With the $21 million dollar funding goal passed today, Chris Roberts announced the $23 million dollar stretch goal. It should be the last stretch goal before the full game funding is complete.
    Unlocking of an alien space craft for player use...

Xi’an Scout Unlocked! The Khartu is the light attack craft of the Xi’An military. Contrary to Human ship design, the Khartu doesn’t have a traditional main thruster, instead featuring an array of maneuvering thrusters on articulated rigs. This design allows for incredible agility, making them the bane of UEE pilots, who bestowed the nickname ‘Quark’ because when all of the thrusters are firing, the ship looks like a spark flying through space. The Xi’an Aopoa corporation also manufactures an export model, the Khartu-al, for sale to human civilians as a dedicated scout/explorer. The export model features the same Xi’an maneuvering rig, but control surfaces modified for human use and a more limited armament. (Designer: Aopoa)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe how much money people are throwing at this game.... The cheapest ship to buy is more expensive than buying an entire new AAA game. These ships should be like $10 each, and people are paying hundreds, and in some cases thousands.

Aren't pretty much all of these ships obtainable in game? I mean, they did say they didn't want it to be pay to win.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I can't believe how much money people are throwing at this game.... The cheapest ship to buy is more expensive than buying an entire new AAA game. These ships should be like $10 each, and people are paying hundreds, and in some cases thousands.

Aren't pretty much all of these ships obtainable in game?
    I mean, they did say they didn't want it to be pay to win.
    Yes.

People are just paying for a head start.

And from the sound of it, this isn't going to be a game where there is a goal (and thus no real "winning").
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    These ships should be like $10 each
    Nah, the game needs to get funded and it won't happen if ships cost $10. As many say in SCi forums:
    "You're not buying the game, you're pledging to get the game funded."

10+ Year Old Account
    I will gladly blow 60~75 bucks on this game. It's probably going to be around for a long, long time and give me hundreds of hours of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Nah, the game needs to get funded and it won't happen if ships cost $10. As many say in SCi forums:
    "You're not buying the game, you're pledging to get the game funded."
    The game was funded 19 million dollars ago (their kickstarter was only set for 2 million IIRC), the rest was just to get more features than initially planned. I'm sure if the ships were $10 and maybe the most expensive $100 they still would have raised a ton of money, and more people would have bought them. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy the game is so well funded, and I'm definitely going to play it (I've already bought it). I'm just surprised how much other people are willing to spend for a single ship. I don't blame RSI for charging what they are because it's obvious people will pay it, but sadly not everyone is able to spend that kind of money.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    The game was funded 19 million dollars ago (their kickstarter was only set for 2 million IIRC), the rest was just to get more features than initially planned.
    I'm pretty sure the "finishing line" is at 23m. At that point the game doesn't need a publisher anymore and everything after that is just more sugar on top of the already sweet cake.

I'm sure if the ships were $10 and maybe the most expensive $100 they still would have raised a ton of money, and more people would have bought them. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy the game is so well funded, and I'm definitely going to play it (I've already bought it). I'm just surprised how much other people are willing to spend for a single ship. I don't blame RSI for charging what they are because it's obvious people will pay it, but sadly not everyone is able to spend that kind of money.
    Yeah, some of them cost absurd amounts. But it wouldn't work if everyone has Idris Corvette.
    But I do agree there are a lot of crazy players out there, spending over $5000 on unreleased game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I'm pretty sure the "finishing line" is at 23m. At that point the game doesn't need a publisher anymore and everything after that is just more sugar on top of the already sweet cake.
    The original 2 million of the kickstarter was to prove that there is an interest for this type of game, so they could get some publisher or private investors to back it, 23 million has always been the planned cost of the entire game though. Luckily since they managed to raise all the funds for it themselves, it means they can make the game they want.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I will gladly blow 60~75 bucks on this game. It's probably going to be around for a long, long time and give me hundreds of hours of fun.
    I got the Digital Bounty Hunter pledge amount. It is $65 bucks which is $5 more than the expected final cost of the full game. It comes with a few good perks (4 months of ship insurance, alpha and beta access, nice ship to start out with, a couple thousand in credits, the full Star Citizen MMO, Squadron 42 single player game and a basic hanger).

Roberts Space Industries just announced "The Next Great Starship" contest.

"These sixteen teams of finalists will have to conceptualize, design, model, animate and rig their model while submitting their progress for weekly review by a panel of science fiction’s leading concept artists, designers and celebrities, along with the man himself, Chris Roberts.

Each successful challenge, takes you one step closer to the grand prize. Failure means you go ‘home’. In the end, the last two teams will be flown to Los Angeles to compete live in front of the judges and the community on June 8 2014, for the grand prize: $30,000, their ship incorporated into the Star Citizen universe, cool swag, and the title of...

The Next Great Starship."

with all these people throwing money at just an idea, i wonder how the backlash will/would be if it doesnt meet peoples overblown expectations, will admit the idea's of this game sound great on paper, but i could of said the same for SWTOR. ill keep my money till its officially launched.

Here's a nice large gallery of concept art and art assets from CitizenCon 2013 yesterday, which marked the 1 year anniversary of starting the crown funding campaign.
    Forgot to add character concept art from yesterday too.

Bonus gif of the shield effects from the live stream last night...

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-10-11 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    with all these people throwing money at just an idea, i wonder how the backlash will/would be if it doesnt meet peoples overblown expectations, will admit the idea's of this game sound great on paper, but i could of said the same for SWTOR. ill keep my money till its officially launched.
    Same here, not that hyped at all for it, but it's welcome to try and blow my mind when the time comes.

Deleted
    Honestly, just read how the death mechanic will work in Star Citizen, and it's exactly what I wanted to see from this game, new ideas and this one sounds pretty great as well.

It's a sort of perma death but not. Your character has "lives", and losing these is represented by losing limbs or taking permanent cosmetic damage to their body. Limbs and such can be replaced by cybernetics or other types of implants, but after a while your body just gives up and the character dies. Then all your belongings and most of your reputation is transferred over to the NPC (children, spouse, etc.) you named your beneficiary at the start of the game, and you will be able to play as them.

It's a pretty long read, but it sounds fun. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Of-A-Spaceman

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Arbiter pack a while ago, looking forward to things starting to get released.

Cool Aurora commercial released today that shows what type of ship customization that can be done in game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    I see the point and I agree, however to be honest, if the game deliver even half of what it promises it may turn out to be one of the best and most successful game ever. As I'm a born skeptic though I will reserve judgement when a more complete version is out for test

Deleted
    Damn, they reached the 22$ million dollar goal the same week they reached 21$ mill. Curious to see if there will be a 24 mill stretch goal or if they'd just use it for extra polish, and so on.

With the $22 million dollar funding goal passed today, Chris Roberts announced the $24 million dollar stretch goal. $23 million used to be the goal but now it looks like that stretch goals will be continuing as long as funding continues. That being said, these stretch goals are supposed to be coming post launch of the game.

Public Transportation System – Need to get from one place to another but don’t have a starship? We’re building a galactic transportation system. You can travel via transport from system to system in Star Citizen and even ship items (like a ship you need move to another hangar.) With this stretch goal, we’ll expand this system: star liners, long range transports, charter ships and flyable shuttles!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    That being said, these stretch goals are supposed to be coming post launch of the game.
    Glad to hear that.