Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    If you play on a private WoW server you're still playing a mmo even if you don't have thousands of other players around.
    Battlefield 1942..max player nr 64..still not MMO....oopsie...

You're mixing game genre with game experience.

If you play a mmo game, designed to be a mmo, with the world size, features and activities typical of a mmo in it you're playing a mmo. It doesn't matter if you play solo, with friends or a huge group.
    You're still playing a mmo.

You might not be experiencing it at the fullest of the intended design but that doesn't change the game's definition.

When I play flight simulator with all the settings turned to arcade, I'm still playing a flight simulator, even if the experienced is very dumbed down.

Yes, exactly, designed to be a massive multiplayer online, as in, with a MASSIVE player cap.

50 is not massive by any means, just one BG in WoW holds up to 80 players.

SC is certainly planned to be an MMO, but as it stands, it’s not, as servers struggle to even deal with the current 50-player cap.

If I make a single-player open-world sandbox RPG with the “world size, features and activities typical of a mmo”, and just slap “MMO” into its definition because I’m a lying piece of shit, it still doesn’t make it an MMO, as the genre “MMO” comes from the capability to actually host MASSIVE amounts of players at the same time.

Jfc, the ability to pick up the tiniest simple things and turning them into some sort of an attack to the project that needs to be defended it in the most absurd way possible is just fucking impressive… like, it doesn’t even matter, the fucking thing still in a pre-alpha state, it still only has a fraction of the planned content, it would be dumb to waste resources at this point trying to host a “MASSIVE” amount of players, like, it’s not an MMO, but it’s being developed to become one… but clearly that’s not enough, got to make a clown out of yourself by going into extreme mental gymnastics cuz dem haters said it’s otherwise, lol.

As much as it hurts you a mmo in development is always a mmo in development.

Just like when RIOT announced they are making a mmo they don't need to provide a video of their game world holding thousands of players.

When I choose to play WoW alone I'm my server I'm still playing a mmo. Even if I'm not getting the fullest extent of the mmo experience.

When I choose to play WoW alone I'm my server I'm still playing a mmo. Even if I'm not getting the fullest extent of the mmo experience.
    True, for WoW. Not currently true for Star Citizen. The "MM" part of "MMO" is quite important in this instance.

Within WoW, while you may be going about your business on your lonesome, you are still on a server with hundreds and hundreds of players at the same time, with the chance to play parts of the game with quite a lot of them.

Within SC, as it stands right now, you are limited to a maximum of 50 players per server. That is certainly not "massively" as a typical MMO would see it.

Will SC be more accurately considered an MMO in the future? I hope so. For now, though, it just isn't. Maybe drop that first "M" and we're on to something.

True for every game in the purest genre.

If I play Fortnite alone im still playing a Battleroyal Game.

If I play CounterStrike against bots alone I'm still playing CS.

If I play with my friends I'm still playing football.

One person personal experience doesn't define the definition of a games concept, just the context.

I'm not interested in redefining genres as pathetically as this just so I can call a game that will be an MMO in the future, an MMO right now. This is sad, you're better than this nonsense.

SC is not currently a Massively Multiplayer Online game, it is at best a Multiplayer Online game. That's just the reality. This isn't a bad thing, it merely reflects the current "alpha" state of the game, I don't know why the defence is so desperate.

aaand he got banned xd
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    aaand he got banned xd
    Yeah...Myobi has a tendency to self own.
    How do they say over there?
    We have pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    aaand he got banned xd
    It’s okay ;_; Moderation here is sort of like Star Citizen, broken and confusing.

… and now I’ll make it even worse by making this totally NOT an alt-account.

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Trolling
    -------
    Please post productively and refrain from posting meme-images to bait others.
    Meanwhile...

i.kym-cdn .com/photos/images/original/000/912/893/07f.jpg

Keep on hating! Funding must grow!
    He clearly must have some dunk memes posting rights that I’m lacking.

Yeah...Myobi has a tendency to self own.
    How do they say over there?
    We have pity.
    Like this for example, totally doesn't fall under “trolling” nor “minor spam” too...

Nor this:

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What the hell kinda thread is this anyway? Saw a guy get banned on the spot for "Is the game out yet?"
    Meanwhile moderators go brrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What will happen first: Star Citizen releases, or SpaceX lands starship on the Moon?
    Totally not trolling too.

It’s why I don’t really bother much with this forum anymore, you just can’t really take it serious, they want to enforce some strict carebare rules, no pictures, no jokes, no fun allowed, but only at times and for some people. Thus why I just have that account to pop in here every couple of months, poke a little bit of fun at the mentally disabled, watch them all butthurt smashing that report button, have a giggle, get banned again, go back to my own stuff, repeat, it’s the cycle of life : )

Reminder, do not discuss moderation or other posters. Keep discussion on Star Citizen please, thanks y'all.

Looking forward to CitizenCon this year. Last year Chris got what he wanted - a perfect excuse to cancel the whole thing and not even host a digital event.

The reason they didn't go digital like any modern company is is because they had nothing to show. Won't fly two years in a row.

BTW, still waiting for SQ42 episode 1.

In Chris' December 2020 letter he was dissing himself when he was talking about release dates. "I don't wanna talk about dates". He should've had that approach in 2015, would've avoided totally butchering their own image and reputation.

I've seen nothing amazing about Star Citizen's progress as usual. If you go on the roadmap, they're now talking about reflections. So cool, right?
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2021-09-07 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    If you go on the roadmap, they're now talking about reflections. So cool, right?
    That reminds me more of Trials of Ascension with every passing day.

Radar and Scanning Tutorial that goes into the changes introduced with 3.14 update:

wtf ive lost like 4m aUEC. yday i had about 7.5m
    today its 3.8m wtffffffffffffff

for the time a sucker invests in their piece of junk game they know how to reward it
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

It's been reported by many players, credits not being registered and sometimes come back, fortunately I haven't been bitten by that bug, yet.

Don't stress that much, after all if you explain in chat what happened thw community will most likely shower you with credits just for the trouble.

Do Not Go Gentle Into Star Citizen
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-09-07 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Won't change anything unless CIG actually has penalties imposed upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    CiG has it stated on every single ship sale if its a concept or flyable in the game and have done for quite some time, but regardless if a ship is available or not its in alpha not every ship has to be available and everyone gets a loaner ship if one is not available anyway.

Buying a ship not available is no different to buying a pre order.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen