Can't believe people are still argueing with kenn and andy. This thread should have died ages ago, like the idea of finding a game somewhere in that giant dumpster fire that is called SC.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Why crusade about a game many people enjoy and are fine with just because you have an axe to grind?

I dont like Genshin Impact or fancy it's predatory loot box tactics but I don't feel the urge spend my life obssessing over it or go to it's game thread and harrass those enjoy it because they made almost $4 billions in just 2 years.

Live and let live and all that.
    Roflmao, imagine spending 8 years in a thread insulting the people simply for disagreeing with you, just to sit here now and complain about getting "harassed" just for "enjoying" a video game, and you ask me what am doing here? Dude, this is pure comedy, for free.

Also kind of funny that loot boxes in Genshin Impact are predatory (Won't disagree with that), however microtransactions up to the thousands of dollars on stuff that wasn't even developed yet in a 40$ alpha access are not =P
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    How many years does a game get to shield itself with the alpha tag before people are allowed to criticize it?
    Why would a game that has been publicly (sold/released) to the public in alpha/early-access stage for many years now would need to shield itself?

There's been several free-weeks per year where everyone who wants could download the game and try it. There's no secrecy or attempt of hiding the stage of it's development. There's core technology being developed and added to the game to reach it's intended goals. They're going for an online open universe mmo along with the single-player game (which is the priority right now) without cutting any corners to achieve their intended gameplay design. So it's only natural that it takes as long as it needs them to implement the features they want to implement. Since most of was new ground a lot of the time and work done was in How to achieve the results they wanted aka R&D.

You acknowledge Genshin Impact of having predatory loot box tactics but you don't attack Star Citizen for having predatory cash shops? BOTH are fucking bad. Draining money out of consumers is not a GOOD thing for the consumer. It is GREAT for the companies themselves but not for the players.
    But there's no loot boxes in Star Citizen so no gacha mechanics aka gambling tactics. I don't get why you would say that Star Citizen cash shop is predatory. If your pledging for a item you want specifically you get that item, not a random box that might have that item inside. Being it a cosmetic item or a particular flyable ship. When you pledge for concept ships you also do so knowing that early funding will help to make that ship and the game in general.

Also, if you pledged for one ship that you end up not liking for a particular reason you can "melt" it and get your credits back to spend on other stuff.

It's a Buy 2 Play game instead of a Free 2 Play model. There's no Mobile Version. It's a heavy hardware requirement game so the entry fee is steep. It's graphics/setting doesn't specially cater to children or juvenile adults. Ships/Armour are very easy to acquire in Star Citizen since they added a Rent Model which means a new player can be competitive in PVP and PVE from day one in terms of gear. There's full looting in Star Citizen and no levels to grind. Also, the cosmetic items that players buy in the store are also present in the universe everyone plays, so not only you can loot cosmetic items from players but also loot them ingame.

I take enjoyment out of discussing bullshit practices when I see them. I had fun in the Trials of Ascension thread that was a prime example of incompetence in motion. I view gacha games as predatory types of gambling simulators with pretty pixels. I'm not on a crusade or even obsessing over it. I post when there is something to discuss and I like watching ardent defenders of shitty practices twist themselves into knots to try and defend something. Simple as that.
    But why obsess with Star Citizen instead of Genshin Impact (who makes double in 6 months of what Star Citizen did in 10 years) or any other gacha game too?

snip
    Its completely pointless to have any discussion with him, he has proven time and time again he is not here for any sort of intellectual discussion about anything nor does he have interest in playing the game so he is even unable to discuss about the actual gameplay, put him in his rightful place and noone will talk to him.

he simply doesnt understand games take time and money to develop, is he going to moan about gta 6 taking 12 or more years to develop and even more money that star citizen spending on 2 games.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Can't split quotes atm and sorry if I miss something.

You just proved my point lol. I said you would only know 1-2 devs a game. Those devs you named are the faces each of them worked with dozens if not hundreds of people on the games they are famous for.

A burger joint chef will still know that a michelin grade chef shouldn't cook their hamburger for 23 months and can still tell that if someone did do that that it would be abnormal.
    Plenty of those dev's worked together though. The point is the pedigree of a developer will mirror his experience when talking about games. I asked you about any game of that developer and you dodged the question because you realised he hadn't done nothing noteworthy for the context of these games.

And that chef analogy show's you're not in tune with the work of Heston Blumenthal and many other chef's that go the extra mile in their cooking.

Its taking that long because of the ambitious goals? If that's true then are you either saying Chris Roberts is a liar and repeatedly gave out false dates in order to keep the cash flowing or you are saying he is an incompetent leader and kept giving dates he truly believed were possible but he just lacked the proper game development knowledge to realize he was giving unrealistic dates? I'm curious which of these you believe is true cause there is no other possibilities.
    Yes it's taking that long because of it's ambitious goals. They are moved by features they want to acomplish not artificial "dates" or forecasts given years ago they realised what they wanted to do or how long it would take.

Do you see any other game doing what Star Citizen is doing? No loading Screens, AAA+ Graphics at micro and macro scale, Twitch combat, Heavy physics simulation and going for a seamless shared online universe?

If you followed game development you'd noticed how many games "original" date changes, take a look at all the other crowdfunded mmorpg's kickstart "dates" for example or the more public developments of games that have been in the works for as long as Star Citizen.

BTW, In case you haven't noticed Chris Roberts stopped giving dates long time ago, yet the money keeps flowing, in fact, it doesn't just "keep flowing" it pours as they keep breaking funding records every year with this year already beating last year.

There is one other poster who posts here exclusively. And even if they were paid by some other game there is no way in hell you would be willing to correct lies and shit on Star Citizen so why even lie and claim you would want to take the job of shitting on star citizen and correcting people who post lies?
    If you look closely you'll find more than one though. But rationalize it as you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Roflmao, imagine spending 8 years in a thread insulting the people simply for disagreeing with you, just to sit here now and complain about getting "harassed" just for "enjoying" a video game, and you ask me what am doing here? Dude, this is pure comedy, for free.

Also kind of funny that loot boxes in Genshin Impact are predatory (Won't disagree with that), however microtransactions up to the thousands of dollars on stuff that wasn't even developed yet in a 40$ alpha access are not =P
    Have you forgot your own post history Myobi? You asked to remove it (ashamed of your behaviour and to cover your tracks) but one can still track your behaviour attacking posters in this thread from way back, not me or ken, but other gamers who enjoyed dared to post content about it's development or progress. So you have a history of harassing anyone posting in this thread from way back, probably what gave you your first ban's and fuelled that obsession that keeps going strong. Amusingly, much like Star Citizen development and funding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its completely pointless to have any discussion with him, he has proven time and time again he is not here for any sort of intellectual discussion about anything nor does he have interest in playing the game so he is even unable to discuss about the actual gameplay, put him in his rightful place and noone will talk to him.

he simply doesnt understand games take time and money to develop, is he going to moan about gta 6 taking 12 or more years to develop and even more money that star citizen spending on 2 games.
    That's the issue, they are unable to add to any kind of discussion because they still seem stuck in 2015 doomsday narrative that it's all a scam and will collapse anytime soon. They're unable to accept or simply ignore the progress the game has made and that many players, old and new, have been having fun playing for years and are willingly CIG money to do so happily knowing that development is ongoing and there's more milestones ahead.

Ironically Star Citizen success also feeds from it's haters obsessive crusade so it's not all bad.

I find hilarious that MrAnderson wants to be taken seriously yet went ahead and quoted the largest autism adding post count person in this website where his main goal is arguing in every thread he participates by writing paragraphs of repeated sentences.

Don't get me wrong, they are both entertainment for different reasons but had to post here as this is kinda historical.

On topic, since some people are so "elevated" they might have God's knowledge on why once again right before a patch was supposedly coming out was pushed out to maybe next quarter? Pretty sure it's about quality right? Or maybe great planning.

Speaking of, Star Atlas (yes Star Citizen NFT version) seems to be following along on selling the dream, which makes you wonder from a gaming industry perspective if they are setting a new norm. Pay for stuff get a shittiest version of our ideal game out to satisfy legal requirements and whenever down the line we feel like it release potentially something to show development.

Do note, I don't hate on Star Citizen as a game as it has potential but wrong people on the helm. (Let's not forget they are fraudster themselves as defrauded the German government to make Slevin Number 7 and the government had to patch that loophole, but given the benefit of the doubt, I will say it.CR needs out, as got no clue in planning. Before as well someone says he built a company up, with 500 million even the dumbest of monkeys could hire people that can help build a company from the ground up...

Meanwhile Cuphead, Hades, Hollow knight, Enter the gungeon with minimal people managed with teams of max 20 people (some had only 4!!!!) To make game of the year contenders or winners.

Star citizen we agree with a much larger scope, tons of more developers and budget had a broken WIP alpha with MANY offices across the globe .

Conclusions are your own where the issues lie. Is it really so many bad developers/game designer/programmers/product owners/project manager exist inside there or there's a circus behind the scenes with higher management?

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    snip
    Without CR there would be no promising space game to wait for, he is the only one that pushed to create a space game of this level, plus it takes more than just one person to run a company, your speculation on how the company operates doesnt prove how good or bad the company operates since most companies give no information at all during a games development until its nearly ready and even then several large companies still need to push back for more time.

Different types of games take different amounts of time and resources, Star Citizen is constantly proving to be the best space game available and it will only evolve to be even better.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    I find hilarious that MrAnderson wants to be taken seriously yet went ahead and quoted the largest autism adding post count person in this website where his main goal is arguing in every thread he participates by writing paragraphs of repeated sentences.

Don't get me wrong, they are both entertainment for different reasons but had to post here as this is kinda historical.

On topic, since some people are so "elevated" they might have God's knowledge on why once again right before a patch was supposedly coming out was pushed out to maybe next quarter? Pretty sure it's about quality right? Or maybe great planning.

Speaking of, Star Atlas (yes Star Citizen NFT version) seems to be following along on selling the dream, which makes you wonder from a gaming industry perspective if they are setting a new norm. Pay for stuff get a shittiest version of our ideal game out to satisfy legal requirements and whenever down the line we feel like it release potentially something to show development.

Do note, I don't hate on Star Citizen as a game as it has potential but wrong people on the helm. (Let's not forget they are fraudster themselves as defrauded the German government to make Slevin Number 7 and the government had to patch that loophole, but given the benefit of the doubt, I will say it.CR needs out, as got no clue in planning. Before as well someone says he built a company up, with 500 million even the dumbest of monkeys could hire people that can help build a company from the ground up...

Meanwhile Cuphead, Hades, Hollow knight, Enter the gungeon with minimal people managed with teams of max 20 people (some had only 4!!!!) To make game of the year contenders or winners.

Star citizen we agree with a much larger scope, tons of more developers and budget had a broken WIP alpha with MANY offices across the globe .

Conclusions are your own where the issues lie. Is it really so many bad developers/game designer/programmers/product owners/project manager exist inside there or there's a circus behind the scenes with higher management?
    Updates are delivered to evocati when they are needed to be tested by a larger amount of players. If they aren't ready yet is because some extra work was needed, this applies to game development in general.

Let's face it. If it was so easy to make a game like Star Citizen some other studio with more money and experience would have done it by now and rake in the cash. Naming smaller scoped indie games, none of them a mmo, in fact all of them single-player is not an apt comparison with big production games.

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are part of the new generation of AAAA+. If you want to make comparisons at least go for the studios going for games of at least an approximated scope.

Studios like Rockstar, Ubisoft or RIOT who have way more money and developers/studios than CIG also take their sweet time doing their big and ambitious games in secrecy, why would it be any easier or faster for CIG which is a newer company with less money and less people and is juggling 2 types of games while maintaining a live playable build at the same time it's being developed.

Speaking of RIOT, some might know other's don't but they announced officially they're working on a MMO through the lead Dev (Greg Street) (ex-WoW Ghostcrawler in the forums) twitter.

He had this to say about the why along with explaining the downsides of opening game development to the masses too soon (this is something that crowdfunded studios have to trade in a way to get funding).

Source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-10-03 at 08:55 PM.

Also another good one: Delays In Games

Worthy sub!

I'm glad you agree with him

Quote Originally Posted by Old Game Dev (12m04s)
    I do think that a date does provide completion urgency, and we keep coming back to that as being something that you need on your project. Without the need to put your pencils down and be done with something, because a date is approaching, some people on your team will never be done with something, they will keep iterating forever. Because almost all features could be slightly better, or at least slightly different, and you may churn for all time. If you want to go the Blizzard route, and basically make it done when it's done, be aware that often that's going to come at the consequence of essentially having a lot of difficulty completing anything.

From the comments:

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveIt1051
    Shigeru Miyamoto has said, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." He would later expound that if you release a game in a bad state you will always regret it. But then on the other end of the spectrum you have Star Citizen, which by the time it comes out people will actually be living in space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Game Dev
    Duke Nukem Forever is another game delayed until it had to be rebooted several times.
    You have to ship eventually.

Plenty of those dev's worked together though. The point is the pedigree of a developer will mirror his experience when talking about games. I asked you about any game of that developer and you dodged the question because you realised he hadn't done nothing noteworthy for the context of these games.

And that chef analogy show's you're not in tune with the work of Heston Blumenthal and many other chef's that go the extra mile in their cooking.

Yes it's taking that long because of it's ambitious goals. They are moved by features they want to acomplish not artificial "dates" or forecasts given years ago they realised what they wanted to do or how long it would take.

Do you see any other game doing what Star Citizen is doing? No loading Screens, AAA+ Graphics at micro and macro scale, Twitch combat, Heavy physics simulation and going for a seamless shared online universe?

If you followed game development you'd noticed how many games "original" date changes, take a look at all the other crowdfunded mmorpg's kickstart "dates" for example or the more public developments of games that have been in the works for as long as Star Citizen.

BTW, In case you haven't noticed Chris Roberts stopped giving dates long time ago, yet the money keeps flowing, in fact, it doesn't just "keep flowing" it pours as they keep breaking funding records every year with this year already beating last year.

If you look closely you'll find more than one though. But rationalize it as you need.
    Plenty of those devs worked together? Whats plenty? Notice how almost all those devs have less than good quality games as well? If pedigree is so important like you claim then why do they have some shit ones? Also what does that say about Chris Roberts when his pedigree is only making some good games if he has someone to bail him out?

Lol I didn't dodge the question. I mentioned him working for Disney but that no matter what he did it would never be enough for you.

Please show me Heston Blumenthal's 23 month hamburgers and how it was determined to be the perfect burger that everyone is now copying. It's so sad you gotta try and change the flow of discussion because you have no leg to stand on.

Show me how many games "original" date changes have been over 10 years and it not be due to massive incompetence or shady business dealings.

A couple years in an almost 20 year development is along time ago now? And nowhere did I mention money. Why are you trying to bring it up like it proves its not a scam or incompetence or what ever? You think because some NFT game made 2 billion dollars before it was shutdown and its players lost everything it means it wasn't a scam?

Please name the other people then. Even Kenn posts in other threads. It's always funny to see someone who is clearly floundering to find a point tell people to do their own research instead of showing proof. On a side note I have proof aliens are in fact real and on Earth. I can't show you the proof though you will have to look it up yourself.

Have you forgot your own post history Myobi? You asked to remove it (ashamed of your behaviour and to cover your tracks) but one can still track your behaviour attacking posters in this thread from way back, not me or ken, but other gamers who enjoyed dared to post content about it's development or progress. So you have a history of harassing anyone posting in this thread from way back, probably what gave you your first ban's and fuelled that obsession that keeps going strong. Amusingly, much like Star Citizen development and funding.
    No, I haven’t, it’s why its so easy to call bullshit on that.

But I’m glad that those can still be tracked, that way you shouldn’t have a problem backing that shit up with some of them, because I’m fairly positive that I’ve never insulted or “attacked” people just for supporting the game, or any game in fact, and I can tell you even more, my first criticism in this thread wasn’t even towards the project, but to a user by the name of evcRO, for actually insulting backers, the same way you do to the people who simply criticize it.

But you know what, don’t just take my word for it! Ask @Val the Moofia Boss who supports and backed the project, been here since early on, ask him how many times I’ve “attacked” him for it, or how many times he did see me insulting other over it, go ahead, do it

Hell, just see for yourself, me, viciously attacking posters in this thread for supporting SC ; )

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...l#post53783994
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...p#post53176035
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post53868643

… and as I told you before, me deleting my account had nothing to do with you or this thread my dude. Even assuming that all that hot air was true, you forget a tiny little detail, I’m not the one pointing fingers at others accusing them of negativity and toxicity every fucking page while pretending to be any fucking better, that’s you.

Just desperate. So very desperate…

Let’s face it, there is a reason why instead of addressing my actual criticism towards the project, you just keep trying to make this about me, my infractions, my supposed intentions and motives, all while burying your head deep in the sand when it comes to your own.

You are deeply emotional attached to a video game company.

You take every bit of criticism towards it, as an insult towards yourself.

Then you defend the "company" by projecting your own faults onto others.

I don’t hate Star Citizen, nor CiG, I hate its business practices and I criticize them just as I’ve openly criticized plenty of other crowdfunded projects before it. I also don’t hate people who support the project, nor do I go out of my way to “attack” them as you claim, in fact, I have friends that I play video games together on regular basis that also backed it. I do however, criticize people like you and Kenn, not for supporting the project, but for your self-righteous hypocritical behaviour.

... so I’ll ask you again, why is it okay for you to call people who criticize Star Citizen, “dumb”, “ignorant”, “goons”, “brats”, “lowlifes” and whatnot for the past 8 years, yet they are the ones who are “obsessed”, “toxic” and “negative”? Why is it wrong for them to criticize multiple aspects of this project, yet it’s completely fine for you to shit on other video games such as Elite Dangerous, going as far as referring to it as a “shithole”?

It's like the third time I ask you such simple question, yet for some reason you keep refusing to provide an answer.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-10-04 at 01:56 AM.
    Ahahahaha!

Plenty of those devs worked together? Whats plenty? Notice how almost all those devs have less than good quality games as well? If pedigree is so important like you claim then why do they have some shit ones? Also what does that say about Chris Roberts when his pedigree is only making some good games if he has someone to bail him out?

Lol I didn't dodge the question. I mentioned him working for Disney but that no matter what he did it would never be enough for you.

Please show me Heston Blumenthal's 23 month hamburgers and how it was determined to be the perfect burger that everyone is now copying. It's so sad you gotta try and change the flow of discussion because you have no leg to stand on.
    So I posted several developers that have or work together in the days and most worked in at least one genre defining games in their career. Mostly Designers and Technical Engeniers who've been heavily involved in making games that shaped the industry. Experience matters. Ohl you dodged alright, I asked what games did he worked on and if you recommended anything remember. "He worked at Disney" is a bit vague don't you think.

Why the 23 month hamburger though? Why not 24 or 26? Which leg? the one that works at Disney or Universal?

Show me how many games "original" date changes have been over 10 years and it not be due to massive incompetence or shady business dealings.
    This one again? We've been through this topic soooo many times. Many games are worked for a lot of years before they are even announced. If you wanna count the very first time a game has been worked in secrecy until they actually release on you'll get several games with over 10 years from a lot of big companies. You'll get the same with games who've been in development + early access for well over more than 10 years. Just recently GTA6 development leak showed 2014 for the start of development and it's ben hinted that they'll aim for a 2024/25 as release date. Elite work started in the 97 (Lot's of R&D) in which was at the time know as Elite:4 and ended up being Dangerous for the kickstart +10 years later. Ubisoft's Skull & Bones and BeyondGoodAndEvil2 have been in development for many many years. Mount&Blade Bannerlord + 10 year development years and is still in early-access being improved upon.

A couple years in an almost 20 year development is along time ago now? And nowhere did I mention money. Why are you trying to bring it up like it proves its not a scam or incompetence or what ever? You think because some NFT game made 2 billion dollars before it was shutdown and its players lost everything it means it wasn't a scam?

