1. #7261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    1- I mean how much fucking money do they need? Look at how much they have taken in, they still have a cash shop going. Also, haven't you guys been saying they had enough money without outside investment to finish the job? It looks BAD because it is a crowdfunded project for the people paying in and now that dream/vision is being tampered with by outside investments. If you can't understand that then there is nothing more to say on it.

    2- Oh is that all? A seat on the company and an 'advisory' role? Sure that's all. Yup. They won't totally influence changes to attempt to make the game more profitable or anything. Nope. That's funny, they have NO say? I highly doubt that one.

    3- Uh huh sure, if they had enough to make it to 2021 then they didn't need outside investors. But that isn't what happened.

    4- That's the thing. It ISN'T just his game anymore. When you start taking in money from people it becomes their game too. Does it not? This isn't the same as buying a completed project off the shelf, this is crowdfunding.

    5- Then maybe they should have tempered their goals and informed the community that they didn't have enough money to make a game of the larger scope the community wanted, eh? I think they took in MORE than enough money to make this game. Just because they are shitty with management and can't deliver without outside investment is their fault.
    Do you even understand what the game is going for, fully interactive ships and enviroments where you can do pretty much anything, some features they are putting in may be a little too over the top, game development is not cheap and the scope is beyond any game currently available or in development as far as im aware.

    There is going to be worlds covered in cities where you can land and explore and there will be planets where there is not much for thousands of kms, there is also going to be player build structures and such. The scope of the game is probably too big but im happy to wait as long as it takes so i can get a space game that has a little bit of everything.4
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  2. #7262
    We sure do get told about the "scope" a lot don't we?

    Is that like the buzzword for this thread?

  3. #7263
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    19,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    But this is a totally different project than most companies. Do you really think this outside investor has ZERO input on what goes on?
    Considering WHO we are talking about. No, I don't he think would let an outsider have any say at this point.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  4. #7264
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Do you even understand what the game is going for, fully interactive ships and enviroments where you can do pretty much anything, some features they are putting in may be a little too over the top, game development is not cheap and the scope is beyond any game currently available or in development as far as im aware.

    There is going to be worlds covered in cities where you can land and explore and there will be planets where there is not much for thousands of kms, there is also going to be player build structures and such. The scope of the game is probably too big but im happy to wait as long as it takes so i can get a space game that has a little bit of everything.4
    I mean, you do understand that he has made these exact (or extremely similar) promises before, followed largely the same development trajectory, and then failed to deliver, right?

    He's a big talker with lofty ideas, and sometimes that really makes an impression on people. I get it. But until he delivers on this dream that he's been talking about for 20+ years or so, I'm going to keep being skeptical.

  5. #7265
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I mean, you do understand that he has made these exact (or extremely similar) promises before, followed largely the same development trajectory, and then failed to deliver, right?

    He's a big talker with lofty ideas, and sometimes that really makes an impression on people. I get it. But until he delivers on this dream that he's been talking about for 20+ years or so, I'm going to keep being skeptical.
    get into the PTU on a free fly even and see what has been delivered so far, a work in progress but you can see where the work has gone too
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #7266
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I mean, you do understand that he has made these exact (or extremely similar) promises before, followed largely the same development trajectory, and then failed to deliver, right?

    He's a big talker with lofty ideas, and sometimes that really makes an impression on people. I get it. But until he delivers on this dream that he's been talking about for 20+ years or so, I'm going to keep being skeptical.
    Still on track to at least complete the game, unlike that pile of shit made by gaming's even bigger piece of shit, Derek Smart.

  7. #7267
    Holy Priest Saphyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlight Temple
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I dont get this constant crying about crowdfunded tittles selling assets in advance to fund development.

    Probably comes from the same gamers who cry about the lack of inovation of the mmorpg genre.

    How hard is it to understand that It's the only way these projects can even have a chance to exist. Selling ships have been there from the start. Dont like it fine. Go back to your monthly fee theme park ride. It's all good, no game or company pleases everyone.

    Bitching about the wind and water being cold when you keep going to the same scotish beach during the winter seems the smart thing to do alright.
    Had it been skins for ships ingame no one would have given much of a fuck. But since if you pay money you can skip the initial grind and be ahead of the curve big time.

    I used to love trading/mining in other space sims (also eve online). But by knowing that a guy paid x amount of money to get a massive freighter to haul loads of stuff thus skipping the x amount of grind there is in the start means I will be behind. Unless that guy stops playing. That's the definition of P2W. No matter how much skill I have and how much I grind, by the very notion that someone paid money will be miles ahead of me even before starting is a sour experience.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

  8. #7268
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Care to elaborate? It's not even subjective at this point, it's objective. It's what has happened. And I was right, you were wrong.

    P.s: The best part is when people like you can't keep it in and start flaming. Just shows I hit a soft spot and that what I'm saying is true. You just don't like the truth.

    God bless your soul.
    The fact that Chris Roberts created a company from nothing and that after 6 years of work and without the released of a single title its valued at 500 million dollars and in your head you see it as a bad thing not only showcases how strong is your delusion and axe to grind against cig and chris roberts but also your naiveness and childish view of how game development and business in general works in the real world.

    It's a waste of time to try to discuss anything elaborate with people who have no ground in reality and keep believing in "smart" theories. No wonder you're reaching into the fantasy realm again and again, it's the only it makes sense in your head, it's the only "right" you will accept.

    These continuous fuss about delays, rearrangements of scope or new funding methods are so ridiculous as useless, they all happen in every studios and with all developers, just normally behind closed doors, but since CIG decided to expose it to plain gamers now we have these pretend wannabes know it all about how to run gaming studios across the world while doing ambitious games and manage a community and crowdfunding. I bet most couldn't run a company to save their lives or have the creative mindset to make something worthwhile for other's than their relatives.

    Even if time and time again everything they claim gets proven to be wrong, they will find a way to twist it again and again until they find a new "reality" that suits their fantasy.

    God bless your soul I can't even imagine how you will handle the release of Squadron 42 or the next Star Citizen updates.

    Like you're messiah would say: "It's going to be glorious" alright!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Had it been skins for ships ingame no one would have given much of a fuck. But since if you pay money you can skip the initial grind and be ahead of the curve big time.

    I used to love trading/mining in other space sims (also eve online). But by knowing that a guy paid x amount of money to get a massive freighter to haul loads of stuff thus skipping the x amount of grind there is in the start means I will be behind. Unless that guy stops playing. That's the definition of P2W. No matter how much skill I have and how much I grind, by the very notion that someone paid money will be miles ahead of me even before starting is a sour experience.
    It's not that simple / linear, Bigger ship's have inherent downsides compared with smaller ships and are not necessarily "better". They will have more fuel costs, more human resources needs (crew), bigger targets and more appealing for pirates and so on.

    If you can rewrite your brain into the fact that not all games have to be played as a race to the "top" you'll have no problem understanding the potential of fun present in Star Citizen, with or without ship selling.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2018-12-27 at 07:37 PM.

  9. #7269
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Do you even understand what the game is going for
    Oh I think I understand it just fine. Feature Creep that they are unlikely to meet all of these goals. That is why they had to get outside funding to keep kicking the can further down the road.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Considering WHO we are talking about. No, I don't he think would let an outsider have any say at this point.
    But we don't know, do we? I personally don't think that is the case but guess we'll see if anything changes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Still on track to at least complete the game, unlike that pile of shit made by gaming's even bigger piece of shit, Derek Smart.
    Wasn't it on track to be completed in 2014? 2015? no? 2016?? Damn delays and pushbacks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    These continuous fuss about delays, rearrangements of scope or new funding methods are so ridiculous as useless, they all happen in every studios and with all developers, just normally behind closed doors, but since CIG decided to expose it
    I mean WHO is the one that put out those deadlines they kept missing over and over? Yeah. That is what I thought.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    God bless your soul I can't even imagine how you will handle the release of Squadron 42 or the next Star Citizen updates.
    Settle down there. I mean by then we might have flying cars and shit. Do you think this game is going to change the world? You know how I'll handle the release of those 2 things should they ever happen? With a shrug and I'll go back to my games.

  10. #7270
    You guys keep crying over milk that was never spilled , you think it will be spilled in the future, but you don't know yet you keep crying and crying.
    At the same time you say you keep saying that you have no interest in the milk.

    Crying about Star Citizen got old like 3 years ago and smart used all the tears by now. I think you guys should find a new hobbie.

  11. #7271
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You guys keep crying over milk that was never spilled , you think it will be spilled in the future, but you don't know yet you keep crying and crying.
    At the same time you say you keep saying that you have no interest in the milk.

    Crying about Star Citizen got old like 3 years ago and smart used all the tears by now. I think you guys should find a new hobbie.
    Pointless to insult people really. I do love how you ignore that SC has missed MULTIPLE deadlines they self imposed. But hey, we're the ones crying.

  12. #7272
    I mean is the P2W discussion even worth having anymore?

    It's been proven it's P2W so wouldn't it just be best to move on? You can buy character/power advantages and have a huge lead over someone not paying. That's what P2W is and what is considered to be commonplace P2W.

    Not having a go at anyone I mean I just feel like this is starting to go in circles a bit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Pointless to insult people really. I do love how you ignore that SC has missed MULTIPLE deadlines they self imposed. But hey, we're the ones crying.
    Don't worry I'm sure Chris will say he needs "two more years".... and then 2 more.... and maybe another year.

  13. #7273
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't worry I'm sure Chris will say he needs "two more years".... and then 2 more.... and maybe another year.
    Heh and I'm sure his investors will yank on his leash as he'd need more and more investor money to keep afloat.

  14. #7274
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    19,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    But we don't know, do we? I personally don't think that is the case but guess we'll see if anything changes.
    So maybe someone shouldn't go round claiming it as fact already then correct?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  15. #7275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Pointless to insult people really. I do love how you ignore that SC has missed MULTIPLE deadlines they self imposed. But hey, we're the ones crying.
    Not insults just straightnening plain facts.
    Every single game developer misses Multiple Deadlines one after the other. You just dont know about them because you have made no effort into knowing what you talk about.

    You keep crying instead of doing your homework. You cry because it's the easy way out to turn your fantasies into reality. The sooner you accept your ignorance and try to learn the better. Humble yourself and grow as a gamer who likes to discuss games in development. Maybe then you'll be able to contribute instead of poluting threads.

  16. #7276
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Not insults just straightnening plain facts.
    Every single game developer misses Multiple Deadlines one after the other. You just dont know about them because you have made no effort into knowing what you talk about.
    I don't know man. I have a pretty long history with video games and I can only recall two that went through what SC is going through - Prey and Duke Nukem Forever.

  17. #7277
    Oh welll nothing changing.... Crying over Milk that was never spread..... You guys don't really like milk do you.

    You just enjoy crying, well cry all you want, Nothing Will change, your tears have no depth anyway.

  18. #7278
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Had it been skins for ships ingame no one would have given much of a fuck. But since if you pay money you can skip the initial grind and be ahead of the curve big time.

    I used to love trading/mining in other space sims (also eve online). But by knowing that a guy paid x amount of money to get a massive freighter to haul loads of stuff thus skipping the x amount of grind there is in the start means I will be behind. Unless that guy stops playing. That's the definition of P2W. No matter how much skill I have and how much I grind, by the very notion that someone paid money will be miles ahead of me even before starting is a sour experience.
    P2W is when you can buy something with cash that is better than anything that can be earned in game. If they had a freighter with more cargo capacitor than anything in game or a fighter with better guns and shield than you can earn in game then it is definitely pay-to-win. Personally I'm not bothered by it, I don't see this sort of game as being any sort of direct competition and I don't care if people get bigger or better ships by playing more or paying more.

    B2W do you see people spending cash on bigger monitors, faster computers or advanced controllers as pay-to-win because they are paying real life money for an advantage in the game?

  19. #7279
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Pointless to insult people really. I do love how you ignore that SC has missed MULTIPLE deadlines they self imposed. But hey, we're the ones crying.
    Bitch, please. I've seen other games that have gone into "release" state that had additional development after the fact and patches were delayed upwards of a year, especially the developers who actually had the stones to promise major updates within a few months of a release launch only to not follow through. RSI missing self imposed deadlines is nothing new, for them or any other developer who has added substantial updates to their games after release. And most developers miss their targets with internal deadlines. The only difference is that the game is in open publicity development.

  20. #7280
    Holy Priest Saphyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlight Temple
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    P2W is when you can buy something with cash that is better than anything that can be earned in game. If they had a freighter with more cargo capacitor than anything in game or a fighter with better guns and shield than you can earn in game then it is definitely pay-to-win. Personally I'm not bothered by it, I don't see this sort of game as being any sort of direct competition and I don't care if people get bigger or better ships by playing more or paying more.

    B2W do you see people spending cash on bigger monitors, faster computers or advanced controllers as pay-to-win because they are paying real life money for an advantage in the game?
    You might need to refresh your understanding of the word Pay-to-Win.

    At any point where you can pay for an advantage whether it be Pay-to-Skip or pay to get an OP ship or whatever. As soon as it has any gameplay effect on other players it is Pay-to-Win whether you like it or not. The only thing that is not Pay-to-Win is cosmetics. Since they only apply a skin to an already existing ship. It is even Pay-to-Win if the ship you buy is worse than the starter ship, though for the love of me I would not think of anyone except collectors that would buy that.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •