1. #11761
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    By the way, are we still talking about the gigantic ship that has terrible physics and crashed like a steel block and impaled itself on a planet a few months ago ?
    Haha oh man I forgot about that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Yeah that's really weird, as if they never judge other games that they don't play....
    Don't forget the golden rule that he said, "If you have not played the event yourself then you have no right to even comment about it"

  2. #11762
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Wow, that is some serious backpedalling.

    I remember many times you'd rag on another space game for not having hundreds of ships battling it out despite it never being an intended feature for that game. That having ships zip around hundreds of meters per sec in 6 directions would make for a very chaotic player experience.
    And now that argument is being used in defense of a game where big battles was an intented feature along with hundreds of players in the same area, so weird to read.
    What's available on the market in terms of the topic is pertinent information. The reason Star Citizen is appealing to many is aslo because it's going for features that other similar games don't have (be it because they didn't want to or couldn't implement it).

    One of the main goals was always go for big capital ship battles. To push for the largest numbers of players possible while maintaining the graphical fidelity and scale of the original vision is what they have been working towards to and what they've shown working in engine already:


    They don't want to conform to what's been done already but trying to push it beyond that. It's the core reason why you're in this thread talking about capital ship gameplay of a game in development and not in other games threads or sharing examples of "massive battles with hundreds of capital ships" by other games.

    That space battles can feel chaotic and massive with >50 players is not back-peddling or defending. It's just sharing playing experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I have no idea whether you realize you're doing a terrible job at making StarCitizen look like a good game. Anyone who wants a space game doesn't want a game where the main challenge is opening a door due to how convoluted everything is.

    Also, no, I don't want to shoot at a Capital Ship which is just an asset without any scripted behavior nor any reaction or whatever. If the goal is to shoot at a huge immobile object while thinking "Damn I'd love to have 3k$ to throw at this game to use this ship in 20 years", then it's probably better to just plug my PS1 and play one of my classic FPS games where enemies were barely moving.

    By the way, are we still talking about the gigantic ship that has terrible physics and crashed like a steel block and impaled itself on a planet a few months ago ?
    I couldn't care less how you perceive my posts or Star Citizen as a game in development but you're posting in a thread of a game in development that I've tested and played and me giving first hand opinions of my experience is not trying to sell you anything. What you play or enjoy is up to you. If you don' t find merits in what's being shown it's up to you. Still if you take the time to post on a thread of a game it's because you have some kind of interest in it in the first place. Unless there's other reasons that I'm missing.

    Either way, the free-fly allows everyone to experience what's available to play for 2 weeks free of charge. The event and capital ship blowing is just a nice bonus to go along with it.

    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-02-10 at 02:26 PM.

  3. #11763
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Either way, the free-fly allows everyone to experience what's available to play for 2 weeks free of charge. The event and capital ship blowing is just a nice bonus to go along with it.
    Wasn't there an event like this like 2 months ago? What's the point, might as well make this F2P.

  4. #11764
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,621
    Interesting stats from the r/Star Citizen Refunds subreddit. Looks like there has been an upswing in people disillusioned with the project starting with the SQ42 video update catastrophe that happened last year.




    - - - Updated - - -

    Similar statistics for the black market trading subreddit, r/StarCitizen_trades


    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  5. #11765
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Palatka, Fl, USA
    Posts
    205
    OK lets do a Roadmap Round Up, you know because Kenn and Mr. Ando, are such staunch defenders.
    Though we all remember when Kenn said "deadlines mean nothing", and well Mr. Ando just defends all.

    Ok enough of the sarcasm.

    This week, Feb. 12th 2021, here is what CIG says:

    First what they say will be out by the end March 2021

    1. FPS Radar/Scanning
    2. Force Reactions
    3. VisArea Improvements (Visual Area I guess? Can Val comment?)
    4. Configuration Service
    5. Delivery Mission Timed and Dangerous Locations
    6. Harvestables/Minables - GIGs description: involves spawning weapons,bottles of water, MedPens,
    and clothing at various locations that the player can find, store, and use.
    7. Cave Improvements
    8. Spawn Closets - Allows NPCs to spawn outside of player view
    9. Security Network VO - Lets the network know if a player is trespassing w/o assigning a criminal
    rating. Also routes criminal sightings to the backend communications network.
    10. Law System Improvements
    11. Refinery Overlays
    12. Stanton Asteroids
    13. Station Kit - To further improve assets required for building out space stations.
    14. Recipe TDD - Polishing pass on economic systems.
    15. Reputation UI
    16. SQ42 - Vehicle Support (Yes it was totally Geryboxed years ago)
    17. Crusader Hercules Starlifter M2
    18. Weapon Capacitors V1 - Extra energy to weapons. (Not sure if ship or handheld description
    does not say)
    19. Missles Improvements
    20. Hull Visual Degradation
    21. Vehicle Names and Serial Numbers
    22. Vehilce Radar/Scanning
    23. Event System - One Shot Triggers
    24. Mounted Guns - Vehicle and ground types
    25. MT Healing Attachment
    26. Behring S7 Laser Cannon

    If anyone want to look here is the link and this is all as of 02/12/2021
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...ogress-tracker


    I left out concept art and anything EU related because. . . well I didn't want to come off
    as unfair. Though I think Kenn and Mr. Ando will try to use that against me anyway.

    Now who thinks all this will happen by. . . let's be kind and say next patch 3.13? I am
    not even going to say by the end of March 2021, even though everything I listed is supposed
    to be done by the 3rd week of Feb. 2021, or beginning of March 2021.

  6. #11766
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,621
    None of that stuff listed above is worth writing home about. It's either just tweaks to existing systems, or it's new guns/ships/vehicles/whatever that doesn't really mean anything. Nobody cares about a new frigate or a cannon or whatever. Get around to actually introducing the gargantuan Hull D trading ship and we'll start talking. Or the Kraken. Well, I'm halfway expecting that if the Kraken was added, it wouldn't even be functional (looks at the sorry, sorry state of the Reclaimer, a salvaging ship with a nonfunctioning salvaging bay).

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  7. #11767
    this game might come out in 2030

  8. #11768
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    OK lets do a Roadmap Round Up
    For someone who doesn't like Space games you sure have some weird fixation with roadmaps. Some form of compensation perhaps?


    New ISC showcases the long awaited Ship-to-Ship docking along with underground caves and miscellaneous.

  9. #11769
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    For someone who doesn't like Space games you sure have some weird fixation with roadmaps. Some form of compensation perhaps?
    Make just one post in response to someone without being shitty to them while actually responding to what they're saying. Just one.

    Accountability is important in business. A great time like CIG should have no problem meeting their own deadlines They have a great track record so far.

  10. #11770
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    snip
    What do you even think a roadmap is, its just a guide to what they are aiming to achieve but most of the time in all companies its impossible to do everything in time, every company fails to meets its targets it sets itself on a constant basis.

    The game will be ready when its ready, just like chris has stated many times he is not going to release something unless he is happy with it, i would rather they spent extra time making the game as good as possible and not just release something thats just missing things, if you dont understand why this game is taking as long as it is, its because you dont actually understand what the game actually is and how much larger it is compared to anything else available.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  11. #11771
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What do you even think a roadmap is, its just a guide to what they are aiming to achieve but most of the time in all companies its impossible to do everything in time, every company fails to meets its targets it sets itself on a constant basis.

    The game will be ready when its ready, just like chris has stated many times he is not going to release something unless he is happy with it, i would rather they spent extra time making the game as good as possible and not just release something thats just missing things, if you dont understand why this game is taking as long as it is, its because you dont actually understand what the game actually is and how much larger it is compared to anything else available.
    Then why bother putting out a roadmap if the game is getting released 'when its ready'. Because all it does is make them look even worse when they blow past targets and fail to meet them. Also, who cares if you want them to take all the time in the world making it, you are one person.

  12. #11772
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Then why bother putting out a roadmap if the game is getting released 'when its ready'. Because all it does is make them look even worse when they blow past targets and fail to meet them. Also, who cares if you want them to take all the time in the world making it, you are one person.
    A roadmap just informs on what they are working on and a rough idea on when it may be completed, thats all it is, i have yet to see one road map from any company that actually hits every single one of its targets when it wanted to do it by.

    Gamers may all be impatient but that doesnt mean we all dont want a game to take as much time as required for it to be as ready as possible, no game will ever release 100% with everything the devs wanted in it at release but as long as its close enough it doesnt matter. If it was just my own opinion why are there not thousands of posts in spectrum of which there are not and thats the only forum that actually matters when talking about star citizen.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #11773
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A roadmap just informs on what they are working on and a rough idea on when it may be completed, thats all it is, i have yet to see one road map from any company that actually hits every single one of its targets when it wanted to do it by.
    Watch those goalposts move! Now the roadmap from other companies have to hit EVERY target. That's okay, SC can't seem to hit very many targets on their roadmaps you don't have to move the bar very much for them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Gamers may all be impatient but that doesnt mean we all dont want a game to take as much time as required for it to be as ready as possible, no game will ever release 100% with everything the devs wanted in it at release but as long as its close enough it doesnt matter.
    Good thing I'm not you then. I don't want a game to take 10 years to come out if it means it goes through feature creep, massive changes and overhauls, greyboxes that aren't greyboxes, blowing past any semblance of a budget and ignoring roadmaps, etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If it was just my own opinion why are there not thousands of posts in spectrum of which there are not and thats the only forum that actually matters when talking about star citizen.
    I guess it doesn't matter about people that have given money to this project and given up on the game. Nah, fuck those people right? Only the people being drones that lap up everything CIG do matter, right? If that is the only forum that matters, why are you so so invested in this forum? Weird isn't it?

  14. #11774
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    snip
    Your the one complaining about CiG missing roadmap targets when no other company hits thier roadmap targets either, your just moving your own goalposts because you dont like CiG or chris roberts plain and simple, all a roadmap does is show what works currently being done and an estimated time of completion.

    But you dont care about SC releasing anyway so it doesnt matter how long it takes, when the game was changed and evolved into the MMO it is being developed into now it was a 10 year project, there was too much work and not enough staff to begin with to do it in a faster timeframe.

    Forums are nothing more than a means to waste time, your invested more than me as your in an area where you have no interest in even playing the game, you just simply want to see the project fail for some reason.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  15. #11775
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Your the one complaining about CiG missing roadmap targets when no other company hits thier roadmap targets either, your just moving your own goalposts because you dont like CiG or chris roberts plain and simple, all a roadmap does is show what works currently being done and an estimated time of completion.
    Two things. First, CIG is a kickstarted game, it continues to take donations, has a fully functional cash shop and 'claims' to be transparent. They are the one putting out these roadmaps that they massively fail to meet. There is a big difference between let's say Blizzard putting out a roadmap for a game and CIG doing it.

    Secondly, if Chris Roberts has a free pass from you and the community to do the game as he wants and it does not matter what roadmaps they meet or ignore then why the fuck do they keep putting out roadmaps or providing dates that X or Y will be done. There is a massive massive track history of missed dates and failed roadmaps. Totally okay to YOU and the other whales who are too deep now to get out. It just looks like a fucking joke and the meme that is SC continues to chug along though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    But you dont care about SC releasing anyway so it doesnt matter how long it takes, when the game was changed and evolved into the MMO it is being developed into now it was a 10 year project, there was too much work and not enough staff to begin with to do it in a faster timeframe.
    Got a source for me on the date it 'evolved' into a MMO and this 10 year project? Cause when it evolved they were still spitting out dates back then. There sure wasn't a '10 year' thing on it. Give me a source that backs this bullshit up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Forums are nothing more than a means to waste time, your invested more than me as your in an area where you have no interest in even playing the game, you just simply want to see the project fail for some reason.
    You're right I'm invested more in this, wait aren't you like 10k invested in this? Posting on a forum costs me nothing

    Again, I've said it over and over again and I'll do it one last time for you. I have a problem with Kickstarted projects scamming people, ripping people off, failing to deliver, letting feature creep get to them and so on. I have no investment in this game and would never play it. But I have no problem talking about what a massive fail this game is and what it has meant to Kickstarting in general. It is THE cautionary tale on why backing projects can go wrong.

  16. #11776
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    snip
    Its a kickstarter so when you have backed the project you accepted any and all risks that could happen with the project including the game changing into something bigger. I have barely anything in the game just got 2 ships, i have spent many times more with WoW than i ever will with Star Citizen.

    Stretch goals are your source on the game evolving into an MMO because without lots of funding an MMO would of been impossible, the kickstarter game stated it was not going to be an MMO, the early stretch goals doubled the size of the universe and the size of SQ42 and then they added planet landing in 2016 which is 100% essential for the game or it just wouldnt of worked anyway, did you think a company could make the game in the same time frame.

    Star citizen has not scammed anyone and thats a fact, the current version of the game is better than most space games available including elite dangerous, the game is already a success and has not gone wrong at all, so your just talking BS about things you know nothing about.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #11777
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    snip.
    Still waiting on this source saying the game was going to take 10 years once it shifted into a MMO.

    Did I think the game could be made before feature creep fucked the entire project over? Maybe.
    Do I think a different company could have made the game before it feature creeped to absurd levels? Yup.
    Was it worth it for said company? Prolly not, no.

    They sure were big on giving statements along the lines of 'the game will be out at X time' though. Yet I see nothing about this 10 year thing you've mentioned. Sounds like BS to me.

    I never said SC scammed anyone, I listed multiple reasons why I don't like various Kickstarter projects, SC falls into a few I listed not all of them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    the current version of the game is better than most space games available including elite dangerous, the game is already a success and has not gone wrong at all, so your just talking BS about things you know nothing about.
    That is opinion, btw. Know why? Using the word 'better'. I sure don't think SC is better than other options out there, but that is my opinion. I dunno if I'd call it a success either, it has raised plenty of money sure. But it has a mess of a 'game' to show for it and the game is far far away from being done.

    I wouldn't want to play a buggy crashing mess with a 40 player server cap.

    I'm talking BS about things I know nothing about? Sure thing Mr. 10 years project guy.

  18. #11778
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Make just one post in response to someone without being shitty to them while actually responding to what they're saying. Just one.

    Accountability is important in business. A great time like CIG should have no problem meeting their own deadlines They have a great track record so far.
    You first.

    I have plenty of objective and constructive posts based on actual gameplay experience to show for.

    Haters on the other hand... Just getting off from being negative and toxic about something they dont play or understand. Seems kinda desperate.


    FreeFly coming up.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-02-14 at 03:26 AM.

  19. #11779
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You first.

    I have plenty of objective and constructive posts based on actual gameplay experience to show for.

    Haters on the other hand... Just getting off from being negative and toxic about something they dont play or understand. Seems kinda desperate.
    Riiight, here we go again. It is just those awful haters ruining the noble image of CIG and their 9+ years of failing to deliver. Must be nice as a company like theirs to have people willing to fight and die on the hill of forum debates to protect their image.

    Dude you're showing us stuff from a MMO that can't host more than 40 people. Come back when your game is really a MMO.

  20. #11780
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Riiight, here we go again. It is just those awful haters ruining the noble image of CIG and their 9+ years of failing to deliver. Must be nice as a company like theirs to have people willing to fight and die on the hill of forum debates to protect their image.

    Dude you're showing us stuff from a MMO that can't host more than 40 people. Come back when your game is really a MMO.
    Posting about and enjoying a game in development should be self explanatory. If it's a finished game you're looking to discuss maybe You should come back later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •