Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    There are no actual skills in the game, so I'm assuming you are referring to the skill of the player.
    As to the second part. In wow, there is a gear progression system, which has three avenues of progression. Raids, M+ and PVP.

Star Citizen has no systems whatsoever, unless you count it's monetary system, and then what I said is completely accurate. Currently you can buy both in game cash and ships with real life cash.

That's why I came to the conclusion that the point is to larp around and play space man. It really doesn't have any system in place to mark progression.
    In any game progression is what you make of it, if your were expecting a space game to be just the same as WoW then you were looking at the wrong game, SC you choose what you want to where in WoW there is very limited choice in what to do, both different games entirely.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    In any game progression is what you make of it, if your were expecting a space game to be just the same as WoW then you were looking at the wrong game, SC you choose what you want to where in WoW there is very limited choice in what to do, both different games entirely.
    "Very limited" choice in WoW? Give me a break. WoW has far more gameplay loops and things to do than SC. Stop trying to compare SC to released games that are you know, good. We get it, you don't like WoW. Stop trying to promote your opinion as fact.

Agreed, I wasn't looking for the Sims in space, space dress up isn't my thing.

They have shown multiple times on what the planet tech has done in the past, from editing different biomes to creating solar systems so stop with the nonsense.
    By all means provide a video which shows the speed of their planetary creation or even better, their solar system creation. It should be easy if they have shown it multiple times no?

I believe when you say stop with the nonsense what you mean is stop pressing me on a subject I cannot provide evidence for.

There are already multiple solar systems in production you wont see them until SQ42 releases..
    Another statement which cannot be verified in any way whatsoever.

One could almost think you are a pathological liar.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Yes, all of them.
    I am so happy that I put you on the spot here, now I've got you, Mr. Anderson!

Every game changes and adds features during development. Critics and mostly haters like to use different angles to attack Star Citizen / Chris Roberts. Be it for feature creep for adding features or at the same time attack them for changing features (coop-mode, VR, modded servers).

The fact is changing features (adding or removing) is part of the game development process. Some can have more implications than others in the gameplay others less but as long as they enhance the experience they will be welcomed. Example Diablo morphing from a turn-base rpg to a real-time combat one. RedDeadDedemption2 modelling all actions with animations and slowing the gameplay experience for the sake of immersion (something Star Citizen does too).
    So the fact is, I am right, there is feature creep in Star Citizen. You're just calling it natural. Next.

They never said they would stop selling ships once the game goes live, they left the door open to selling starter packages and even future concept ships.
    They absolutely did say they would stop selling ships. Starter packages do not count, obviously.

Concept ships or not, it means that the entire armada currently on sale will be gone.

As to how impactful this is, let's do some fast math:

Assuming that similar to before, there is a 50% ratio of Star Citizen to actual backer account.

Current Citizen count is 2,707,692. (Registered accounts on the site - confirmed by Turbulent. It may differ some % now, but for the sake of argument, we'll assume the same.).

Funds raised: 298,483,477 (Site tracker)

2,707,692 / 2 = 1 353 846‬ backer accounts(*)

298,483,477 monies split into / 1 353 846 accounts = 220 dollars.

This shows that on average, every backer account: 220 dollars. This is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than just starter packs or whatever.

(*) - The backer accounts are not unique individuals, but backer accounts - including alts. I am responsible for two of those myself.

They also talked about having special ships/skins which only can be acquired playing the game.
    This has literally nothing to do with the argument, I'll assume you were shooting from your hip on this one.

Again they will generate money like every other AAA GaaS tittle.
    Barely anything compared to now, as demonstrated above.

Nobody is saying that they will sell for practically $0 once the game launches. It will just be much less than now, which supports the theory:

CIG has no financial incentive to get away from this development stage. Unless they break their word as discussed before.

See my precious post, Star Citizen has more in common with GTA than the standard space sim niche game (Elite: Dangerous, X:Rebirth) due to the social aspect. Star Citizen also pushes features that cater to roleplayers like facetracking which is getting more and more popular.
    Another niche group: Roleplayers. They are such a minority it ain't even funny.

Not true. The stance is that Star Citizen / Squadron 42 will be games developed without thinking of hardware constraints aka console hardware. Doesn't mean they are banned from consoles by default. The effort in controllers parity (keyboard, controller, joystick) and the fact the UI is based on radial menus hints for a console adaptation. Squadron 42 as a single player game will most likely be ported to the new generation of consoles due the potential of it's Hollywood cast mainstream appeal alone.
    This is such a dead horse, it's been discussed over, and over, and over again - most recently with the next gen consoles.

There are no plans to make Star Citizen available on any console.

And it is not feasible to play Star Citizen with any kind of controller, radial menus or not.

Nobody said that the games are banned from consoles. If Star Citizen and Squadron 42 was to release tomorrow, it would not be for any console.

We have to argue based on the current context of the game, doesn't matter if it might arrive to console in 3 years.

Meaning, simply put: Limited market. As intended by the way, PC Master race.

Kickstarting/Crowdfunding includes (most of the times) into having access to the product when it's ready. Pre-purchasing or pre-ordering is made to guarantee you have a copy as soon as possible and usually a defined release date.
    Backing something on Kickstarter is a glorified pre-order spinoff. You don't pay for the game again. Meaning, I am right. If the game came out tomorrow, both you and I would be charged $0. Same for the other million backer accounts out there.

The most flown ship in Star Citizen is a starter ship for a reason.
    Yes, because every account has one. There's literally no other reason.

As solid as the 90 days top theory!
    Turns out, you saying you disagree with my points is mostly lip-service. Big bad Agent Smith can't possibly be right after all.

Bottom line is, people can lie, facts do not.

The way I see it, this discussion is now over.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-06-10 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Yes, because every account has one. There's literally no other reason..
    Not every account has a starter ship, if your going to buy another ship you would upgrade your starter ship so the upgrade costs at least 35 bucks less then you pay 65 dollars and you have a 100 dollars cutlass as your starter ship.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    By all means provide a video which shows the speed of their planetary creation or even better, their solar system creation. It should be easy if they have shown it multiple times no?

I believe when you say stop with the nonsense what you mean is stop pressing me on a subject I cannot provide evidence for.

Another statement which cannot be verified in any way whatsoever.

One could almost think you are a pathological liar.
    So you believe there is no work being done on SQ42 and it wont consist on multiple star systems in the campaign.

Those moons your complaining about and saying they took 3 months is also wrong, only 2 ppl were working on it for 4 weeks from concept to completion, they wouldnt just of been working on the moons as thier only project, a basic planet is fast to create its the extras beyond that which take the extra time.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-10 at 08:33 PM.

So you believe there is no work being done on SQ42 and it wont consist on multiple star systems in the campaign.
    I am not indulging your attempts at reframing the conversation.

Those moons your complaining about and saying they took 3 months is also wrong, only 2 ppl were working on it for 4 weeks from concept to completion, they wouldnt just of been working on the moons as thier only project, a basic planet is fast to create its the extras beyond that which take the extra time.
    I am not complaining about the moons. I could not care less about the moons. They are only mentioned as a counterpoint to your lie that a solar system can be produced in one hour.

A team worked on producing the planet Microtech last year, how long did it take to be developed?

Not every account has a starter ship, if your going to buy another ship you would upgrade your starter ship so the upgrade costs at least 35 bucks less then you pay 65 dollars and you have a 100 dollars cutlass as your starter ship.
    That is correct, I should have wrote "started out with one".

The concentration is way higher than any other ships for obvious reasons. Which explains why they are the most flown ships.

However, I doubt people use their starters to upgrade. What they do is get LTI tokens and upgrade those instead.

This has been an established thing for years.

I am not indulging your attempts at reframing the conversation.

I am not complaining about the moons. I could not care less about the moons. They are only mentioned as a counterpoint to your lie that a solar system can be produced in one hour.

A team worked on producing the planet Microtech last year, how long did it take to be developed?
    There is already proof showing they can create a basic solar system in less than an hour so why do you feel the need to constantly lie. The template takes an hour to put into place so you have a basic layout of what you need that would work if required, just need to edit things to customise those planets/moons.

2 devs can create 3 moons in 4 weeks from nothing, even if it actually is 4 weeks of work a team of 30 devs can create around 45 working moons/planets within a month.

Microtech with a city takes longer to complete who would of guessed, most of the universe wont have massive cities but the tech they are improving on can be used to generate cities much quicker.

That is correct, I should have wrote "started out with one".

The concentration is way higher than any other ships for obvious reasons. Which explains why they are the most flown ships.

However, I doubt people use their starters to upgrade. What they do is get LTI tokens and upgrade those instead.

This has been an established thing for years.
    Most only fly the aurora because its thier only ship thats why its most common, if you have other ships your rarely going to use an aurora.

You can get LTI on starter packages then upgrade that way is the most common way to get LTI on the ship you want. The other way is chairman packages and melt ships and then upgrade a ship from a chairman package to get LTI. LTI is not really a big deal it will save you a small amount of currency thats all.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-10 at 09:44 PM.

There is already proof showing they can create a basic solar system in less than an hour so why do you feel the need to constantly lie. The template takes an hour to put into place so you have a basic layout of what you need that would work if required, just need to edit things to customise those planets/moons.
    You know full well delivery is the opposite. Yet you choose to lie about their capabilities. That says all that anybody needs to know.

2 devs can create 3 moons in 4 weeks from nothing, even if it actually is 4 weeks of work a team of 30 devs can create around 45 working moons/planets within a month.
    Another meritless claim with no basis in reality. FTR the moons took 12 weeks, not four.

Microtech with a city takes longer to complete who would of guessed, most of the universe wont have massive cities but the tech they are improving on can be used to generate cities much quicker.
    Creating the planet without a city still takes Cloud Imperium a considerable amount of time. They do a huge amount of hands-on work when creating their planets which is why one solar system in an hour is a purposely misleading metric.
    Last edited by masterblaster0; 2020-06-11 at 04:20 AM.

Since Friday is going to be the start of a new event, Alien Week, I wonder if we will get a free fly event with alien ships. Not that there are many to try out, but flying around in those two that one Xi'an ship (apparently the San'tok.yāi is still in the concepting phase) would be cool.

RIP Banu Merchantman owners. Six years since concept sale and not even a glimpse of the ship. Hell, the Kraken was introduced in 2017 and was modeled by the next year (or is it just the exterior that was modeled?).

Is there any more news as to what alien week will entail?

I saw there will be a stream discussing alien races but that is all I have found so far.

You know full well delivery is the opposite. Yet you choose to lie about their capabilities. That says all that anybody needs to know.

Another meritless claim with no basis in reality. FTR the moons took 12 weeks, not four.

Creating the planet without a city still takes Cloud Imperium a considerable amount of time. They do a huge amount of hands-on work when creating their planets which is why one solar system in an hour is a purposely misleading metric.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcaCEYZS1eE listen from the 59 min mark for at leasst 2 mins and it proves your 12 week thing a lie. Jared states is was 2 ppl that did the work and they said it took 4 weeks from concept as they only started the moons in jan.

You make all these bold claims and have nothing to back yourself up at all.

*snip*
    The way I see it, this discussion is now over
    Discussion will only be over when you lot get over your grudge.

Spieling the same misconceptions, inacuracies and baseless assumptions while making up new doomsday theories year after year all to try and justify a strange obsession with hating a video game because it's not "burning" like you have wished for so long will never be "normal" behaviour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcaCEYZS1eE listen from the 59 min mark for at leasst 2 mins and it proves your 12 week thing a lie. Jared states is was 2 ppl that did the work and they said it took 4 weeks from concept as they only started the moons in jan.
    I commend you for actually providing a link. Why you did not do this from the beginning I do not know.

You say I am lying, you say I am making bold claims with nothing to back it up. Yet in the video you linked even Jared says exactly what I have been saying "Three moons in the span of a quarter"

In a previous Pillar Talk video, Tracy, Roberts, Davis and Reindell discuss the possiblity of making three moons in a quarter while looking doubtful about the likelihood of achieving said goal.

Jared references an ISC video from a week prior where he says "If it is possible to achieve their goals before handing over their work to VFX artists and system designers waiting in the wings to take the three moons across the finish line and into alpha 3.9"

So while Patrick and Pascal might have been able to do their part in four weeks there was still work to be done by VFX artists and there was still work to be done by system designers. Ultimately, it would be many more weeks until the moons were placed in game and explorable by players.

Almost twelve weeks from start to finish.
    Last edited by masterblaster0; 2020-06-11 at 02:54 PM.

I commend you for actually providing a link. Why you did not do this from the beginning I do not know.

You say I am lying, you say I am making bold claims with nothing to back it up. Yet in the video you linked even Jared says exactly what I have been saying "Three moons in the span of a quarter"

In a previous Pillar Talk video, Tracy, Roberts, Davis and Reindell discuss the possiblity of making three moons in a quarter while looking doubtful about the likelihood of achieving said goal.

Jared references an ISC video from a week prior where he says "If it is possible to achieve their goals before handing over their work to VFX artists and system designers waiting in the wings to take the three moons across the finish line and into alpha 3.9"

So while Patrick and Pascal might have been able to do their part in four weeks there was still work to be done by VFX artists and there was still work to be done by system designers. Ultimately, it would be many more weeks until the moons were placed in game and explorable by players.

Almost twelve weeks from start to finish.
    They stated in that video concept to completion in 4 weeks with 2 ppl, dont just start spinning off things that are not backed up by any facts at all. Anything beyond is mainly just polish, they handed it over to another team just to check for bugs and if anything needs to be changed or added.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-11 at 04:28 PM.

They stated in that video concept to completion in 4 weeks with 2 ppl, dont just start spinning off things that are not backed up by any facts at all. Anything beyond is mainly just polish.
    I have never met anybody who lies so much. Even when all the facts are there. It is so bizarre.

I have never met anybody who lies so much. Even when all the facts are there. It is so bizarre.
    It is not a lie it is a fact that they said on the video itself that is took them 4 weeks to make 3 moons from concept to completion, your the one completely blatently lying when the proof is right in your face. Tell me did they or did they not say they made the moons in 4 weeks and said it more than once.

One of the guys working on it made sure to mention it took them 4 weeks right after Jared said 3 moons in a quarter, to make sure that everyone knew it didnt take a whole quarter to make 3 moons.

Where is your proof they needed 12 weeks to complete the moons, thats right you dont have any.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-11 at 04:50 PM.

It is not a lie it is a fact that they said on the video itself that is took them 4 weeks to make 3 moons from concept to completion, your the one completely blatently lying when the proof is right in your face. Tell me did they or did they not say they made the moons in 4 weeks and said it more than once.
    And reported for trolling.

Where is your proof they needed 12 weeks to complete the moons, thats right you dont have any.
    Started 2020-01-XX, arrived in game 2020-04-29.

And reported for trolling.

Started 2020-01-XX, arrived in game 2020-04-29.
    Your the one giving false information, they stated how long it took to make in the video and you completely ignore it, right out the mouths of the deves who actually made the moons and you still completely lie about everything without no proof.

Doesnt matter when the patch was released the fact is it took 4 weeks to make the moons from concept to completion, there is more than just moon to implement in a game patch.