1. #13781
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    CiG has it stated on every single ship sale if its a concept or flyable in the game and have done for quite some time, but regardless if a ship is available or not its in alpha not every ship has to be available and everyone gets a loaner ship if one is not available anyway.

    Buying a ship not available is no different to buying a pre order.
    ASA was quite clear and CiG changed their marketing. But I am sure you know better than them, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  2. #13782
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reminder, do not discuss moderation or other posters. Keep discussion on Star Citizen please, thanks y'all.
    Considering everything that has been written in this thread, this is an utterly ridiculous comment.

  3. #13783
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    CiG has it stated on every single ship sale if its a concept or flyable in the game and have done for quite some time, but regardless if a ship is available or not its in alpha not every ship has to be available and everyone gets a loaner ship if one is not available anyway.

    Buying a ship not available is no different to buying a pre order.
    I don't even know why you went off on this rant, it's clear what was lacking and CIG fixed it. You don't need to fight everything like your life is at stake.

  4. #13784
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    I don't even know why you went off on this rant, it's clear what was lacking and CIG fixed it. You don't need to fight everything like your life is at stake.
    He is being paid to do so.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  5. #13785
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    ASA was quite clear and CiG changed their marketing. But I am sure you know better than them, right?
    I cant remember for 100% but im sure the ships has always had the little note above buying options if its flight ready or concept or something in between, its pretty standard you would look into a purchase to see when its available in the first place, but currently its no different from a pre order so its the buyers fault if they dont pay attention when buying something in the first place.

    Its pretty clear everyone knows star citizen is in development and not all ships are complete, and when a new ship just comes out of nowhere its obviously still a concept ship or your just an idiot to think it should be flyable straight away.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-09 at 12:14 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #13786
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I cant remember for 100% but im sure the ships has always had the little note above buying options if its flight ready or concept or something in between, its pretty standard you would look into a purchase to see when its available in the first place, but currently its no different from a pre order so its the buyers fault if they dont pay attention when buying something in the first place.

    Its pretty clear everyone knows star citizen is in development and not all ships are complete, and when a new ship just comes out of nowhere its obviously still a concept ship or your just an idiot to think it should be flyable straight away.
    Yeah you must be a real idiot to think something in a cash shop isn't useable right away. Damn people are stupid. Oh wait you mean the vast majority of games with cash shops you can actually use what you purchase? What a novel idea, maybe SC should learn how to do that.

    I like how you defend CIG on their disclaimer and then the next post claim you can't remember if it has always been there. Keep on going man, that hole just gets dug deeper and deeper.

  7. #13787
    Another non issue turned into drama by haters as usual and debunked by anyone with a brain and willing to use it:

    I'll post my same comment as last time:

    This is a nothingburger.

    Here is the ASA process:

    https://www.asa.org.uk/about-asa-and...omplaints.html

    It got as far as step 2:

    > Sometimes we’ll decide that there’s a problem under the rules but that the issues raised don’t call for us to investigate. In these cases we’ll write to the advertiser providing appropriate guidance. As we prefer to work by persuasion and agreement, some complaints can be resolved quickly and informally by working with an advertiser to have an ad changed or get a name taken off a mailing list. Informally resolved cases aren’t put before the ASA Council, so no ruling is published.

    Literally not a big enough deal to actually investigate in order to make an official ruling, they instead provided informal advice to CIG based on their initial impression which would itself have been based on very limited information provided by this "backer" (that is actually someone from the refund sub that spends their life trying to kill this game and absolutely knew what a concept ship was) and therefore cannot be trusted to be true.

    If there had been an official investigation CIG could have argued that the phrase "concept ship" was well understood by the audience for the email (i.e. star Citizen backers, it's not like the email was being sent to random people) and therefore not misleading, but why bother when all the ASA asked them to do was include the same disclaimer that was already on their website when you buy the ships.

    > The ASA told Eurogamer that the complainant challenged whether the ad was misleading because it wasn't sufficiently clear the ship was a concept design **that may never materialise**.

    This was a lie that the complainant told the ASA, and which we've already argued about in the past. All concept ships are committed to be made, this is noted in the disclaimer added by CIG.

    > "This means that the vehicle is in development but is not yet ready to display in your Hangar or fly in Star Citizen. **It will be available as playable content in a later patch.** In the future, the vehicle price may increase and Lifetime Insurance or any extras may not be available."

    Not "may", **will** be available. The number of concept ships that CIG has abandoned after people paid for them is 0.

    OP lied to the ASA, and continues to lie. The ASA provided informal advice and the issue was dealt with, and now he's pushing it for all its worth as part of a massive grudge against the company making the game.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...dtiw/-/hc2wvk8

    TLDR: Just a desperate refundie being dishonest to push drama and manipulate the sheep as usual.

  8. #13788
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reminder, do not discuss moderation or other posters. Keep discussion on Star Citizen please, thanks y'all.
    Okay, where can people discuss such issues then? Because clearly shit just doesn’t work as it was supposed to... I know it’s not a matter of favoritism towards users, but it is extremely random, it’s like it all depends on the current mood of the mod who stumbles upon the report, for example I’ve MrAnderson ignoring moderator warnings without getting infracted for it, I’ve seen him replying with memes, I’ve seen him calling people shit, and I also seen him getting infracted for dumb shit that honestly, he shouldn’t have been, and that goes for everyone else, not just here, but in the entire bloody place…

    How fair is it, to get a temporary ban on the spot for typing something “is it out yet?” when tons of users, including moderators have been doing it since pretty much the thread started?

    Why is a harmless joke considered “minor-spam”, while celebrating a user getting banned okay?

    Hell, why can’t MrAnderson just call me a fucking cunt but I can stand here after openly admitting that I infringed the “circumventing a ban or suspension” and just be “fine” with it?

    I hope you understand this isn’t personal, I not mad at any specific moderators, nor it is about any specific users. I just honestly think that the rules are ridiculously obtuse, and the system is pure shit, all it does is promoting passive-aggressive behavior, where users will constantly attempt walk that thin grey line while using the report button just out of spite for each other.

    That said, now give me my points, I’ll see you all next month!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    We have pity.
    Pity? Self-own? There is a reason behind the nickname my dude. Besides, I’m not the one with a decade old account dedicated solely to shill for a business company, I’m also not the hypocrite fool high on his own farts getting massively butthurt every time someone is remotely critical about a video game project, often accusing them of being “haters” while simultaneously shitting on multiple different games as a poor ass attempt at making Star Citizen somehow look superior… hell, it’s not my arrogant ass giving other backers shit whenever they dare to mention anything remotely negative towards the damn thing either…

    … I don’t think it’s on me that you should be wasting that pity my friend, I just pass by here once or twice a month to get my free lulz and bans.

    In all seriousness now, it’s sort of sad, I previously shared my recent experience with the free flight event, and as I stated, one of the thing I actually enjoyed, surprisingly, was the community, while I was unfortunate enough to stumble upon someone like you in the game, overall my experience with it was extremely positive, mostly chill, helpful and really respectful people, people that get a bad reputation and meme’d upon for being “mindless cultist” thanks to the zealous members of the community such as yourself, sort of ironic, that you have been at this so strongly for almost a decade now, without realizing that you’ve been hurting the project far more than all “dem haters” put together in this fucking place, you silly little man.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That reminds me more of Trials of Ascension with every passing day.
    That’s actually still going…

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFPpAvU9DQ

    Apparently the 3 stooges sold it to some dude *shrug

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    He is being paid to do so.
    You must be utterly mad to actually believe someone would actually pay Kenn to defend shit at all when he can’t even go one page without contradicting himself. They do it because they let themselves get emotionally attached, supposedly it’s going to be everything they ever dreamed about, plus it’s their own money on the line… therefore anything remotely negative towards the damn thing must be deflected at any fucking cost, it’s why you have you have people here turning rocks to somehow justify that a video game with a 50-player cap is a “massive multiplayer online” game, it might become one, eventually, maybe, but just that isn’t enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its pretty clear everyone knows star citizen is in development and not all ships are complete, and when a new ship just comes out of nowhere its obviously still a concept ship or your just an idiot to think it should be flyable straight away.
    LOL! “everyone who thinks they are actually getting shit after paying hundreds to thousands of dollars for a “microtransaction” in this game that is still in development is a fucking idiot!”, and you people actually believe stuff like this is getting paid for… dear lord.

    Also, another Schrödingertizen full circle, it’s already release, it has more content than other games, all others online games are constantly being developed, but at same time THIS is okay because the game is still in development. What a clown world we live in…

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    manipulate the sheep as usual.
    Roflmao, I love this.

  9. #13789
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Another non issue turned into drama by haters as usual and debunked by anyone with a brain and willing to use it:

    TLDR: Just a desperate refundie being dishonest to push drama and manipulate the sheep as usual.
    Click the link you just posted. A post downvoted into oblivion and his logic trashed in the replies. Did you honestly sort by Controversial to try to find people mindlessly defending CIG?

    And you talk about desperate.

    You literally can't make this up, the guy you posted is delusional.

    http://prntscr.com/1rmzo0h

    http://prntscr.com/1rmzs1g
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2021-09-09 at 06:53 PM.

  10. #13790
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Click the link you just posted. A post downvoted into oblivion and his logic trashed in the replies. Did you honestly sort by Controversial to try to find people mindlessly defending CIG?

    And you talk about desperate.
    I mean come on a post with a negative 43 rating on reddit has to be a good post, right? It is about par for the course when it comes to defending the practices of CIG. Many ships they sold early on are still not in the game, years later. That is disgusting. One nice thing about reddit is that really stupid posts get downvoted into oblivion because people know how stupid the shit being said was.

  11. #13791
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean come on a post with a negative 43 rating on reddit has to be a good post, right? It is about par for the course when it comes to defending the practices of CIG. Many ships they sold early on are still not in the game, years later. That is disgusting. One nice thing about reddit is that really stupid posts get downvoted into oblivion because people know how stupid the shit being said was.
    Exactly. Read his other replies too - it's like the guy is pretending to be a time traveler.

  12. #13792
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Exactly. Read his other replies too - it's like the guy is pretending to be a time traveler.
    People even call out of some of the reddit posters for only posting in SC related reddit posts with their cult like defense of the game as if they are fanatics or being paid to do so. Rings awfully familiar, I wonder if some people in this thread are in the SC related reddit threads making disingenuous posts there? Nah...

  13. #13793
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    They should stop advertising developing a game they're clearly not capable of developing to begin with.

  14. #13794
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They should stop advertising developing a game they're clearly not capable of developing to begin with.
    Can't, then the money dries up and the entire thing implodes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  15. #13795
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I cant remember for 100% but im sure the ships has always had the little note above buying options if its flight ready or concept or something in between, its pretty standard you would look into a purchase to see when its available in the first place, but currently its no different from a pre order so its the buyers fault if they dont pay attention when buying something in the first place.

    Its pretty clear everyone knows star citizen is in development and not all ships are complete, and when a new ship just comes out of nowhere its obviously still a concept ship or your just an idiot to think it should be flyable straight away.
    What does your blah blah blah have to do with the fact that CiG changed things after ASA report? Why would they have done so if all was fine and good "and everyone understood everything"? Accept the reality and move on. At least for once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  16. #13796
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I cant remember for 100% but im sure the ships has always had the little note above buying options if its flight ready or concept or something in between, its pretty standard you would look into a purchase to see when its available in the first place, but currently its no different from a pre order so its the buyers fault if they dont pay attention when buying something in the first place.

    Its pretty clear everyone knows star citizen is in development and not all ships are complete, and when a new ship just comes out of nowhere its obviously still a concept ship or your just an idiot to think it should be flyable straight away.
    Maybe they shouldn’t sell a concept

    This game makes mining sound fun but fuck me if I can hold interest until 2030 when the beta hits while the company tries to sell ideas to the people still paying

    This was gonna be a great space sim but even no man’s sky is getting better

  17. #13797
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Maybe they shouldn’t sell a concept
    That's literally the entire business model of crowdfunding though. It's easy enough to just make sure you have the necessary disclaimers.

  18. #13798
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's literally the entire business model of crowdfunding though. It's easy enough to just make sure you have the necessary disclaimers.
    Yeah but at some point there is a limit isn't there? I mean how many new ships do they need to put out without finishing other ones they've been selling? At some point it starts to be defending a really scummy practice in the guise of 'crowdfunding'. I think they got enough fucking money already, finish the game. It is years late.

  19. #13799
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah but at some point there is a limit isn't there?
    What kind of limit, a legal one? Why? The real "limit" is how much people are willing to spend to fund the game, and there's no reason to legally limit how much can be raised as issues around fraud etc. are already illegal and can be dealt with if it comes to it (See Chronicles of Elyria and the mess it's still in)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean how many new ships do they need to put out without finishing other ones they've been selling?
    As many as backers will continue buying. It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    At some point it starts to be defending a really scummy practice in the guise of 'crowdfunding'.
    Sure, but those are all personal/subjective opinions. Plenty of backers clearly don't think these are scummy as they keep throwing money at the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I think they got enough fucking money already, finish the game. It is years late.
    Ok. I mean I don't disagree to a point but at the same time...is it worth all the investment/effort if you don't have any financial stake in this? It's not like this is a vaporware scam, progress may be slow but there's clearly a lot of progress being made and they're seriously working on the game.

    This is just taking a look behind the scenes of what often goes on in game development, just this time they are relying on unlimited funding to keep development going rather than aggressively cutting things. Delays happen, sometimes a lot (see Blizzard working on Titan for around a decade before scrapping it entirely and salvaging it as Overwatch), we just rarely ever see those delays since the overwhelming majority internally. Like, I've worked on MMO's that have been delayed 3+ years from their initial (internal) target launch dates, and it was a great thing that they did.

  20. #13800
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ok. I mean I don't disagree to a point but at the same time...is it worth all the investment/effort if you don't have any financial stake in this? It's not like this is a vaporware scam, progress may be slow but there's clearly a lot of progress being made and they're seriously working on the game.
    As I've stated many times before I don't care much for Kickstarters that promise this and that and give a release date and then fuck it up and then ask for more money. They stated release dates many times before and after changing the scope of the date. I mean you saw the multiple pictures of quotes where they lied that has gone around in the thread, haven't you?

    Eventually people will lose patience with waiting or the game will release in a 'completed' state or as far along as they got. It is just a complete joke how many years they have taken. It is also a marvel of unbelievable proportions due to the amount of funding it continues to get.

    As far as my 'investment' and 'effort' into discussing this? It is hardly any investment on my part, not hard to look at a few posts and type a reply. Hardly any effort at all. Does it matter where and when I post? There are people on these forums with tens of thousands of posts.

    And I debate the amount of progress being made, they talked about the SQ42 and delayed it then really stopped talking about it. Server Meshing is still not there, the main things the game needs to be an MMO are not there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What kind of limit, a legal one? Why? The real "limit" is how much people are willing to spend to fund the game, and there's no reason to legally limit how much can be raised as issues around fraud etc. are already illegal and can be dealt with if it comes to it (See Chronicles of Elyria and the mess it's still in)



    As many as backers will continue buying. It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.



    Sure, but those are all personal/subjective opinions. Plenty of backers clearly don't think these are scummy as they keep throwing money at the game.
    I get WHY they keep churning out new concept ships, because people toss money at them, but the amount of unfinished ships or ships not in the game at any state is pretty sad. I don't really know of many other games with fully fleshed out cash shops that fail to give you the item when you buy it. It isn't like someone is buying the concept of an item for Final Fantasy or even just beta MMOs that are out there now. When you buy something, you usually get what you pay for. But again if people are totally okay with it then well they wouldn't have had problems with this ASA thing right?

    Never said people can't spend their money how they wish. There is a reason gacha games and cash shops are so prevalent, because people toss money at it.

    And really I think I'm still in this thread because I find certain posters very entertaining at the lengths they will go to be fanatical about this game. Reddit paints an even clearer picture at how some of their community views this game and is quick to downvote the fanatical bullshit spewers.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-09-10 at 03:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •