Which, basically, is same faction griefing, sort of. Which is horribly stupid to have exist at all. There shouldn't be mechanics that openly make it easy, and profitable to be a jerk to your allies. Look at what stuff like GW2 does. Everyone who helps, regardless of group, gets something. That's how these SHOULD be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I still remember wiping a group of Horde fighting the dragon in Duskwood years ago there were 6 of us and we killed 3 of their healers before they knew what was happening so yeah they wiped.

I've never been in a Galleon group yet cause the 2 top guilds on my realm are claiming it each spawn.. be glad you atleast get to kill galleon

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god please not another one of these threads claiming "world pvp".

Harassing people at Galleon or Sha of Anger is just griefing.

World PvP is dead outside specific zones (Halaa, Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, etc). Stop kicking a dead horse.

On a further note, do not CRZ these bosses. You're not guaranteed loot if it's not your realm, and a GM will not help you. If you see people wasting a galleon or sha with CRZ, I encourage you to grief them.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by jprich View Post
    Was it this bad with the world bosses in vanilla?
    Much worse because some of the loot on world bosses was BIS.

You had people trying to interrupt groups of the other faction through pvp. You had same faction taunt griefing. And then you had the "send in a lowbie during Kazzak and blow up their raid".

I did a ton of world bosses in vanilla/TBC and was not a fan. Logging in at 2am to fly to Hinterlands, oh joy! Was not thrilled that they brought them back. But at least the relatively mediocre loot on them and fast respawn keeps the douchbaggery lower than it would be otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    For same side, cant you have a full raid group, tag boss with that raid group, 5 ppl leave and form own group, and everyone in all 6 groups get credit for the kill? I was sure that still worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For same side, cant you have a full raid group, tag boss with that raid group, 5 ppl leave and form own group, and everyone in all 6 groups get credit for the kill? I was sure that still worked.
    Pretty sure this works: Rarely, though, do you encounter anyone willing to do the effort for that, though, at least on my server. People aren't going to listen, or will assume you're lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Oh god please not another one of these threads claiming "world pvp".

Harassing people at Galleon or Sha of Anger is just griefing.

World PvP is dead outside specific zones (Halaa, Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, etc). Stop kicking a dead horse.

On a further note, do not CRZ these bosses. You're not guaranteed loot if it's not your realm, and a GM will not help you. If you see people wasting a galleon or sha with CRZ, I encourage you to grief them.
    Oh god please not another one of these posts claiming "world pvp" is anything other than PVP in the open world.