Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I got a question, to MrAnderson and Kenn, but everyone can answer of course:

- What would need to happen, what even or series of events, decisions, etc for you to change your stance on SC? To change it 180 degree.
    It would need to actually live up to the hype and do exactly what Chris Roberts and CIG say it can and will do for it to turn completely around.

For now though, server meshing getting implemented and the game being able to handle more than 50 people at a time.

- What would need to happen, what even or series of events, decisions, etc for you to change your stance on SC? To change it 180 degree.
    I don't think there's anything that can change my mind about this clusterfuck, and nothing that will be "released" in the context of this mess will ever be worthy of being called a "game". But at least it has realistic bedsheets.

Really want to see what happens when funds dry up a few years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Really want to see what happens when funds dry up a few years from now.
    At this point, I don't think the funding will completely dry up. CIG might downsize but I doubt it will close. We live in a consumeristic society where people have built their lives to revolve around entertainment. You constantly hear about people going tens of thousands of dollars into debt spending on gacha games, getting divorced, etc. With so many people throwing away their life's savings on stat sticks and waifu jpegs, there are probably more than a few nerds willing to do the same but for spaceship jpegs. Even as Chris Roberts' name fades and older gamers have grown disenchanted with him, a new generation of gamers have grown up having only known the "games as a service" model, and have been conditioned to think that whaling is normal. CIG only needs enough of them to buy in to keep the business afloat.

Oh that's an easy one. If a better game comes along I'll play it and focus on it instead of Star Citizen.

I follow the fun, it's why I play video-games.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, I don't think the funding will completely dry up. CIG might downsize but I doubt it will close. We live in a consumeristic society where people have built their lives to revolve around entertainment. You constantly hear about people going tens of thousands of dollars into debt spending on gacha games, getting divorced, etc. With so many people throwing away their life's savings on stat sticks and waifu jpegs, there are probably more than a few nerds willing to do the same but for spaceship jpegs. Even as Chris Roberts' name fades and older gamers have grown disenchanted with him, a new generation of gamers have grown up having only known the "games as a service" model, and have been conditioned to think that whaling is normal. CIG only needs enough of them to buy in to keep the business afloat.
    Most people will leave when they only have 10M per year instead of 100M and finally realize they will never deliver on their promises. Some people just need a decade longer for that realization.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Oh that's an easy one. If a better game comes along I'll play it and focus on it instead of Star Citizen.

"Star Citizen can do no wrong, my opinion on it will not change, nothing will change unless a better game eventually comes along" is how this reads to me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Star Citizen can do no wrong, my opinion on it will not change, nothing will change unless a better game eventually comes along" is how this reads to me.
    I'll give him credit. It was good dodge.

My stance is SC is just a vaporware grift perpetuated by one of the industry's biggest liars and grifters. For my mind to be changed, S42 and the full feature complete version of SC need to be released and playable within the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You have no idea what are you talking about because you have zero programming knowledge. Saying coherent labs is inferior to anything is being delusional to the max. Its literally HTML&CSS based on chromium renderer. Its superior, to anything and everything.

Also proper name is toolkit not tool. If their toolkit was just a "tool" it would be unusable shit.
    It is you who clearly doesnt understand a thing, star citizens tool wins every single day compared to your subpar tool from coherant labs, you will never win an argument since you dont even understand how building blocks tool actually works and never will since you dont work for CiG.

Building blocks is clearly better as its not just a UI tool, its a game development tool.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

you will never win an argument
    ... because it really is like arguing with a bot that is incapable of critical thought or deviating from it's script.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2022-05-21 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It is you who clearly doesnt understand a thing, star citizens tool wins every single day compared to your subpar tool from coherant labs, you will never win an argument since you dont even understand how building blocks tool actually works and never will since you dont work for CiG.

Building blocks is clearly better as its not just a UI tool, its a game development tool.
    How's Scotland treating you? You remind me of MrKennedy from WWE at times with all this arguing.

On a serious note, I am happy to stop criticizing the game once you tell one bad thing over it or one thing that you would improve.

I have downloaded the game just now and have spent 5 hours to see where this superiority comes from and genuinely speaking while the science fiction concept/roadmap looks good the game just now is a potato of Mish mash half finished ideas and a completely lifeless world that genuinely speaking it would be a video game bomb if released now.

Hell Crowfall which was an even bigger mess even when released, had more things to do than a 500 million dollar game in development for over 10!!! Years already with religious style fanatic zealots like yourself supporting it blindly.

So please since all our opinions don't matter and you are the synergy of knowing everything, what's one point that you would improve or one bad aspect of Star Citizen?

you dont even understand how building blocks tool actually works and never will since you dont work for CiG.

I mean do you work for them to have this supposed knowledge? Lord knows you have provided no proof of such things. But that is par for the course.

- - - Updated - - -

... because it really is like arguing with a bot that is incapable of critical thought or deviating from it's script.
    With free reign to do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    How's Scotland treating you? You remind me of MrKennedy from WWE at times with all this arguing.

On a serious note, I am happy to stop criticizing the game once you tell one bad thing over it or one thing that you would improve.

I have downloaded the game just now and have spent 5 hours to see where this superiority comes from and genuinely speaking while the science fiction concept/roadmap looks good the game just now is a potato of Mish mash half finished ideas and a completely lifeless world that genuinely speaking it would be a video game bomb if released now.

Hell Crowfall which was an even bigger mess even when released, had more things to do than a 500 million dollar game in development for over 10!!! Years already with religious style fanatic zealots like yourself supporting it blindly.

So please since all our opinions don't matter and you are the synergy of knowing everything, what's one point that you would improve or one bad aspect of Star Citizen?
    The game is in development there is no bad things because everything is being improved upon, whatever the developers do is whats best for the game, star citizen even in an alpha is more successful than a ton of games that have been fully released, it should increase even more by a decent margin once SQ42 is completed.

The PU currently is only a small portion of whats actually been done with the game and its currently give the best space game experience out of all of the games available, star citizen isnt 1 game its several games combined into one MMO and a seperate single player campaign game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

there is no bad things because everything is being improved upon
    whatever the developers do is whats best for the game
    star citizen even in an alpha is more successful than a ton of games that have been fully released
    currently give the best space game experience out of all of the games available
    star citizen isnt 1 game its several games combined into one MMO and a seperate single player campaign game.
    I'll catch an infraction for saying so, and I'm super fine with it, but you are a massive fucking clown. I really hope you aren't responsible for... anything whatsoever in your life. You're like the perfect possible customer for CiG.

I'll catch an infraction for saying so, and I'm super fine with it, but you are a massive fucking clown. I really hope you aren't responsible for... anything whatsoever in your life. You're like the perfect possible customer for CiG.
    You never said hes wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    You don't think it was implied by my language? Are you all like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    That sure says a lot for how fanatical some defenders are here.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think it was implied by my language? Are you all like this?
    They aren’t here for discussion. Just to blindly defend and shill for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    They aren’t here for discussion. Just to blindly defend and shill for the game.
    I'll at least give Anderson points for sometimes being a little more objective about things, but otherwise, yeah.

I'll at least give Anderson points for sometimes being a little more objective about things, but otherwise, yeah.
    Anderson has at least talked about not recommending the game because it being in Alpha or something along those lines and has acknowledged some flaws with the game but also says things like:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

in which you replied "Star Citizen can do no wrong, my opinion on it will not change, nothing will change unless a better game eventually comes along" is how this reads to me." That is how I felt when I read the response as well. But it is cool, if he thinks that is the end all be all game for him, fine. At least he is not 100% fanatical like kenn and apparently Otaka. Just 95%.

- - - Updated - - -

The game is in development there is no bad things because everything is being improved upon
    If that isn't drinking the Kool-Aid I don't know what is. You do realize development can also go very very wrong right? Cancelled games happen for a reason. Hell CR himself kind of had to be removed from a project because development was a fucking shitshow.

- - - Updated - - -

whatever the developers do is whats best for the game
    Are you paid to say this?

- - - Updated - - -

star citizen even in an alpha is more successful than a ton of games that have been fully released
    More successful at funneling tons of money into the game at least.

- - - Updated - - -

it should increase even more by a decent margin once SQ42 is completed.
    That thing that was greyboxed in 2016? When does SQ get completed, 2028? What if SQ42 is a steaming pile of shit when it releases? What then?

- - - Updated - - -

The PU currently is only a small portion of whats actually been done with the game
    Really? Is that what they told you? Or is that what you were told to say?

and its currently give the best space game experience out of all of the games available
    That says a lot about the state of space games than it does anything about SC. Then again it is also your opinion that it is the 'best space game experience'. But we know how it is with opinions = fact for you.

star citizen isnt 1 game its several games combined into one MMO and a seperate single player campaign game.
    And it is failing quite well at being either of those things. 50 player cap. No single player campaign available to play.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-05-21 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Anderson has at least talked about not recommending the game because it being in Alpha or something along those lines and has acknowledged some flaws with the game but also says things like:

in which you replied "Star Citizen can do no wrong, my opinion on it will not change, nothing will change unless a better game eventually comes along" is how this reads to me." That is how I felt when I read the response as well. But it is cool, if he thinks that is the end all be all game for him, fine. At least he is not 100% fanatical like kenn and apparently Otaka. Just 95%.
    Hence the "sometimes." It happens, just in the mix of all the other stuff like the one you just quoted.