10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/NRzC_M2MDgg

What's the difference between warbond, CCU and normal purchase again?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    https://youtu.be/NRzC_M2MDgg

What's the difference between warbond, CCU and normal purchase again?
    Warbond is a limited time sale of a ship, usually means you're getting it at a little discount and/or with something a little extra special to it. Usually happens when a new ship is coming out and during events like the Anniversary sale in November. The Hercules Starlifter recently came out ingame so there is a warbond sale going on for it.

CCU is an outdated term for upgrading your ship to a more expensive variant or a different ship. It used to be a really convoluted process, but now you just go to the website, login, click "ship upgrade", and then there is a drop down where you pick which of the ships you own and what you want to upgrade it to and how much the upgrade would cost. For example, if I wanted to upgrade my 325a to an Arrow, it would cost me $5 (not that I would because the Arrow is a single seater with no cargo capacity. I'm not giving up my ability to carry cargo and ferry other players around).

If you buy a warbond ship, and then upgrade it to a different ship, it will retain any special warbond bonuses like longer insurance and stuff. A popular tactic way back when (when Star Citizen was still pumping out a lot of concept sales) is to buy a lifetime insurance hoverbike, and then upgrade it into the ship you actually wanted, that way you would have lifetime insurance on it. Not that it really matters as insurance isn't a thing in the game yet and at this point likely never will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Also new news from SCleaks

• 4.0 supposedly aimed for late 2021/early 2022, is supposed to be tied with core tech progress (the mythical server meshing might finally make its appearance?)
    • Port Olisar will be blown up and replaced with a new station (awww)
    • Pyro is mostly done, just waiting on the servers to be fixed so that adding it doesn't make the game unplayable
    • First half of SQ42 campaign is out of white box phase (wow it only took 8 years to get the first half of your singleplayer game out of the white box phase!)
    • Also another rework for how all ships function AGAIN
    We'll see if any of these actually happen. CIG seems to be hellbent on delaying and under delivering.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-06-06 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We'll see if any of these actually happen. CIG seems to be hellbent on delaying and under delivering.
    Oh, never would've believed the make another rework of one of the main features in the game. The whole monetization thing is their downfall (not only because of feature creep), but needing to have a whole lot of ships fly-ready when you really don't have a clue how the ship systems are gonna work in the end is great. Man it would suck for CIG, if they only had like one ship of each type (and not in final art even) to be able to rework them to new system in a week by one guy, instead of 6 months by 10 guys.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Warbond is a limited time sale of a ship, usually means you're getting it at a little discount and/or with something a little extra special to it. Usually happens when a new ship is coming out and during events like the Anniversary sale in November. The Hercules Starlifter recently came out ingame so there is a warbond sale going on for it.

CCU is an outdated term for upgrading your ship to a more expensive variant or a different ship. It used to be a really convoluted process, but now you just go to the website, login, click "ship upgrade", and then there is a drop down where you pick which of the ships you own and what you want to upgrade it to and how much the upgrade would cost. For example, if I wanted to upgrade my 325a to an Arrow, it would cost me $5 (not that I would because the Arrow is a single seater with no cargo capacity. I'm not giving up my ability to carry cargo and ferry other players around).

If you buy a warbond ship, and then upgrade it to a different ship, it will retain any special warbond bonuses like longer insurance and stuff. A popular tactic way back when (when Star Citizen was still pumping out a lot of concept sales) is to buy a lifetime insurance hoverbike, and then upgrade it into the ship you actually wanted, that way you would have lifetime insurance on it. Not that it really matters as insurance isn't a thing in the game yet and at this point likely never will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Also new news from SCleaks

Getting server meshing in would be one of the things they should be hell bent on delivering so that the rest of the experience can grow. Redesigning mechanics because what they've worked on wasn't up to snuff isn't a big deal assuming it doesn't take too long, but knowing CIG, it'll take too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Getting server meshing in would be one of the things they should be hell bent on delivering so that the rest of the experience can grow. Redesigning mechanics because what they've worked on wasn't up to snuff isn't a big deal assuming it doesn't take too long, but knowing CIG, it'll take too long.
    They know how important server meshing is and I have no doubt they are working on it.

The problem is that they can't get it to work in the ways they need it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh I know, I remember his first posts, some of them were quite good. Account created for this thread specifically.
    Yup, check the post area: 1600 posts in this thread. Next most posted area: 38. It's amazing this account hasn't been banned, and is another instance of bad moderation on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They know how important server meshing is and I have no doubt they are working on it.

The problem is that they can't get it to work in the ways they need it.
    Apparently this essential piece of tech has been handed off to a website company.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Apparently this essential piece of tech has been handed off to a website company.
    Because they can't get it to work. Now either the other company can get it to work (i'm doubtful) or Chris can point at the other company and say "its their fault, they can't get it to work".

Makes perfect sense for someone with a to big ego to find a fall guy to blame.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You know when it finally crashes and burns the faithful will say, "It's only because of all the negativity!"
    I would fucking die laughing if Chris pulls a Phish

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when me and my buddy were super excited for the game

The hype about the death system and blowing up ships and doing whatever you want was great
    He was gonna be essentially U-Haul in space and I was gonna rob the client afterwards

The hyp died somewhere between them blowing money on a door and me reading about how getting the reflection on one helmet was a bullet point in a quarterly goal

The fact we see people saying “he’s building his dream game that’s what you paid for” is sad levels of copium poisoning

The truth is that the game got overfunded and the creator has no clue how the whole game development thing works and he went from “I’m not gonna port it to consoles because I don’t wanna deliver a game that is lesser” to “give me $25 for these paint schemes in the alpha”

The game has made almost no progress in the last 5 years and that’s because instead of focusing on making the game work they just keep adding more garbage on top of it. The quarterly goal of getting quest npcs working was years ago

The single player game is so underdeveloped it essentially doesn’t exist

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because they can't get it to work. Now either the other company can get it to work (i'm doubtful) or Chris can point at the other company and say "its their fault, they can't get it to work".

Makes perfect sense for someone with a to big ego to find a fall guy to blame.
    I do think that is part of it but I believe the real issue is that Chris has found another way to profit from this. Offloading it to a company he has 25% stake in is only going to return money to his pocket. I would love to know how much Turbulent are billing for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Oh, never would've believed the make another rework of one of the main features in the game. The whole monetization thing is their downfall (not only because of feature creep), but needing to have a whole lot of ships fly-ready when you really don't have a clue how the ship systems are gonna work in the end is great. Man it would suck for CIG, if they only had like one ship of each type (and not in final art even) to be able to rework them to new system in a week by one guy, instead of 6 months by 10 guys.
    Yeah if only there was not a manchild megalomaniac at the helm...

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Yeah if only there was not a manchild megalomaniac at the helm...
    CR stated from the very beginning he wants to make his dream game so thats what the players are backing, CR cares about a quality game where as other CEOs focus on making money as a first priority and it usually ends up with a game being released unfinished, CR is making a game never been done before and is already giving the players one of the best space games currently available even in an alpha.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    CR stated from the very beginning he wants to make his dream game so thats what the players are backing, CR cares about a quality game where as other CEOs focus on making money as a first priority and it usually ends up with a game being released unfinished, CR is making a game never been done before and is already giving the players one of the best space games currently available even in an alpha.
    Naaah he is megalomaniac manchild who was never able to finish a product when not on a short leash. He will never finish star citizen, he will milk idiots till he is prosecuted and then would try to shift blame.

But please, go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Naaah he is megalomaniac manchild who was never able to finish a product when not on a short leash. He will never finish star citizen, he will milk idiots till he is prosecuted and then would try to shift blame.

But please, go on.
    Noone else is developing a space game even close to what CR is offering with star citizen, thats why so many are backing him because he is not scared to go for the game he actually wants to make, you have a fundamental lack of understanding about what it actually takes to make a game that has never been done before.

No MMO is ever complete and star citizen will continue to be developed as long as the game is operational just like every other MMO that is still running. SQ42 will also continue for multiple stories.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea...all those *other* CEOs with games in Alpha-state with micro-transaction stores selling objects in game for hundreds of dollars... THEY are the ones who are only in it for the money.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Noone else is developing a space game even close to what CR is offering with star citizen, thats why so many are backing him because he is not scared to go for the game he actually wants to make, you have a fundamental lack of understanding about what it actually takes to make a game that has never been done before.

No MMO is ever complete and star citizen will continue to be developed as long as the game is operational just like every other MMO that is still running. SQ42 will also continue for multiple stories.
    Funny thing is, CR isn't offering anything either because SC has yet to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Funny thing is, CR isn't offering anything either because SC has yet to be released.
    You seem to lack an understanding that even an alpha can still offer what many fully released games are still unable to.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yea...all those *other* CEOs with games in Alpha-state with micro-transaction stores selling objects in game for hundreds of dollars... THEY are the ones who are only in it for the money.
    Yes they are mostly in it for the money since they want to push out a product even when it is not ready, this has been proven many times over with multiple game releases that many games still need at least another year of development before they are suitable for release.

CiG are generating money to develop a game, not just to make as much profit as possible on a game that actually needs more development time but still gets pushed out anyway.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-06-09 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Kenn still not banned? Like, how is this not considered trolling or something? I don't get it.

OT: Did some research into the company they handed server meshing off to and...RIP. This is never going to be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to lack an understanding that even an alpha can still offer what many fully released games are still unable to..
    And you keep lying saying SC is doing this. Its not. Not a single ship, game system, or loop is complete.

Why the fuck do you keep lying about this? You know we've all played right? Stop fucking lying.

- - - Updated - - -

CiG are generating money to develop a game, not just to make as much profit as possible on a game that actually needs more development time but still gets pushed out anyway.
    More lies.

CRobberts sold like $4.5 million of his own options to Calder Family. its not even debatable.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-06-09 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Star Citizen seems to embody the saying "jack of all trades, master of none" and the Jurassic Park quote of "[...]so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

Cramming literally everything into a game that is still barely alpha after a decade is not something I'd be trying to tout, personally.
    Actually for SC it's more like "whether or not they should, they don't stop to think if they could".