1. #11781
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Posting about and enjoying a game in development should be self explanatory. If it's a finished game you're looking to discuss maybe You should come back later.
    Aww did I strike a nerve? I'm not going anywhere, I will continue to mock this sham of development for this 9+ year game that can't have 40 people online at one time without imploding 'game'. I mean I'm more than willing to discuss things, like how many things they will fail to deliver on with this roadmap, want to talk about that one?

    And god when would I come back if we're waiting on the finished game, 2027?

  2. #11782
    The whole go away and only come back when it is finished is just so much bullshit.

    Star Citizen is an early access, shitty game-as-a-service despite having a B2P setup. It went into that category in 2017 with the release of 3.0 as per Roberts in his eurogamer interview and many statements since then. All other early access games are up for judging on initial release, content cadence, dev interaction/honesty/monetisation etc so there is no reason at all that Star Citizen should be any different.

    If the game is allegedly better other than released games it should be able to stand on its own feet for comparison, there should be no need to pull out the alpha shield to protect it.

  3. #11783
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    The whole go away and only come back when it is finished is just so much bullshit.
    No, its actually not Bullshit. Its the sane/healthy approach.

    There are people who enjoy StarCitizen right now, they have fun.
    And there are people who dont enjoy StarCitizen, they (probably have other alternatives).

    However its just pitiful fot the latter to spend so much time of their life beeing negativ about a project. I really dont get it.
    If I dont like a game/company/project I dont participate and do something else. But you guys, I dont know why you are so passionate to proof that SC is in your Opinion oh so bad.

    Especially when 90% of the stuff you say is or falls back to: "But they dont deliver what they said they want, they never release stuff"

    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Star Citizen is an early access, shitty game-as-a-service despite having a B2P setup. It went into that category in 2017 with the release of 3.0 as per Roberts in his eurogamer interview and many statements since then.
    I´m sorry, I dont really understand what you want to say except: "StarCitizen is Shitty", is there anywhere in this sentance that says why its Shitty?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    All other early access games are up for judging on initial release, content cadence, dev interaction/honesty/monetisation etc so there is no reason at all that Star Citizen should be any different.
    This is the only thing you are right.
    You can and should Judge StarCitizen about whats there right now.
    However that is still a subjective thing.
    -Just because you dont have fun with the stuff that you can do ingame.
    -Just because you dont like the way CIG raises its funds.
    -Just because you perceive everything CIG are flat out lies.
    -Just because you think the Devs/Project managers are the most Incompetent people on this planet.
    -> Doesnt make it a Universal Fact. These (from what I´ve seen) things, that you constantly rotate around what makes StarCitizen the worst project on the planet, are all opinions.

    To outline that, my personal Opinions on these topics:
    -> I think what I can do in StarCitizen is alot of fun. And definetly worth the Money I´ve spend. I´ve spend money on way worse games.

    -> I dont care how CIG earns their money. They dont force me to buy anything. I decide for myself what I buy.
    In my Opinion everyone is at their own fault if they Spend money on stuff they dont need/want, or dont understand that there is a Risk in Buying unfinished goods.

    -> I trust people, there is no reason for me to think CIG ever intentionally lied to me. I understand that in the Development things change, and everything they say is most likely subject to Change. I dont think everything is going to stay how it is in the game, and dont think everything will be implemented as they said years ago. As I said: This is the Risk in buying unfinished goods. Sometimes stuff just doesnt work. In my Opinion, if you cant handle that, dont buy into unfinished goods. Furthermore, I dont even follow the project as closely as all the others. (Sometimes I feel the Haters for some reason pay way more attention than the ones who are positivly passionate about it)

    -> This is the weirdest point, honestly, it doesnt concern me, ... at all. Why should I care about the Management, or workflow of any Company i´m not a part of.
    I paid a Price thats comfortably for me, into an Idea for a game. The Deal is and always was: "You give us Money, and we try our best to create this game"
    Now, I know, I dont have the Qualifications to Judge Management, Developers, or anything related, I´m just a Chef. But even if I were to work in Management, or be a dev in a small Indi Studio, I would never in my wildest dreams think, I know all the neccessary data to make an accurate judgment if the people working on SC are making a good or bad job.
    And even more so, I would think you and all the other passionate Haters dont have paid any money to CIG, or got a Refund. Why have you so much stock into this topic?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    If the game is allegedly better other than released games it should be able to stand on its own feet for comparison, there should be no need to pull out the alpha shield to protect it.
    Yes, and No.
    The problem lies in whats beeing Judged. If you would say anything currently in the game sucks. Thats a proper Opinion, where you could say: "Maybe it gets better in the Future?"

    But the most things i´ve seen that are beeing complained about are in the end about stuff thats not in the game.
    I dont see any point in that to be Honest.

    Whenever I get a Friend into StarCitizen, I personally dont say what I hope SC will have in the Future but what you can do right now. And everyone who tried it in a Free flight did think the stuff they can do is alot of fun. So, i would say: SC can stand on its own Legs. There are games that charge way more Money, and are way less fun. (And even have less stuff to do)

    But this in the end is also subjective, and a personal Opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Aww did I strike a nerve? I'm not going anywhere, I will continue to mock this sham of development for this 9+ year game that can't have 40 people online at one time without imploding 'game'. I mean I'm more than willing to discuss things, like how many things they will fail to deliver on with this roadmap, want to talk about that one?
    And why exactly do you hate StarCitizen so much that you feel the need to "mock this sham of development"?

    Are you so petty that you think other people cant have fun? (Or Earn money, if you jump on the people working for CIG)

  4. #11784
    Chris Roberts makes Andrew Wilson and Bobby Kotick green with envy. Imagine doing silly early access, live service and preorder schemes, when you can just dupe people into shelling out half a billion dollars for jpegs and tech demos.

    Truly a genius of our time, that one.

  5. #11785
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Aww did I strike a nerve? I'm not going anywhere, I will continue to mock this sham of development for this 9+ year game that can't have 40 people online at one time without imploding 'game'. I mean I'm more than willing to discuss things, like how many things they will fail to deliver on with this roadmap, want to talk about that one?

    And god when would I come back if we're waiting on the finished game, 2027?
    Sad of you to admit you're only here for the trolling. It's as if you've lost the ability to enjoy gaming and are trying to fill that void in your life at the expense of people who do enjoy it. Sad indeed.

  6. #11786
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Sad of you to admit you're only here for the trolling. It's as if you've lost the ability to enjoy gaming and are trying to fill that void in your life at the expense of people who do enjoy it. Sad indeed.
    You made an account 5 years ago and looking at its 30 page post history, it's exclusively a Star Citizen shill account. How do you even call other people trolling is beyond me. I genuinely believe you ate that shit right up in 2015 and they hired you in 2017 to do online marketing.

    KEKW

  7. #11787
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    No, its actually not Bullshit. Its the sane/healthy approach.

    There are people who enjoy StarCitizen right now, they have fun.
    And there are people who dont enjoy StarCitizen, they (probably have other alternatives).

    However its just pitiful fot the latter to spend so much time of their life beeing negativ about a project. I really dont get it.
    Can you imagine that some people who complain about the scam that is SC - are people who actually PAID for SC and still haven't got the game they were promised?

    Would you claim it's pitiful for them to complain? Should they just move on and let the SCAM continue and thus create an illusion it's not a SCAM?

    It's great that you enjoy what there is. What is pitiful though - is that you let them continue the SCAM and sucker in more "friends" (I wouldn't do that to my friends) - just because you like what little there is. it's very easy to play the "game" for free (without knowing the history behind it) and say - "yeah it's great for an unfinished game". Do you by chance inform your friends that this game has been in "development" for around 10 years and never delivered on their PROMISED deadlines, not to mention content? That they sell spaceships you can't fly, "yet"? Or maybe you are just like them got suckered in by someone else?
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  8. #11788
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You made an account 5 years ago and looking at its 30 page post history, it's exclusively a Star Citizen shill account. How do you even call other people trolling is beyond me. I genuinely believe you ate that shit right up in 2015 and they hired you in 2017 to do online marketing.

    KEKW
    Nobody is telling you to buy the game,but you are so deeply entrenched in that hating mindset that you see posting about a game people play and enjoy in it's specific thread as shilling.

    Are you also one of those odd individuals that gets rattled from seeing it improve along the years and gamers enjoying it?
    Maybe you bet on it's collapse back in 2015, or hating video-games is an escape for something else.

    Either way, doesn't seem very healthy. Specially considering that Star Citizen is here to stay. I'd suggest you make good use of the free fly and just go on a ride and admire the sheer beauty of the planets, It can be very relaxing and calming to the nerves.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-02-14 at 03:24 PM.

  9. #11789
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Can you imagine that some people who complain about the scam that is SC - are people who actually PAID for SC and still haven't got the game they were promised?

    Would you claim it's pitiful for them to complain?
    These People can get a Refund. Wheres the problem in that?
    Get a Refund, QQ a bit and move on. But whats happening is not complaining, its pure spite, you people dont want others to have fun with SC, and you dont want the people working on the game to get paid.

    But yes, its Pitifull if people take a gamble, (knowing full well that its a gamble and a risk to invest money into something that might not even see the light of the day) and then commit so much time to make the project bad, and are so spitefull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Should they just move on and let the SCAM continue and thus create an illusion it's not a SCAM?
    Its not a Scam. They are building the game. It would be a Scam if they would not intend to deliver a product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What is pitiful though - is that you let them continue the SCAM and sucker in more "friends" (I wouldn't do that to my friends) - just because you like what little there is.
    Its still not a Scam, you can cry that however you want.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    it's very easy to play the "game" for free (without knowing the history behind it) and say - "yeah it's great for an unfinished game".
    So, you admit they released something playable which is fun? And still claim its a Scam. Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Do you by chance inform your friends that this game has been in "development" for around 10 years and never delivered on their PROMISED deadlines, not to mention content? That they sell spaceships you can't fly, "yet"? Or maybe you are just like them got suckered in by someone else?
    Yes, I do.
    I tell them Specificly, and stress that the game is in Alpha, its very Unfinished, and its more likely that if they try to play the game for 4 Hours, it just might not work at all.
    And I also tell them that the game is a very very very long time away from release, and everything they see/hear/think is subject to change, and in no way or form a gurantee. Also I tell them not to spend more than 50$, or 75$ if they also are interested in a possible Singleplayer game, because thats more than enough.

    I tell the what they can do RIGHT NOW, in the game is worth the 45$ in my Opinion. And we have alot of fun the times we play together. And thats not factoring in the time I´ve spend over the years watching the videos where they explain and show of the tools they use. Because thats actually interesting.

    And no, I bought SC back in 2013 when I stumbled across it. Looked into it and thought: "Hey, that sounds Awesome, here take 100€", at that point its an Investment in the hopes of getting a return.

    If the development at some point just stops, or the game changes to something that I dont like anymore, so be it. I knew from the beginning the risks. So does everybody else I know who pledged for the game
    Its a pity people want to blame others for the money they waste.

    But its Ironic that you think people cannot think for themselves. Any rational person would inform themselves about a project before buying it, and no matter who advertises the Project would question if its "To Good to be True".

  10. #11790
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    These People can get a Refund. Wheres the problem in that?
    Get a Refund, QQ a bit and move on. But whats happening is not complaining, its pure spite, you people dont want others to have fun with SC, and you dont want the people working on the game to get paid.
    Those people can't get a refund, unless your purchase was made in the last 30 days there is no refund despite that being the terms you agreed to when you made your purchase.
    All avenues for gaining a refund stopped when Star Citizen reached early access with the release of 3.0 in 2017, they gave no notiification it would be stopping obviously.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    No, its actually not Bullshit. Its the sane/healthy approach.
    I'm going to say fans not wanting to see CIG being called out for their crap might be expected to back this notion

  11. #11791
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Sad of you to admit you're only here for the trolling. It's as if you've lost the ability to enjoy gaming and are trying to fill that void in your life at the expense of people who do enjoy it. Sad indeed.
    I'm not here for trolling, it is here to point out the flaws of Kickstarted games and their failures. I enjoy gaming quite a lot, actually. I'm glad you can make assumptions about me though, personal attacks are your form of trolling.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-02-14 at 04:41 PM.

  12. #11792
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    snip
    You obviously dont understand when you add extra features to a game the development time increases also, the game was more than doubled in size so if you didnt expect it to take at least double the development time or longer then you had unrealistic expectations, i very much doubt the origional version pitched could of been made in 4 years as they had to build up a company from nothing at the same time so the first 2-3 years development would be really slow.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #11793
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You obviously dont understand when you add extra features to a game the development time increases also, the game was more than doubled in size so if you didnt expect it to take at least double the development time or longer then you had unrealistic expectations, i very much doubt the origional version pitched could of been made in 4 years as they had to build up a company from nothing at the same time so the first 2-3 years development would be really slow.
    Again, still waiting on the quote where the scope became 10 years when it turned into a MMO. I like how you keep ignoring this request.

    Also, if it 'doubled' the game would have still been out by now. You do remember they gave release dates before right? Just admit you are making shit up.

  14. #11794
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You obviously dont understand when you add extra features to a game the development time increases also,
    And yet Chris says allegations of scope creep are "bullshit!"

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    the game was more than doubled in size so if you didnt expect it to take at least double the development time or longer then you had unrealistic expectations,
    Has it? The game was 100 systems from very early on, it had elaborate looking cities planned from early on, it had all these wonderfully deep mechanics and professions from early on. It has grown for sure but doubled? How does one even quantify that?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    i very much doubt the origional version pitched could of been made in 4 years as they had to build up a company from nothing at the same time so the first 2-3 years development would be really slow.
    So why would Chris say it could be done in 2? And why not inform people that the game would take longer because they had to find premises, equip it, headhunt etc, surely he knew he couldn't just walk into a building and it would all be ready to go?
    People like to talk about "having to build a company" but always fail to mention that CIG contracted 6+ studios to handle various parts of development or that the original plan was to not even bother building a large studio and have hundreds of employees on their payroll but to let the contractors handle the majority of it instead.

  15. #11795
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    So why would Chris say it could be done in 2?
    Something, something 10 years. Something, something, blank check.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    It has grown for sure but doubled? How does one even quantify that?
    kenn found a way. I mean it is totally fucking wrong but he found a way. Just don't try to get him to provide and sources. 10 years and all that.

  16. #11796
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Has it? The game was 100 systems from very early on, it had elaborate looking cities planned from early on, it had all these wonderfully deep mechanics and professions from early on. It has grown for sure but doubled? How does one even quantify that?
    2 million goal was 40 star systems, 6 million goal stretched to 100, over the years 10 times as many ships have been introduced or are in the cards with even more ships like the vanduul ones only for the SQ42 campaign atm, fully explorable planets instead of just landing zones increases the size of the game even further, the game has evolved from a mostly space only game to cover pretty much everything.

    An estimated release dates is just that, there is no guarantee and with how the game changed it was made irrelevant as soon as the kickstarter was completed, contracting out work doesnt work in the long term so would of only worked for making the origional game, current version of SC needed a full studio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    snip
    just do some simple math and you will see how wrong you are.

    60 extra star systems from the origional 40, at least 90 extra space ships, 3-400 planets of which most will be landable, at least 10 more chapters in the story mode, that alone doubles if not triples development time and there is many other little things included.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-14 at 08:55 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #11797
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    just do some simple math and you will see how wrong you are.
    Still waiting on this quote about the 10 years, kenn. Mind focusing on that for me?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    An estimated release dates is just that, there is no guarantee and with how the game changed it was made irrelevant as soon as the kickstarter was completed
    A good playbook for other Kickstarters to use. Yeah you funded us, but the game changed and thus the Kickstarter is irrelevant. Thanks for the money though.

  18. #11798
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    These People can get a Refund. Wheres the problem in that?
    The problem is that they cannot get a refund

    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Its not a Scam. They are building the game. It would be a Scam if they would not intend to deliver a product.
    And I'm building a monorail in your town. Wanna invest?


    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Its still not a Scam, you can cry that however you want.
    That's the problem with scams - the scammed don't see it and defend it against those who have seen it for what it is.
    Wanna buy some Herbalife?


    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    So, you admit they released something playable which is fun? And still claim its a Scam. Interesting.
    They haven't released anything. But what they have is good for an Alpha. good being a relative term, not that it's fun but compared to other alphas it's in "better" state. Because it was 8 years man. 8 fucking years. Most other alphas are 2 years old like SC was in 2015. So it compares BETTER to them. Nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Yes, I do.
    I tell them Specificly, and stress that the game is in Alpha, its very Unfinished, and its more likely that if they try to play the game for 4 Hours, it just might not work at all.
    And I also tell them that the game is a very very very long time away from release, and everything they see/hear/think is subject to change, and in no way or form a gurantee. Also I tell them not to spend more than 50$, or 75$ if they also are interested in a possible Singleplayer game, because thats more than enough.
    So you specifically don't tell them that the game was in alpha for what? 6 years now? You basically beautify the ugly truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I tell the what they can do RIGHT NOW, in the game is worth the 45$ in my Opinion. And we have alot of fun the times we play together. And thats not factoring in the time I´ve spend over the years watching the videos where they explain and show of the tools they use. Because thats actually interesting.
    And their suspension of disbelief will be quite high since it's just the alpha.
    Nice manipulation skills!
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2021-02-14 at 10:50 PM.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  19. #11799
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    snip
    Logic is all you need to work out a game is going to take longer if you add more things to it, they have stated no timeframe on in being completed as it will be finished when its finished, if you cant even work out adding more things to a game makes it take longer to develop then noone can help you understand, its around the 8th year of development so im backed up in estimating the game to take around 10 years for both versions to be completed.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  20. #11800
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Logic is all you need to work out a game is going to take longer if you add more things to it, they have stated no timeframe on in being completed as it will be finished when its finished, if you cant even work out adding more things to a game makes it take longer to develop then noone can help you understand, its around the 8th year of development so im backed up in estimating the game to take around 10 years for both versions to be completed.
    He's not arguing your base claim. He just wants you to support your figures with evidence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •