1. #15521
    Regardless of any twitch stats or funding stats, the game has a very small amount of backers for the time and its supposed popularity.

    Right now they have ~1.27M backers, an increase of just 97,000 in 1.5 years (CR letter 1,178M Dec 2020). For them to reach 3M paid backers will require another 17.8 years at this rate.

    Elite had 3.5M sales of the base game last I checked, at the rate of SC's growth they will need another 23 years to hit 3.5M sales of their game.

  2. #15522
    I've just come from the year 2047
    SC finally did it guys
    The concept ship Molusk which is a solar powered drilling rig with low orbit capabilities has become playable

    Drilling is still in development but it looks nice from the 5 second clip and the road map shows that in the next 5 years a beta might be talked about but we need to have 20 planets first

  3. #15523
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    I've just come from the year 2047
    SC finally did it guys
    The concept ship Molusk which is a solar powered drilling rig with low orbit capabilities has become playable

    Drilling is still in development but it looks nice from the 5 second clip and the road map shows that in the next 5 years a beta might be talked about but we need to have 20 planets first
    Funnily enough, low orbit drilling platforms were seen in the very first publicly playable version of Star Citizen, the Arena Commander module, from 8 years ago. They conspicuously do not fit the art direction/feel of current SC. Nothing else in SC even comes close the sheer amount of power output for the size of those laser platforms. The largest ship in canon, the Retribution, seems to be larger than those laser platforms and yet doesn't seem to tote around a gigantic laser like that. The Idris has a big laser but the Idris is relatively tiny compared to those laser platforms and the Retribution. I don't think those Arena Commander laser platforms have ever been referenced in the MMO or in the lore on the website, so who knows if they're even canon anymore.




  4. #15524
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have proven over and over you talk nothing but nonsense, until you have used a tool you claim is bad you are just plain lying, you have no single idea of what is better to develop star citizen or not, you lost the argument the moment you started lying about knowing anything about star citizens tool.
    Dude, you dont even understand what was shown in video, let alone understand the issues with redesigning a super complex wheel (that is UI toolKIT).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  5. #15525
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Dismissing 5 years of data by posting 1 day of data.

    Guess it's still easier to bury the head in the sand than to admit the continuous progress of Star Citizen and consequentially, it's player-base and funding.
    Stop projecting your issues into others, as there are a couple of posts filled with contradictions waiting to be addressed by you and Kenn.

    No one dismissed the 5 year data:

    Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    In the last 7 days, due the event, because the overall average is around 1k viewers.
    The average of those 5 years of data should be around 1-2k viewers, I'll gladly do the math for you once I get the time for it, so if anyone is dismissing something here is you, half of the discussion, just for the cherry picking sake.

    Also, I don't think anyone here is denying progress with Star Citizen, that's just you trying to move goalposts, the point of the discussion is that twitch stats are a really poor ass metric to measure such progress.
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

  6. #15526
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude, you dont even understand what was shown in video, let alone understand the issues with redesigning a super complex wheel (that is UI toolKIT).
    Then why do you keep talking to him seriously? Just taunt him for fun like every other normal human being, and stop getting trolled.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

    yall im smh @ ur simplified english

  7. #15527
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Funnily enough, low orbit drilling platforms were seen in the very first publicly playable version of Star Citizen, the Arena Commander module, from 8 years ago. They conspicuously do not fit the art direction/feel of current SC. Nothing else in SC even comes close the sheer amount of power output for the size of those laser platforms. The largest ship in canon, the Retribution, seems to be larger than those laser platforms and yet doesn't seem to tote around a gigantic laser like that. The Idris has a big laser but the Idris is relatively tiny compared to those laser platforms and the Retribution. I don't think those Arena Commander laser platforms have ever been referenced in the MMO or in the lore on the website, so who knows if they're even canon anymore.



    They better pay me royalties when they actually make the molusk

  8. #15528
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude, you dont even understand what was shown in video, let alone understand the issues with redesigning a super complex wheel (that is UI toolKIT).
    You are the one who dosnt understand what is in the video, you cant claim anything about the tool if you have not used it fully, a short video making a UI does not explain how the tool works at all, you will never win an arguement when all you do is lie about things you will never understand.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  9. #15529
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You are the one who dosnt understand what is in the video, you cant claim anything about the tool if you have not used it fully, a short video making a UI does not explain how the tool works at all, you will never win an arguement when all you do is lie about things you will never understand.
    And you are the biggest hypocrite in the thread.

  10. #15530
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,829
    Y'all need to stop arguing with someone who is generally dishonest, no sense clogging up this thread with his bullshit by engaging with him. Just put him on ignore and eventually his constant defending of a broken as fuck product will stop.

  11. #15531
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You are the one who dosnt understand what is in the video, you cant claim anything about the tool if you have not used it fully, a short video making a UI does not explain how the tool works at all, you will never win an arguement when all you do is lie about things you will never understand.
    XDDDDDDDDDD ICANT

    Which part of:

    "Their individual blocks are written in C++ and they have bootleg chromium inspector which is essentially reinventing the wheel"

    You dont understand?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  12. #15532
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    XDDDDDDDDDD ICANT

    Which part of:

    "Their individual blocks are written in C++ and they have bootleg chromium inspector which is essentially reinventing the wheel"

    You dont understand?
    You dont have any idea of how the tool is developed or how it actually functions, you also dont know what the game requires for its features, they made a tool with a handful of ppl that does the job and allows any dev in the company to develop thier own UI for the feature they are working on, dont talk BS about things you will never understand.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #15533
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yes, "off the charts" with 4k viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    In the last 7 days, due the event, because the overall average is around 1k viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Dismissing 5 years of data by posting 1 day of data.
    Average monthly viewership from 05/2022 to 12/2016:

    3200, 1600, 1100, 1300, 1700, 1800, 2500, 2200, 971, 1200, 1000, 1200, 2200, 1200, 1100, 1800, 1400, 2000, 2300, 1300, 1100, 1100, 1400, 2800, 3700, 1500, 1000, 1400, 1700, 2600, 2100, 1800, 857, 676, 866, 591, 736, 1100, 875, 895, 1000, 2000, 1300, 989, 266, 283, 722, 318, 304, 440, 280, 188, 347, 676, 599, 397, 197, 478, 168, 151, 195, 181, 141, 184, 302, 461

    From: https://twitchtracker.com/games/71375

    Sum: 74434, Count: 66
    Average: 1127 viewers

    There you go, I might be wrong, so feel free to re-do the math yourself.

    Just don’t forget to go radio silent now like you often do whenever you stumble upon an inconvenient post, it will look even better now after preaching about how much easier it is to bury the head in the sand…well, at least it comes from personal experience I guess. Regardless, I’ll be looking forward for the random ass nothing-has-happened YouTube video in a couple of days.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    dont talk BS about things you will never understand.
    It never gets old....
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-05-26 at 05:36 PM.
    "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest."
    Exhibit A & Exhibit B

  14. #15534
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You are the one who dosnt understand what is in the video, you cant claim anything about the tool if you have not used it fully,
    At this point you should either own up to being a dev on this most excellent car crash of a game or just take your own advice and shut the fuck up about things you obviously haven't used or know about as you are not an SC dev and thus, according to you, can know nothing.

  15. #15535
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    At this point you should either own up to being a dev on this most excellent car crash of a game or just take your own advice and shut the fuck up about things you obviously haven't used or know about as you are not an SC dev and thus, according to you, can know nothing.
    You cant claim something is crap without actually using it, thats just basic common sense that many ppl lack, i have seen the star citizen tool in action and its already proven to not be bad at what it actually does, devs dont make tools for no reason and making a tool to make things easier and faster is what the devs are supposed to do, no decent dev would insult anothers work especially without even using it in the first place.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  16. #15536
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont have any idea of how the tool is developed or how it actually functions, you also dont know what the game requires for its features, they made a tool with a handful of ppl that does the job and allows any dev in the company to develop thier own UI for the feature they are working on, dont talk BS about things you will never understand.
    You can, it has been shown in video, just because you dont understand it, doesn't mean nobody else can understand it.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  17. #15537
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You can, it has been shown in video, just because you dont understand it, doesn't mean nobody else can understand it.
    A few minutes video barely shows anything, it also doesnt show how its actually built or what the tools capabilities are, so you will always be talking complete nonsense because you have no idea about the tool they are using, its clear you dont understand anything.

    You are not a game developer for CiG so you dont understand the games actual requirements or what will actually work for the game, its very highly doubtfull you are even a dev at all at this point because no dev would claim this amount of BS without actually having used the tools they are talking about.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-26 at 11:22 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  18. #15538
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A few minutes video barely shows anything, it also doesnt show how its actually built or what the tools capabilities are, so you will always be talking complete nonsense because you have no idea about the tool they are using, its clear you dont understand anything.

    You are not a game developer for CiG so you dont understand the games actual requirements or what will actually work for the game, its very highly doubtfull you are even a dev at all at this point because no dev would claim this amount of BS without actually having used the tools they are talking about.
    "barely shows anything", yeah dude why are you even talking about something you have zero clue about? Its clear as day you haven't even sniff development.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  19. #15539
    Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Stop projecting your issues into others, as there are a couple of posts filled with contradictions waiting to be addressed by you and Kenn.

    No one dismissed the 5 year data:



    The average of those 5 years of data should be around 1-2k viewers, I'll gladly do the math for you once I get the time for it, so if anyone is dismissing something here is you, half of the discussion, just for the cherry picking sake.

    Also, I don't think anyone here is denying progress with Star Citizen, that's just you trying to move goalposts, the point of the discussion is that twitch stats are a really poor ass metric to measure such progress.
    You don't need to do the math, all that data is available in the multiple Sites that track Twitch stats.

    As Star Citizen development continues the game gets more fleshed out more enjoyable it is so more players join the fun and more funding it gets.

    Hence the recurrent funding and player concurrency records year after year.

    Twtch growth is a consequence of said evolution. One metric of many about player engagement.

    Same can be observed in Youtube videos about the game. With content creators with millions of subscribers like JackFrags, LevelCapGaming, Ollie etc playing Star Citizen and showcasing the game to thousands of players that then buy the game to try it themselves.

    Which is year after year the game sees the player concurrency increase and funding following it.

    And this while still in alpha stage roughness, players knowing that everything will be wiped mixed with the hardcore nature of a sandbox universe open pvp with full loot and total loss of gear when dying show's there's a market for these kind of game experiences.

    So, it's only natural that it will continue to grow and evolve into the game we all want it to be.

    As much as that might be a thorn in the detractors sides.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-05-27 at 02:40 PM.

  20. #15540
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    "barely shows anything", yeah dude why are you even talking about something you have zero clue about? Its clear as day you haven't even sniff development.
    You are completely clueless on development of star citizen, a short video doesnt show how the tool is actually made or how it implements its systems in the game, it also doesnt show all the other features that the tool actually does, you are either the worst developer in existance or are just flat out lying about being in development in the first place.

    Facts are you have not used the tool, that alone makes you completely unqualified to state it is a terrible tool compared to whatever you perceive to be better, you have no idea and will never win an argument without actual real facts.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •