Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Click the link you just posted. A post downvoted into oblivion and his logic trashed in the replies. Did you honestly sort by Controversial to try to find people mindlessly defending CIG?

And you talk about desperate.
    I mean come on a post with a negative 43 rating on reddit has to be a good post, right? It is about par for the course when it comes to defending the practices of CIG. Many ships they sold early on are still not in the game, years later. That is disgusting. One nice thing about reddit is that really stupid posts get downvoted into oblivion because people know how stupid the shit being said was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean come on a post with a negative 43 rating on reddit has to be a good post, right? It is about par for the course when it comes to defending the practices of CIG. Many ships they sold early on are still not in the game, years later. That is disgusting. One nice thing about reddit is that really stupid posts get downvoted into oblivion because people know how stupid the shit being said was.
    Exactly. Read his other replies too - it's like the guy is pretending to be a time traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Exactly. Read his other replies too - it's like the guy is pretending to be a time traveler.
    People even call out of some of the reddit posters for only posting in SC related reddit posts with their cult like defense of the game as if they are fanatics or being paid to do so. Rings awfully familiar, I wonder if some people in this thread are in the SC related reddit threads making disingenuous posts there? Nah...

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    They should stop advertising developing a game they're clearly not capable of developing to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They should stop advertising developing a game they're clearly not capable of developing to begin with.
    Can't, then the money dries up and the entire thing implodes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I cant remember for 100% but im sure the ships has always had the little note above buying options if its flight ready or concept or something in between, its pretty standard you would look into a purchase to see when its available in the first place, but currently its no different from a pre order so its the buyers fault if they dont pay attention when buying something in the first place.

Its pretty clear everyone knows star citizen is in development and not all ships are complete, and when a new ship just comes out of nowhere its obviously still a concept ship or your just an idiot to think it should be flyable straight away.
    What does your blah blah blah have to do with the fact that CiG changed things after ASA report? Why would they have done so if all was fine and good "and everyone understood everything"? Accept the reality and move on. At least for once...

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I cant remember for 100% but im sure the ships has always had the little note above buying options if its flight ready or concept or something in between, its pretty standard you would look into a purchase to see when its available in the first place, but currently its no different from a pre order so its the buyers fault if they dont pay attention when buying something in the first place.

Its pretty clear everyone knows star citizen is in development and not all ships are complete, and when a new ship just comes out of nowhere its obviously still a concept ship or your just an idiot to think it should be flyable straight away.
    Maybe they shouldn’t sell a concept

This game makes mining sound fun but fuck me if I can hold interest until 2030 when the beta hits while the company tries to sell ideas to the people still paying

This was gonna be a great space sim but even no man’s sky is getting better

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Maybe they shouldn’t sell a concept
    That's literally the entire business model of crowdfunding though. It's easy enough to just make sure you have the necessary disclaimers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's literally the entire business model of crowdfunding though. It's easy enough to just make sure you have the necessary disclaimers.
    Yeah but at some point there is a limit isn't there? I mean how many new ships do they need to put out without finishing other ones they've been selling? At some point it starts to be defending a really scummy practice in the guise of 'crowdfunding'. I think they got enough fucking money already, finish the game. It is years late.

Yeah but at some point there is a limit isn't there?
    What kind of limit, a legal one? Why? The real "limit" is how much people are willing to spend to fund the game, and there's no reason to legally limit how much can be raised as issues around fraud etc. are already illegal and can be dealt with if it comes to it (See Chronicles of Elyria and the mess it's still in)

I mean how many new ships do they need to put out without finishing other ones they've been selling?
    As many as backers will continue buying. It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.

At some point it starts to be defending a really scummy practice in the guise of 'crowdfunding'.
    Sure, but those are all personal/subjective opinions. Plenty of backers clearly don't think these are scummy as they keep throwing money at the game.

I think they got enough fucking money already, finish the game. It is years late.
    Ok. I mean I don't disagree to a point but at the same time...is it worth all the investment/effort if you don't have any financial stake in this? It's not like this is a vaporware scam, progress may be slow but there's clearly a lot of progress being made and they're seriously working on the game.

This is just taking a look behind the scenes of what often goes on in game development, just this time they are relying on unlimited funding to keep development going rather than aggressively cutting things. Delays happen, sometimes a lot (see Blizzard working on Titan for around a decade before scrapping it entirely and salvaging it as Overwatch), we just rarely ever see those delays since the overwhelming majority internally. Like, I've worked on MMO's that have been delayed 3+ years from their initial (internal) target launch dates, and it was a great thing that they did.

Ok. I mean I don't disagree to a point but at the same time...is it worth all the investment/effort if you don't have any financial stake in this? It's not like this is a vaporware scam, progress may be slow but there's clearly a lot of progress being made and they're seriously working on the game.
    As I've stated many times before I don't care much for Kickstarters that promise this and that and give a release date and then fuck it up and then ask for more money. They stated release dates many times before and after changing the scope of the date. I mean you saw the multiple pictures of quotes where they lied that has gone around in the thread, haven't you?

Eventually people will lose patience with waiting or the game will release in a 'completed' state or as far along as they got. It is just a complete joke how many years they have taken. It is also a marvel of unbelievable proportions due to the amount of funding it continues to get.

As far as my 'investment' and 'effort' into discussing this? It is hardly any investment on my part, not hard to look at a few posts and type a reply. Hardly any effort at all. Does it matter where and when I post? There are people on these forums with tens of thousands of posts.

And I debate the amount of progress being made, they talked about the SQ42 and delayed it then really stopped talking about it. Server Meshing is still not there, the main things the game needs to be an MMO are not there.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of limit, a legal one? Why? The real "limit" is how much people are willing to spend to fund the game, and there's no reason to legally limit how much can be raised as issues around fraud etc. are already illegal and can be dealt with if it comes to it (See Chronicles of Elyria and the mess it's still in)

As many as backers will continue buying. It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.

Sure, but those are all personal/subjective opinions. Plenty of backers clearly don't think these are scummy as they keep throwing money at the game.
    I get WHY they keep churning out new concept ships, because people toss money at them, but the amount of unfinished ships or ships not in the game at any state is pretty sad. I don't really know of many other games with fully fleshed out cash shops that fail to give you the item when you buy it. It isn't like someone is buying the concept of an item for Final Fantasy or even just beta MMOs that are out there now. When you buy something, you usually get what you pay for. But again if people are totally okay with it then well they wouldn't have had problems with this ASA thing right?

Never said people can't spend their money how they wish. There is a reason gacha games and cash shops are so prevalent, because people toss money at it.

And really I think I'm still in this thread because I find certain posters very entertaining at the lengths they will go to be fanatical about this game. Reddit paints an even clearer picture at how some of their community views this game and is quick to downvote the fanatical bullshit spewers.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-09-10 at 03:52 AM.

No no no
    If it was the Kickstarter sure (apparently some ships from there still aren’t in but that’s another scum type)
    The game is testable they have no reason to add a ship to the store but have it nowhere near ready

People gave blizzard shit for a tree mount in WoW but I’m supposed to accept it from the company that DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH OF A GAME TO BE SUED OVER after how many millions?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The game is testable they have no reason to add a ship to the store but have it nowhere near ready
    They need to keep generating money to finish development, so that means consistently creating and selling more stuff to keep funding flowing. It still has a long ways to go, and will likely easily rack up another $50M in development costs before then.

They need to keep generating money to finish development, so that means consistently creating and selling more stuff to keep funding flowing. It still has a long ways to go, and will likely easily rack up another $50M in development costs before then.
    The fact that they have raised as much money as they have and received the capital injections that they did and still need to churn out concept ships to keep the funds flowing to not run out of money is at the core of the issues with SC.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The fact that they have raised as much money as they have and received the capital injections that they did and still need to churn out concept ships to keep the funds flowing to not run out of money is at the core of the issues with SC.
    Sadly the SC money making train is still roaring at full speed. They're not making as much money as they did last year but they're still making way more money than your average year. Literally raking in $120,000 a day just throwing out a new ship once a quarter. No incentive to actually deliver on better servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What does your blah blah blah have to do with the fact that CiG changed things after ASA report? Why would they have done so if all was fine and good "and everyone understood everything"? Accept the reality and move on. At least for once...
    The ASA are only referring to the actual brochure itself even though it states the ship is a limited concept sale, and before you buy anything it tells you if the ship is a concept or available to use currently as it stands, CiG didnt need change anything because everything is already inplace.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

It really doesn't mean it's not scummy, it just means those people are seemingly OK with getting "scammed."

Having a business being both willing and able to part an idiot from his money doesn't mean they're not scummy for doing so because the idiot gave up their money willingly. It just means it's not illegal.

Progress, yes. "Seriously" working on it though? I'm skeptical. Not that they're not working on it, they clearly are, but their time and focus seems to not be in the right places.

This is just taking a look behind the scenes of what often goes on in game development, just this time they are relying on unlimited funding to keep development going rather than aggressively cutting things. Delays happen, sometimes a lot (see Blizzard working on Titan for around a decade before scrapping it entirely and salvaging it as Overwatch), we just rarely ever see those delays since the overwhelming majority internally. Like, I've worked on MMO's that have been delayed 3+ years from their initial (internal) target launch dates, and it was a great thing that they did.
    I don't disagree with any of this, but their track record thus far of delivering on their promises is absolutely abysmal.

I do hope these games eventually get finished, but I'm not hopeful it will live up to everything it's supposed to be.

Can't believe there's people salty that other gamers are willingly putting their own money up front to fund a game that they are also very interested in playing. They just can't handle that some can have fun with what's already available to play while at the same time showing that they can't wait to play the finished version of it aka can't handle the wait without throwing some kind of tantrum every once in a while.

Anyway... In game news:

In short: Medical Gameplay on the way and harsher consequences for Death!

Dying is going to be less black & white since there will be a varying degree of injury states before reaching the "dead" and ways to being rescued and treated by other players. At the same time death, and releasing the body, will be more punishing as we'll loose loot when doing so.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-09-10 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Can't believe there's people salty that other gamers are willingly putting their own money up front to fund a game that they are also very interested in playing. They just can't handle that some can have fun with what's already available to play while at the same time showing that they can't wait to play the finished version of it aka can't handle the wait without throwing some kind of tantrum every once in a while.
    Yup just fire a salvo of attacks at 'people'. You do realize that CIG's own forums have people that are unhappy with the state of the game and they are paid backers right? Just because people have funneled money into this game does not mean they are happy with the state of the game. You think every person that tossed in a lot of money is still around or cares about the game? Naïve.

Well shit maybe they should be working on cutting development cost by oh idk
    Not
    Adding
    More
    Concepts

Stop adding planets
    Stop adding weapons
    Stop adding ships

Get the systems working
    Get the game stable
    Get it closer to launch

Right now they aren’t getting closer to launch because any time a step towards completion is made they add more trash pushing it back

I love the incompetence but if they could be honest and say “we don’t know what we are doing” that would be great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

Anyway... In game news:

In short: Medical Gameplay on the way and harsher consequences for Death!

Dying is going to be less black & white since there will be a varying degree of injury states before reaching the "dead" and ways to being rescued and treated by other players. At the same time death, and releasing the body, will be more punishing as we'll loose loot when doing so.
    Losing loot is a system that is never fun