The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok you're not happy with the answer. No convincing you it seems.

And if you really wanna pull the shit tier "hurr you upset" card this is over. Not that you brought much to the table to begin with so toodles.
    What answer? None of what you said has anything to do with "making something worthwhile" Your arguing that what they did make wasn't innovation. An argument I never made.

Also the irony of your post is killing me lmfao.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It is ridiculous people are giving them a free pass for being so incompetent. I loved all of the deadlines they missed. SQ42 was supposed to be out how LONG ago? One thing they are doing that IS impressive is how fast they are able to piss away the money they have taken in. Those stretch goals in the Kickstarter really seemed to fuck them over nicely.
    Welp their own fault.

I mean says a lot that they've had to ask for outside investment after over $200 million in crowdfunding invested into this product.

Smells to me like mismanagement.

I'm all for giving devs a chance. And the benefit of the doubt. But this dev team and head honcho have messed up so many times that EA would be laughing at them.

Star Citizen is the only space game that will bring a complete experience, this game has been the largest and most ambitious project to currently be undertaken, game has been in proper development for around 6 years so another 1-2 years to build and design a game this complex is not perfectly reasonable. A simple MMO takes 4-5 years, Star Citizen is far from simple, along with having to build the company completely from scratch.

If you can't see what Star Citizen will become and can only offer constant critism then why are you even wasting you time talking about the game(at this point its pretty much trolling), I would rather wait longer for a game to be ready than what happens with developers these days that launch half assed games with no content and bugged to the max.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Star Citizen is the only space game that will bring a complete experience, this game has been the largest and most ambitious project to currently be undertaken, game has been in proper development for around 6 years so another 1-2 years to build and design a game this complex is not perfectly reasonable. A simple MMO takes 4-5 years, Star Citizen is far from simple, along with having to build the company completely from scratch.

If you can't see what Star Citizen will become and can only offer constant critism then why are you even wasting you time talking about the game(at this point its pretty much trolling), I would rather wait longer for a game to be ready than what happens with developers these days that launch half assed games with no content and bugged to the max.
    I mean....they are running out of money. Buy more ships to help this poor company make it!

I mean....they are running out of money. Buy more ships to help this poor company make it!
    Quick, buy the $25,000 DLC! It's totally better than the $15,000 DLC!

This entire game is a scam. They got their MILLIONS already and have yet to put out the product in the timeline they promised AND STILL HAVE THE BALLS TO ASK FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in "Microtransactions". Though not sure "micro" is the word I'd use for this shit. The worst part is PEOPLE ARE BUYING THEM! The entire reason they made the $25,000 pack is because people bought the $15,000 pack and said they wanted a more expensive one! Why bother finishing the game when they can just prolong development and milk these cows?

The only good thing to come from this game are the videos of people using the facial tracking.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

https://i.imgur.com/Wuberww.gifv

Oh shit boys. CLOTH. Fucking cloth. I'm not even kidding. This was something they "hyped up" at Citizencon.
    This is the first time I've seen that. TBH, that is fairly impressive. Almost every game that I've seen with cloth has terrible clipping issues. I'm not saying this is revolutionary, but its probably the most impressive real-time cloth I've seen, especially the second sequence with the cloth folding on top of itself (if you can show me some better examples, I'll gladly look at them). The last sequence wasn't very good though, as it would not flatten out perfectly like that, even if it was a heavier material like a tarp or canvas. Granted, this is a simple demo, so I'm going to have to see it working like that in the PU before I'm actually impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    This is the first time I've seen that. TBH, that is fairly impressive. Almost every game that I've seen with cloth has terrible clipping issues. I'm not saying this is revolutionary, but its probably the most impressive real-time cloth I've seen, especially the second sequence with the cloth folding on top of itself (if you can show me some better examples, I'll gladly look at them). The last sequence wasn't very good though, as it would not flatten out perfectly like that, even if it was a heavier material like a tarp or canvas. Granted, this is a simple demo, so I'm going to have to see it working like that in the PU before I'm actually impressed.
    Seriously? The point went way over your head here mate. Or you are just playing ignorant for the sake of it.

The game has pissed away most of it's money, has fuck all to show for that money being thrown away, has to get outside investment to help it and all you can focus on is a bit of cloth?

You don't see what's wrong with that mindset? The fact that the game has been developed at such a slow rate you get excited over a bit of cloth?

It's not fucking impressive. No sane person goes into a game and thinks "OH SHIT BOYS THAT CLOTH MECHANIC WHERE IT DROPS ON MY SHIP IS AMAZING 10/10 GAME".

It's like the image of tree bark. Nobody gives a shit about the texture of some damn bark in a game. And if you do then no offence but I imagine you are the kind of person who takes joy in literally watching paint dry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Just a little fix there... carry on!

As I always say, expect the worst, hope for the best.
    I mean I'd rather play Tiger Handheld LCD games than this.

They are shit but at least they don't try to hide it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-22 at 02:56 AM.

Jesus fuck, chill down.

The way I say it, regardless out this turns out, it’s a win-win situation, at least for me.

If the fans are right, I’ll have a new great game to play, and as long as they give me p.servers they can even throw all the pay-2-win shit they want in it.

If fans are wrong and the damn thing flops for whatever reason, I’ll have a new great reason to laugh for days, especially after all the dumb shit I’ve been called here just for daring to say anything negative towards the project.

… again, my biggest grip with it was the shit they are selling on the store, as long as they give me a way to avoid dealing with the entire shit, I don’t really give a fuck.
    Meh. I just lack hope for this game personally. Just my 2 cents.

And unless they do an entire wipe before launch/during Beta then it's gonna carry over.

Which will piss people who sunk thousands of dollars into the game off. They've essentially put themselves in a corner here with no matter what they do someone is gonna lose out big time.

do you even listen to the nonsense that comes out of you, the games brings in on average 2 million a month, with 8-10 million during sales, along with an extra 46 million just recently been put in by an investor, and even without that 46 million they have more than enough to complete the game.

Also where is the bank balance for CiG proving they are running out of money.

Seriously? The point went way over your head here mate. Or you are just playing ignorant for the sake of it.

The game has pissed away most of it's money, has fuck all to show for that money being thrown away, has to get outside investment to help it and all you can focus on is a bit of cloth?

You don't see what's wrong with that mindset? The fact that the game has been developed at such a slow rate you get excited over a bit of cloth?

It's not fucking impressive. No sane person goes into a game and thinks "OH SHIT BOYS THAT CLOTH MECHANIC WHERE IT DROPS ON MY SHIP IS AMAZING 10/10 GAME".

It's like the image of tree bark. Nobody gives a shit about the texture of some damn bark in a game. And if you do then no offence but I imagine you are the kind of person who takes joy in literally watching paint dry.
    Hey! You watch it there buddy! The Professional PaintDrying League will come for you.

Omg the cloth, the reflections!! Oh wait mixing ToA and SC again! Silly me.

- - - Updated - - -

do you even listen to the nonsense that comes out of you, the games brings in on average 2 million a month, with 8-10 million during sales, along with an extra 46 million just recently been put in by an investor, and even without that 46 million they have more than enough to complete the game.

I mean if they didn't get that funding from an investor they were going to run out of money. I believe they had what, 12 million left out of all the money they have taken in up to this point? That shows they have really bad money management and are trying to do too much. Smart on the investor though, if they think they can get the game out with that 46 million then they likely will get some nice profits.

I mean if they didn't get that funding from an investor they were going to run out of money. I believe they had what, 12 million left out of all the money they have taken in up to this point? That shows they have really bad money management and are trying to do too much. Smart on the investor though, if they think they can get the game out with that 46 million then they likely will get some nice profits.
    Its not exactly cheap to setup an operational company which has taken 4-5 years to get fully staffed, and even without that 46 million there was enough money left and income to make it to a squadron 42 release without other investment. Do you not think the company has financal advisors, etc to help run things as smoothly as possible. Now if CiG was fully manned from the getgo then the game most likely would be released or almost ready by now and would of cost much less to make the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO!!!! again, nothing but conjecture and accusations with no proof and then even have the audacity to claim that figures in evidence which prove the contrary are actually support for the conspiracy theory that funding is an issue, when it's been steady, year-over-year, since the kick-starter ended. i feel really sorry for you guys, you move goalposts to attempt, but ultimately fail, to make your "criticisms" valid when it's nothing more than fiction at this point without actual proof. CIG showed their financials, their roadmap, their game (even while in heavy development), now it's your turn to show us why your criticisms are valid, and no, your opinion does not count when you are trying to pass it off as fact, show us proof.

Anvil Hawk. i am really feeling this ship and it will be one of the first i buy in-game with in-game currency after release:

600i at dusk/dawn on Hurston (really dope):

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

3.4.1 out

I really likehow smooth it runs lately. Getting 50-110FPS around.
    I still remember when the village idiot (DS) said OCS won't bring any inprovements it's just a hype, well CIG doubled the FPS numbers from 3.2 to 3.4.

Also it's a good laugh to see are these business professionals going on about CIG's financials...well this might be news for some, but most companies run like this, have 2-3 months (or even less) safety cushion money, the rest is in the business turning around. If you sit on your money it won't do any work for you. That's how business works. Month by month year by year you predict how much income you will have and move accordingly, your safety cushion is just there to bridge any unforseeable events.
    Last edited by Malibutomi; 2018-12-22 at 11:25 AM.

Hey! You watch it there buddy! The Professional PaintDrying League will come for you.

Omg the cloth, the reflections!! Oh wait mixing ToA and SC again! Silly me.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the fact they had to get outside investment after 200 million+ in crowdfunding should tell you the state of the company and how it handles it's finances right there.

As I said. A good dev would have a full product to show for it by now.

Deleted
    Well if it ever launches and the reviews are great, i might give it a shot. As is, there's little reason to "get hyped". I've seen the one and a half hour "gameplay" footage and it looked extremely boring, no idea why they thought THAT was something people would like to see, lol.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a little fix there... carry on!

As I always say, expect the worst, hope for the best.
    IF anyone bought the game thinking it was 100% for sure coming out. They need to not have control of their own money.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

But they won't complete the game. WHY complete it when you can keep milking your fans for every penny they have? Why complete it when you can keep charging people thousands of dollars for virtual ships because they are dumb enough to actually pay for?

Game is a scam. And if you gave them money, I'm sorry...you're never getting the completed project you seem to think you will be getting.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I mean I'd rather play Tiger Handheld LCD games than this.
    And yet, here you are, sporting a raging hard-on for this thread.

You seem to be a fairly level-headed individual in most other threads I see you post in, but man, the amount of hate, rage, and vitriol in here is...intense. I can only surmise that Chris Roberts stole your car and killed your dog, and for that, I am sorry. Seriously man, its just a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    And yet, here you are, sporting a raging hard-on for this thread.

You seem to be a fairly level-headed individual in most other threads I see you post in, but man, the amount of hate, rage, and vitriol in here is...intense. I can only surmise that Chris Roberts stole your car and killed your dog, and for that, I am sorry. Seriously man, its just a video game.
    Nah I just despise devs who take money and fail to deliver. They are an infestation to the gaming industry and the sooner people like Chris Roberts fade into full obscurity the better. As I said he is a has been wanting to be a somebody again.

Not my problem the game has pissed away the majority of it's resources and only has an Alpha to show for it where an actual studio would have a game or a product close to a release state.

But sure pull the "hurr raging hard on and CR/CiG killed your dog" crap. It's nothing I haven't heard before. Just a usual person defending the game like it can do no wrong just like in the Rift, Wildstar and other game threads.

I mean I'm talking to the person who got hyped over some cloth. So I imagine you are the same person who got hyped over the constipated facial animations they showed off. Not even kidding. All they did was show the guy with facial animations that literally look like someone who is constipated.

Funny coincidence is all those games that people defend blindly on this forum either end up dead, dying or have a seriously low player/count/barely anything newsworthy.

And actually I am playing a Tiger Handheld LCD right now. Just to show my nephew what shitty games looked like back then. Maybe I'll show him this to show what scams look like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    But they won't complete the game. WHY complete it when you can keep milking your fans for every penny they have? Why complete it when you can keep charging people thousands of dollars for virtual ships because they are dumb enough to actually pay for?

Game is a scam. And if you gave them money, I'm sorry...you're never getting the completed project you seem to think you will be getting.
    I mean it's 54 dollars to buy in. That's £40 here. For that I could get a whole slew of amazing Indie games.

The microtransactions as I've said are a complete joke in an Alpha. Especially considering it's P2W.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-22 at 02:14 PM.

Well eleccy wouldn't give a damn about clipping in games anyways after all he plays ff14. the game that drains most of its players subscription into things like ff15 which took over 10 years to come out from a small indie company obviously... whilst also not showing a single bit of its development for people looking forward to playing it.

Btw i also play ff14 and in the last 6 hours of playing star citizen iv had more fun playing that than a whole year of the shit show they produced for stormblood. Well i still don't go on the ff14 fan pages just to bash the shitness of eureka or its continuous repeated content cycles and just outright lazy reskins of gear each patch. Hell the thing that really pissed me off in that game was when they brought out the brand new hildebrand questline. Instead of putting the new glamour gear related to that content in the game as a quest reward they stuck it right on the mogstation for real cash and gender locked it for no reason.

Well lets see if they can make anything original for next expansion and not just repeat the same shit over and over again like they already done. At least for me i get to see star citizens news on what they are doing and how they are doing it each week and how they are pushing themselves to make a game that is in ways trying to surpass what things like elite have done. (though not an elite player myself can you even get out of your ship yet or are you still the damn ship itself?)

for people that dont know why cloth tech can actually make people happy let me post this pic from the beauty that is ff14, an item that costs actual money no less -