Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    How is Eve Vs. SC even a thing?
    They are completely separate games. Other than the fact that they take place in space there are almost no similarities.
    Agreed.

I'm looking forward to playing Star Citizen. It's been a long time since I've played a space "sim", X-Wing vs Tie Fighter was the last one, but SC actually has me kinda excited about it.

They are completely separate games. Other than the fact that they take place in space there are almost no similarities.
    It became a thing thanks to Zeta's thread shitting. Dude has a hard on for hating SC.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-05-21 at 04:40 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a thing, its just Zeta hating SC while being a EVE player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It became a thing thanks to Zeta's thread shitting. Dude has a hard on for hating SC.
    I dont have SC, i hate what SC has been doing there is a difference. But with this long pushed back dogfighting module coming out it could change dunno. ANd im pretty sure the people to bring up eve have been everyone else when they are trying to shit talk back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont have SC, i hate what SC has been doing there is a difference. But with this long pushed back dogfighting module coming out it could change dunno. ANd im pretty sure the people to bring up eve have been everyone else when they are trying to shit talk back.
    From what little I've seen, it seems like you latched on to the delay of the dog fighting module and on the basis that it was delayed about 6 months (a not very significant delay in the life cycle of a game this ambitious) started touting SC as vaporware, a scam, etc. I could fully understand that type of reaction if the game had been in full development longer, like 4-5 years, but it's still relatively young with a little over two years active development. And it's not like the dog fighting module was delayed because they couldn't get it done. We're not getting the same module we would have gotten back in December, but one that is built on the netcode and backbone that the full game will be based on instead of the default cryengine netcode. This module will give them much better testing data than the version they would have put out in December, and helps them move ahead in their timeline for other aspects of the game.

Now, if they push back the DFM another six months you'll have a good point. I wouldn't count out a week to a month delay, depending on what kind of problems they run into trying to get the damn thing out the door, but I doubt it goes longer than that.

Deleted
    SC - space-sim.
    EVE - spreadsheets, calculus and scamming people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    SC - space-sim.
    EVE - spreadsheets, calculus and scamming people.
    cus in real space there are magical rules and police keeping you from scamming people? And no math is every required in real space at all huh.

From what little I've seen, it seems like you latched on to the delay of the dog fighting module and on the basis that it was delayed about 6 months (a not very significant delay in the life cycle of a game this ambitious) started touting SC as vaporware, a scam, etc. I could fully understand that type of reaction if the game had been in full development longer, like 4-5 years, but it's still relatively young with a little over two years active development. And it's not like the dog fighting module was delayed because they couldn't get it done. We're not getting the same module we would have gotten back in December, but one that is built on the netcode and backbone that the full game will be based on instead of the default cryengine netcode. This module will give them much better testing data than the version they would have put out in December, and helps them move ahead in their timeline for other aspects of the game.

Now, if they push back the DFM another six months you'll have a good point. I wouldn't count out a week to a month delay, depending on what kind of problems they run into trying to get the damn thing out the door, but I doubt it goes longer than that.
    I still dont think its going to ammount to anything close to what the devs claimed it will. If it releases its going to have all this hype along with making more donation goals leading up to release then its going to be a massive dissapointment. but thats just how i think its going to roll out.

Deleted
    Funny story. I played EVE for like a week before I realized I have a life. Was in this small guild that I got an invite out of nowhere. I came back to EVE a couple of months later to give it another shot. I was no longer in a player guild and my mailbox was filled with letters from someone. Apparently my small guild had merged with a big one while I was gone. The letters were about assigning some guy to be mentored by me (really not the best person, as I had just started too). Then some letters about some rules of engagement with other enemy guilds, Then some annoucements. Then I was told I was kicked. And they were all written in like executive language like it was a real fucking company not a video game, it was hilarious to read them. Dem nerds...

So at what point did all of this "I just hate what SC is doing" translate into talking shit to people and the "I can't believe people are dumb enough to pay for this" posts?

You can hate something, or dislike it or whatever, without being a cock about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we will probably find out the 46million reward on Friday at this rate.... I wonder how high it will end up going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    Funny story. I played EVE for like a week before I realized I have a life. Was in this small guild that I got an invite out of nowhere. I came back to EVE a couple of months later to give it another shot. I was no longer in a player guild and my mailbox was filled with letters from someone. Apparently my small guild had merged with a big one while I was gone. The letters were about assigning some guy to be mentored by me (really not the best person, as I had just started too). Then some letters about some rules of engagement with other enemy guilds, Then some annoucements. Then I was told I was kicked. And they were all written in like executive language like it was a real fucking company not a video game, it was hilarious to read them. Dem nerds...
    So basically your mad you didnt follow the rules and got kicked out of your corp becuase it was to nerdy of a game for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically your mad you didnt follow the rules and got kicked out of your corp becuase it was to nerdy of a game for you?
    He didn't seem mad.... he was just pointing out that people in that game take themselves way to seriously. And he is right.... though it will be interesting to see how Goon Squad does in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How does funny story = mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    He didn't seem mad.... he was just pointing out that people in that game take themselves way to seriously. And he is right.... though it will be interesting to see how Goon Squad does in the game.
    To see? Are they new or somthing cus as far as i know theyv been around for awhile. How is it bad people take a game to serious? i dont get this. This is one of the few games where when you recruit someone you need to do more than read thier nice app. espianoge is real in this game. One person breaking a rule has led to war that have razed regions. Dont join a serious game or corp then get butthurt when it is "to serious" . You people want a space sim without all the serious stuff like math and spreadsheets and scamming. which pretty much just makes it a casual space sim. Since your picking out the things you dont like about space.

10+ Year Old Account
    cus in real space there are magical rules and police keeping you from scamming people? And no math is every required in real space at all .
    SC was never meant to be a simulator for space travel in the way that you would need to deal with orbital trajectories, transfer windows and delta V. Its a space arcade game more so than a simulator even if it employs newtonian physics to a certain degree.

Deleted
    Mad? No, more like amused.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    SC was never meant to be a simulator for space travel in the way that you would need to deal with orbital trajectories, transfer windows and delta V. Its a space arcade game more so than a simulator even if it employs newtonian physics to a certain degree.
    So its not a space sim just more of a first person space game. More theorys here are being debunked.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its not a space sim just more of a first person space game. More theorys here are being debunked.
    The genres games like freelancer and wing commander is in are called space simulators, but they are not actual space travel simulators.

A game that employs a more realistic version of these things would be kerbal space program, which is essentially NASA by trial and error featuring all of the things mentioned above once you leave Kerbin orbit.

Deleted
    Yep, it's alot like WoW - you play as a human, you can interract with other human players and npcs in space stations and stuff, but you can also use space ships - either solo like fighters or in a team like a capital ship.

You aren't just a space ship, like in most space-sims.

What are we debunking exactly?