1. #11841
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.
    K you can believe it all you want a player cap of 40 says otherwise. 40 player cap is laughable for a mmo. We know you are in deep and buy everything Christ sells hook line and sinker.

  2. #11842
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.
    This is the same kind of argument that says 10000000 people can play Cyberpunk 2077 at the same time, who cares if they're on completely different systems and not playing together. This is disingenuous bullshit.

    This is supposed to be an MMO, it absolutely matters that those 20,000 people can't play together, and you're arguing in bad faith if you're going to try to say it doesn't. Each server can currently onlysupport 40 players. That's the only number that matters right now.

  3. #11843
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Posting about and enjoying a game in development should be self explanatory. If it's a finished game you're looking to discuss maybe You should come back later.
    any guestimate on when that would be??

    2030 maybe??

  4. #11844
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    any guestimate on when that would be??

    2030 maybe??
    Oh it has to be two years. The expert on the subject, kenn, said the project is a 10 year project and they are a bit over 8 years by his estimation. So 2023. Lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This is disingenuous bullshit.
    Doesn't that just sum up this game in 4 neat little words?

  5. #11845
    I was hoping to hear how the Xenothreat event went, what worked well, what worked poorly etc, or that there might be some discussion between SC fans about it. But as always nada. I swear it's like nobody even plays SC, they just want to defend it on various forums.

    Edit:
    Or maybe it was so bad that not even the fans want to talk about it?
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-02-16 at 05:29 PM.

  6. #11846
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This is the same kind of argument that says 10000000 people can play Cyberpunk 2077 at the same time, who cares if they're on completely different systems and not playing together. This is disingenuous bullshit.

    This is supposed to be an MMO, it absolutely matters that those 20,000 people can't play together, and you're arguing in bad faith if you're going to try to say it doesn't. Each server can currently onlysupport 40 players. That's the only number that matters right now.
    Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product, your just arguing in bad faith by only taking into account whats available in an alpha version of the game.

    If you wont even consider features that the game is supposed to have at launch your just creating your own goalposts to suit your own agenda, a games final product should always be taken into account.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  7. #11847
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product
    This is not true for any alpha or beta game that is out there. Once you start selling your game, you are judged on what you have NOW. Not what you will have. You think when people buy a game in EA or Alpha they will all give it a fair shake? Lol, that isn't how it works man.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    your just arguing in bad faith
    Someone is doing that, but it isn't Katchii

  8. #11848
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.
    They are on the same server - it's just the server is a cluster of machines.

    Even WoW can hold thousands of people on the same server. It's a 2004 technology.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product, your just arguing in bad faith by only taking into account whats available in an alpha version of the game.
    When your goal is to make a game with YUGE SPACE SHIP BATTLES in MULTIPLAYER for hundreds or thousands of people - the first thing you do IS THE FUCKING SERVER. Not planets, not cities, not space ships, not shooters. THE SERVER.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  9. #11849
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product, your just arguing in bad faith by only taking into account whats available in an alpha version of the game.

    If you wont even consider features that the game is supposed to have at launch your just creating your own goalposts to suit your own agenda, a games final product should always be taken into account.
    This makes absolutely no sense at all. Just stop.

  10. #11850
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product
    A product that doesn't exist yet

    your just arguing in bad faith by only taking into account whats available in an alpha version of the game.
    I'm arguing about what's available now. You're arguing about a version of the game that doesn't even exist yet and I'M the one arguing in bad faith?

    Also.... *you're

    If you wont even consider features that the game is supposed to have at launch your just creating your own goalposts to suit your own agenda, a games final product should always be taken into account.
    That final product doesn't exist yet. Therefore I can't comment or judge it. We can only judge what is happening now.

    But you can't judge me for any of this! Because when the game comes out it will be absolutely everything CIG promised and I'll be singing it's praises right alongside you! So it's unfair for you to judge me by what I'm saying now, you should judge me for what I'll be saying when this absolute dream of a game is finished, you hypocrite.

  11. #11851
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense at all. Just stop.
    So it makes no sense to make a fair judgement on a game considering what features are supposed to be in the game when its complete, im pretty sure in the past you have made claims about ED having certain features that are just being implemented now, so its ok to judge other games on future features but not star citizen, what doesnt make sense is anything out of your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    A product that doesn't exist yet



    I'm arguing about what's available now. You're arguing about a version of the game that doesn't even exist yet and I'M the one arguing in bad faith?

    Also.... *you're



    That final product doesn't exist yet. Therefore I can't comment or judge it. We can only judge what is happening now.

    But you can't judge me for any of this! Because when the game comes out it will be absolutely everything CIG promised and I'll be singing it's praises right alongside you! So it's unfair for you to judge me by what I'm saying now, you should judge me for what I'll be saying when this absolute dream of a game is finished, you hypocrite.
    I only ever judge any game on what it should have when its released, not a alpha/beta version, i never expect any game to have everything at a release as long as it has enough is good enough, i use the current version of the game as a guide only, your only ignoring what its supposed to have at launch because it suits your agenda.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-16 at 06:19 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  12. #11852
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...312-Postmortem

    "In development etc."

    I get that but things like this worry and weird me out, because it's functionally treating it as a live-game with actual, you know, deadlines.

    We had two vehicles that were introduced to the game at the IAE show that really came down to the wire in terms of their development. Ultimately, this didn’t allow us to lock down the build until a few days before the show. Because this show is open to the public in November, it had to be released as a point-patch to the Alpha 3.11 build. Not being able to lock down the build before we branched to the Alpha 3.12 build caused some file-management headaches. Critical fixes are still being made to the point release and those same fixes also need to be in the newly branched stream content. This inevitably leads to work getting stomped here and there and, at the end of the day, eats valuable time that could be used to fix other bugs or make new things. Also, some things that we intended to keep secret until a bit closer to the time of the event leaked. This was hardly a major issue, but it’s always nice to be able to surprise the fans from time to time.
    This is still an alpha. They don't have to answer to investors. Why rush out the November free-fly instead of pushing it back a few weeks to address these issues rather than eat up "valuable time" fixing something that didn't need to be deployed broken?

    This is what I'm talking about with my ongoing concerns about project management and the weird, seemingly self-defeating way the game is designed and run as it's treated as an alpha for all intents and purposes yet still acts like a proper live-service game with deadlines and in-game events etc.

    Good postmortem though, lots of good info from different teams.

  13. #11853
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chillen in Shal'Aran, under the Mana Tree
    Posts
    417
    Hey hey just popped in was just curious how this Ponzi scheme is going?

  14. #11854
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    So it makes no sense to make a fair judgement on a game considering what features are supposed to be in the game when its complete, im pretty sure in the past you have made claims about ED having certain features that are just being implemented now, so its ok to judge other games on future features but not star citizen, what doesnt make sense is anything out of your mouth.
    Stop making things up.

    What I have said before is that games should be judged for how they are now. not for their future plans. I have used things coming to Elite as a counter example solely to point out your hypocrisy, ie

    You say "Elite is crap because it doesn't have space legs"
    I say "Well if we're supposed to judge SC on their future plans then you should also do that for other games!"

    But you know this.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-02-16 at 06:29 PM.

  15. #11855
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    But you can't judge me for any of this! Because when the game comes out it will be absolutely everything CIG promised and I'll be singing it's praises right alongside you! So it's unfair for you to judge me by what I'm saying now, you should judge me for what I'll be saying when this absolute dream of a game is finished, you hypocrite.
    Oh man I tried not to laugh when I read this, I failed so hard. Thank you Katchii, this made my day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I only ever judge any game on what it should have when its released
    Cool, most people aren't like you. When I try out a game I judge on what it has NOW. I don't care what it will have later. I'm trying it now. That way I know if I need to refund or not even spend money on it in the first place. If you go for sale and take people's money, you are being judged RIGHT NOW. Period.

  16. #11856
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,367
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server....
    So its not an MMO anymore now? I wish you guys could make up your mind. Chris says it is, so you're just laughably wrong. Its not even debatable. . . .

    Like, they are working on "jesus tech" because its an MMO. Where do you come up with this dip shittery?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-02-16 at 07:13 PM.

  17. #11857
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I only ever judge any game on what it should have when its released, not a alpha/beta version, i never expect any game to have everything at a release as long as it has enough is good enough, i use the current version of the game as a guide only, your only ignoring what its supposed to have at launch because it suits your agenda.
    That future version of the game doesn't exist, there's nothing to judge, you don't know what it's going to be like, how it's going to perform or if it's ever going to exist. So, how exactly are you judging this game that doesn't exist?

    The version of the game we have right now is all we can accurately and objectively critique, alongside the behavior and track record of the person behind the project and the company that's making it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh man I tried not to laugh when I read this, I failed so hard. Thank you Katchii, this made my day.
    I'm glad it found the intended audience. lol.

  18. #11858
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So its not an MMO anymore now? I wish you guys could make up your mind. Chris says it is, so you're just laughably wrong. Its not even debatable. . . .

    Like, they are working on "jesus tech" because its an MMO. Where do you come up with this dip shittery?
    As usual you come in without even looking at the conversation and add nothing of value, what 1 person is basically saying is 40 players on a server what a pathetic MMO when the systems to make it an MMO are still being developed, and no its not jesus tech, its all things that currently exist and just have to be developed for the game and for it to work on the servers they use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That future version of the game doesn't exist, there's nothing to judge, you don't know what it's going to be like, how it's going to perform or if it's ever going to exist. So, how exactly are you judging this game that doesn't exist?

    The version of the game we have right now is all we can accurately and objectively critique, alongside the behavior and track record of the person behind the project and the company that's making it.
    There is more than enough who believe in the game CiG are making, if your not even willing to believe in the company delivering at least the basic features it needs at release then your never going to give the game a fair representation.

    As it stands now SC is better than any other similar space game around, other space games mostly just focus on 1 thing thats its good at and the rest is just average gameplay.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-16 at 08:31 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  19. #11859
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Eve battles consist on ships just sitting in one spot and getting blow up over and over, not really interesting or engaging at the very least, so no ive not been burned, if you enjoy mindless space combat then by all means.

    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...r-Citizen-Live about the 2 min 50 mark saying the game can support at least around 20k players concurrently.
    This really just showcases how shallow your understanding of the game actually is. EVE combat, while not visually appealing, is quite deep. This is moot, however, because once again you're trying to decide for an entire community what is fun or acceptable. It is obviously fun for people because nine thousand people were doing it together at the same time

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.
    I'm sorry, but it's fucking lunacy that you're actually trying to defend this stance. You can't actually believe this. You cannot believe that it matters how many people, total, can sit on the game at the same time in a discussion about the total number of players on a server, lol.
    Last edited by Henako; 2021-02-16 at 08:40 PM.

  20. #11860
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is more than enough who believe in the game CiG are making, if your not even willing to believe in the company delivering at least the basic features it needs at release then your never going to give the game a fair representation.
    I mean, of course there is. How else they would sucker people on such a huge amount of $$$? Welp, and people wonder how come games like Anthem, No Mans Sky and Marvel Avengers sell so well.

    I expect this game to release maybe even in a decent state, but light years away from what was promised. And then the biggest defenders will be the biggest ragers. As is always the case. Reality check is a bitch.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-16 at 08:58 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •