Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    These threads would be totally different if the defense force were amicable to seeing faults in the game. The thread is largely the way it is because people like yourself have no interest in discussing the mistakes or pitfalls or looking at where improvements cans be made.

If a person's go-to is to defend at all costs regardless of how miniscule the slight is, is it any wonder that no discussion can be had?
    Most are not even discussing the game at all though, they are just constantly whinning about the company and have no intention of discussing the game at all. There is a few that are not even planning to try the game ever but still here hoping the game burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I don't know why you think the conversation has to be gated to merely gameplay. If it did, there would be precious little to talk about at this point, yeah?

That's probably why the focus of discussion is on development, rather than gameplay. There just isn't that much to discuss "in game". Or on the PU.

To be fair, I do really enjoy Val's write ups of his play sessions. They don't paint a great picture, though.
    Its a thread to talk about the actual game, but many just use it because they dont like the company which doesnt give any constructive arguments at all.

The game is in development so the alpha is not supposed to run smoothly and if you have a potato its not going to go well, i have no issues with the game taking its time because we would be waiting for even longer since noone is making any game similar, i would like to play the complete game now but dont want some product missing what it needs to be complete.

Im pretty sure Val said he wasnt using the best setup to play SC and it requires a good setup, so issues playing can be solely on the computer also.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-25 at 05:09 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    These threads are not usually best to discuss games as you can see already in this thread, when was the last time someone actually said something about the game.
    From what I've seen, people tend to discuss the game during the first few weeks of a new major patch. Then people drift away for a few months until the next patch.

Right now, Star Citizen is in a borderline unplayable state due to the constant server crashes, which restricts a lot of the activities you can do. No point in trading or mining if you're just going to lose your cargo investment or all of the ore you mined. That just leaves doing the coordinated takedown missions around Hurston, for 16k-20k credits every 3 minutes effortlessly butchering poor NPC Mustangs/Auroras/Reliants and the occasional Retailator. It gets stale after a few hours, and unless you have the will to spend upwards of 30 hours farming those coordinated takedowns to buy a Caterpillar and fill it up with the most profitable cargo to start endgame trading... only to either 1. lose that cargo in server crash or 2. lose your Caterpillar in server wipe in a few months. There just isn't a reason to play the game for the long term right now.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the sandbox nature of the game, it's really hamstrung by 1. the server cap of 50 players and 2. the armistice zones. Want to be a bounty hunter? Why bother when 80% of the time the bounty is either 1. chilling out in GRIM Hex or 2. logs out before you reach him. Want to be a pirate? Well too bad piracy is rather borked at the moment. Sure you can EMP shut down ships but without physicalized cargo to steal, why bother? Trying to attend an organized group event is a huge, massive pain in the ass due to the party invite system not working half of the time, being unable to join the server the group is on most of the time, and the aforementioned servers crashing. There is nothing new player interaction wise to do in 2020 that you probably haven't already done in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

If CIG can even add as much as 200 players per server, and remove armistice zones, that will breathe life into the game. People will log in and find places bustling with activity, rife with the potential for exciting things to happen at any moment. Potential criminals walking in their midst, with bounty hunters following suit, a gunbattle waiting to break out at any moment. Daring escapes from cities and stations. People constantly bumping into each other, an interaction waiting to happen. Battles can escalate as people can call out for help and bring their friends. Fleet battles, and so on.

However, given the speed at which CIG is implementing those features, none of what I just described will happen for years. The removal of armistice zones is years away at this point, and who knows if CIG will ever get their servers fixed or raise the player cap, let alone implement their server meshing idea. They said they had a "working prototype as of early 2019", but there is a doubt in the back of my mind that thinks that is just as likely to be true as CIG pushing out SQ42 in 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20.

"It's just right around the corner!"

Most are not even discussing the game at all though, they are just constantly whinning about the company and have no intention of discussing the game at all.
    More are not even discussing the faults in the game at all though, they are just constantly whining about the other posters and have no intention of discussing the faults in the game at all.

See how easy it is to twist it around back at you? That's what you guys do.

I've been a backer since 2013. I've played SC for hundreds of hours. I've had a lot of fun, but I've had my fill of the current game. I log in and check out the new patch, play it for a couple weeks, maybe a month, and then lurk in this thread for the next few months until the next patch. As I've been doing for the past five years. Over those five years, sure, the game has expanded, but it is fundamentally the same experience of 50 people per server and safe zones galore, in the same star system. There just isn't anything here to keep me actively playing.

Its a thread to talk about the actual game, but many just use it because they dont like the company which doesnt give any constructive arguments at all.
    It is a thread to talk about crowdfunded games and the things that happen with it as well. It isn't only to discuss the specs of the game and bow before the almighty pictures that love to get tossed about. Discussing the company behind the game is completely fair game. Discussing crowdfunding in regards to the game is completely allowed. No rules are being broken you know.

- - - Updated - - -

The game is in development so the alpha is not supposed to run smoothly and if you have a potato its not going to go well, i have no issues with the game taking its time because we would be waiting for even longer since noone is making any game similar, i would like to play the complete game now but dont want some product missing what it needs to be complete.
    You can make that statement all you like but it is trying to handwave the years of development hell and mistakes that have been made. In its current form the game won't be ready for YEARS. It is already what, 8 years in the pipeline now and still no end in sight? That is starting to hit some very impressive milestones of development failures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    However, given the speed at which CIG is implementing those features, none of what I just described will happen for years. The removal of armistice zones is years away at this point, and who knows if CIG will ever get their servers fixed or raise the player cap, let alone implement their server meshing idea. They said they had a "working prototype as of early 2019", but there is a doubt in the back of my mind that thinks that is just as likely to be true as CIG pushing out SQ42 in 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20.

I think it is one of the main reasons the game gets so much flak. It is crazy how many years they have kept kicking the can down the road with such a buggy mess to show for it. There is no end in sight, we're talking 2024+ and it won't be out.

snip
    The alpha is not there to sink 100 hours into, just to test otherwise you could burn yourself out on the game before its even complete.

The game takes as long as it takes to be ready, chris has said this many times now and we dont know how close SQ42 currently is since most of the work is directed at that currently.

The alpha is not there to sink 100 hours into, just to test otherwise you could burn yourself out on the game before its even complete.
    Sure tell people how to enjoy the game and how to play it. That'll go over well.

Yes, CiG tries to get people to join the game during free fly so they can just be glorified testers. Not to get them playing the game long term or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

The game takes as long as it takes to be ready, chris has said this many times now and we dont know how close SQ42 currently is since most of the work is directed at that currently.
    And considering how they keep delaying the video for sq42 it'll be even more of a mystery for who knows how long! Mismanagement galore!

From what I've seen, people tend to discuss the game during the first few weeks of a new major patch. Then people drift away for a few months until the next patch.

Right now, Star Citizen is in a borderline unplayable state due to the constant server crashes, which restricts a lot of the activities you can do. No point in trading or mining if you're just going to lose your cargo investment or all of the ore you mined. That just leaves doing the coordinated takedown missions around Hurston, for 16k-20k credits every 3 minutes effortlessly butchering poor NPC Mustangs/Auroras/Reliants and the occasional Retailator. It gets stale after a few hours, and unless you have the will to spend upwards of 30 hours farming those coordinated takedowns to buy a Caterpillar and fill it up with the most profitable cargo to start endgame trading... only to either 1. lose that cargo in server crash or 2. lose your Caterpillar in server wipe in a few months. There just isn't a reason to play the game for the long term right now.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the sandbox nature of the game, it's really hamstrung by 1. the server cap of 50 players and 2. the armistice zones. Want to be a bounty hunter? Why bother when 80% of the time the bounty is either 1. chilling out in GRIM Hex or 2. logs out before you reach him. Want to be a pirate? Well too bad piracy is rather borked at the moment. Sure you can EMP shut down ships but without physicalized cargo to steal, why bother? Trying to attend an organized group event is a huge, massive pain in the ass due to the party invite system not working half of the time, being unable to join the server the group is on most of the time, and the aforementioned servers crashing. There is nothing new player interaction wise to do in 2020 that you probably haven't already done in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

If CIG can even add as much as 200 players per server, and remove armistice zones, that will breathe life into the game. People will log in and find places bustling with activity, rife with the potential for exciting things to happen at any moment. Potential criminals walking in their midst, with bounty hunters following suit, a gunbattle waiting to break out at any moment. Daring escapes from cities and stations. People constantly bumping into each other, an interaction waiting to happen. Battles can escalate as people can call out for help and bring their friends. Fleet battles, and so on.

I've probably said it before but I really appreciate these write-ups. They are so much more informative than anything else on here from people that like the game.

I've probably said it before but I really appreciate these write-ups. They are so much more informative than anything else on here from people that like the game.
    No doubt, it is critical of the game, highlights some of the things that do go right(based on the hours put in by Val) but is fair in calling out the massive bugs that plague the game in this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This game is going to be legendary, but for the wrong reasons.
    It already is.

I didnt speak for everyone i gave a simple fact if the community was that bothered about it there would be more than a handful of posts about it.

Majestic is the one making false claims saying the community isnt happy when he has no clue about anything.

Reddit is irrelevant because complaining on a forum not part of the actual company serves no purpose, post on the actual game forum to complain about something or its pointless.
    Stop lying. You very clearly said "SC community". Words have a meaning - yours implying that you know what said community wants and thus you can speak in their stead.

Reddit is irrelevant only in the fantasy world where it is not one of the most used internet resources, where various game devs are not frequently using it as a medium of communication. We do not live in that fantasy world.

Also thread from the official forums was already linked with people complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Your the one claiming to speak for the whole CIG community claiming everything you say is fact when its just a theory, if the community really was not happy why are there not more posts than the current handful that is not even worth mentioning.
    community.
    I provided two specific examples. You counter with saying that they don't care like you are some form of elected spokesperson.

That is you thinking you speak for anyone but yourself while I clearly linked massively upvotes posts. That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Stop lying. You very clearly said "SC community". Words have a meaning - yours implying that you know what said community wants and thus you can speak in their stead.

Reddit is irrelevant only in the fantasy world where it is not one of the most used internet resources, where various game devs are not frequently using it as a medium of communication. We do not live in that fantasy world.

Also thread from the official forums was already linked with people complaining.
    Calling a handfull of comments the SC community is the actual lie, so stop with the BS already.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    I provided two specific examples. You counter with saying that they don't care like you are some form of elected spokesperson.

That is you thinking you speak for anyone but yourself while I clearly linked massively upvotes posts. That's the difference.
    Im more of a representative than you as i have access to part of the forums you dont see, but your claim about it being a massive amount of votes is a lie, its barely even the smallest number of the playerbase.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-25 at 08:54 AM.

Calling a handfull of comments the SC community is the actual lie, so stop with the BS already.

Im more of a representative than you as i have access to part of the forums you dont see, but your claim about it being a massive amount of votes is a lie, its barely even the smallest number of the playerbase.
    Paying over $1000 and gaining access to the Concierge forum does not make you more of a representative. It just means you spent over $1000 on an unreleased video game

Paying over $1000 and gaining access to the Concierge forum does not make you more of a representative. It just means you spent over $1000 on an unreleased video game
    And whos to say the thousands spent on WoW were worth the money spent, or thousands spent on junk food over time.

We are not saying that those "handful" (again, who decided what is handful? You? xD) is the whole community. We are saying those too, are part of it.
    Words. Have. Meaning. You cannot just wave away opinions you do not like.
    Take that haters.

Im more of a representative than you as i have access to part of the forums you dont see,
    So, you are Concierge? This just in everyone: Kenn potentially has spent $1000 on Star Citizen! Explains perfectly why you post so much hot air filled with emotions and not much substance to defend the game.

Talk about exposing your neck. Now the mask is off.

Thank you, Kenn for posting that. Thank you so much.

but your claim about it being a massive amount of votes is a lie, its barely even the smallest number of the playerbase.
    You can't have it both ways there. Your paywalled $1000 forum is a much smaller base than the normal one which is accessible to everyone.

Not only that, but your forum suffers from extreme sunk cost fallacy due to the amount spent.

And if you meant any other restricted forum than the Concierge one it's pointless as those are not where you discuss these things.

You really shot yourself in the foot on this one buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    We are not saying that those "handful" (again, who decided what is handful? You? xD) is the whole community. We are saying those too, are part of it.
    Words. Have. Meaning. You cannot just wave away opinions you do not like.
    Majestic is the one making bold claims saying the community isnt happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    So, you are Concierge? This just in everyone: Kenn potentially has spent $1000 on Star Citizen! Explains perfectly why you post so much hot air filled with emotions and not much substance to defend the game.

Talk about exposing your neck. Now the mask is off.

Thank you, Kenn for posting that. Thank you so much.

You can't have it both ways there. Your paywalled $1000 forum is a much smaller base than the normal one which is accessible to everyone.

Not only that, but your forum suffers from extreme sunk cost fallacy due to the amount spent.

And if you meant any other restricted forum than the Concierge one it's pointless as those are not where you discuss these things.

You really shot yourself in the foot on this one buddy.
    You post more nonsense than anyone here, and it doesnt matter how much put towards a game, are you saying its ok to sink thousands on other games but dont back a game you know that has potential. Your opinion means nothing on how people choose to spend the money they have.

You make all the claims about SC and dont have a leg to stand on with all your quack theories.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-25 at 12:20 PM.

I lost it when I read his admission. He's trying to say that he represents the community "more" for letting CIG charge him $1000. MINIMUM $1000 by the way, could potentially be a lot more.

He gave them so much money that they let him see a forum where other whales hang out.

So yes, it's official, Kenn is a whale.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk...Fallacy_effect

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote community ain't happy and I posted links where they aren't. Now you're off on some song and dance about how you represent the community more because you spent $1000+. It's ridiculous.

How much did you actually spend, and which ships do you own? Now I am curious.

I am talking about you right now, Mr. Ispeakforcommunity. You are handwaving all complaints away, always with the same excuses. "Few hundred do not count", etc.

"But but but he said" is not an excuse.
    Take that haters.