1. #8261
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    your the one being idiotic, you complain about spending money on a ship but its just the same as spending money on a subscription and expansions for the past 10-14 years, you can spend a few hundred dollars on a ship and whatever expansions will come alone and never need to spend anywhere near what you have spent in wow, there is only a small number of people even spending that money on 1 ship.
    A. I'm not complaining
    B. Your subscription comparison has already been nullified, repeating it only makes you seem so much sillier than you already are.

    Keep defending it, buddy.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  2. #8262
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    A. I'm not complaining
    B. Your subscription comparison has already been nullified, repeating it only makes you seem so much sillier than you already are.

    Keep defending it, buddy.
    how is a subsciption comparion been nulified, your spending money just to access the game, you can buy the basic package on SC and play for 10 years and not spend anymore bar possible expansions, but if your paying a sub your paying for access and buying expansions so your spending thousands in that sub game in comparison to a few hundred at most on SC.

    People choose to spend money how they like, and if SC didnt sell these ships the game would not be made period.

    Question you need to ask yourself is do you want to play star citizen when its complete.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  3. #8263
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    how is a subsciption comparion been nulified, your spending money just to access the game, you can buy the basic package on SC and play for 10 years and not spend anymore bar possible expansions, but if your paying a sub your paying for access and buying expansions so your spending thousands in that sub game in comparison to a few hundred at most on SC.

    People choose to spend money how they like, and if SC didnt sell these ships the game would not be made period.

    Question you need to ask yourself is do you want to play star citizen when its complete.
    Because $900 buys you almost 6 years worth of game time. In a game that's finished and has an overwhelming amount of content which is expanded every couple of months.

    The comparison is utterly idiotic and I'm not the first person who's brought this to your attention.

    You don't need to keep regurgitating your same, ill-placed argument; yes, people spend money however they like. No one is denying that, nor is anyone saying they shouldn't.

    As for your question: That depends; what will it have to offer? I'm not seeing anything compelling at this moment and how long has this game been in production again?
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  4. #8264
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Because $900 buys you almost 6 years worth of game time. In a game that's finished and has an overwhelming amount of content which is expanded every couple of months.

    The comparison is utterly idiotic and I'm not the first person who's brought this to your attention.

    You don't need to keep regurgitating your same, ill-placed argument; yes, people spend money however they like. No one is denying that, nor is anyone saying they shouldn't.

    As for your question: That depends; what will it have to offer? I'm not seeing anything compelling at this moment and how long has this game been in production again?
    How is spending 2k plus on one game idiotic and even if you were spending the same SC any different, as long as you get an appropriate amount of gametime out of it the end result is the same, doesnt matter is SC is still in active development.

    In SC at least that money buys you something useful ingame and not primarily access.

    SC main income is from ship sales, do you really think cosmetics alone could make SC and no other game companies are even trying anything similar, you may love or hate SC but its taking a step forward in gaming and pushing those limits, and in terms of development its not been that long considering the size of the project.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-04 at 09:07 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #8265
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    How is spending 2k plus on one game idiotic
    No idea what you're referring to here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and even if you were spending the same SC any different
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    as long as you get an appropriate amount of gametime out of it the end result is the same, doesnt matter is SC is still in active development.
    If you're getting an "appropriate amount of gametime" worth $900 out of SC's current state, you have extremely low standards.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    In SC at least that money buys you something useful ingame and not primarily access.
    Lord have mercy.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ...in terms of development its not been that long considering the size of the project.
    Buddy, it's quite obvious you can't look at the subject at hand through objective eyes.

    We don't agree, we never will. You find a $900 bunch of pixels plausible, I think you should have your sanity thoroughly checked.

    The end; no need for further discussion.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  6. #8266
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    No idea what you're referring to here.

    What?

    If you're getting an "appropriate amount of gametime" worth $900 out of SC's current state, you have extremely low standards.


    Lord have mercy.


    Buddy, it's quite obvious you can't look at the subject at hand through objective eyes.

    We don't agree, we never will. You find a $900 bunch of pixels plausible, I think you should have your sanity thoroughly checked.

    The end; no need for further discussion.
    10 years playtime plus all expansion only buying basic no collectors or anything is pretty much 2 thousand dollars with collectors editions your spending at least 400 plus more and thats not even counting store stuff or realm transfers or anything.

    Would you consider getting 900 hours of gameplay for 900 bucks low standards, for the few hundred bucks on D3 i got over 1000 hours so SC can easily get more than that.

