Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Multiplayer or MMO?

If it's going to be like Starlncer was i'm fine with that. If it's going to be a MMO, Well I'm sick of MMO's
    No, there's a single player campaign... And then separate to that, there's the MMO.

It would be like if the new elderscrolls MMO was Skyrim + TESO.

I think the single player game is called Squadron 42?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I think the single player game is called Squadron 42?
    Yes, it is. But I'm not sure you can call the multiplayer part of it an MMO or not, as there will be "private" servers you can play on, even you can start your own server, minecraft style. Not to mention they will allow modding on these servers.

Multiplayer or MMO?

If it's going to be like Starlncer was i'm fine with that. If it's going to be a MMO, Well I'm sick of MMO's
    There will be a single player campaign type thing (with drop-in multiplayer for friends), and a shared universe (MMO) where you can be a trader/explorer/merc/join the army etc. Think of it as two games - Wing Commander and MMO-Elite.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There will be a single player campaign type thing (with drop-in multiplayer for friends), and a shared universe (MMO) where you can be a trader/explorer/merc/join the army etc. Think of it as two games - Wing Commander and MMO-Elite.
    I guess I didn't pay attention to it enough. This kinda ruins it a little for me. I like player servers more for a game like this.

It amazes me how fast they get money after releasing hangar module - 1 week for 16->17 mln and now in 1 day after hitting 17 mln they got already 250k. I am merely curious to see how fast we can reach the 100% crowd funded goal of $21 million. Just wondering what will they announce once they reach their main goal of 21 million.

I guess I didn't pay attention to it enough. This kinda ruins it a little for me. I like player servers more for a game like this.
    He was incorrect, it's not an MMO, and you will be able to have player servers.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Fr...sked_Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    He was incorrect, it's not an MMO, and you will be able to have player servers.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Fr...sked_Questions
    From what I understood, you can have player servers but there will be a like... official server hosted by the developers.

(But yeah. Baar, stop trying so hard to be dissapointed. They have single, multiplayer, and MMO (i think), they have you covered.

The game will have modding support too, right? If so, it's very likely there will be something tailored to what you want out of it.

Deleted
    Okay couldn't resist, exploring sounds fun so I just had to buy the Pathfinder pack.

Also Cutlass seems very interesting, I hope they 'release' it soon. I know you can buy it but for now all you get is a model/statue of Cutlass.

Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    It amazes me how fast they get money after releasing hangar module - 1 week for 16->17 mln and now in 1 day after hitting 17 mln they got already 250k. I am merely curious to see how fast we can reach the 100% crowd funded goal of $21 million. Just wondering what will they announce once they reach their main goal of 21 million.
    I think they're going to hit 22 million before the end of the year, but yeah I think they'll have something major planned for 21m.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-09-03 at 11:23 PM.

Yeah, I think they'll hit $22 million well before the release of the dog fighting module in December. When that gets released and if it is good, they'll blow through $25 million by the end of the year.

At that point, I'm guessing there will be decision to be made to see if they will stop taking anymore funding or if they will use that extra money to add to the core game.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-09-04 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Yeah, I think they'll hit $22 million well before the release of the dog fighting module in December. When that gets released and if it is good, they'll blow through $25 million by the end of the year.
    Words can not describe how much I am looking forward to testing it.

Yeah, and at that point, I'll have to make decisions on what craft I might further buy. I have an Origin 300i but depending on how thinks go flying wise, I might either a) upgrade that to an Origin 325a, b) get an Avenger instead or c) change my play style and get a Pathfinder.

That is sort of the brilliance of this funding plan. If the dog-fighting module is a hit, then previous backers will be throwing even more money to get additional ships/or ships that they are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Words can not describe how much I am looking forward to testing it.
    That is going to be the true test of peoples' systems.

Star Citizen passed $18 million in pledges today a week after passing the $17 million dollar mark. With that, the $20 million dollar stretch goal was announced...

"First person combat on select lawless planets. Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!"

Which shouldn't be a big deal to do since they are using CryEngine 3. It will be interesting how they roll this in to the overall story and mechanics of the meta-game.

Also, a preview of one of the spaceports was shown off today...

All I want to do in this game:

Is own a carrier, and have my friends/guild fly in/out of it real time. While I am sitting in my captains chair, listening to the radio chatter, with the ability to walk about my ship.

Quote Originally Posted by zenatsu View Post
    All I want to do in this game:

Is own a carrier, and have my friends/guild fly in/out of it real time. While I am sitting in my captains chair, listening to the radio chatter, with the ability to walk about my ship.
    Sounds like you'd want the Idris Corvette. Only a few of those ships were offered for pledge but you'll be able to eventually get one in the game (not sure how though).

Deleted
    Oh wow, that landing zone video looks gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That is going to be the true test of peoples' systems.
    I... Might have to buy a new rig to run this game.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Star Citizen passed $18 million in pledges today a week after passing the $17 million dollar mark. With that, the $20 million dollar stretch goal was announced...

"First person combat on select lawless planets. Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!"

Which shouldn't be a big deal to do since they are using CryEngine 3. It will be interesting how they roll this in to the overall story and mechanics of the meta-game.

Also, a preview of one of the spaceports was shown off today...

Sounds great, but my only worry is that they end up making 2 half-assed games (space flight, FPS) instead of one really good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan79 View Post
    Sounds great, but my only worry is that they end up making 2 half-assed games (space flight, FPS) instead of one really good one.
    I wouldn't be totally surprised if the ground-combat turned out a bit half-arsed but I really don't think they'll sacrifice anything from the flying parts to fit it in.