Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I love how you never disprove anything with evidence of your own. You're asserting the SC toolkit is superior so you should be able to debunk him with your own evidence.

Unless you're just talking bull, which is most likely the case.

By the way, I take ownership of kenn9530 using the word ignorant. He must've never used the word or even know it's meaning still since I called him one.
    The only 'evidence' Kenn ever has, uses, or feels he needs is the default "They are using it so it must be the best."

He has this defacto belief that if a CiG dev has made a decision then, because they are a dev and its their game, it is apparently the only/best/most logical reason to do it that way - or the CiG dev would know that and would have changed it accordingly. CiG devs are clearly infallible and perfect in their decision making and are so far above the rest of us humans that they would absolutely change their solution/tech if /they/ felt there was a better solution. But since they haven't chosen any other solution - then this must be the best one.

"Why is this better?" - "Because CiG are using it so it must be so." Perfect proof! What more justification could anyone need - right?
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I wish SC had superior music. I've played the game for coming up on 7 years and the only track I can remember is... maybe the Port Olisar intro theme? And that's it.

Love you and your posts in terms of gaming even if I don't always agree but I will try to imitate a user here so please take it as a comedy not face value.

Star Citizen has chosen this music because it's the correct music done for the game and nobody has done this ever before and it's far superior than any other game existing from a point of production value.

You have no clue what you are talking about and it's only up to you to prove that the music is forgettable as I know it's superior superior superiority superior emperor super super superiority than anything out there and you just can't say the opposite unless you have proven facts. As well everything has been custom created behind the scenes with superior people working on it that transcend industry knowledge and are second coming and I know best because I know. Simple as.

Prove me wrong because if you don't you are simply just trolling and adding goal posts!!

Let me know if I got a perfect score.

On a more serious note, fair play I sat down and heard some of the soundtrack while working. Expected more for a game that apparently is released (or not released and still in alpha , or released but alpha so expectations should be measured etc etc ,depending when any of the 2 posters have the Jekyll and Hyde different personalities and opinions changing to fit narratives) and has millions and millions in backing crowdfunders . Not great not bad either. A solid 6/10.

In before I get blamed again yada yada, game not released yet even if pages before I said the opposite by any of the two posters and the usual story..
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2022-05-18 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    CiGs tool has been shown to be superior to the coherant labs tool, you are unable to prove which one is superior.
    Roflmao!

you are unable to stay away from petty insults because you are simply not able to prove your own point.
    My dude… half of your posts just consist on accusing people of being ignorant, the other half it’s just you contradicting yourself, so what are you on about?
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-05-18 at 05:52 PM.
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Star Citizen has chosen this music because it's the correct music done for the game and nobody has done this ever before and it's far superior than any other game existing from a point of production value.
    It is not often I get a smirk on my face and actually almost laugh out loud when reading something, but well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It is not often I get a smirk on my face and actually almost laugh out loud when reading something, but well done.
    I hope you read the full post to get context :P. Glad I put a smile on your face
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2022-05-18 at 06:25 PM.

Nothing you post proves the tool coherant labs has developed is superior that the tool that CiG have developed, i have seen what both tools have done in games and the coherant lab tools one looks severaly lacking compared to the star citizen tool, just by seeing what games have done with thier tools star citizen is far superior.

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen what the star citizen toolkit can do and i have seen what the coherant labs tool can do, so far the star citizen one has been proven superior. We have the proof from the execution of both toolkits and star citizen isnt even using its toolkit to its potential yet.

- - - Updated - - -

You are currently unable to embarass anyone with any knowledge you posses since you are unable to stay away from petty insults because you are simply not able to prove your own point.
    So that's a no. You can't actually provide proof on how it's superior at all and you're talking out of your ass. All you have is your feelings.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

You dont have any idea of what star citizens tool is capable of so all you are doing is showing a clear lack of knowledge on the subject, CiGs tool has been shown to be superior to the coherant labs tool, you are unable to prove which one is superior.
    You are literally comparing school football team to world champions. Having control over singular pixel means that you can technically do anything. Technically.

In practice to get even half of CSS capabilities it would require multiple years of development from multiple multi bilion dollar companies (yes, one company wouldn't be enough). And you would still be left behind year after.

You are in no position to even think about "lack of knowledge" since you don't even understand the screenshot let alone understand what CSS is capable of.

ONE glance on this screenshot is enough to determine is not even in same league as css:

Last edited by kaminaris; 2022-05-18 at 06:53 PM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Knew very little about this game outside the general infamy, found this video very informative:

Gotta admit from what is shown of the game it does actually look cool but I'm firmly against any kind of early access. I prefer to wait for a full release before giving a game any of my time.
    Honestly, this was a REALLY good video. Seems fairly neutral overall and tries to cover all points of view with some nuance to it. Definitely helped me better frame where the hardcore fans are coming from in terms of the "vision itself" being the goal.

But hilarious that the kinds of promises made date back to Roberts older projects, and fuckin Derek Smart before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So that's a no. You can't actually provide proof on how it's superior at all and you're talking out of your ass. All you have is your feelings.
    Its already proven with whats available in the games that use each tool so dont need to prove anything its already there for anyone to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You are literally comparing school football team to world champions. Having control over singular pixel means that you can technically do anything. Technically.

In practice to get even half of CSS capabilities it would require multiple years of development from multiple multi bilion dollar companies (yes, one company wouldn't be enough). And you would still be left behind year after.

You are in no position to even think about "lack of knowledge" since you don't even understand the screenshot let alone understand what CSS is capable of.

ONE glance on this screenshot is enough to determine is not even in same league as css:
    Your own opinion on the matter is not proof of something being better, CiG made their own tool for a reason because there was not a tool that could do the job and that includes the tool you seem to love, there are not many games actually use it so why would a so called superior tool not be used by more companies, the answer is its not superior and you are just talking complete nonsense.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

there was not a tool that could do the job and that includes the tool you seem to love
    Could you source this claim, please?

Its already proven with whats available in the games that use each tool so dont need to prove anything its already there for anyone to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Your own opinion on the matter is not proof of something being better, CiG made their own tool for a reason because there was not a tool that could do the job and that includes the tool you seem to love, there are not many games actually use it so why would a so called superior tool not be used by more companies, the answer is its not superior and you are just talking complete nonsense.
    Its not opinion, its a fact. You are literally comparing toy to real thing. Anyone with two working eyes can tell that 20cm toy car is not the same as full sized car.

and funny thing is:
    why would a so called superior tool not be used by more companies
    It is used by many companies, first of all, every webpage is html&css
    then you have apps like whatsapp, discord, visual studio code all written in html&css
    built in BrowserComponent in unreal
    coherent labs for games
    CEF that is widely used for plenty of project
    ionic and other webview apps for mobile platforms

You have zero idea how popular it is. Zero.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Chris Roberts posted a Letter from the Chairman today. Lots of good information about the current state of the game and where it's going in the future.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman

Also this video was on the front page of reddit yesterday. Figured I'd share it to show some cool looking gameplay.
    https://gfycat.com/graciousmintygrasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Chris Roberts posted a Letter from the Chairman today. Lots of good information about the current state of the game and where it's going in the future.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman

Also this video was on the front page of reddit yesterday. Figured I'd share it to show some cool looking gameplay.
    https://gfycat.com/graciousmintygrasshopper
    Long post, I'll read later.

But why did he include a roadmap image if folks here repeatedly tell us that the roadmap doesn't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Long post, I'll read later.

But why did he include a roadmap image if folks here repeatedly tell us that the roadmap doesn't matter?
    If you're talking about that chart its the roadmap of the technology stack they've been working on. Not gameplay features.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Are you saying an interface made to make it easier to edit a system means the system is worse?
    Accessibility makes systems worse?

Okay then.

You cant judge a car's performance by its paintjob.

If you're talking about that chart its the roadmap of the technology stack they've been working on. Not gameplay features.
    And future projections, that we've been told by folks here we shouldn't believe.

3.18 and persistent streaming? Server mesh preview?

At least they put the Server Mesh MVP release in "future" rather than in a certain year, because they know they can't project that out with any confidence at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And future projections, that we've been told by folks here we shouldn't believe.

3.18 and persistent streaming? Server mesh preview?

At least they put the Server Mesh MVP release in "future" rather than in a certain year, because they know they can't project that out with any confidence at this point.
    Its progress, maybe at not the speed everyone expects but at lease we might see server meshing on the test realms by the end of the year if all goes well. Time will tell.

You're all a sad joke lmao, SC will be fine and what i decide is fine always ends up as such, ya'll can cope with your joke hate but if you can't appreciate what SC is doing then you're nothing but fake gamers that never truly understood gaming.

Its progress, maybe at not the speed everyone expects but at lease we might see server meshing on the test realms by the end of the year if all goes well. Time will tell.
    I'd call that very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'd call that very optimistic.
    Call me a half full kind of guy. Pessimism is boring.