    Would you rather have a sparkly mount for your money or something a little more usefull.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Your argument kind of boils down into:

    “Paying a small monthly fee to play a video game for a decade is as dumb as paying that entire decade worth of fees to acquire an in-game item in other game that you already paid for so you don’t have to play it to get it.”

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Also, “at least spending money on X game grants you advantage” it’s not something that most people who play video games want to hear about, you are not making it sound any better =/

    ... and don’t get me wrong, I agree, that they wouldn’t be racking that this kind of cash if it wasn’t for it, but it also makes you previous statement about “milking” people for money even more funny.
    at the end of the day your spending money on entertainment, having a bigger ships isnt neccesarily going to be any advatange especially in the start, higher running costs needing more crew and longer wait times to get another one when it gets blown up, just as many disadvantages than advantages.

    Blizz milk because they can not because they need to, certain services should be free at least once every few months like server transfers and such, and reskinned mounts which cant be earnt ingame, SC milking will mainly be what keeps the game running after launch are getting sufficiant rewards for thier money so far.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-05 at 12:11 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  7. #8267
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It’s not, you are paying 2,000$ to get a reward without having to play the game, you are not paying for entertainment, you are paying to deny yourself from it, it’s why comparing it to a P2P video game monthly fee is just silly, if you really want to use WoW as an example, instead of the fee’s just bring up the character boosters instead, while they are nowhere near as expensive as a many of SC space-ships, at least the principle is still the same.

    Also, running costs? A bigger crew? Dude, you can purchase in-game credits, you can cover those expenses by throwing even more cash at them, and if you don’t have friends to pilot the fucking thing with, you can just use those credits to hire an NPC crew as well, so I really don’t get your point.



    That’s utter bullshit, you can acquire everything in WoW trough just farming gold, including your monthly fee, if you want those re-skinned mounts you are talking about, just farm gold, buy a token from the auction house, convert it into b.net balance and buy it, that’s it.

    Also CiG didn’t had to work on multiple big ass games at the same time, that was their own choice, just as the way they continually keep increasing the scope of the fucking thing, it wasn’t a necessity, it just happens that their community is willing to do it, thus they take advantage of it, just like most other companies out there would.
    There is going to be a limit on npcs you can hire so no you cant just fully crew any ship you want, there are over 100 ships and play different roles so you have plenty ships to earn in game and ovetime there will be even more ships, purchase of ingame credits wont really matter at all once you start earning them ingame, plus to even buy 1 million credits that will cost you 1200 bucks so most people are not going to buy credits in the first place.

    You cant earn everything just by farming ingame gold, if your a mount or pet collector you have to spend real money buying the store mounts also, and token time isnt free either as someone has to pay pretty much double a sub price for it.

    There was always going to be a single player campaign and an MMO from the origional kickstarter it just wasnt as big as it is now, if they didnt increase the scope of the game it would just be another run of the mill game like ED with a little more depth, i would rather wait longer for something more instead of getting less of a game than everyone wants.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  8. #8268
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    10 years playtime plus all expansion only buying basic no collectors or anything is pretty much 2 thousand dollars with collectors editions your spending at least 400 plus more and thats not even counting store stuff or realm transfers or anything.

    Would you consider getting 900 hours of gameplay for 900 bucks low standards, for the few hundred bucks on D3 i got over 1000 hours so SC can easily get more than that.

    Would you rather have a sparkly mount for your money or something a little more usefull.



    at the end of the day your spending money on entertainment, having a bigger ships isnt neccesarily going to be any advatange especially in the start, higher running costs needing more crew and longer wait times to get another one when it gets blown up, just as many disadvantages than advantages.

    Blizz milk because they can not because they need to, certain services should be free at least once every few months like server transfers and such, and reskinned mounts which cant be earnt ingame, SC milking will mainly be what keeps the game running after launch are getting sufficiant rewards for thier money so far.
    First of all, I kindly ask you to mind your English; it's become quite difficult to understand what message you're attempting to convey because you stopped caring about writing properly.

    You're blinded by sunk-cost, buddy. Your arguments aren't even weak, they're utterly invalid. You claim that paying an inordinate amount of money to buy one ship in an incomplete game you already paid for, is as valuable as a decade worth of play time.

    Game subscription: You pay a monthly fee to play a game you enjoy.
    Expensive ship: You pay an inordinate amount of money to buy a ship you could've earned by playing the game. Ergo, you paid real money to buy a game, only to pay more real money to avoid playing the game.

    Do we really need to point out how utterly flawed your point of view is?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-09-05 at 08:02 AM.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  9. #8269
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    First of all, I kindly ask you to mind your English; it's become quite difficult to understand what message you're attempting to convey because you stopped caring about writing properly.

    You're blinded by sunk-cost, buddy. Your arguments aren't even weak, they're utterly invalid. You claim that paying an inordinate amount of money to buy one ship in an incomplete game you already paid for, is as valuable as a decade worth of play time.

    Game subscription: You pay a monthly fee to play a game you enjoy.
    Expensive ship: You pay an inordinate amount of money to buy a ship you could've earned by playing the game. Ergo, you paid real money to buy a game, only to pay more real money to avoid playing the game.

    Do we really need to point out how utterly flawed your point of view is?
    Why is it ok to spend thousands on WoW when all you get is the same content redone every expansion but it's not ok to buy a ship that supports game development, while at the same time giving that player something as a reward?

    Both games can give that player as much entertainment value as they want, but your not ok with players supporting active development in larger sums of money. The endgame in SC is what you want it to be and having a ship or two is only going to speed things up slightly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yes, I'm sure people who spend 2,000$ on a single space ship will have a big issue dropping an extra 1,000$ to start from the get go with 1 million credits.

    Also, it doesn't really matter if there is a limit on NPCs or not, it's like finding people to group up for this sort of shit is somewhat hard in the first place, you have big ass groups of people already organizing guilds/clans/companies/whatever for years now....



    You are aware how free shit works right? If you go walking down the street and someone walks up to you and just gives you a cookie, you just got a free cookie, and guess what, he probably also paid for it! But YOU still got it for FREE because you didn't had to pay for it yourself, believe it or not, but lots of free shit doesn't just materialize out of thin air, someone actually else puts money, effort and/or time for it.

    In WoW you are basically trading gold for b.net balance with others players, that's what tokens are, it allows one player to buy gold from other players, and those others get access to any cash item/service just by farming that in-game gold, while I can't really say I fully agree with this sort of shit, I can't deny that it does solve multiple problems.




    .... are you even reading what I'm writing or...?

    Who was the choice of making the single-player campaign and the MMO at the same time?
    The playerbase who have spent more than 1k on a ship is going to be rather small, so players with extra money can if they wish waste money how they like, just like players in WoW can buy gold to buy current raid mounts and achievments.

    Star Citizens endgame goal is whatever you want it to be.

    Having a big fancy ship may even make things harder for you since your going to be more of a target for pirates and such.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-05 at 06:08 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  10. #8270
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Why is it ok to spend thousands on WoW when all you get is the same content redone every expansion but it's not ok to buy a ship that supports game development, while at the same time giving that player something as a reward?
    Because one game has been providing content for 15 years and the other isn't even released as a full game yet. Also 15 dollars spread month to month is a lot more palatable to people than overpaying for a freaking space ship. Give me a damn break. I love how you also bash wow for redone content, at least they have a released game to rehash content unlike the black hole that is Star Citizen with how many years of development and no end in sight for the game being actually released as a full game?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Both games can give that player as much entertainment value as they want, but your not ok with players supporting active development in larger sums of money. The endgame in SC is what you want it to be and having a ship or two is only going to speed things up slightly.
    Hey if you are fine with funding incompetence and delays then back SC. I'd rather play an established game with a track record.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The endgame in SC is what you want it to be and having a ship or two is only going to speed things up slightly.
    And how far away is this 'endgame'? 7 years? Don't talk about an end game. Worry about having a full game first..

  11. #8271
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I got to love how you ignore every time you are proven wrong, to just keep regurgitating the same sort of crap… dude, no one, fucking no one, is arguing here that people can’t waste their money however they please, it was even fucking stated so multiple times just through the last couple of pages.

    Also, NO, you CANNOT buy achievements nor loot, we have been over that shit before, paying for a group of people to boost you trough content to hopefully get what you want isn’t the same as “buying it”, you are talking about items with 1% drop-chance in places that you can clear once per week, good fucking luck “buying” those mounts.



    Okay… ahh… good for you…. And your point is?



    Oh makes sense, I’m sure exactly that’s the reason why they charge me thousands of dollars for the bloody thing, it just to make my life ”harder"….
    how have i been proven wrong once and you can buy whatever you want with gold, people buy current 100% drop end boss raid mounts and just afk/die in a corner somewhere, you can buy anything available ingame with gold in WoW and dont have to do anything to get it.

    Large expensive ship means higher value target, starter ships almost a pointless target, a true pirate will go after profit and couldnt care less about killing, while you may be able to defend yourself better your not always going to win against a coordinated attack, stealing expensive ships will also be a highly profitable job, that expensive ship is not going to somehow make you a god that noone can defeat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Because one game has been providing content for 15 years and the other isn't even released as a full game yet. Also 15 dollars spread month to month is a lot more palatable to people than overpaying for a freaking space ship. Give me a damn break. I love how you also bash wow for redone content, at least they have a released game to rehash content unlike the black hole that is Star Citizen with how many years of development and no end in sight for the game being actually released as a full game?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hey if you are fine with funding incompetence and delays then back SC. I'd rather play an established game with a track record.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And how far away is this 'endgame'? 7 years? Don't talk about an end game. Worry about having a full game first..
    and you still prove that you don't have any idea what you are talking about, its easy to talk about incompetence when your not the one developing a game never been done before, 8 years is still a more than reasonable time in development for a game on the scale of Star Citizen, yet again you come to bump up your post count and provide nothing constructive.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-05 at 10:02 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  12. #8272
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,684
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    First of all, I kindly ask you to mind your English; it's become quite difficult to understand what message you're attempting to convey because you stopped caring about writing properly.

    You're blinded by sunk-cost, buddy. Your arguments aren't even weak, they're utterly invalid. You claim that paying an inordinate amount of money to buy one ship in an incomplete game you already paid for, is as valuable as a decade worth of play time.

    Game subscription: You pay a monthly fee to play a game you enjoy.
    Expensive ship: You pay an inordinate amount of money to buy a ship you could've earned by playing the game. Ergo, you paid real money to buy a game, only to pay more real money to avoid playing the game.

    Do we really need to point out how utterly flawed your point of view is?
    It's pay to access content, for sure. Which is such a stupid way to do it. Even if it is expensive to operate and you won't be able to use it, since RSI has made it clear that they aren't dumping credits that people have paid for and earned when the game goes from alpha/beta into full release so by the time that happens, players could have racked up tons of cash to pay for those big ships right out of the gate. I think that's the biggest failure in the sunk cost fallacy, it wouldn't be a problem if the game starts at absolute zero for every player in Star Citizen, but it's clear that is not what RSI is going to do.

  13. #8273
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The fact that your cherry pick posts and even completely ignores others are a great indication of it.

    Alas, I’ll repeat it, you are not buying the mount, you are paying people to boost your trough content that you can do once a week, in hopes of getting a silly mount with a 1% drop chance.

    You can spend months and even years paying for those boosts without ever getting shit out of it, also, you can’t really AFK, you still need to follow the group and be present in each boss fight to get the loot, even if you are being a useless fucking potato, you still need to go through the content one way or another.

    Don’t get me wrong, there is a lot that WoW deserves to be criticized for, but this shit is just ridiculous.



    … and we went from “at least you get something useful from the cash you throw at it!”, into “… but throwing cash at it just turns your game experience into a fucking living hell!” just like that… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Sort of like… “Star Citizen isn’t like any other video game!”….. “but but but WoW also…!”

    Just make up your mind mate.

    Also, I’m not saying it makes you a “god”, I’m saying it gives you advantage over players that don’t spend that sort of cash in it, twisting and exaggerating stuff won’t get you any points here, also, if what you are saying is remotely true, than what’s the point of grinding in-game for those space-ship? Why are they being sold with price-tags of thousands of dollars?



    If I go to a dentist with a toothache and leave with extra fucking teeth, I don't need to go become a fucking dentist myself to say that that the fucking dentist was an incompetent little fuck, do I?

    (Fucking hell, that was a pretty shitty example, but I hope you get the gist of it)
    you do realise that the current raid mounts from last boss mythic kills are 100% and can be traded, and if your getting boosted then being dead/afk is not actually doing the content.

    Im giving a scenario on where having that ship can be a disadvantage, if you stay in safe space then chance of pirates should be low but it shouldnt really matter what ship your flying most of the time.

    Ships take resources and time to make, the more complex the ship the more expensive it is, main reason to sell ships at certain prices is so that not everyone will buy one, not to mention it probably costs thousands in real money for a ship to be completed, most of the time someone having a certain ship is going to have no impact on your expereince at all.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  14. #8274
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and you still prove that you don't have any idea what you are talking about, its easy to talk about incompetence when your not the one developing a game never been done before, 8 years is still a more than reasonable time in development for a game on the scale of Star Citizen, yet again you come to bump up your post count and provide nothing constructive.
    Good lord you sound more and more like those ToA shills every day. Of course you ignore all of the points I made to make a personal attack. The fact is SC has had a ton of money given to them and has taken many years and not delivered a fully playable game, just parts of one. No one gives a flying fuck if this game has 'never been done before'. Those are buzzwords, they mean nothing. They said they would make X game with X money in X time and have failed all over the place. You can keep giving them money, but to think it is comparable to something like WoW which delivers a playable game year after year is fucking insane.

  15. #8275
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    your the one being idiotic, you complain about spending money on a ship but its just the same as spending money on a subscription and expansions for the past 10-14 years
    Saying "I'm still having fun in this game, I guess I'll pay another $15. Oh hey look it's been 10 years now!" is vastly different to "I've spent $1000 now, hopefully I'll like the game when it comes out and play it for 10 years".

  16. #8276
    Game has been playable since 2014 and getting updates ever since, maybe some gamers realy like what they've been playing and the general direction the game is going and have spare money to spare on something they realy like. Maybe knowing your helping the game get made is part of the fun, maybe they really like sci-fi and walking inside and around pretty space ships, maybe they think they are buying power. Who knows... Anyone trying to put himself in a position to judge is only trying with their own struggle of the "why".

    Just because you dont understand it or agree with it doesnt make it wrong.

    Im in for 250$ since I backed with a starter package (about 35$) before ther was anything yo play at all. As they showed more of the game updates I liked what I saw and gave them a bit more$ here and there as an apreciation while getting a ship better suitable to my playstyle to go along.

  17. #8277
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,130
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    First of all, I kindly ask you to mind your English; it's become quite difficult to understand what message you're attempting to convey because you stopped caring about writing properly.

    You're blinded by sunk-cost, buddy. Your arguments aren't even weak, they're utterly invalid. You claim that paying an inordinate amount of money to buy one ship in an incomplete game you already paid for, is as valuable as a decade worth of play time.

    Game subscription: You pay a monthly fee to play a game you enjoy.
    Expensive ship: You pay an inordinate amount of money to buy a ship you could've earned by playing the game. Ergo, you paid real money to buy a game, only to pay more real money to avoid playing the game.

    Do we really need to point out how utterly flawed your point of view is?
    To be fair, what you consider an "inordinate" amount of money isn't considered that by all People. So whilst you think spending that much is a "flawed" point of view, To some People with disposable income just outright buying something they know they will enjoy isn't flawed at all.

  18. #8278
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    https://www.warcraftmounts.com/loot....ngeonbossdrops
    https://www.warcraftmounts.com/patch...ngeonbossdrops

    Yawn* Oh shit, what’s this? “low-chance drops from Boss NPCs in dungeons” in 8.2? Nani!?!

    Yes dude, I do realize that you have guaranteed mount rewards, usually from clearing a list of difficult achievements, I also realize that these are really specific examples that you are aiming for in order to justify a price tag of thousands of dollars for in-game items sold in a cash-shop granting a fair amount of advantage over other players.

    Also, that’s why my exact words were “going through the content.”, if we jump in Star Citizen and you just baby sit me through a bunch of missions while I just follow you around from afar, I’m still going through the content, I may not be clearing it myself, but I’m still playing the damn game to a certain degree…

    By your own sort of logic, any sort of pay 2 win elements in any video game should be okay, games like League of Legends should just sell you ranks, I mean, you can just get someone to boost you anyway, World of Warcraft should just sell you full high tier PvE/PvP sets, people can boost you anyway…. I mean, where do you exactly draw the line on this? Is on the title of the game? It’s just okay if it’s Star Citizen?



    Yeah…large organized groups, with big fat credit cards and the ability to buy in-game credits without much of a limit to it… in an open-PvP based game, yeah dude… you almost convinced me this time around.
    Why are you even talking about crap dungeon mounts when everyone has access to that with little or no skill required, i said raid mounts primarily mythic raid mounts and acheivements which the average player will only have access to 1-2 expansions down the line, main point is you can throw money at WoW also and get stuff that other players may never even get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Saying "I'm still having fun in this game, I guess I'll pay another $15. Oh hey look it's been 10 years now!" is vastly different to "I've spent $1000 now, hopefully I'll like the game when it comes out and play it for 10 years".
    you can currently play the game now and earn the available ships in game so you can have as much fun as you want, its not any different as you have still spent thousands on WoW. Say that 1000 is the only purchase you ever make in SC and play it for 10 years which would be considered well worth the money spent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Good lord you sound more and more like those ToA shills every day. Of course you ignore all of the points I made to make a personal attack. The fact is SC has had a ton of money given to them and has taken many years and not delivered a fully playable game, just parts of one. No one gives a flying fuck if this game has 'never been done before'. Those are buzzwords, they mean nothing. They said they would make X game with X money in X time and have failed all over the place. You can keep giving them money, but to think it is comparable to something like WoW which delivers a playable game year after year is fucking insane.
    All you do is come in here and hate on every aspect of the game and can't see what the game is even developing into, the game was changed at the kickstarter so origional release dates very irrelevant back in 2012, the game was probably going to be similar to freelancer with ship interiors and planets but have grown multiple times over.

    We can clearly see how development is coming along and development time is more than suitable for a game of this scale, traditional sandbox games take 4-5 years with around 1000 staff to create and you expect SC to do it the same with half the staff and still have to develop the technology for the game.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-06 at 03:25 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  19. #8279
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All you do is come in here and hate on every aspect of the game and can't see what the game is even developing into, the game was changed at the kickstarter so origional release dates very irrelevant back in 2012, the game was probably going to be similar to freelancer with ship interiors and planets but have grown multiple times over.

    We can clearly see how development is coming along and development time is more than suitable for a game of this scale, traditional sandbox games take 4-5 years with around 1000 staff to create and you expect SC to do it the same with half the staff and still have to develop the technology for the game.
    You can handwave the "original release dates" all you like but the fact is the game has been in development for what, 7 years now? Hell let's be generous and say they didn't "start" until 2014, that's still 5 years. They have blew past 'release dates' and are getting into the territory of some of the longest game developments without a completed release.

    Remember this graphic? https://imgur.com/a/Q6zK29k

    That was posted back in 2015. Fun fact, it is now 2019 and when exactly is this game fully releasing? You don't know do you. 2021? They wish. 2022? When does it come out?

  20. #8280
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Why am I even talking about “crap dungeon mounts”? Are you fucking serious? Because that was your fucking comparison, a utterly shitty one, but yours nonetheless, you were the one who brought them up… holy fuck you are utterly lost on your own crap at this point… and if it’s there is little to no skill required to get them, why would people supposedly even be paying for them?

    Your main points boil down to this:

    [WoW]

    - Paying others players (cash) for in-game stuff is against the ToS.
    - Gold buying (even if arguably shitty) is limited by the token system.
    - Paying for boost doesn’t guarantee you the loot you want.
    - You are limited to one single run per week by the lockout system.
    - Being boosted still means you need to go through the content, even if you are not helping, you still need to be present in the run, sort of why it’s called a boost.

    (This actually means you can spent months "afking" in raids you paid for, to get fucking nothing at all out of it)

    Equals to: Opening a tab, typing the credit card numbers, fulfilling a 2,000$ payment, and getting exactly the “loot” you want.

    By this sort of logic, any “pay-2-win” elements in any video game are okay, because you can “get stuff by throwing cash at it” in every other video game out there one way or another, yet for some reason, I doubt that you are attempting to justify it in any other video game out there besides Star Citizen.
    Im talking about something actually relevant of which is Mythic raid boosts/achievements/End raid boss mounts, your the one mentioning dungeons of which noone pays to get boosted in.

    Its not perfect but at least that money you pay for in SC gives you something useful, the ship is a reward for supporting the game in active development, as noone is going to donate a reasonable size of money for something purely cosmetic.

    The game is much more complex than GTA5 and thats a 200 million dollar game that had 1000 staff and 5 years to be made with a fully established studio and relevant tech already existing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You can handwave the "original release dates" all you like but the fact is the game has been in development for what, 7 years now? Hell let's be generous and say they didn't "start" until 2014, that's still 5 years. They have blew past 'release dates' and are getting into the territory of some of the longest game developments without a completed release.

    Remember this graphic? https://imgur.com/a/Q6zK29k

    That was posted back in 2015. Fun fact, it is now 2019 and when exactly is this game fully releasing? You don't know do you. 2021? They wish. 2022? When does it come out?
    It seems you dont understand anything about development, they have had an income of 20-30 million a year to completely build up a company from nothing along with building suitable tech to make the game work and you expect it to be made in less than 5-6 years.

    They have also had a playable version of the game since 2014 and released everything they said they were going to do, and what relevance does a development graphic hold at all.

    If you hate SC that much why are you wasting your time here anyway apart from bringing up the same irrelevant stuff over and over.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-06 at 08:33 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •