1. #9861
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    LMFAO, thank-you for showing everyone in this thread that first, you do not understand English and second you did not even bother reading and comprehending the source you provided. i literally just repeated what CIG said, just using different words; insurance prevents you from losing your stuff. that's it. when your insurance runs out you don't magically lose your stuff, you just lose "access" to it until your renew your policy. smh. this is how i know, outside of maybe on person who does not like Star Citizen in this thread, detractors never argue in good faith and worse still detractors are wrong almost all of the time, even when things are demonstrable or easily falsifiable. /sigh
    "LMFAO" indeed, apparently, I'm getting told my English comprehension sucks by someone who doesn't know what "forever" fucking means, but hey, instead of sitting there talking shit about my English we could always just discuss this in Portuguese if you would like.

    The way to ensure that your property will not be lost forever when these events happen is through insurance policies for your ships.
    If you don't pay for insurance, you can lose your shit, forever, ya know, for all future time, as in, for always, continually, permanently.

    Blocked until payed for it’s not “forever”, it’s temporary, the antonym of it.

    Thus why I said, you are either wrong about it, or CIG just described it poorly, still you are more than welcome to provide me an official source that goes more in-depth about it, because personally I don’t really care if it’s one or the other, I merely pointed out what’s stated on the FAQ, but considering that instead of that you just decided to gun for my English and give me the old hypocritical speech about “arguing in bad faith”, I’ll just assume that you don’t really have much to show for… but yeah, thank-you for showing everyone in this thread what a pitiful person you are once again.
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  2. #9862
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    +7 years, operating +30 account, using +7 jump freighters at a time, moving valuable cargo across the galaxy, while avoiding PvP the entire time… successfully? Again, I highly doubt that.

    Don’t get me wrong, I agree that if you play smart and carefully you can avoid a lot of it, but completely? Yeah… nha… it’s a matter of time until you find one of those that can and will kill you just for the sake of it, and lots of people just cba with that shit.

    On the bright side, star citizen is planning private servers I believe, it should allow you the solo/friends only sort of gameplay, which is pretty much what I’m personally interested about, love the way ED made it, would love if SC could pull something similar or better than that.
    as far as eve went it was all about not cutting corners. Dont get lazy, dont take somthing for granted, always do your scouting and check, always use intel always be safe. If i needed protection i had the call of all those i moved things for that would help. Doubt all you want but when an entire subset of people just want to mash buttons and pew but dont want to deal with the aids of buying moving building and supplying they will jump to help you to avoid shit they dont want to deal with.

  3. #9863
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    as far as eve went it was all about not cutting corners. Dont get lazy, dont take somthing for granted, always do your scouting and check, always use intel always be safe. If i needed protection i had the call of all those i moved things for that would help. Doubt all you want but when an entire subset of people just want to mash buttons and pew but dont want to deal with the aids of buying moving building and supplying they will jump to help you to avoid shit they dont want to deal with.
    As I said, I don't doubt at all that being careful and smart about it saves you a ton of trouble, I just have a hard time believing you can completely avoid PvP in a open-PvP even playing like that, it’s only a matter of time till you stumble upon someone.

    Even though, it’s still part of the reason why people cba with open-pvp, they don’t want to spend their entire time looking over their shoulder, they just want sit back, chill out, and stick to their own things.
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  4. #9864
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    As I said, I don't doubt at all that being careful and smart about it saves you a ton of trouble, I just have a hard time believing you can completely avoid PvP in a open-PvP even playing like that, it’s only a matter of time till you stumble upon someone.

    Even though, it’s still part of the reason why people cba with open-pvp, they don’t want to spend their entire time looking over their shoulder, they just want sit back, chill out, and stick to their own things.
    Well its possible cus i avoided it. I made myself useful that i wasnt required to pvp in any group i was apart of. And stuck to areas that would allow me to avoid combat and keep my cargo safe. But the reason i gravitated twords that game is because it punished stupid. If your dumb in eve online you lose shit. You lose ISK, you die, you lose your ships. And if you keep being dumb your drummed out of the game because you essentially lose it all. Meaning most people with money and i say most since you can buy currency the same way as in wow, had little more common sense that the average mmoer. I enjoyed the bluntness of the atmosphere of the game, openly calling people on doing dumb shit or being stupid. So many mmos coddle the players that they learn nothing and i dont think it fosters more intelligent play at all. It also shows the true lawlessness of space and how the players make thier own rules for the most part.

  5. #9865
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Well its possible cus i avoided it. I made myself useful that i wasnt required to pvp in any group i was apart of. And stuck to areas that would allow me to avoid combat and keep my cargo safe. But the reason i gravitated twords that game is because it punished stupid. If your dumb in eve online you lose shit. You lose ISK, you die, you lose your ships. And if you keep being dumb your drummed out of the game because you essentially lose it all. Meaning most people with money and i say most since you can buy currency the same way as in wow, had little more common sense that the average mmoer. I enjoyed the bluntness of the atmosphere of the game, openly calling people on doing dumb shit or being stupid. So many mmos coddle the players that they learn nothing and i dont think it fosters more intelligent play at all. It also shows the true lawlessness of space and how the players make thier own rules for the most part.
    Yep, its a dick simulator, we get it.

  6. #9866
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Well its possible cus i avoided it. I made myself useful that i wasnt required to pvp in any group i was apart of. And stuck to areas that would allow me to avoid combat and keep my cargo safe. But the reason i gravitated twords that game is because it punished stupid. If your dumb in eve online you lose shit. You lose ISK, you die, you lose your ships. And if you keep being dumb your drummed out of the game because you essentially lose it all. Meaning most people with money and i say most since you can buy currency the same way as in wow, had little more common sense that the average mmoer. I enjoyed the bluntness of the atmosphere of the game, openly calling people on doing dumb shit or being stupid. So many mmos coddle the players that they learn nothing and i dont think it fosters more intelligent play at all. It also shows the true lawlessness of space and how the players make thier own rules for the most part.
    Yeah, but you need to understand that: “It’s true cuz I did it.” – By random internet person, doesn’t really worth much, especially when we are talking about completely avoiding PvP in an open-PvP game for +7 years of transporting valuable cargo around with multiple accounts, no matter how big brained and careful you may be about it.

    Plus this elitist mumbo jumbo doesn’t really change the original point, even assuming that is indeed 100% possible to avoid PvP in an open-PvP game, a lot of people just cba with going through all the effort for it, many just want to stick to their own business and relax a bit, ya know, different people, different tastes, this “IF YA PLAY 3D CHESS LIKE ME, YA CAN DO IT!” its just pretty pointless, especially when the game is still this "early" in development.
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  7. #9867
    3.9 with Evocati!

    New Apple Store City is pretty dope:


    https://i.imgur.com/MH7Crpi.png
    https://i.imgur.com/nEd78oD.png
    https://i.imgur.com/cX0xl93.png

    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Yes, and how many of those 3 do you think they will complete?
    Lets see then because the ISC video showed them being doubtful about getting all 3 done.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Most likely all of them. They were already in the PTU albeit without the final textures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Lets see then because the ISC video showed them being doubtful about getting all 3 done.
    The 3 Moons are in
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-03-13 at 09:31 PM.

  8. #9868
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    The 3 Moons are in
    Just read that on the sub. Yay for CIG, just a few hundred more to go.

  9. #9869
    i dont have the PLAY button on my launcher. wat do? already restarted it
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

  10. #9870
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i dont have the PLAY button on my launcher. wat do? already restarted it
    Can you take a snip of the launcher and show what you're seeing?

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  11. #9871
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Can you take a snip of the launcher and show what you're seeing?

    https://imgur.com/a/RCHkQAG
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

  12. #9872
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Try restarting the launcher. Not just closing it on your task bar. Right click your task bar and open up the task manager, scroll down the list of processes and close any RSI Launcher processes, then try starting up the launcher again.

    If that doesn't work, do a launcher reset. Open up the RSI launcher and press "CRTL + ALT + SHIFT + R", and click okay. It will set the launcher to its default settings.

    If that doesn't work, then just uninstall the RSI launcher (separate from the actual Star Citizen game). Go to the RSI website and download the launcher again (which will be the latest version and come with fresh settings).

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  13. #9873
    thanks, bro. the second option helped
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

  14. #9874
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,410



    The space whales sound cool.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  15. #9875
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I enjoyed the bluntness of the atmosphere of the game, openly calling people on doing dumb shit or being stupid. So many mmos coddle the players that they learn nothing and i dont think it fosters more intelligent play at all.
    Acting like people aren't constantly bitching each other out in every other game out there, too.

    (Not to mention the idea that it somehow makes people smarter)

  16. #9876
    it happened again. wtf

    never had that issue before. now twice
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

  17. #9877
    Bloodsail Admiral Odeezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The-D
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Carrack doesn't quite feel like the Millenium Falcon/Serenity "home away from home". So far, it has nice content functionality with the garage to hold vehicles and the small landing bay for small ships, but there isn't actually much there to make feel attached to the ship. When you walk down to the mess hall, you can't sit in the chairs at the table. You can't go into the game room and play pool. All crewmembers except the captain share the same bed room, with military style bunkbeds. Not very homely or inviting like how everyone in Serenity lived in their own room. Etc. I guess lighting and materials also play a big part; Serenity felt a lot like a "house", with that dining room with the wooden table and kitchen cabinets and warm lighting, etc. It has potential for sure, though.
    i think they need to do something about the empty space about the ship and soften some of the lights around the ship to make it feel more cozy oh and add more lights as there are many areas that are dark af. maybe add a couch or two, but for me it was close to being a home away from home, just needs some polish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    On a similar note, I'm a little annoyed by CIG's "implement a model or art asset of something, don't program it till later" mentality. They've implemented bars, but you can't actually order anything at the bar. They've implemented restaurants, but you can't walk up to the restaurant and eat something. They implemented arcades, but you can't walk up to the arcade and play a minigame, not even a game as simple as slots. It's just a 2D texture. They have pool tables on ships, but you can't play pool. Etc.
    that's just pre-alpha for you. they will flesh things out as they progress. and if you ask people would they rather get the ship first then the mechanics later or both later, they would choose the ship for sure. it sucks yes, but that's just what is necessary as there are other priorities namely Squadron 42 and other tech dependencies they are waiting on. i mean there are a few web-based games that CIG has made that they could integrate into the Mobi or ship MFDs that would be sick during quantum jumps and ofc at arcades. they have said they are coming, we just have to wait. set your sights on a lot more change and all after Squadron 42 releases so think by end of year 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "LMFAO" indeed, apparently, I'm getting told my English comprehension sucks by someone who doesn't know what "forever" fucking means, but hey, instead of sitting there talking shit about my English we could always just discuss this in Portuguese if you would like.



    If you don't pay for insurance, you can lose your shit, forever, ya know, for all future time, as in, for always, continually, permanently.

    Blocked until payed for it’s not “forever”, it’s temporary, the antonym of it.

    Thus why I said, you are either wrong about it, or CIG just described it poorly, still you are more than welcome to provide me an official source that goes more in-depth about it, because personally I don’t really care if it’s one or the other, I merely pointed out what’s stated on the FAQ, but considering that instead of that you just decided to gun for my English and give me the old hypocritical speech about “arguing in bad faith”, I’ll just assume that you don’t really have much to show for… but yeah, thank-you for showing everyone in this thread what a pitiful person you are once again.
    LMFAO, yes now CIG are wrong for using a common turn of phrase because Myobi doesn't know how to infer meaning as he needs things spelled out for him? smh. why do i even bother, you were wrong in your understanding of the words and phrases and still won't admit that you misunderstood and look to blame anyone else but yourself. typical. it obviously cannot be forever if there is a remedy to counter it. actually never mind, keep thinking whatever the fuck you want to and like i said, thank-you for showing just how much of a bad faith detractor you really are.

    this is so dope. really looking forward to 3.9

    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

    For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

  18. #9878
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    LMFAO, yes now CIG are wrong for using a common turn of phrase because Myobi doesn't know how to infer meaning as he needs things spelled out for him? smh. why do i even bother, you were wrong in your understanding of the words and phrases and still won't admit that you misunderstood and look to blame anyone else but yourself. typical. it obviously cannot be forever if there is a remedy to counter it. actually never mind, keep thinking whatever the fuck you want to and like i said, thank-you for showing just how much of a bad faith detractor you really are.
    The only thing I’m thinking right now is how sad must it be to fall into such level of fanaticism.

    I’ll say it once again, either you are wrong, or CIG expressed themselves poorly.

    In the official FAQ CIG claims that if you want to ensure that your property will not be lost FOREVER, that you need to pay for insurance, while adding NOTHING else of the sorts that you are claiming here, leaving little room for much interpretation at all.

    Forever means forever, it’s NOT just during X time or until you meet Y requirements.

    IF you are correct, then it’s a temporary loss, thus you don’t lose your property forever.

    Thus CIG shouldn’t be claiming otherwise in the official FAQ.

    However, as I see it, it’s also entirely possible that CIG didn’t express themselves poorly in the FAQ, that players can indeed lose their property forever without insurance, that you just happen to be utterly wrong and full of shit… which would sort of explain why in this entire time instead of just backing up your claim with an official source, you are just there chanting the usual worthless mumbo jumbo while trying to get under my skin.

    … now, if you want to have it your way, and be correct without admitting that CIG expressed themselves poorly in their own FAQ, instead of this little silly meltdown you are having here, you just need to back-up your claim with an official source, together with a good justification as for why isn’t that information available on the god damn official FAQ after all these years.
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  19. #9879
    Bloodsail Admiral Odeezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The-D
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The only thing I’m thinking right now is how sad must it be to fall into such level of fanaticism.

    I’ll say it once again, either you are wrong, or CIG expressed themselves poorly.

    In the official FAQ CIG claims that if you want to ensure that your property will not be lost FOREVER, that you need to pay for insurance, while adding NOTHING else of the sorts that you are claiming here, leaving little room for much interpretation at all.

    Forever means forever, it’s NOT just during X time or until you meet Y requirements.

    IF you are correct, then it’s a temporary loss, thus you don’t lose your property forever.

    Thus CIG shouldn’t be claiming otherwise in the official FAQ.

    However, as I see it, it’s also entirely possible that CIG didn’t express themselves poorly in the FAQ, that players can indeed lose their property forever without insurance, that you just happen to be utterly wrong and full of shit… which would sort of explain why in this entire time instead of just backing up your claim with an official source, you are just there chanting the usual worthless mumbo jumbo while trying to get under my skin.

    … now, if you want to have it your way, and be correct without admitting that CIG expressed themselves poorly in their own FAQ, instead of this little silly meltdown you are having here, you just need to back-up your claim with an official source, together with a good justification as for why isn’t that information available on the god damn official FAQ after all these years.
    you literally do not know what a turn of phrase is, but keep looking at it literally and not in context or even with exercising a modicum of understanding. like i keep saying you should have added a third option, either i was wrong, CIG was wrong, or YOU were wrong. and as you have exemplified, you were indeed wrong but are either too proud, dumb or arrogant to acknowledge it. funny how you think you are infallible in your understanding of basic English. haha. oh the lies we tell ourselves.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

    For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

  20. #9880
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    you literally do not know what a turn of phrase is, but keep looking at it literally and not in context or even with exercising a modicum of understanding. like i keep saying you should have added a third option, either i was wrong, CIG was wrong, or YOU were wrong. and as you have exemplified, you were indeed wrong but are either too proud, dumb or arrogant to acknowledge it. funny how you think you are infallible in your understanding of basic English. haha. oh the lies we tell ourselves.
    Or you can do the research yourself and provide links to written sources and maybe attempt to be a useful human being, rather than flailing your arms around and spouting nonsense.


    From the FAQ:
    "What happens if I don’t have insurance?

    Your character will have to buy a new ship with any credits he has, or if he doesn’t have enough credits fly missions for a third party (both NPC and player) until he’s earned enough to buy his own ship again."

    Link to FAQ from 2012:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...FAQ-And-Update

    Link to RSI Support post talking about insurance, from 1 month ago (note that this does not mention non-insured RMT items):
    https://support.robertsspaceindustri...Insurance-FAQs

    However, it is possible that you won't lose items that were purchase with real money:

    "I want to preface this, as it's starting to be run away with. Please know that this is SUBJECT TO CHANGE and based on information from past videos and posts on our website. Please look back through our YouTube and Comm-link pages for past and future information. If something that you own is destroyed, you will need to pay more to have it replaced in the game, but it won't be permanently removed from your account. For items like weapons, shields, etc, we're still working on how insurance will cover these items that aren't included with the base ship, but it won't be a case of them being gone for good."

    Note, this was from an image of a forum post that is simply dated January 4th at 4:18 am, and was referenced in a Spectrum post from May 2018, so it's possible that this information was posted January 2018. The link to the original quote requires access to the Concierge sub-forum. This is the only written information I was able to find on the subject (and this wasn't easy to find), and since I do not have Concierge access, I cannot see if there are any further updates to that post (but it looks to be rescinded). There has been no official update on the FAQ or anywhere else on the website, so take this post with a grain of salt, especially since even the post itself stated it was subject to change.

    Edit: Also note that the information from the post has since been rescinded, no longer making it an official statement.

    Link to the post that took me quite some time to find (ie: not readily available information):
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...ith-real-money


    This means that RSI currently has no official statement on what happens when an RMT ship is destroyed without insurance. Personally, I will be surprised if an RMT ship is lost forever, but I would not be surprised if there were a number of hoops to jump through and UAT fees to pay to replace the ship.

    -----
    Also note, in searching for this information, I found many, many people making posts that reference this post (without a link, of course; can't make it easy for me), so there are a lot of people spreading misinformation about this subject. Granted, they probably aren't doing it knowingly, as they probably read someone else reference this post somewhere and they're just trying to pass the information on. Unfortunately, the information is wrong.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2020-03-28 at 01:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •