Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Anyone else having texture problems with the ships in their hangars recently? I just updated to the latest Nvidia beta driver and patched the game, both my ships now go all blurry when I look at them.
    That's just the way Cryengine loads textures - it pulls out everything at 16x16, then starts beefing them up very quickly. If their stuck at a low res, then something broke. Check the recent patch notes thread.

Edit: Excuse me, forgot that SC is cryengine, NOT unreal. Something definitely broke. Check the patch notes and forums for troubleshooting.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/banditloaf (Ben Lesnick, community manager at CIG)

Soon™

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    That's just the way Cryengine loads textures - it pulls out everything at 16x16, then starts beefing them up very quickly. If their stuck at a low res, then something broke. Check the recent patch notes thread.

Edit: Excuse me, forgot that SC is cryengine, NOT unreal. Something definitely broke. Check the patch notes and forums for troubleshooting.
    I found the issue on the forums and fixed it. Just had to delete the User folder. Things run amazingly well on my new R9 290

Looks like Arena Commander Version 0.8 is a go. It's getting uploaded to the cloud servers right now and will be available later on tonight (or later this morning for the grand majority of people)....

The go/no-go meeting has happened and the word is GO! Arena Commander V0.8 is currently being uploaded to our server partners. If all goes according to plan, the module should be available to play later tonight! There’s no need to keep reloading your Star Citizen Launcher: we will post here as soon as the download is available.

In the meantime, we’ve put together a quick gallery of what we call “body horror” screenshots collected by the team in Santa Monica over the past several months. These show off some of the more bizarre bugs we’ve run into during the game’s development. We expect you’ll find a lot more once you start helping us test Arena Commander… but hopefully these have all been eliminated!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...r-Build-Update

EDIT - It's downloading now through the launcher. It is a 10.5 GB download.

And here's the trailer for Arena Commander V0.8...

And a letter from Chris Roberts about the launch...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...ander-Launched
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-06-04 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Looks like Arena Commander Version 0.8 is a go. It's getting uploaded to the cloud servers right now and will be available later on tonight (or later this morning for the grand majority of people)....

The go/no-go meeting has happened and the word is GO! Arena Commander V0.8 is currently being uploaded to our server partners. If all goes according to plan, the module should be available to play later tonight! There’s no need to keep reloading your Star Citizen Launcher: we will post here as soon as the download is available.

In the meantime, we’ve put together a quick gallery of what we call “body horror” screenshots collected by the team in Santa Monica over the past several months. These show off some of the more bizarre bugs we’ve run into during the game’s development. We expect you’ll find a lot more once you start helping us test Arena Commander… but hopefully these have all been eliminated!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...r-Build-Update

EDIT - It's downloading now through the launcher. It is a 10.5 GB download.

And here's the trailer for Arena Commander V0.8...

meh at the atmorpheric combat in space... Looks decent for small scale dogfighting but thats going to be a nightmare lagfest in large scale fights. So we shall see how they combat that or if they cap battles becuase as it was the trailer looked laggy. Also all i could think about is how it would be neat if the astroids they are fighting near actually curved the bullets like they would irl, would make for amazing strats when fighting in an astroid belt or field, having to ballance between constantly moving rocks that could smash into you at any moment and the added protection of thier gravity effecting ordnance fired at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Large download for a 10/1 connection for me but this is gonna be very interesting. I kind of hope this shuts up those people going around claiming it to be a scam as well.

Also here's the Arena Commander Pilots Guild posted on the site. Nice light reading while waiting for the download (though I'll probably go to bed soon).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...Guide-V0-8.pdf

Deleted
    I have a strong feeling that the game will be extremely complicated to play, like EVE except the interface and spreadsheets will all be ship statistics and various controls. I have already saw the game allows you control things that are normally left out in space-sims.

Hoping the game won't require a space flight academy diploma to play good.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Lockdown View Post
    I have a strong feeling that the game will be extremely complicated to play, like EVE except the interface and spreadsheets will all be ship statistics and various controls. I have already saw the game allows you control things that are normally left out in space-sims.

God forbid people have to think when playing a game. The more complicated the more the idiots and casuals get weeded out imo.

From what I gather, it plays almost exactly like a first person modern Freelancer, so it shouldhave depth but not be complicated . And CR wouldn't over complicate it.

Deleted

If I were making the game I would have "full simulation" servers where everything that should be controlled manually by the pilot is controlled by the player and "arcade servers" with a simplified control scheme with various assists. In this way both the super hardcore "I'm better then NASA astronauts" guy and the average Joe who want to shoot things in space would be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can play WoW with 20+ keybinds and knowing tactics in either PvE or PvP, I guess this shouldn't be that much harder imho. Obviously both games are different but memorizing space craft controls and UI functions shouldn't be too hard.

Playing on very high with minimum of 40 fps, average about 45-50 and max 55-60.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2014-06-04 at 03:54 PM.
    -K

LOL! Trying to download the new update, got put into a waiting line. Average Wait Time Until Download Starts: 3 Hours. Haha, truly didn't expect that much activity for an early-alpha test of only a single portion of a game!

UPDATE: Finally, got it to start patching. OMG! Can't wait to try out the first build!
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2014-06-05 at 12:03 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The patch took me about 4 hours to download and install, I am about to launch

Damn it laws of computing! PATCH FASTER I SAY!!! FASTER!!!

Chris Roberts with a thank you letter for the successful launch of the Arena Commander Pre-Alpha. Here's a snippet about the launch.

For now, we’re extremely happy that Citizens everywhere are getting into space. To share a little data about Arena Commander’s launch:. As of 1 PM PST (about twelve hours after launch), 33,813 people have successfully played an Arena Commander match! We’ve served 820 TB of data, which means that in half a day we put out more data than we did in August, September, October and November of last year combined! And that’s all WITHOUT crashing anything!

I've been playing it on Low settings on my i7 920 and GTX 660 and it still looks great. Can't wait to upgrade at the end of this year when the Intel X99 platform comes out.

Deleted
    "Origin 300i Cooling System Recall"

tee-hee

http://www.reddit.com/tb/27cdv6

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck 820 TB in half a day? Jesus..no words

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    "Origin 300i Cooling System Recall"

tee-hee

http://www.reddit.com/tb/27cdv6
    Haha I saw that, brilliant!

I got to play some of the single player yesterday, no multiplayer yet , but it was still a lot of fun. The controls are a little but clunky and I don't quite know how to explain it but it feels like the ships are trying to auto correct themselves too much. Because I'm trying to look at an enemy and my ship will just jerk to the side and I will lose my target. A small tip if you are using keyboard+mouse(it might be good with other devices but I have't tried it): press Ctrl+F to lock your reticent to the center of the screen, it makes flying and shooting a whole lot easier. Also, the view of the Aurora is REALLY bad, there are there 2 massive metal bars going down the middle of the screne, and I'm tempted to buy the 300i because it looks incredible through the cockpit view.

Also, funny video(not mine):
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to fly my Avenger in the dogfighting module.