Please name the other people then. Even Kenn posts in other threads. It's always funny to see someone who is clearly floundering to find a point tell people to do their own research instead of showing proof. On a side note I have proof aliens are in fact real and on Earth. I can't show you the proof though you will have to look it up yourself.
    20 year development? NFT's? What are you smoking? You didn't mentioned money? So you don't remember something you wrote a day ago?

Chris Roberts is a liar and repeatedly gave out false dates in order to keep the cash flowing
    What I showed you was that players keep giving CIG money to play Star Citizen independently if Chris Roberts gives any dates or not. Got that?

There's no need to name posters, you're a big boy you can very well go around clicking and find them yourself. While you're at it google the games those developers I name worked at. More game dev history knowledge wont hurt ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    No, I haven’t, it’s why its so easy to call bullshit on that.
    By your own words you're only interest in trolling in this thread, and you're not the only one. Unfortunately games in development attract exactly the kind of personality that thrives on negativity and toxic drama as their form of entertainment. There's 0 intention of actual critical thinking or discussion about the game of the thread. Just a huge resentment that it keeps on thriving after all the years of doomsday narratives and that players hyped about it are still happily backing the game and following it's progress.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-10-04 at 09:17 AM.

By your own words you're only interest in trolling in this thread, and you're not the only one. Unfortunately games in development attract exactly the kind of personality that thrives on negativity and toxic drama as their form of entertainment. There's 0 intention of actual critical thinking or discussion about the game of the thread. Just a huge resentment that it keeps on thriving after all the years of doomsday narratives and that players hyped about it are still happily backing the game and following it's progress.
    Why don't you go after kenn then? He basically said he only posts to troll.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

No, those weren’t my words, just your interpretation of them.

I’ll say it again, there is a reason why you keep regurgitating the same baseless wild assumptions over and over instead of actually addressing what’s actually being said.

You're full of shit. Lying and deceit it's all you got.
    I’m still waiting on those posts where I’m “attacking” other users for just sharing SC content, and wondering why haven’t you posted them in the first place.

I’m also hoping for an answer into why is it okay for you to call people who criticize Star Citizen, “dumb”, “ignorant”, “goons”, “brats”, “lowlifes” and whatnot for the past 8 years, yet they are the ones who are “obsessed”, “toxic” and “negative”? Why is it wrong for them to criticize multiple aspects of this project, yet it’s completely fine for you to shit on other video games such as Elite Dangerous, going as far as referring to it as a “shithole”?
    Ahahahaha!

This might come as a surprise but money is money, doesn't matter where it comes from. What it matters is the terms attached to it. If it comes from one single private investor, a country or a million of backers. What it matters is the terms of the investment.
    Oh, I am pretty sure Chris Roberts and CIG indeed do not care much where the money is coming from, for as long as it comes of course. No qualms there. Much like I am pretty sure those responsible for the Theranos, Madoff, or Keely Motors frauds did not care much either for as long as the money flowed (over a decade in some cases).

The ones that probably think it does matter a great deal though, are those who lost their money in all those cases with no actual product (or a very sub par one) in return after so many years. Much like there is no product release in gold after 10 years and half a billion dollars in the case of SC/SQ42. But you are surely right, the investments terms were totally a great consolation for the victims of those frauds.

Kira touches upon one of the main aspects of the development of SC here below. Well worth a watch. Zero accountability can easily lead to all kinds of incompetence and/or potential fraud, or at least to something indistinguishable from it.

By the way, with regards to this response of yours to Banmebaby:
    By your own words you're only interest in trolling in this thread, and you're not the only one.
    To which Ausr reasonably replies:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Why don't you go after kenn then? He basically said he only posts to troll.
    Also interested in reading your response to Ausr question.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2022-10-04 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Much like there is no product release in gold after 10 years and half a billion dollars in the case of SC/SQ42.
    It's not just there is "no product", is that after 10 years we are still at 1 out of 100 solar systems done, no server meshing, no server persistency, tons of features and game loops still missing... how many more decades should we expect here? According to Chris Roberts himself backers would have EVERYTHING they originally pledged for, plus "a lot more" by the end of 2015, we are almost at 2023 and still no signs of a release date for S42, let alone “everything” else.

Buutttt, hey! New ship sale incoming soon I believe, time to buy yourself an Idris.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Without CR there would be no promising space game to wait for
    Which game might that be, because we only know of the other one?

So I posted several developers that have or work together in the days and most worked in at least one genre defining games in their career. Mostly Designers and Technical Engeniers who've been heavily involved in making games that shaped the industry. Experience matters. Ohl you dodged alright, I asked what games did he worked on and if you recommended anything remember. "He worked at Disney" is a bit vague don't you think.

Why the 23 month hamburger though? Why not 24 or 26? Which leg? the one that works at Disney or Universal?

This one again? We've been through this topic soooo many times. Many games are worked for a lot of years before they are even announced. If you wanna count the very first time a game has been worked in secrecy until they actually release on you'll get several games with over 10 years from a lot of big companies. You'll get the same with games who've been in development + early access for well over more than 10 years. Just recently GTA6 development leak showed 2014 for the start of development and it's ben hinted that they'll aim for a 2024/25 as release date. Elite work started in the 97 (Lot's of R&D) in which was at the time know as Elite:4 and ended up being Dangerous for the kickstart +10 years later. Ubisoft's Skull & Bones and BeyondGoodAndEvil2 have been in development for many many years. Mount&Blade Bannerlord + 10 year development years and is still in early-access being improved upon.

20 year development? NFT's? What are you smoking? You didn't mentioned money? So you don't remember something you wrote a day ago?

What I showed you was that players keep giving CIG money to play Star Citizen independently if Chris Roberts gives any dates or not. Got that?

There's no need to name posters, you're a big boy you can very well go around clicking and find them yourself. While you're at it google the games those developers I name worked at. More game dev history knowledge wont hurt ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Go back and look at the post I did tell you what he did and then said it wouldn't be enough for you. Funny how you insist that I need to write out ever game and what he did on them and then you say: "These guys all worked on good shit and worked together trust me". Why is it when someone criticizes CIG you need DNA evidence and a video of their entire life and yet when you try and prove a point everything can be vague. Please show me all the games they worked on and what they did on them. I also noticed you ignored the point that they made some shit sandwiches too.

Becasue you claimed the guy made 23 month old hamburgers unless you just brought him up to try and handwave the analogy and were just hoping you would be able to bullshit your way into me believing you.

LOL why are you trying to count other game devs as being worked on in secrecy and an idea in a childs head when you and kenn always try to push back the true star citizen development time? That 20 should be a 10 ty for pointing it out. Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't released and isn't selling itself I think they even stopped giving basically any info after the first couple years. As far as I'm aware none of those games stated they would be released within a year or two sold the game and then continually pushed the release for another 8 years. Can you seriously not see the difference between asking people for money for a pizza you will get them in a day then saying you will get it in a week and need more money and continually doing that for another 8 years and taking your time to make a pizza and then selling it when its finished?

I was pointing out NFT games that are scams rake in tons of money. It doesn't mean that the devs of them aren't scamming the shit out of people.

No what I said was there were two options either he was purposely putting out false dates to keep the cash flowing or the dates were because of sheer incompetence and he had the best intentions. You saying "people still give money after he stopped giving dates" does not disprove either statement. People don't sink 500$ into a lootbox because they think its fun its because they already invested a hundred or two into the lootbox and got jackshit so they need to invest more into the box until they actually get the reward otherwise it will feel like they just tossed away a couple hundred bucks. You then try to say they are making much more money than before which is even farther from what I said as the point was about giving dates.

Funny how once again you go into insulting people and refusing to provide and evidence while demanding a game devs fingerprints and sexual history because he said that what Cig is doing isn't normal lol. You could have atleast tried to wait a couple posts so you didn't literally contradict yourself in the same post.

From the codex.

SCLeaks apparently got hold of SQ42 video from campaign. They teased to release it with screenshot in next few hours. CIG got a wind of it and they apparently threatened SC leaks. SCleaks complied and they won't be releasing video they got to public.
    Ahahahaha!

Curious what people (two specific people) have to say about this. Thoughts on selling skins for a ship that doesn't even exist yet? A ten dollar imaginary paintjob.

Last edited by Henako; 2022-10-06 at 10:33 PM.