LMAO this scam is still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I mean it sounds like if they could actually manage having servers with 1000+ people simulatenously it could be a fun little minigame even now. Too bad they are all too happy shooting themselves in the foot over and over.
    Yeah. With only 40 player servers, there are certain ships in the game where you literally do not have enough people on the server to fully crew the ship.

This screenshot was taken a couple years ago, back when the servers had a 50 player cap. So right now, if you subtract 10 players from that image, that is how many players can be on a single server together at once.

I just have to wonder, how much further in development would the game be, if systems like pickpocketing weren't added.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I just have to wonder, how much further in development would the game be, if systems like pickpocketing weren't added.
    3 years later they will blame the Canadian company Turbulent for delays. They hired them to have another excuse.
    So don't expect anything before 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    r u saying theres no room for more and its fine as it is? because to me for a game where its mostly about shooting ships in space thats rather lackluster
    Out of Curiosity, what else would you do?
    That does not fall into the Category of:
    Bullets that use Ammo.
    Lasers Projectiles that use Energy instead of Ammo.
    Laser Beams
    Rockets

I mean, you said Eve online has these weapons:
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    lead shell projectiles, artillery, lasers, railguns, even recently added disintegration beams
    lead shell projectiles = Bullets
    artillery = Bullets
    lasers = lasers? Beams? Projectiles?
    railguns = Bullets
    disintegration beams = Laser Beam

I dont really see much variety in the Technicalities of the weapon. Maybe as an Eve Player you can enlighten me what the differences actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Out of Curiosity, what else would you do?
    That does not fall into the Category of:
    Bullets that use Ammo.
    Lasers Projectiles that use Energy instead of Ammo.
    Laser Beams
    Rockets

I mean, you said Eve online has these weapons:

lead shell projectiles = Bullets
    artillery = Bullets
    lasers = lasers? Beams? Projectiles?
    railguns = Bullets
    disintegration beams = Laser Beam

I dont really see much variety in the Technicalities of the weapon. Maybe as an Eve Player you can enlighten me what the differences actually are.
    Weapon types have different damage profiles and optimal ranges.
    Projectile cannons have low damage, but a super wide optimal range so you can always apply that damage well.
    Artillery is low fire rate, high damage, long optimal range (obviously for sniper built ships) with a low turn rate, so useless if you get close.
    Lasers come in a few flavors that fit the same general archetype, but don't require ammo. Instead, you swap out crystals, which you can do instantly in combat, to change your range / damage profile. These were probably my favorite weapon type when I quit playing. So versatile.
    Rails are for medium / long range kiting ships, typically. Their counterpart is Blasters, which is the "get in close and eat your bootyhole" version.
    Disintegration beams are new-ish. Damage starts low and ramps up the longer you keep it going. Damage stopping for whatever reason stops that process.

Each weapon type DRASTICALLY impacts how you're going to handle combat. This list left out a few, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Projectile cannons have low damage, but a super wide optimal range so you can always apply that damage well.
    Artillery is low fire rate, high damage, long optimal range (obviously for sniper built ships) with a low turn rate, so useless if you get close.
    Lasers come in a few flavors that fit the same general archetype, but don't require ammo. Instead, you swap out crystals, which you can do instantly in combat, to change your range / damage profile. These were probably my favorite weapon type when I quit playing. So versatile.
    Rails are for medium / long range kiting ships, typically. Their counterpart is Blasters, which is the "get in close and eat your bootyhole" version.
    Disintegration beams are new-ish. Damage starts low and ramps up the longer you keep it going. Damage stopping for whatever reason stops that process.

Each weapon type DRASTICALLY impacts how you're going to handle combat. This list left out a few, too.
    Star Citizen has more dynamic gameplay than EVE, it doesn't need dozens of variants to tweak the underlying numbers that run the spreadsheet because it has gameplay beyond clicking on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Star Citizen has more dynamic gameplay than EVE, it doesn't need dozens of variants to tweak the underlying numbers that run the spreadsheet because it has gameplay beyond clicking on things.
    Sure. My dude asked for enlightenment.

"No release timeframe was ever given"

KEK fucking W.
    I wonder where kenn went. I was waiting for his response to this one and some of the other posts that highlight actual things CIG/CR said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I wonder where kenn went. I was waiting for his response to this one and some of the other posts that highlight actual things CIG/CR said.
    They always conveniently disappear when presented with actual evidence. Then reappear 3 months later with a fresh load of bullshit. That's how this thread is 12k posts, without them it would be like 2k at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    He'll return soon enough and then we can add 20 more pages re-treading exact same things using exact same words and links by exact same people.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    He'll return soon enough and then we can add 20 more pages re-treading exact same things using exact same words and links by exact same people.
    =D
    The internet is a wonderful place...
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    LMAO this scam is still going?
    I don't think it's a scam. At least, not in the sense that Chris Roberts is defrauding backers by taking their money with no intention to deliver the product. I think he received much more money than he ever expected, and the enormous budget allowed his imagination to run wild, which in turn led to the seemingly endless bloat and feature creep we see today.

But backing the project now is enabling Roberts to keep pushing the deadlines further and further away, and in that sense I feel Roberts is being dishonest. He's selling a dream, and dreams are often hazy and indistinct. The backers get nothing concrete; they are just paying for Roberts to dream another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    This actually what I was trying to hint at. But wasnt sure if there was anything more to it.

ProSkill actually treated the "Basic Weapon Categories" as individual weapons in that case.

StarCitizen has these things aswell, (except on the Fly changable weapons with crystals).
    Different weapons have different Optimal Ranges, Projectile Speeds (Dunno if they actually factor in in Eve Online, but afaik [from the little bit of Combat I did a century ago] if a shot hits is calculated, and not when the Individual projectile hits.), and Damage efficiencies.

They always conveniently disappear when presented with actual evidence. Then reappear 3 months later with a fresh load of bullshit. That's how this thread is 12k posts, without them it would be like 2k at most.
    Haha yeah but this any future times people can just link the video and a few other things of CR talking and poof, kenn be gone. Hard to make up bullshit when CIG/CR themselves are on record saying years and what the plans were.

Y'all, keep discussion on the game and not other posters. Thanks.