1. #15501
    The graphs showcase the average numbers of both streamers and viewers from 2017 till now.

    So 5 years of data.

    Some growth, some stability, some spike of interest and some recession in activity along the years.

    I think it matches Star Citizen player/funding growth like a glove.

    Coincidence? I think not.

  2. #15502
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I think not.
    Sums up this post.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  3. #15503
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Coincidence? I think not.
    Twitch viewers =/= player count, game growth, stability of said game, money game is making, nothing.

    Twitch can give a bit of information, one data point that does not mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

  4. #15504
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Palatka, Fl, USA
    Posts
    245
    Twitch stats again? I watch people play Europa Universalis IV, HoI4, and Crusader Kings 2 & 3. Yet I don't play any of those games. Just because you watch someone play a game is in no way an indicator that they play said game @MrAnderson you are making assumptions that you can in no way back up.

  5. #15505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yes, "off the charts" with 4k viewers.

    SC is now neck-and-neck with this hot new hit title:

    Quoting so he has to see it on the next page as well.

  6. #15506
    Awww SC won't have a shitty zoomer twitch following, what a loss... not.

  7. #15507
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,829
    Game popularity would probably ramp up if they actually released SQ42.

    Holy Christ the game is buggy though. I was playing over the weekend and had simple bugs like not being able to retrieve my ships multiple times, packages exploding inside my ship arbitrarily, and the automatic landing system and radar bugs for marking landing zones not working. Looks pretty but when you can barely get the game to function and the servers have significant issues even with playing with friends, yeah it's not good. Give me the single player.

  8. #15508
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Quoting so he has to see it on the next page as well.
    ... and I'll repeat, that' an average during a big event.

    On a normal day, let's say February 9th, this is how it actually looks like:


    This "But look at dem twitch stats!" crap is old, pointless, and dumb but for some reason he insists on it.
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

  9. #15509
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    whatever the developers do is whats best for the game,
    If you unironically believe this, then I don't want to see you criticize Blizzard or any other developer for decisions they make on their games ever again. You've lost all credibility with this statement.

  10. #15510
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    If you unironically believe this, then I don't want to see you criticize Blizzard or any other developer for decisions they make on their games ever again. You've lost all credibility with this statement.
    How can i lose any credibility when i dont actively go around talking bad things about what developers are doing, i actually defend the choices other game companies make.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  11. #15511
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Have you used building blocks tool no so you dont understand the tool, its just that simple.
    Being a chief myself and seeing how the other chief in restaurant prepares me a meal with feces i can be pretty sure its not gonna be tasty.

    Meanwhile you don't even know what that chief is doing cause you never cooked anything in your entire life.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  12. #15512
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Knew very little about this game outside the general infamy, found this video very informative:



    Gotta admit from what is shown of the game it does actually look cool but I'm firmly against any kind of early access. I prefer to wait for a full release before giving a game any of my time.
    Good luck with that. It's vaporware. It will never release. Once it releases and faces scrutiny, the grift will come to a halt. Better to keep it as pre release while constantly adding new ships to buy while retinkering everything that has become outdated due to the passage of time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    If you unironically believe this, then I don't want to see you criticize Blizzard or any other developer for decisions they make on their games ever again. You've lost all credibility with this statement.
    Honestly, he never had any credibility.

  13. #15513
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    i dont actively go around talking bad things about what developers are doing
    Humm....

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED is just a shell of a game in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    current alpha is miles better than ED and thats a similar game
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Elite Dangerous, more to do in SC now in one system than the whole of what ED has
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    there is equal or even more gameplay currently in game than ED the only other game remotely similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is more to do in SC than ED and thats a fact
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Fact is SC offers more than ED does
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED is a half decent game but it is massively lacking in depth and meaning
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED is a bland game, i have experienced all it has to offer and it holds no interest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED exploration is boring and at the simplest level of gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    EDs flight and travel is terrible compared to what SC currently has ingame and no immersion at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Everything in ED is basic
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    skill is not even a factor in ED its just too simple
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED just doesnt feel like a space game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED is just a bland forgetful experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED is boring and has no content
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ED lacks any sort of depth it loses interest very quickly
    Hummmm....

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    FF raids are boring and easy.
    hummmmmmmmm....

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    blizz cant even fix the main issues in current WoW
    Shall I keep digging, or is that enough?

    Also, big lol:

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have already lost the argument over and over and yet refuse to admit you are wrong about it, seems you are a little too far gone.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-05-25 at 08:16 PM.
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

  14. #15514
    Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Shall I keep digging, or is that enough?
    Haha damn you work fast. Nope no bad talking devs there!

  15. #15515
    The thing that kills me with this Twitch stats argument is how useless those numbers actually are. I have no idea if he still does, but I know Dan Gheesling used to stream SC. How many people are watching him because they're interested in the game compared to people just watching because it's Dan?

    Twitch stats are useless because of this. They mean nothing. Less than nothing. SC could randomly be the most viewed game on the platform one day because Shroud decided to play it for an afternoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Shall I keep digging, or is that enough?
    You are an artist, and I appreciate your work.
    Last edited by Henako; 2022-05-25 at 08:46 PM.

  16. #15516
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha damn you work fast. Nope no bad talking devs there!
    The ED quotes are from “Exhibit A” in my signature, the rest is all from a randomly selected page (#5 I believe) from his post history =/
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

  17. #15517
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    The thing that kills me with this Twitch stats argument is how useless those numbers actually are. I have no idea if he still does, but I know Dan Gheesling used to stream SC. How many people are watching him because they're interested in the game compared to people just watching because it's Dan?

    Twitch stats are useless because of this. They mean nothing. Less than nothing. SC could randomly be the most viewed game on the platform one day because Shroud decided to play it for an afternoon.
    I'll have to see if I can dig it up but I know a company or two came out and said that twitch viewership didn't exactly corelate to an increase in revenue/sales in any noticeable measure, but I would hazard that is for smaller games. I am sure there is money to be had with twitch viewers also buying the game their fave streamer is playing, or else all these #ad #sponsered streams wouldn't be a thing. But for games that are just being played by streamers with no major incentive or event going on how much money is being made from viewers? I bet it isn't a lot.

    Games were popular long before twitch was ever a thing, take WoW for example, it didn't need streamers to generate buzz for the game and try to make some money. If twitch vanished today many games that people play will STILL be played.

    How much money does a company make if a viewer of a stream already had the game that the streamer is playing? 0. So for every SC viewer of streams ALREADY has paid, oh sorry 'donated'...wait... pledged? Is it pledged now? Anyways, for every SC viewer that already has money involved in SC it isn't making them more. Same is true for any paid game that already got the money from players long ago.

  18. #15518
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Being a chief myself and seeing how the other chief in restaurant prepares me a meal with feces i can be pretty sure its not gonna be tasty.

    Meanwhile you don't even know what that chief is doing cause you never cooked anything in your entire life.
    You have proven over and over you talk nothing but nonsense, until you have used a tool you claim is bad you are just plain lying, you have no single idea of what is better to develop star citizen or not, you lost the argument the moment you started lying about knowing anything about star citizens tool.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  19. #15519
    Kenn,

    You have proven over and over you talk nothing but nonsense, until you have used a tool you claim is good you are just plain lying, you have no single idea of what is better to develop star citizen or not, you lost the argument the moment you started lying about knowing anything about star citizens tool.

  20. #15520
    Dismissing 5 years of data by posting 1 day of data.

    Guess it's still easier to bury the head in the sand than to admit the continuous progress of Star Citizen and consequentially, it's player-base and funding.

    Already posted the main reasons for such growth:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    A lot of game changing features and performance improvements, Elite:Odyssey bombing and a lot of Elite players and content creators turning to Star Citizen, a lot of hugely popular Youtubers starting to play Star Citizen more seriously it's no wonder that the popularity is off the charts.
    Here's the link of the tracker: https://twitchtracker.com/

    You can observe every game's growth spike date and track it's origin thanks to some kind of new update/event.

    The data following such spikes is just as relevant. As retaining a % of interest gamers is a show of success of all GAAS.

    As for the useless UI Tools back and forth... It's simple really, the professionals making the game are the ones who will better know what UI features are needed. If they decided to build their own tool is because they've found that to be the best solution for their case.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-05-26 at 12:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •