1. #14101
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Shockingly for once Chris is keeping his word when in the chairman letter from dec 2020 he said SQ42 will no longer be talked about.

    Besides, what is there to show? The game does not exist after all...
    Nonsense! They have these monthly blogs full of empty technical jargon with nary even a screenshot, but that's obviously because the product is so close to being finished that they won't want to spoil anything! You just don't get it you ignorant philistine, SQ42 is a game unlike any other and...

    OK I'm done, I couldn't keep a straight face any longer. If they had anything to show about SQ42 they would. SC gets gameplay trailers that may or may not be heavily scripted but at least it gets those showcasing new features. But the SP campaign can't get that after so many years of development? Shit isn't getting done because it doesn't get whales to pony up the moolah, unlike new ships and the promise of server meshing supertech that'll solve everything.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  2. #14102
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Shockingly for once Chris is keeping his word when in the chairman letter from dec 2020 he said SQ42 will no longer be talked about.

    Besides, what is there to show? The game does not exist after all...
    What do you mean. It was already content ready back in 2016 and only had to go through bug smashing period!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  3. #14103
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    That's right, star citizen backers don't actually care about the opinion of random joes without not real interest about their game.
    Still, it's amusing to poke the holes in their pie in the sky theories and expose how little knowledge they have despite acting all wise and know it all.
    You know it’s going to be good when you completely ignore his point and start by talking for an entire community, saying that you don’t care about the opinion of random joes, when you purposely made an account on this forum to argue and insult those random joes over their opinions on this project. Also, “poking holes in sky theories pie’s” is an awful exaggeration to what you actually been doing here this entire time, it’s like calling two simians inside a cage flinging excrements around a Broadway show.

    Though, it is odd that it always seems to boil down to a weird flex about how much money a small group of people are throwing at a company of some unreliable fat cat that has yet to finish a product, just don’t forget that considering that at the current speed, you probably still have some 10-20 extra years of development ahead of you, and if for some reason it ends the same way his last project did, it might turn into one of those situations...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    “Dec 2012”… hum, Kenn didn’t seem to mind it back then.
    Last edited by notaltacc; 2021-10-11 at 01:24 PM.

  4. #14104
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The items sitting in an NPC's inventory are actually sitting out in the world in his shop. If you buy something from him, he walks over to get it for you.

    This is the kind of thing that sounds good in developer meetings but is actually quite annoying when playing the game. There's such a thing as too much realism.

  5. #14105
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is no standard approach, if a new tech comes along during development that just would make a game better then it is just stupid not to implement it, game development has no set standard, there is a great deal of flexability in game development or things just wont work.

    So yes you are wrong.
    No, there is a standard approach. New technology comes out all the time. You cannot "just keep implementing it" nonstop, you have to lock in feature set, then new stuff can be delivered after the release. Welcome to basic product management.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  6. #14106
    This cartoon is an oldy that I first saw many years ago when I bought some SC ships with real money, that are still waiting for the game to be playable. I just came across it again and find it even funnier now


  7. #14107
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    No, there is a standard approach. New technology comes out all the time. You cannot "just keep implementing it" nonstop, you have to lock in feature set, then new stuff can be delivered after the release. Welcome to basic product management.
    There is no standard approach, you do realise most of the tech to make star citizen work doesnt exist so they have to make it from scratch and dont even know 100% if it will work in the end the way they want it to, every single project is managed differently because no project if ever the same as another and requires different priorities.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  8. #14108
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is no standard approach, you do realise most of the tech to make star citizen work doesnt exist so they have to make it from scratch and dont even know 100% if it will work in the end the way they want it to, every single project is managed differently because no project if ever the same as another and requires different priorities.
    Someone shoot me, please. Everything you said has been refuted multiple times in this thread. Guess you are just that stubborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  9. #14109
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Someone shoot me, please. Everything you said has been refuted multiple times in this thread. Guess you are just that stubborn.
    Chris Roberts himself could come to the thread and explain everything that went wrong and I'm sure it'd all be interpreted as devs being transparent and taking their time to create the best game ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  10. #14110
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is no standard approach, you do realise most of the tech to make star citizen work doesnt exist so they have to make it from scratch and dont even know 100% if it will work in the end the way they want it to, every single project is managed differently because no project if ever the same as another and requires different priorities.
    The bold is the furthest thing from a positive argument I could think to use.

  11. #14111
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Someone shoot me, please. Everything you said has been refuted multiple times in this thread. Guess you are just that stubborn.
    You have yet to prove me wrong about anything, it just goes to show you have no clue what you are talking about, there is no standard approach for developing a completely new MMO with new systems that were not even available when the game first was even thought of, game development is an evolving process and many things change, including implementing new tech, its impossible to plan everything for the development of a game and if the CEO wants to implement something to make the game better its thier choice.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  12. #14112
    I love the argument that SC is basically having to invent the wheel in order to maybe make the game they actually didn't even originally propose almost a decade ago.

    Truly, the saviour of gaming.

  13. #14113
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have yet to prove me wrong about anything, it just goes to show you have no clue what you are talking about, there is no standard approach for developing a completely new MMO with new systems that were not even available when the game first was even thought of, game development is an evolving process and many things change, including implementing new tech, its impossible to plan everything for the development of a game and if the CEO wants to implement something to make the game better its thier choice.
    You can't exactly prove a negative, and all you're stating is a zero sum statement. You think that quality product has to come at the cost of time and research, while openly regarding that they dont even know 100% if it will work in the end. If you're looking for proof that your statement is wrong, it's already been proven by all the companies that are developing games in shorter periods of time using superior tech and yielding complete, quality results.

    If you're talking about Star Citizen alone in a bubble and saying that it has to take time and research because no other game has done what it aims to achieve, then you're also unable to prove that the current development process is the best way to approach it rather than an alternative like making the damn game playable first, and expanding and iterating on it afterwards. You openly admit that no one knows if this will even work in the end. You've disproven your own argument.

    I mean, do you think Squadron 42 was a good idea to develop when the core game hasn't been completed either. That it was a good idea to split development time and resources on a completely separate campaign? It could have been used directly on Star Citizen and gotten things progressed more smoothly too, don't you think? Yet I don't see you considering this alternative at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-13 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  14. #14114
    Awesome, more concept art, that's exactly what the game needed right now. Must be the concept-ys of concepts.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2021-10-13 at 05:10 PM.

  15. #14115
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You can't exactly prove a negative, and all you're stating is a zero sum statement. You think that quality product has to come at the cost of time and research, while openly regarding that they dont even know 100% if it will work in the end. If you're looking for proof that your statement is wrong, it's already been proven by all the companies that are developing games in shorter periods of time using superior tech and yielding complete, quality results.

    If you're talking about Star Citizen alone in a bubble and saying that it has to take time and research because no other game has done what it aims to achieve, then you're also unable to prove that the current development process is the best way to approach it rather than an alternative like making the damn game playable first, and expanding and iterating on it afterwards. You openly admit that no one knows if this will even work in the end. You've disproven your own argument.

    I mean, do you think Squadron 42 was a good idea to develop when the core game hasn't been completed either. That it was a good idea to split development time and resources on a completely separate campaign? It could have been used directly on Star Citizen and gotten things progressed more smoothly too, don't you think? Yet I don't see you considering this alternative at all.
    My statement is not proven wrong, many companies can still spend 9 years developing a game and still have issues for several months so i would hardly call them complete quality results, any games released in less time are substantially smaller than what Star Citizen is, even a WoW expansion barely adds anything to the game.

    SQ42 is the origional game being made, it later became 2 games, an MMO and single player campaign and SQ42 is what we will see first, all the gameplay works for both the campaign and MMO so there is nothing wasted for development.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  16. #14116
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    My statement is not proven wrong
    It can't be proven right either, meaning you're absolutely spouting pointless nonsense.

    There's no point to drawing the focus of the discussion to proving you wrong when you're unable to prove anything at all. You're making blanket statements about things that haven't happened yet.

    I could say Star Citizen devs could go bankrupt in 3 years time, and you couldn't prove me wrong either. Do you think being unable to be proved wrong somehow makes the argument more valid?

    I'm calling you out on your bullshit statements, not seeking out to prove you right or wrong since nothing you've stated could actually be proven anyways. You make blatant claims about how Star Citizen is being developed without any inside knowledge to confirm any of your claims, and the validity of it is all pointless anyways since everything you state is based on vague generalizations like 'It takes a lot of time to do things' and 'They're doing stuff no other company has ever tried before'. Well no shit, and that's exactly why everyone is questioning their methods, because they're taking a long time to do something no one has tried before and they're ignoring every standard procedure that ensures an actual product can and will be delivered.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-13 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  17. #14117
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have yet to prove me wrong about anything, it just goes to show you have no clue what you are talking about
    What’s the point of proving you anything when you’ll just move goalposts, or simply bury your head in the sand and ignore it? Hell, last time you said something among those lines to someone else, and I quote: “I have yet to be proven that anything I have said is even remotely classed as BS”, you ended up with a gigantic list of quotes, proving yourself to be full of shit, that you still refuse to address to this day.

    - Say some ridiculously dumb shit.
    - Refuse to back it up with any sort of evidence.
    - Call people clueless and tell them they are full of shit.
    - Demand them to prove you wrong.
    - If they do, ignore it and repeat all over.

    100% legit how-to-win Internet discussions, infraction free guarantee!


    Former UK Star Citizen player outlines the steps he took to get a refund from CIG

    The primary way to make this work is to ask for a refund due to CIG’s inability to deliver “something significant […] according to their publicly stated release dates, [a product] delivered to a poor quality, or both,” such as a working Persistent Universe or a release of Squadron 42, which is covered in the UK’s Consumer Rights Act 2015, Chapter 3 Digital Content, Section 34-40.
    - https://massivelyop.com/2021/10/13/f...fund-from-cig/

    ...hmm.
    Last edited by notaltacc; 2021-10-14 at 01:46 PM.

  18. #14118
    Scam Citizen finally exposed. Yep it's a scam as proven below but the real deal is coming soon thankfully. https://staratlas.com/

    Last edited by matt4pack; 2021-10-30 at 11:12 PM.

  19. #14119
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Scam Citizen finally exposed. Yep it's a scam as proven below but the real deal is coming soon thankfully. https://staratlas.com/
    I don't understand what this is that you linked. Presumably you were trying to show a competitor game? It shows a CGI trailer. I don't see any game trailer or screenshots. Browsing through the website, I'm getting the impression that it's another browser facebook game like O-Game.

  20. #14120
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't understand what this is that you linked. Presumably you were trying to show a competitor game? It shows a CGI trailer. I don't see any game trailer or screenshots. Browsing through the website, I'm getting the impression that it's another browser facebook game like O-Game.
    From what I can gather it's a "blockchain game" and somehow related to cryptocurrency? So doesn't sound much better than Star Citizen personally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •