https://www.themittani.com/news/four...imperium-games

hrmmm

Wading into less substantiated territory, Derek Smart claimed that 9 CIG Austin employees have been “informed that their jobs are being eliminated in October” and that more will be informed soon, that the Austin office will be closed by the end of 2015, and that the developer only has 8 million USD left and a monthly expenditure of “around $3.5m”.
    not lookin good.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post

Hmmmmmm

CIG’s official comment on the staffing changes is as follows:

Cloud Imperium Games continues to grow its development team across CIG's multiple studios. Each of our four offices is being streamlined to focus on specific parts of Star Citizen which will allow for a more efficient and accelerated completion of the game.

As we announced in June with the appointment of Erin Roberts as Global Production Head we have been reviewing how to optimize our development process, as a result we are moving some jobs and eliminating some redundant positions between some of our offices, as well as increasing them in others. The net result over the next few months will actually be an increase in our global internal employee base.

Looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Hmmmmmm

Looks fine to me.
    Damage control says what?
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2015-09-29 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage control says what?

Hater on a crusade says what?

This is a really simple game to play........

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Hater on a crusade says what?

This is a really simple game to play........
    Im mearly posting the article, you linked the damage control response from them and claimed nothing at all was wrong, There is obv somthing going on otherwise there wouldnt have been an article to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im mearly posting the article, you linked the damage control response from them and claimed nothing at all was wrong, There is obv somthing going on otherwise there wouldnt have been an article to begin with.

Only thing the article can confirm is 2 people leaving in 1 day. Everything else including what you quoted was from..... guess who.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Went back into the game and messed with
    the planet side. Looks very detailed and looking forward to more stuff
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Breaking news: Cloud Imperium no longer requires the services of a couple contractors (Who was told precisely that his position was temporary) now that they have a more experienced guy who does the exact same thing. Zeta cries doom. Coming up next: Will Carbine be ready for Wildstar's relaunch influx? The answer may surprise you. Stay tuned!

not lookin good.
    Taking anything Derek Smart says seriously is generally a pretty bad idea, FYI. But don't tell him I said that, I don't want him to sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Taking anything Derek Smart says seriously is generally a pretty bad idea, FYI. But don't tell him I said that, I don't want him to sue me.
    Is it any better than a guy whos last game only got published when he was bought out because microsoft was tired of 3 years of delays and still spent months to publish a unfinished game?

Is it any better than a guy whos last game only got published when he was bought out because microsoft was tired of 3 years of delays and still spent months to publish a unfinished game?
    No clue, I'm largely ignorant of all things Wing Commander/Chris Roberts, though I did watch the movie on Netflix recently and it was god damn hilarious.

I'm purely speaking of Smart, who has a well deserved reputation for being unreliable, prone to hostile reactions to criticism, and attention seeking behavior.

He is not someone who should really be quoted as any kind of source reliable enough to write about on his word alone.

I'm glad Zeta is around to tell us again how terrifyingly bad everything is! n/m he's just being a twat as usual.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-09-29 at 08:50 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm glad Zeta is around to tell us again how terrifyingly bad everything is! n/m he's just being a twat as usual.
    I herd if you plug your ears and go LALALALALALA louder the game will come out sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id be surprised seeing someone taking Derek Smart seriously with such unsubstantiated claims, but then again, its TheMittani...

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone who takes derek smart seriously has no credibility when talking about star citizen.

zeta still doomsays even after the social module came out, and with citizen con coming in the next few weeks, i wonder what he and Smart will say next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Next logical step is for Smart to ask for Chris Roberts birth certificate in order to prove whether he exists or not.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Next logical step is for Smart to ask for Chris Roberts birth certificate in order to prove whether he exists or not.
    Hes only asked for public disclosure of the companies finacials which since its a crowdfunded game should be mandatory imo.

Hes only asked for public disclosure of the companies finacials which since its a crowdfunded game should be mandatory imo.
    CR has already done that; at the end of every month the backers get a clear and precise breakdown of what's going on what the money is being spent on, new hires, the plan, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    CR has already done that; at the end of every month the backers get a clear and precise breakdown of what's going on what the money is being spent on, new hires, the plan, and so on.
    Vague description of what moneys being spent on vs hard company financials is a different thing. We should be able to look and see whats left of the money from the kickstarter.

Vague description of what moneys being spent on vs hard company financials is a different thing. We should be able to look and see whats left of the money from the kickstarter.
    I'm curious as to what company does deliver hard financials. We see rough breakdowns, occasionally, but by and large companies do not divulge their monthly expenses in detail. They have no obligation to, either.