Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You can buy everything for ingame money. Once SC releases, you will no longer be able to buy ships for RL money.
    I was under the impression you could buy ~20,000 UEC per day. Is there a separate currency for ship purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    So this is arena being played by a dude with an occulus rift headset. The guns are tracking where he's looking while hands are free to fly the ship
    Please tell me this is a joke. If that is real, what a terrible design decision.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. If that is real, what a terrible design decision.
    Lol. That's the whole point of having head tracking support. What did you think the occulus rift support was for?

Deleted
    40k to 47m!

Also that Khartu(-Al)/Xi'An Scout looks amazing! @_@

I'm super glad I got one when it was previously available.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    Lol. That's the whole point of having head tracking support. What did you think the occulus rift support was for?
    I dunno, immersion maybe!?

I happen to think tying gimballed weapons to head look or mouse targeting is a really bad idea.
    Can you not see the advantage of OR+joystick vs joystick only? It appears to me that it unbalances the playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression you could buy ~20,000 UEC per day. Is there a separate currency for ship purchases?

I think buying UEC for real money and there only being one currency in game is still the case, at least on human worlds, this might change for aliens. Even after launch they need some way to fund the servers they will need to keep an online game running, as they have no publisher backing them.

I have no hotas equipment yet but from a couple of hours with flying with a mouse, i think they should separate control of the ship and aiming of gimballed guns and just make the CTRL+F mode the default.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-06-22 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think buying UEC for real money and there only being one currency in game is still the case, at least on human worlds, this might change for aliens. Even after launch they need some way to fund the servers they will need to keep an online game running, as they have no publisher backing them.

I have no hotas equipment yet but from a couple of hours with flying with a mouse, i think they should separate control of the ship and aiming of gimballed guns and just make the CTRL+F mode the default.
    CR said a while back that there was a possibility of S42 expansion packs happening and that they could somehow make money off the PU (Selling special skins for ships, etc). Even after launch, they will still make alot of money off the subscriptions, and I'm sure more people will pick a sub up as well to help support RSI. However it goes, I'm quite sure CR will be able to keep the company afloat.

10+ Year Old Account
    CR said a while back that there was a possibility of S42 expansion packs happening and that they could somehow make money off the PU (Selling special skins for ships, etc). Even after launch, they will still make alot of money off the subscriptions, and I'm sure more people will pick a sub up as well to help support RSI. However it goes, I'm quite sure CR will be able to keep the company afloat.
    Well you should be able to continue buying credits i imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I dunno, immersion maybe!?

I happen to think tying gimballed weapons to head look or mouse targeting is a really bad idea.
    Can you not see the advantage of OR+joystick vs joystick only? It appears to me that it unbalances the playing field.
    Considering you'll be able to customize your bindings in the future (they said something about next month), I'm pretty sure that you'll have the ability to bind targeting to a hat switch or perhaps a second joystick or something. Personally I'm considering going left hand Joystick + mouse as it seems like the best balance for me.

Considering you'll be able to customize your bindings in the future (they said something about next month), I'm pretty sure that you'll have the ability to bind targeting to a hat switch or perhaps a second joystick or something. Personally I'm considering going left hand Joystick + mouse as it seems like the best balance for me.
    Now THAT really is an innovative idea. Never thought of that; Joystick & and Mouse. Huh. Sounds brilliant!

Let's hope so, but colour me sceptical at trying to manoeuvre a ship while simultaneously trying to aim via hat switch. It's no comparison to the ease of head look.
    I like Zealo's idea of Ctrl+f being the default controller mode, that would be much better for game balance.

I stopped caring about Arena Commander balancing and the hotas vs mouse nonsense, since when the PU hits most of this shit is going to be insignificant. Just give us something that works. If it's locked relative mode, cool whatever, but fix the mouse control for it because drag and lift is horseshit.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Congratulations! We just made it to 48 Million!

CR is probably just finishing up his 47th Letter from the Chairman right now, keep refreshing that site!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the 47th Letter from the Chairman! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13971-Letter-From-The-Chairman-47-Million

- - - Updated - - -

The 49 million stretch goal is: a plant.

Xi’An Space Plant – Similar to a bonsai tree, the Centennial Bloom is a very famous Xi’An plant indigenous to Eealus III that blossoms for one night every one hundred years. They sell the plants in sealed terrariums to traders. Ever since their introduction to the UEE, Humanity has been fascinated by these beautiful plants and the wait for them to bloom.

Deleted
    The 49 million stretch goal is: a plant.[/SIZE]
    this came to mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TRVXG4kQE

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...e-For-Centauri

Hm...an interesting read on the origins of Squadron 42.

Apparently, S42 started out as a disciplinary regiment for ace pilots who got unnerved by having to sit down at briefings and listen and follow through with strict procedures and boring lectures with no leeway for creativity. S42 gained fame when it's captain decided that allowing the squad members to work out the missions with bare minimum requirements and leave the rest up to them led to legendary exploits, beginning with the salvation of an entire war effort and the an hilarious of a vastly superior capital fleet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your emails people! I just got my multiplayer invite, I would be playing it now if I did have to do a big update.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

They are giving away MP access in order of original backers to latter backers. Unless your Citizen Number is a 5 digit code or less, don't even hope for MP until at least August.

They are up to 60,000 invites now. That being said, they are increasing the number of invites with every iteration as they said they would. This was 30,000 invites at once. The next one should be 60k invites.

Too bad my citizen number is 90k-something.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I probably won't be until at least the end of July or mid August.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...e-For-Centauri

Hm...an interesting read on the origins of Squadron 42.

Apparently, S42 started out as a disciplinary regiment for ace pilots who got unnerved by having to sit down at briefings and listen and follow through with strict procedures and boring lectures with no leeway for creativity. S42 gained fame when it's captain decided that allowing the squad members to work out the missions with bare minimum requirements and leave the rest up to them led to legendary exploits, beginning with the salvation of an entire war effort and the an hilarious of a vastly superior capital fleet.
    You should get a life. Who the fuck cares about imaginary story made by a random dude? Life matters.

Seroisly, soo much money because losers and idiots are being delusional and easily manipulated with promises, which will never happend. Devs are only excited because of the money, you get excited only because they tell you promises made of money-excitement.

All of you will play alpha-beta alot, lose all your work because of the wipe, and then play maybe for 1 month after release. Then you will say to yourself: "I have wasted soo much lifetime on this shit".

Please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-07-04 at 02:25 AM.