1. #12761
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I dont need to back anything up, if you claiming its BS your the one that needs to actually needs to back up what you say, you cant claim something is a lie and not even give at least some small effort in attemting to prove that what you say isnt just your opinion. At least do some research and then you wouldnt prove yourself to be a fool.
    I need to back up claims of things you won't back up? What a load of bullshit

  2. #12762
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    I need to back up claims of things you won't back up? What a load of bullshit
    If your the one claiming its BS its on you to prove it wrong by providing something actually tangable.

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    By the end, this literally reads like a PR statement trying to sell me a dream... I'd be embarrassed if I posted something like this for what SC currently is.

    Let's ignore how you still supposedly put 100+ hours into ED, though
    100 hours is nothing to put into a game, you can put 100 hours into a game and still think its boring and doesnt really offer that much but there might not be many games available that offer the same gameplay so your stuck with whats available.

    Star Citizen is just a better space game plain and simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Elite Dangerous seems more like a realistic simulator to me whereas Star Citizen appears to be a more arcade-type focused on a more cinematic and curated experience. They're different in that sense, and I think it's wrong to call either one the "true space game" when they appeal to different kinds of space enthusiasts.

    And on supercruise, it's not a "glorified loading screen" because there is a lot of gameplay that happens within it (it's also based on the Alcubierre drive which I think is cool).

    But I get that some of the criticism Star Citizen receives is harsh and in some cases unfair, and that one might feel inclined to say things of similar nature as a response.
    I would hardly call ED a realistic space sim, it barely offers a space sim experience as it is, most players who enjoy space games want to be an actual player but even with the ED expansion your still mostly just a ship.

    It is a glorified loading screen the supercruise is a completely different instance of the game, just because you can see some signals and move around a little doesnt change that its just a terrible travel system, ED is built on instances upon instances. If you like it thats fine but it has no space travel feeling, if it at least was on the same map as all the planets then it might be a little better.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-16 at 04:32 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  3. #12763
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If your the one claiming its BS its on you to prove it wrong by providing something actually tangable.
    This is backwards. You made the unsupported claim, which he criticized. You're now demanding that he support his criticism of your unsupported claims. The burden of proof is on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Star Citizen is just a better space game plain and simple.
    Better for you, maybe

  4. #12764
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Star Citizen is just a better space game plain and simple.
    And here I was thinking we weren't supposed to call it a game due to it still being in alpha...

  5. #12765
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    And here I was thinking we weren't supposed to call it a game due to it still being in alpha...
    An alpha is still a version of the game and its playable.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #12766
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All you are doing is making an assumtion, you have no facts because in reality they would of been working on the story at the very least for RDR2 as the game is a prequal so much of the story for RDR2 would have to been done during the first game to give those characters a detailed backstory, game still took 9 1/2 years to develop a single player game with a very basic online mode.
    If the content of the very interview that you're using to harp on that RDR2's development started immediately after the release of RDR1 is "an assumption and no facts" (admittedly, it's understandable how you'd think I don't have any facts here as realizing this accusation makes no sense would require you to actually read that interview), then sure. Whatever lets you worm your way out of your double-think argumentation here And wow, they would have been working on the story at the very least? Thanks for admitting you don't even know what's done during pre-production during game development. That makes your "rebuttal" here all the more convincing.

    Meanwhile your newest hot take that the work on RDR2 had to begin already during the development of the first game because you have some weird-ass view on prequels (never mind that the fact RDR2 makes Arthur Morgan a key figure in John Marston's life and yet he's not mentioned even in passing in RDR1 makes it crystal clear that it was made only after the fact due to RDR1' success), which is supported with absolutely fuck all while being contradicted by Rockstar's statements is totally not an assumption on your part One that contradicts even your own earlier statements about the development of RDR2. Then again the concept of consistent argumentation hasn't stopped you so far, so why would it suddenly start now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  7. #12767
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If the content of the very interview that you're using to harp on that RDR2's development started immediately after the release of RDR1 is "an assumption and no facts" (admittedly, it's understandable how you'd think I don't have any facts here as realizing this accusation makes no sense would require you to actually read that interview), then sure. Whatever lets you worm your way out of your double-think argumentation here And wow, they would have been working on the story at the very least? Thanks for admitting you don't even know what's done during pre-production during game development. That makes your "rebuttal" here all the more convincing.

    Meanwhile your newest hot take that the work on RDR2 had to begin already during the development of the first game because you have some weird-ass view on prequels (never mind that the fact RDR2 makes Arthur Morgan a key figure in John Marston's life and yet he's not mentioned even in passing in RDR1 makes it crystal clear that it was made only after the fact due to RDR1' success), which is supported with absolutely fuck all while being contradicted by Rockstar's statements is totally not an assumption on your part One that contradicts even your own earlier statements about the development of RDR2. Then again the concept of consistent argumentation hasn't stopped you so far, so why would it suddenly start now.
    You must really suck at doing some basic research, because its stated Preliminary work on Red Dead Redemption 2 began during the development of the original game, and thats direct from history and overview of RDR2 on wiki, doesnt say when it started but it did actually start during the development of the origional game.

    Until work has actually started on the real development of a game thats when actual development starts, all this pre production time is pointless as it could start 10 years before actual development or 6 months before. So the development i count for RDR2 is from the end of the first to when it released on PC and thats 9 1/2 years, and SC development didnt really start until after the kickstarter.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  8. #12768
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I would hardly call ED a realistic space sim, it barely offers a space sim experience as it is, most players who enjoy space games want to be an actual player but even with the ED expansion your still mostly just a ship.

    It is a glorified loading screen the supercruise is a completely different instance of the game, just because you can see some signals and move around a little doesnt change that its just a terrible travel system, ED is built on instances upon instances. If you like it thats fine but it has no space travel feeling, if it at least was on the same map as all the planets then it might be a little better.
    I most definitely must have played a different Elite Dangerous from you then.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

  9. #12769
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    100 hours is nothing to put into a game, you can put 100 hours into a game and still think its boring and doesnt really offer that much
    Yeah okay maybe for you, but I'd know early if I was into a game or not and do something else if it was boring. I'd not sink over 100 hours over a period of weeks on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Star Citizen is just a better space game plain and simple.
    Opinion. Not fact.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    most players who enjoy space games
    You don't know what most players want. I don't, you don't. Don't act as if you have the answer or know.

  10. #12770
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    100 hours is nothing to put into a game
    Doesn't matter how many times you state this, it is still bullshit.

    You either didn't actually play ED for any reasonable length of time, or you genuinely put over 100 hours into the game and enjoyed it. You are allowed to have enjoyed another space game you know, right? Nobody on the face of this fucking Earth puts over 100 hours into a game they don't like, one they think has nothing whatsoever to do. What did you do for so many hours?!

    As I said before, and will only say once more, it is far more likely you pulled that 100 hour number out of your arse as something you could try and use to shit on ED and big SC up. How sad would that be if it were the case?

    Star Citizen is just a better space game plain and simple.
    Given you hilariously think that SC has more, and better, content than almost any completed game ever released right now, I'm not sure you're qualified to state this. Your opinion, as I said, is the epitome of biased.

    But by all means, prove your opinion is a fact.

  11. #12771
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I most definitely must have played a different Elite Dangerous from you then.
    ED has no realism feel at all, the supercruise is not realistic as the drive should only allow for slight movement at those speeds, not doing U turns when you miss a planet, your just flying the ship normally in supercruise so its not a very interesting system.

    Star Citizen blows ED out of the water for anything to do with realism in a space sim.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Doesn't matter how many times you state this, it is still bullshit.

    You either didn't actually play ED for any reasonable length of time, or you genuinely put over 100 hours into the game and enjoyed it. You are allowed to have enjoyed another space game you know, right? Nobody on the face of this fucking Earth puts over 100 hours into a game they don't like, one they think has nothing whatsoever to do. What did you do for so many hours?!

    As I said before, and will only say once more, it is far more likely you pulled that 100 hour number out of your arse as something you could try and use to shit on ED and big SC up. How sad would that be if it were the case?


    Given you hilariously think that SC has more, and better, content than almost any completed game ever released right now, I'm not sure you're qualified to state this. Your opinion, as I said, is the epitome of biased.

    But by all means, prove your opinion is a fact.
    At a certain point a game gets boring and you have tried just about everything it has, diablo 3 i have over 1000 hours on that and i can barely get a reason to play it anymore, so 100 hours is nothing and anytime i have tried to play it again its just boring pretty much straight away.

    Im completely bored of WoW and have years played time on that but im still playing it the bare min to raid and mythic plus.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  12. #12772
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    100 hours is nothing to put into a game, you can put 100 hours into a game and still think its boring and doesnt really offer that much but there might not be many games available that offer the same gameplay so your stuck with whats available.
    Clearly something had you hooked, otherwise you wouldn't have played it for roughly 4 DAYS. If i think a game is boring, i definitely won't reach the 100h mark, often not even the 10h milestone. No sane person spends a hundred hours in a game they think is boring, when there is a comparable one they think is the holy grail of all existence.
    And even if you come with the "yeah, but after that time", that is normal for games people enjoy to get bored of them after they've done everything they want, like hell, i played Monster Hunter World for like 700h, but i don't really log in anymore, because i got "bored" with it, having reached my goals. So it was indeed not boring, but you just reached your "goal" or whatever.
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2021-05-16 at 07:37 PM.

  13. #12773
    Can we all just agree anything Kenn says about Elite Dangerous is a complete asspull as they've never touched the game and until they show proof of playing 100 hours should definitely be ignored all together.

  14. #12774
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Can we all just agree anything Kenn says about Elite Dangerous is a complete asspull as they've never touched the game and until they show proof of playing 100 hours should definitely be ignored all together.
    0 or 100 doesn't matter. Either way hilarious because he's either making shit up or admitting he will play a game for 100 hours even if it's bad in just about every aspect and a "glorified loading screen". Just to put into context what kind of person we are arguing here.

  15. #12775
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,107
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Star Citizen blows ED out of the water for anything to do with realism in a space sim.
    Elite Dangerous has way more exciting space station landings.


    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  16. #12776
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Elite Dangerous has way more exciting space station landings.
    Its just trading with a little bit of stealth, there is no real consequences even if you do get scanned bar paying a fine so just losing money, hardly makes it exciting. The landings are the same no matter where you go in ED, you either use the docking module or go in manually, security forces are not a real threat in ED.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Clearly something had you hooked, otherwise you wouldn't have played it for roughly 4 DAYS. If i think a game is boring, i definitely won't reach the 100h mark, often not even the 10h milestone. No sane person spends a hundred hours in a game they think is boring, when there is a comparable one they think is the holy grail of all existence.
    And even if you come with the "yeah, but after that time", that is normal for games people enjoy to get bored of them after they've done everything they want, like hell, i played Monster Hunter World for like 700h, but i don't really log in anymore, because i got "bored" with it, having reached my goals. So it was indeed not boring, but you just reached your "goal" or whatever.
    You can easily play a game your not really all that interested in if there is nothing much else to play at the time, i barely have an interest in WoW anymore but log in to do a raid twice a week and do a m+, ED doesnt really have a goal to aim for the gameplay options are still the same.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-16 at 10:01 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #12777
    Ppl are still in denial that this is a scam? It's been known for like 3 years. Wow.

  18. #12778
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,107
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    there is no real consequences even if you do get scanned bar paying a fine so just losing money, hardly makes it exciting.
    The ships that were caught smuggling were blown up. That is a considerable investment loss. There are real stakes here, and it takes skill to pull off. Very exciting.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  19. #12779
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The ships that were caught smuggling were blown up. That is a considerable investment loss. There are real stakes here, and it takes skill to pull off. Very exciting.
    Money is easy as hell to make in ED, there is no risk at all but wasting a little time, the security forces are not a threat to a player at all, the ships blown up were just npc ships.

    No gameplay i see from ED makes me the least bit interested in playing it again.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  20. #12780
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Money is easy as hell to make in ED, there is no risk at all but wasting a little time, the security forces are not a threat to a player at all, the ships blown up were just npc ships.

    No gameplay i see from ED makes me the least bit interested in playing it again.
    Then don't play it! Fuck! But quit making up shit and trying to push your narrative to anyone that ever plays a game in space. You don't find it fun, fine whatever. But your opinion is only YOUR opinion. It isn't a fact.

    This is getting old~
    Someone: posts an opinion about something they find fun
    Kenn: Nuh uh, waste of time, boring.
    Someone: More fun than what I can do in SC for my tastes
    Kenn: Nuh uh, SC can do that and more someday
    Someone: I don't find SC fun and don't want to play it
    Kenn: I got bored after 100 hours in ED, shit game. Boring. SC is the best! Let me push that narrative of mine and act like someone who isn't rational or is a paid employee!
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-05-16 at 10:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •