Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is there any long range andromeda loadout yet for 3.14? the combat is sooo close now it makes me wanna vomit. its worse than WW2

i mean, keep it close for small ships that are supposed to dogfight, but give larger vessels more range, like it is in EVE Online.
    maybe not 40km+ snipers, but at least that 4-5km range

and what the fuck is up with ballistic guns now. 5 seconds of firing and need to restock them which takes couple of minutes???
    i know theyre supposed to make a quick work of the hull once the shields are down, but fuck me, i prefer energy guns which can take out shields AND hull, and replenish themselves
    Dude its just year 2951, wait another 600 years for ballistic weapon improvements.

Or truth is SC devs are really really bad. CR can't afford better devs since he is busy getting paid twice from backer money.

Hopefully the new combat changes will be reversed. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It will release when its ready, its been around 9 years in development
    And still will be as long as people are donating monies. Keep dreaming about release tho, its all whats left from it.

cant open page 686 of this thread. wtf

edit: had to post to see it. weird
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And still will be as long as people are donating monies. Keep dreaming about release tho, its all whats left from it.
    games are taking longer to develop, games like cyberpunk and RDR2 took 8-9 years so when you actually pay attention to what SC is doing then 9 years is not that long, CiG did have to build a company from nothing to that is a good few years of slow development, plus many of the things they are doing have never been done together in a game, star citizen is probably the hardest game to make for any company.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Sharing what I feel like it's an insightful video about Star Citizen that just so happens to corroborate most of what most Star Citizen fans crave about the game...

cant open page 686 of this thread. wtf

edit: had to post to see it. weird
    Have you tried multicrewing your Constelation? Grab to other players to man your turrets and a third to fly the parasite ship and even a forth for the missiles!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    star citizen is probably the hardest game to make for any company.
    Good thing you added that probably part. SC with pie in the sky ideas maybe, but what they are working on now and what they have put out? Ehhh..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    what they are working on now
    Supposedly the next star system, Pyro, is almost finished. The Pyro system is supposed to be unpopulated and bathed in radiation. You're supposed to be exploring it, dangerous territory (solar flares that can roast your ship? Pirates? Vanduul fleets?). The surface of one of the planets is supposed to have this tentacle creature that disguises itself as a rock and then ambushes you. Supposedly you'll be able to kill it and cut it's tentacles off as a trophy you can wear, and use its carapace to make an armor. Too bad they can't implement it until their servers are fixed (ETA unknown).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    snip
    We'll see it when it's actually out.

Still does not really support the claim that was made of "star citizen is probably the hardest game to make for any company." line that was tossed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Still does not really support the claim that was made of "star citizen is probably the hardest game to make for any company." line that was tossed out.
    I mean...it kinda is. The expansive feature set, the complex interwoven systems, the absolutely bonkers scope, the quality they're trying to meet for all of it etc.

It's arguably the most ambitious/difficult game that's been in development, and how long it's been in production (from early pre-production to full-scale production) and how much longer it still has to go speaks to that. It blows the timelines for major MMO's or a GTA V or RDR2 etc. out of the water, including when it comes to the development budget which exceeds the combined development/marketing budgets for just about any game I can think of. Whether that's all a good thing is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...it kinda is. The expansive feature set, the complex interwoven systems, the absolutely bonkers scope, the quality they're trying to meet for all of it etc.

It's arguably the most ambitious/difficult game that's been in development, and how long it's been in production (from early pre-production to full-scale production) and how much longer it still has to go speaks to that. It blows the timelines for major MMO's or a GTA V or RDR2 etc. out of the water, including when it comes to the development budget which exceeds the combined development/marketing budgets for just about any game I can think of. Whether that's all a good thing is another matter.
    "it kinda is" is not exactly a ringing endorsement to 'probably the hardest game to make for any company.' Sure the scope and ambition for the game in theory is massive, will they ever get all of it out there? Doubt it. CIG decided to let feature creep rule them and you can see for yourself how far away this game is from launching. How much longer it still has to go also speaks to feature creep, redoing things over and over, not having a clue what they are doing, mismangement, time wasting, and so on.

Time will tell how far along they got before having to push it out or give up. Eventually this project will be 'finished' one way or another. Will it truly be the 'hardest game to make for any company'? That is very debatable.

The expansive feature set
    No contests here, Chris is an expert at feature creep.

the complex interwoven systems
    Highly debatable, so far most of the presented systems are actually quite orthogonal rather than interwoven, and "complex" might be a stretch too. They do do put a lot of bells and whistles on the details though, which makes it shiiiiny.

the absolutely bonkers scope
    Yeah, the desired scope, for certain. Current scope? Meh. (Assuming we are talking about scope of content here)

the quality they're trying to meet for all of it
    No doubt. But they shouldn't forget they are making a game at the end of the day.

It's arguably the most ambitious/difficult game that's been in development, and how long it's been in production (from early pre-production to full-scale production) and how much longer it still has to go speaks to that. It blows the timelines for major MMO's or a GTA V or RDR2 etc. out of the water, including when it comes to the development budget which exceeds the combined development/marketing budgets for just about any game I can think of.
    Spending a lot of time and money developing something is hardly proof that it's hard to make or ambitious or whatever. It could just mean they haven't done a very good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Have you tried multicrewing your Constelation? Grab to other players to man your turrets and a third to fly the parasite ship and even a forth for the missiles!

i did have to for my VHRT certification. everything is harder to kill now. VHRT was a breeze before 3.14.
    i completed it with a random guy on one of my turrets. first i failed it as he killed the target and u cant share certs, but on the second try he didnt shoot after targets shield went down.
    i think i need to start collecting money for some other solo-pilot ship for VHRT/ERTs, a more agile one
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points

Never mind the fact that it's a crowdfunded project that there was basically no studio/staff, and that they are making 2 games at the same time.
    Just those 3 facts alone increase the complexity by a tenfold at least.

As for Pyro, they've been showing bits of it along the year but it should be properly showcased in their main yearly convention in October. If I was CIG I'd do the demo starting in Crusader's Orison and then jump to Pyro System and land in one of the harshest planets for the contrast alone. There's still Nyx System and Odin being actively worked on that we know off:

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-08-12 at 09:01 AM.

it still brings me to page 685, eventhough there is 686 available, and i keep pressing 'Last' button. moderators??????

- - - Updated - - -

whats the difference between omnisky XV and m7a? both are laser cannons
    and
    omnisky XII and m6a? both are laser cannons

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    it still brings me to page 685, eventhough there is 686 available, and i keep pressing 'Last' button. moderators??????
    It's a "bug" on the forums. posts get deleted but it doesn't delete the page. after awhile they will sync back up.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

whats the difference between omnisky XV and m7a? both are laser cannons

According to Erkrul.Games, both weapons are exactly the same in terms of DPS. The only difference is that the M7As and the M6As give you a very tiny, slightly higher IR and EM signature than the Omniskys, but the difference is so miniscule it literally doesn't matter and stealth is borked anyway.

Despite being almost exactly the same, the M7A is 20k credits more expensive than the Omnisky XV. Not sure this means that the M7A will be rebalanced to actually do more DPS than the Ominksy XV, or if the price will be brought down, or what. I'm not sure if that website has been updated yet to account for the new rebalance, so it might be different right now ingame. That said, paying an extra 40k for a pair of guns that might turn out to be better can't hurt.

i probably should have asked what was the difference before 3.14, because as u said now theyre pretty much identical for testing purposes. bought both sets anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Something like this:

Constelation is way more tankier in 3.14
    now when i switched to cannons doing VHRTs in andromeda is fun again, at least for me - a solo pilot
    i just like the longer range, fits my playstyle, and the durability of shields while still having great firepower makes it a spacetank i wanted.
    glad that i bought it