10+ Year Old Account
    ok to trash it went. again.

first of all, my 5+ years old PC just cant handle this game well enough. nothing will help it.
    second of all, consistent bugs. i tried to use cutlass black as its free during this event. it happened like 5 times i couldnt control direction of flight, had to leave the pilot seat and sit again that many times till it happened again when i got to port olisar. just fuck that shit

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and i couldnt use my cursor at all in the inventory window. it was just centered on my character all the time, so i couldnt change gear etc
    Last edited by Proskill; 2022-05-29 at 01:11 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    ok to trash it went. again.

first of all, my 5+ PC just cant handle this game well enough. nothing will help it.
    The game is still very poorly optimized, so you need to overcompensate with hardware to get a decent frame rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    second of all, consistent bugs. i tried to use cutlass black as its free during this event. it happened like 5 times i couldnt control direction of flight, had to leave the pilot seat and sit again that many times till it happened again when i got to port olisar. just fuck that shit
    Haven’t you heard? “As Star Citizen development continues the game gets more fleshed out more enjoyable”, the issue is we are just 10 years into development, therefore we still have some “alpha stage roughness” to deal with, don’t worry I’m sure it will get better Soon™.

That bug shows up on the video I posted last page, after launching the cursor gets stuck and he can’t control the damn thing =/
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I love how he literally stopped replying after this. Why is kenn not banned for trolling in this forum is beyond me.
    Why would i reply to posts i dont even see because certain posters have proven over and over again they have no intention of discussing anything.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Why would i reply to posts i dont even see because certain posters have proven over and over again they have no intention of discussing anything.
    My dude, your counter-argumentation consists on just repeating “stop talking BS you don’t know what you are talking about.”, the fuck you on about.
    Ahahahaha!

A few things I really don't get with Star Citizen are the following :

Ok let's forget its shit tons of problems, shit tons of broken promises and all other hiccups with roadmaps being destroyed/then blamed at the players that it is their fault to SQ42 releasing at the next millenia as there is no clear indication and unfortunately the dumbness and how gullible today's players can be in video games who are throwing tons of money in the hopes of this Sci-Fi scenario game eventually getting ALL of its ''promised'' points released.

I can't help but wonder though, when you sit down and read on it, how the hell can it even compare in terms of ''fun'' and action and other factors with Eve Online(hey hey before you two[you know who you are] go on and start creating a new argument of 1000000 pages again, my goal is really not to say X is better of Y is better but actualy do a legit comparison on a few things that I am reading in terms of ''space'' genre.

- Star Citizen has a 50 player limit and ''server'' meshing apparently in production for so long. I wonder, when EVE online almost 10 years ago had one of the largest battles out there in any game with OVER 7500 people battling across different areas and at the same system at any point there were around 2600 people at ONE SYSTEM battling with a crap ton of ships how can you even seriously compare or even consider that a 500 million game can't handle that load.

- RIght now and lets take it as a fact, even if the game is running smoothly, any LOGICAL gamer would actually look back and properly complain on the status of the game. You can claim as much as you want that game is still in production but other games like Vanilla WoW pulled out a considerably successful game with 150.000.000 original budget with LESS people. Let's take aside that there are issues etc with ''technology'', would it not be more logical to actually hire people that do know what they are doing? No, it would be unacceptable for ANY company if you hired people and non stop breaked internally deadlines or could not hold on to general goals.

- Eve online with a much smaller budget has access to 7800 star systems.No mans Sky has 18 quintillion planets available for exploration(Remember you two before you start arguing again like little children, we are not talking about game types). Both of them combined budget is 1/4th of what Star Citizen has right now. Complexity aside as you like to put it, the games are out, they work as intended and people can play them.

- Server meshing and feel free to correct me can be described as individual phasing between 2 servers.Hasn't WoW already implemented server ''meshing'' by combining different server instances into one and regardless of each individual players location, they both can be active and participate in things but each one of them is on their own ''home'' world?

- Painful point but blatantly true. Not an attack to anyone as everyone has the right for redemption, but other than Chris Roberts getting his name printed on paper due to his original contribution from Freelancer that was eventually saved in the end by Microsoft, from 2003 till Star Citizen went into kickstarter, if he was such a hot name why didn't he land a job anywhere or no company made the effort to hire him should he have been that ''genious''?Again everyone makes mistakes and errors in a career sometimes due to external factors other because people do dumb things. However the question remains.. What happened those ''missing years''?Do note speaking only gaming wise. For all the production stuff he did and has been confirmed online, the production company he set up had managed to do 3 films out of which the most known one Lucky Number Slevin was delayed 4 times due to project management issues. Setting things aside, yes CEO blabla, but if history has shown anything is a bad record for project managing things whenever he was involved. Is it not worth actually rather than hyping people and eventually falling down to just sort things out and release something worthwile? And no , I don't consider a patch hey we added one extra thing we promised 10 patches ago we would progress. Real stuff.

- SQ42. While I do hate it as personally from a development perspective I have been involved as well on some mess ups of games due to this ''mentality'' , but a business operates by milking money towards people. While eventually released products many times don't break even game development, it is far easier to milk periodically any consumer be it gamer, or day to day customer with stuff. Any company in the beginning will face a loss, but in the long term they make more money out of desperation or people just forgetting and reinvesting when news come out. Call me bad , WoW does it all the time, day to day services do it all the time and every time most if not all of us(including myself) say fuck it seems good let's do it again and reinvest. SQ42 falls under that category as well. Like it or not, it is MUCH more profitable for them just now to simply milk people for the long term. Game can't be released and I will give you the simplest of reasons on the WHY. Today's gamers are much more vicious than 10 years ago. Any old schoolers would know we were fed with crap and because we did not know better, we accepted it. Today it takes you less then a day to get review bombarded and your whole name smudged if you overpromise and underdeliver. - Cyberpunk is a HUGE recent example.

If you do feel and believe that Chris Roberts or any developer nowadays doesn't think twice before releasing early or not ready games with all promised featuresyou are mistaken.(Not talking about EA,Ubisoft and other giants that can handle the loss and anger due to addicted player base).It is easier to promise an extreme concept than deal with the outrage of people if you fail miserably as that ''fail'' will eventually kill both your prospects for distribution on platforms or ''destroy'' your name whatever you want to call it and make you lose a lot of faith.

-Personally I sat down and watched a couple of the videos shown on this thread from the ''huge Youtubers etc". Makes me wonder, have the people that posted these videos not seen teh huge difference of VIEWS on those videos against original content of what those people had in their channels? Paid marketing is really good and everyone does it, but don't promote as a success that people with consistent viewerships on their channel content get PAID the damage created to promote said games. Again if you claim otherwise, then you are beyond dumb as all these youtubers make money out of sponsored content and believe me at times they get PAID the difference of viewerships to recover lost income from advertisements etc.

- I will make it clear . I am one of the people that would eventually like to see the game come out and personally even though I am conscious not everything will go in it as money and patience does dry up at some point to see it succeed. I am one of the THOUSANDS online that don't believe it can happen with current leadership and teams. No I am not better, but the negative reactions existing online, exist for a reason.Nobody woke up one day and said, from today onwards I will start hating on the game.I can see the game succeeding with maybe a larger company absorbing or taking control of the game, which does bring me to the last point.

You should be very conscious and be troubled, that a 500 million game with tons of potential for advertising,marketing and more things has not even been remotely approached with a stick by any of the larger names to help out and fast track a couple of things. It is a rule out there when you are successful and you are printing money, other successful people would like to join and make the printing amount even bigger.
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2022-05-29 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    snip
    1. EvE online is a completely different game to star citizen for one so its unrealistic to make a reasonable comparison, star citizen is about all the details and full ships, the large scale battles in EvE are not even remotely to a suitable performance level for gameplay, unless you really like lagging and playing in freezeframe most of the battle. Star citizen is less about combat and more about choice.

2. Server meshing is coming so until its actually fully ingame we just have to wait as no company has completed this tech yet, combining servers together is not the same as server meshing, server meshing in SC is 1 player is a bubble, another is a bubble, you can see each others bubbles and they merge together when close enough, everything else outside the bubble and not near a player will not be loaded in the server so it will reduce the load on a server.

3. If you play an alpha you accept its issues, report them to the devs and move on or just wait until the game is actually released.

4. Chris Roberts has made some of the best space games available so many are happy to back a project done by him, noone else is really making any interesting space games, starfield might be good but being single player its not something to really play for a long time, and ED has dissapointed many of its players especially with its recent expansion.

5. CR will not release the game until he is happy with it so it is you who is mistaken that CR will just release a game that is not ready.

6. CiG is a large company now, so they are doing plenty right with running a huge scale company across multiple countries, running a game development company is a difficult job.

7. They are making 2 games so its not a 500 million game alone, CR doesnt want to give up any control of the company so offers from other companies make no difference, he has a few trusted investors and the game brings in a large amount of revenue to develop the game so why would they want another company involved, that just brings in issues.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Server meshing coming when?
    Any date?
    2024? 2029? 5678?

Quote Originally Posted by Bebethebebe View Post
    Any date?
    2024? 2029? 5678?

5678 seems reasonable - AI will code that for them, because they can't do it.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    5678 seems reasonable - AI will code that for them, because they can't do it.
    I am sure they are hoping for a huge leap in hardware development instead of coding.

As per the latest info the ETA is Q4 this year.

Our current goal is to introduce Server Meshing and 4.0 as an early technical preview to Evocati testers in PTU at the end of Q4 this year, allowing our most ardent players to help us start testing Server Meshing so we can refine and polish it for release. But this is heavily conditioned on how well / easy the Persistent Entity Streaming roll out goes, so be warned this has a high chance of slipping into Q1 next year. Once Server Meshing starts to see real-world testing with thousands of players in PTU, we will get a better idea of how much time it will need to cook in PTU before it can make its way to LIVE. We are aiming for the end of Q1 2023, but again, we really will not know with confidence until it hits testing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    As per the latest info the ETA is Q4 this year.
    Polishing for release?
    SC release when?

I think they have gone back to their KS roots and are adding milestones when they reach a certain amount of crowdfunding, $500 million for server meshing Tier 0, $550 million for Pyro and 1 jump point, $600 million for persistence v4 and 10 additional bag slots, so on and so forth.

Polishing for release?
    SC release when?
    Probably after 4.0/Pyro/Server Meshing are fully implemented and tested.

From the same letter:

Star Citizen Alpha 4.0 will be a truly new era in Star Citizen. It will mean our final tech building block – Server Meshing – will have been delivered. The first implementation will be what we call Static Server Meshing (SSM), where each server is given a defined area to simulate, but as soon as SSM is stable we will move towards Dynamic Server Meshing with subsequent releases which will allow much more scalability as servers will not be bound by location, but instead will be distributed by load, allowing for much better simulation performance in any given area of the universe.

With 4.0, we will get our second star system, Pyro, and we begin the process of adding more and more content, gameplay, and polish, to get us to Beta.
    LvLCap review of the Invictus Free Fly Week Event:

A look into the evolution of Star Citizen and the updates ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Probably after 4.0/Pyro/Server Meshing are fully implemented and tested.

From the same letter:

LvLCap review of the Invictus Free Fly Week Event:
    After reading that it just sounds like another "Jesus patch" that's been going around in the community for years. Next patch is it, for real guys!

Can you give me the TL,DR of the merchantman thing?
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-06-18 at 07:43 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

In addition to the redesign of the Merchantman, there has been an artstyle shift in the way SC is portrayed in concept art. The early concept art had a more stylized, slight comic book feel to the art. Then starting around 2015/2016, all of the concept art became generic, sterile, plastic artstation stuff. This has affected the ingame look of SC as well, just compare the old ArcCorp that felt lively and open compared to the cramped and shallow one we have today.

Early concept art:

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Surprised this thread was half way down page two with what is going on atm. Namely the falsely advertised Merchantman ship going for over $600 right now, while using the concept art to sell it despite the fact it now looks different to that concept.

It now look like a bath with wings. And it is still not actually available after several years of sales. I do like the "in stock" bit, though. As if it could even be out of stock lol

"Alpha! Pledge! Subject to chaaaaange!" I hear the fans cry. Fuck off.
    Soooo....what happened here that got an infraction? Did Mr. Anderson get made a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Soooo....what happened here that got an infraction? Did Mr. Anderson get made a mod?
    You can only bump this thread with Youtube videos with 0 personal input.

You guys should try RPGCodex, where you can actually discuss games while poking fun and making jokes without getting random ass infractions every corner.

Also, inb4 trolling infraction with blue msg "if ya have a problem with mah muderation take it up with dem super admins".
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    My guess is that the "fuck off" triggered it. Got my first infraction in like 5 years(barring the one I got for my sig being too big) for telling a Chinese shill in the Ukraine thread to "fuck off".

On topic, I prefer the original look of the Merchantman, it looked more raw.