Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Because noone cares what he says and the game is actually running very smoothly, if you dont expect some issues when they are pushing new tech and features into an alpha then you dont understand game development, most bugs are rare and dont even happen to most of the playerbase so much of the time there are very little issues at all.
    I mean I might get an infraction for this and I will accept it but what would a boy from Dundee know about game development when never worked on the industry...

Be careful what you say young padawan, it is a small world...

Noone cares what he says - Please don't speak for me. I am interested on what he or anyone else says and you are not our personal lawyer nor whatever mind reading Cerebro Xmen Xavier thought process you have(LOL) and believe it is the ultimate source of truth. Aren't you tired on every thread on this forum that you post to be the laughing stock and arguing with people the whole time? Lilterally 95% of your posts around here are arguing with people on different sub forums.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This UI discussion reminds me of the "you can't say CIG are incompetent unless you work there" discussion. It was a ridiculous position to take then and it's just as ridiculous now.
    It's always a sad appeal to authority.
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

I mean they're seeing record numbers of new players joining, hammering the login in and pushing the servers way more than usual.

Every Invictus Event there's a huge strain on the servers due to the Capital Ships fighting around but that's exactly what they need to do in order to get the necessary data to improve going on. The first days of the event always reveals old and new issues that they wouldn't find unless so many people logged. It sucks for new players looking to have some fun which, those with less hardware or without alpha resilience and troubleshooting patience will surely have a hard-time, but if those who endure it and see past the issues make up for the others, it's still a win for CIG. After all, alpha testing is certainly not for everyone and neither is a sim/immersion game.

Still, They'll probably reach their record number of player concurrency in this event. Which considering how the last months the game has picked up in popularity, isn't that of a surprise.

A lot of game changing features and performance improvements, Elite:Odyssey bombing and a lot of Elite players and content creators turning to Star Citizen, a lot of hugely popular Youtubers starting to play Star Citizen more seriously it's no wonder that the popularity is off the charts.

Twich activity also follows as expected:

So it's only natural that the funding will follow. Expect another record breaking year for them.

Oh look, it's our old twitch numbers again! Comparing it to other games, which…

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    ...makes no sense, just because they are set in space and you can fly spaceships doesn't make them competitors or the same kind of game.
    Good job yet again Anderson, it's like you have Kenn have a little competition here going.
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Oh look, it's our old twitch numbers again! Comparing it to other games, which…
    Good job yet again Anderson, it's like you have Kenn have a little competition here going.
    Numbers when in a vacuum loose meaning.

Just like words, Context is everything.

Remove it and you remove the essence.

You misspelled convenience.
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

I don't see how anyone could see Star Citizen increasing popularity as an inconvenient.
    As the game gets more updates and gets more playable the more players it will attract.
    It's a natural process that's been happening for the last years and is likely to continue.

I don't see how anyone could see Star Citizen increasing popularity as an inconvenient.
    As the game gets more updates and gets more playable the more players it will attract.
    It's a natural process that's been happening for the last years and is likely to continue.
    Apparently you don’t see the point either.
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

Marketing dude here: Twitch metrics in isolation are still not very valuable, even if compared to other games.

Just a reminder that they don't really mean that much. Not saying this to hate on the game, but like, y'all really seem to overestimate the value of Twitch viewers.

it's no wonder that the popularity is off the charts.
    Yes, "off the charts" with 4k viewers.

SC is now neck-and-neck with this hot new hit title:

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Marketing dude here: Twitch metrics in isolation are still not very valuable, even if compared to other games.

Just a reminder that they don't really mean that much. Not saying this to hate on the game, but like, y'all really seem to overestimate the value of Twitch viewers.
    Finally someone sensible..
    Will place bet you will get countered back with XYZ by him...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    "off the charts" with 4k viewers.
    In the last 7 days, due the event, because the overall average is around 1k viewers.
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    I mean I might get an infraction for this and I will accept it but what would a boy from Dundee know about game development when never worked on the industry...

Be careful what you say young padawan, it is a small world...

Noone cares what he says - Please don't speak for me. I am interested on what he or anyone else says and you are not our personal lawyer nor whatever mind reading Cerebro Xmen Xavier thought process you have(LOL) and believe it is the ultimate source of truth. Aren't you tired on every thread on this forum that you post to be the laughing stock and arguing with people the whole time? Lilterally 95% of your posts around here are arguing with people on different sub forums.
    You dont need to work in development to make a judgement of things that you can see and test, also not from dundee, plus even if i was there is a game development studio there you know rockstar and other options of smaller studios to get into games development.

Do you really care about random player x moaning about bugs especially in a game in development, if it was released then fine but complaining about an alpha is pointless, you report bugs to the system and move on.

In reality the game is running great for most ppl, and many players wont even notice or come across anything major.

Its mostly just sad and shows lack of character to constantly insult a company or the person running it, a decent game dev is not going to insult other game devs for doing thier job.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-24 at 07:23 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Because noone cares what he says and the game is actually running very smoothly, if you dont expect some issues when they are pushing new tech and features into an alpha then you dont understand game development, most bugs are rare and dont even happen to most of the playerbase so much of the time there are very little issues at all.
    How many years has this game been in alpha? That does not mean the game gets to run like shit for years. It sure isn’t smooth, 50 player cap on top of that lol.

You dont need to work in development to make a judgement of things that you can see and test
    "You can't say X about CiG unless you work there" for some reason comes to mind.
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

I mean good on you for not comparing SC to MMO numbers on twitch which shit all over SCs numbers. You don’t compare it to mmos when it suits you of course. But if it favors SC to compare it to something you do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    "You can't say X about CiG unless you work there" for some reason comes to mind.
    Only if it benefits him would he say that, gawd!

Numbers when in a vacuum loose meaning.

Remove it and you remove the essence.
    This is just so weird to read after your twitch post. It's like 2 different people wrote a comment from completely polar viewpoints.

You say 'numbers when in a vacuum lose meaning' but this is what your post did. SC's numbers have no meaning despite you trying to use them as an example of it being more popular.

Context is everything. Exactly, so why leave out the context?

Remove it and you remove the essence. So why remove it? This is just so odd.

SC has both a free fly week ongoing and has also had a recent patch. Both of these create an increase of players and therefore viewers. The other games have neither of these things at the moment. Thus the numbers in a vacuum are useless, the context is removed and the essence is lost.
    Last edited by 1001; 2022-05-24 at 08:28 PM.

the game is actually running very smoothly
    AAAAHAHAHA. The game has so many bugs that I quit trying to play it after days of lost progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    AAAAHAHAHA. The game has so many bugs that I quit trying to play it after days of lost progress.
    I think of the dishonesty that gets spewed by those two the ones that claim the game is running well, is smooth and so on are the best. Yeah a 50 player cap MMO that is prone to server crashes every few hours with massive bugs is DA BEST EVAH.

But the servers are clogged man! Too many people trying to play. You know like 51 people trying to get on the same server, WHEW, too much to handle man.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This is just so weird to read after your twitch post. It's like 2 different people wrote a comment from completely polar viewpoints.
    It’s okay as long as it’s convenient.

Also, spoiler alert, for those unaware you can read the entire post and get all the needed context just by clicking the quotation (It won’t make it any better), so all that poetic hypocritic crap just really means that once again he was caught with his pants down. It happens when you are not half as smart as you try to portray yourself as, and are willing to say whatever it takes to defend something against everything for years, you just lose track of what your opinions are supposed to be and start stumbling all over the place.
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B