I really do hope they make the FPS portion of the game as immersive as the rest of the game is suppose* to be. I really don't want to see a COD style FPS death match, instead I hope to see a game that creates a seem less line between the FPS portion of the game and the starship battle/space exploration portion of the game. For instance I hope the reason for entering into the FPS portion of the game stems from the other portion of the game, like for instance if you are star fighting outside of a certain factions spaceship and destroy all the enemy's ships or whatever, you then have the option of entering into the enemy's main space station or frigate to continue the game on foot aka the FPS portion of the game where you fight FPS style for the remainder of the battle so on and so forth.

I don't really care how they integrate the FPS into the game as long as its immersive and is cool like the way I described above. And if people want to practice just the FPS in a meaningless COD style Death match that should be okay as long as it doesn't effect the real game in any way other than providing players a place to practice their FPS skills.

Quote Originally Posted by lopiccolomage View Post
    Holy gripes! The stretch goal has stretched 6% in the past 3 or 4 hours!!

cmon guys, lets keep pumpin' this fundraiser thing until we get the most awesome PC game ever!
    Man, you are really setting yourself up for disappointment with this one. When will people learn not to cream their pants before they see if the game actually turns out great?

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Man, you are really setting yourself up for disappointment with this one. When will people learn not to cream their pants before they see if the game actually turns out great?

I would have to agree with you on this one, I was very disappointed with Destiny and I had such high hopes for it. However I am extremely glad to see that a PC game is being created (without a major publisher to ruin the game for one) and for two a game that aims to be so creative and unique! I plan on giving this game my support fail or no fail just because I think its a step in the right direction for game design. Its been a long, long time since I have seen a PC game attempt to be original, creative and take a risk in doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's just the thing chris Roberts is taking a huge risk, if it was anyone else that started the Kickstarter and crowd funding they probably would have been laughed at for the ambition

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if there would be hostage situations at all

Sounds like a pirate like thing to do, and with the death system they are having
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    that's just the thing chris Roberts is taking a huge risk, if it was anyone else that started the Kickstarter and crowd funding they probably would have been laughed at for the ambition

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if there would be hostage situations at all

Sounds like a pirate like thing to do, and with the death system they are having
    Kinda hope you can do some missions if you are more inclined to do FPS kinda stuff, *Get in a suit* kick pirate or criminal ass in the galaxy kinda thing*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what they would like, the system sees a trade route being interupted by pirates it should generate missions to merc guilds

Edit: more on the Hostage thing,

At $19 million, you have unlocked the following goals:

Know your foe with a Jane’s Fighting Ships style manual free in PDF form to all pledgers.
    Manage Space Stations – Players will compete to own and operate a limited number of space stations across the galaxy.
    RSI Museum will air monthly, with a new game featured each time!
    with the Bolded part, i could see Pirates going in and taking over a space station, the one issue with Hostage situations though is.. keeping someone from playing

it would be like keeping someone camped, but Oppisite, with the threat of killing their Character not many would ether want to jump to the next of Kin phase
    or waking up in a med pay and a Quarter of your head is Cyborgy

- - - Updated - - -

50% to 62 mil
    Last edited by Omians; 2014-11-05 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Kinda hope you can do some missions if you are more inclined to do FPS kinda stuff, *Get in a suit* kick pirate or criminal ass in the galaxy kinda thing*.
    I look forward to it if so, we are going to have fun with those that try

At this point time in the MMO scene I would like to see people take huge risks and fail instead of playing it safe and failing anyway. I do think if anyone can pull it off it is a guy like Chris Roberts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    At this point time in the MMO scene I would like to see people take huge risks and fail instead of playing it safe and failing anyway. I do think if anyone can pull it off it is a guy like Chris Roberts.
    when your name is attached to a project that as i type this gathered " 60,562,975" in pledged money, if it does turn out badly, can be rather hurtful to his reputation and Career

as its his vison for the game, and being that people are Pledging to see his vision, lets just hope he can pull it off

Deleted
    when your name is attached to a project that as i type this gathered " 60,562,975" in pledged money, if it does turn out badly, can be rather hurtful to his reputation and Career

as its his vison for the game, and being that people are Pledging to see his vision, lets just hope he can pull it off
    On the other hand the financial risk is very low as he has zero obligations towards his "investors". Don't get me wrong I want the game to succeed (and I think it will), but I don't feel like Chris Roberts is really in a do–or–die situation with Star Citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh I know he has no obligation to them, all this is donated money, but being how much donated money could hurt his reputation all around.

like if he screws up badly or just take the money and run you can have the whole of the Internet on his ass and just Hound after him making sure he can't get any future projects done

like if anyone been watching that trial of Ascension thread, it's like some people's mission to make sure they can't get their stuff done because of what they have found they did in the past under the same name no less

Now i dont know fully where his vision for this game will take us, but he laid out onto the tableof what he wanted out of his game and people donated to iit.

now we just have to see if he can make his vision true
    Last edited by Omians; 2014-11-05 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still nothing on the 61 million goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    we'll just have to see what they put in replace of the coming soon, there might not be one as if you look to the ones before there are gaps in between

Deleted
    oh I know he has no obligation to them, all this is donated money, but being how much donated money could hurt his reputation all around.

like if he screws up badly or just take the money and run you can have the whole of the Internet on his ass and just Hound after him making sure he can't get any future projects done

like if anyone been watching that trial of Ascension thread, it's like some people's mission to make sure they can't get their stuff done because of what they have found they did in the past under the same name no less
    That's for sure. If it doesn't end well he should probably stay away from the Internet for a few years...
    On the other hand I'm sure companies like EA or Activision wouldn't mind hiring someone who has the "know-how" to make people pay hundreds of dollars for a virtual ship that exists only in the form of concept art years before the final product is even released
    (I still think that, no matter how good the game will be, his greatest feat will be how brilliantly he managed to monetize the game)
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2014-11-05 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    That's for sure. If it doesn't end well he should probably stay away from the Internet for a few years...
    On the other hand I'm sure companies like EA or Activision wouldn't mind hiring someone who has the "know-how" to make people pay hundreds of dollars for a virtual ship that exists only in the form of concept art years before the final product is even released
    (I still think that, no matter how good the game will be, his greatest feat will be how brilliantly he managed to monetize the game)
    well that just comes back down to his name in the genre,

His name and team got that kickstarter and then some on a vision and concept art, but people are seeing the efforts of their donated money

If i can compare money to effort

Hes getting the interenet to move a mountain and build an amusement park on the whole thing

My self id probably only get a bunch of kids to move a big leaf pile and put into those pumpkin looking leaf bags. >>

And ya EA or who ever could hire him and they would get games done, but if he failed bad and tryed to fund from the internet again it wound't end well

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt about that. If this game tanks there is going to be quite a lot of people pissed off in general, no small pressure there.

Although if the rest of the game is at the same level as what i have seen thus far of AC there is no worries there.

The big wild card is how all of this comes together in one package. And how much of the immersion is fun vs. tedious.

IE: I'm not sold on the hospital ships. Doesn't sound very fun to sit back in one of those and for others to have to come to it constantly to heal injuries or whatnot. Those and the repair ships sound more like something you would want to pay an entire NPC crew and leave them on "auto-follow" in the back...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The big wild card is how all of this comes together in one package. And how much of the immersion is fun vs. tedious.

IE: I'm not sold on the hospital ships. Doesn't sound very fun to sit back in one of those and for others to have to come to it constantly to heal injuries or whatnot. Those and the repair ships sound more like something you would want to pay an entire NPC crew and leave them on "auto-follow" in the back...
    That's what I'm waiting for before spending any money on SC. To have some videos and opinions from the persistent universe alpha/beta. I see 3 potential "traps" based on the info we have so far:
    1. A lot of the content is based on randomly generated events taking place during travels between systems. There is the risk of this being just the same handful of events based on your preferences which could be very repetitive and boring.
    2. What kind of content will be available on "fixed" locations (aka planet surfaces, space stations etc). Just socialization/trading/"questgiver" hubs or something more than that? If it ends up being just the former it will be pretty disappointing.
    3. The heavy use of instancing (like in planet orbits and on the surface) could end up working well or it could be a massive flop like for example ESO phasing at release or the early implementation of cross-realm zones in WoW.

Also a very important point to me (especially in a game like SC which is all about immersion) is how "alive" the universe will be, aka in what way will player actions affect the universe and how prominent will player driven content be compared to scripted content?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I'm waiting for before spending any money on SC. To have some videos and opinions from the persistent universe alpha/beta. I see 3 potential "traps" based on the info we have so far:
    1. A lot of the content is based on randomly generated events taking place during travels between systems. There is the risk of this being just the same handful of events based on your preferences which could be very repetitive and boring.
    2. What kind of content will be available on "fixed" locations (aka planet surfaces, space stations etc). Just socialization/trading/"questgiver" hubs or something more than that? If it ends up being just the former it will be pretty disappointing.
    3. The heavy use of instancing (like in planet orbits and on the surface) could end up working well or it could be a massive flop like for example ESO phasing at release or the early implementation of cross-realm zones in WoW.

Also a very important point to me (especially in a game like SC which is all about immersion) is how "alive" the universe will be, aka in what way will player actions affect the universe and how prominent will player driven content be compared to scripted content?
    well myself im kinda kicking myself a bit for not backing earlier, but im more inclined to give the 45$ now and get a game when its released

im waiting for now to see what more there is before Spending any MORE money

that and all the ships you can get from the pledge pages you can get from just playing the game so other people are just paying for a "shortcut"

Well by what one of the videos on NPCs at 2:06

and again at 5:58
    if you find an NPC out in what ever area, they came out to that area for what ever reason had happened before you had found them

so NPCs don't seem to be staying in static areas it seems

on Battle instances and orbital instances

this Video is mostly gathered from Info all over the place, everything is subject to change

and for Fixed locations its most likely going to be Planets and cities and Various quest givers depending on the Lore of the Galaxy
    but there would be player generated quests
    as in example of a player pirate stopping a trade route and then a Merc quest pops up to go deal with it
    im sure the same kinda quest will pop up for mercs with no PVP but going to go deal with NPC pirates instead of player ones

dunno on what kind of Random Encounters you are going to run into really

im sure im missing other stuff. but typing on a lack of sleep is taking a toll lol, off to bed here soon for me

New Letter From The Chairman for passing $60 million in funding. Both the liner (my pick) and the assault ship are in...

"I know that there has been some drama about the winner of the last ship poll, with the results shifting just after the stretch goal was reached. I saw an excellent suggestion on the forums, which was to allow both ships as stretch goals and then to bring back all of the ‘eliminated’ options for one final poll for a veritable wave four ship Ragnarok. We’re going to work an extra ship into the long-term schedule and do just that. (And for the record, in the future: we record the winner as the selection that had the most vote when we reach the stretch goal… in this case, it would be the boarding craft.) At $61 million, you’ll unlock the boarding ship…

Espera Prowler – Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Espera’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices. The Prowler’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA. With the updated Prowler model, you will find the perfect fusion of two culture: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern UEE technology. (While lacking some of the upgrades of the modern version, vintage Tevarin-built Prowlers restored for modern spaceflight are prized by owners lucky enough to locate them.)

And at $62 million, the passenger liner!

Genesis-class Starliner – The Genesis is yet another landmark in Crusader Industries’ proud history of transport designs. This ship utilizes award-winning manufacturing techniques and the highest quality parts to create one thing; a next-generation passenger ship at a price that won’t break your budget. Crusader Industries’ proprietary NeoG engine technology offers some of the most efficient flight for a ship of its size. The Genesis line has been cited in Whitley’s as “one of the most reliable and safe public transport ships on the market.” Genesis Starliners are available in a number of stock configurations, focusing on everything from passenger capacity to freight to overall comfort. The UEE military operates multiple Genesis conversions for support roles, including SWACS and starflight test operations.

You’ll notice that both of these ships are from “new” manufacturers; that’s because the Star Citizen universe is expanding! My feeling was that specialized ships, like Star Citizen’s equivalent of an airliner, should have some additional backstory to make sense in our world. So, enjoy two new ships AND two niche companies to build them."
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-11-06 at 09:56 PM.