Page 6 of 971 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They've already said that one of the most recent goals would allow them to hire a handful of new people.

$6,012,590 with almost an hour and a half to go!!!

aaaand now their website broke :P
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2012-11-19 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    to bad, wanted to get some more info from theyre website looks promising

Final ammount: $6,235,690

Now to wait 2 years for release...

huh, it was only 3.5 mils less than a week ago. Unless they just added the fund raising site amount to it? Heck, why am I complaining. The more the merrier.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2012-11-19 at 07:57 PM.

Terrific interview with Roberts via Total Biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Final ammount: $6,235,690

Now to wait 2 years for release...
    What I find funny is that star citizen is going to be released around the same time swtor is going to be doing its "super secret space projects" so 3 years of EAs development time on a space game will be going head to head with star citizen for space addicts.

I will not comment on who I think will win. Mainly because its obvious.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    game really looks promising, lets hope its not outdated by something else by the time it releases

It's german. However, you get to see some combat at 3:40 (3rd person recap view I think)

At 4:20 you get to see a great kill.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostkillah View Post
    game really looks promising, lets hope its not outdated by something else by the time it releases
    doubtful, given the genre it'll likely be a decade or 2 before we see another game this big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this hasn't been updated in a while. Thought we had a newer thread but not finding it. Well, got a new email from them today and really like the video in it so I figured I would share.

Still really hoping they don't screw this up.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wow, this hasn't been updated in a while. Thought we had a newer thread but not finding it. Well, got a new email from them today and really like the video in it so I figured I would share.

Still really hoping they don't screw this up.
    other than the fact they hit 10 million dollars in backers... ive mainly seen concept art, new ships, and the cgi stuff. i will do a major update on the op sunday (maybe) and ask for this to become a megathread. ive been holding off till alpha multiplayer but thats still coming soon *tm. but ill start putting some effort into this. my bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    other than the fact they hit 10 million dollars in backers... ive mainly seen concept art, new ships, and the cgi stuff. i will do a major update on the op sunday (maybe) and ask for this to become a megathread. ive been holding off till alpha multiplayer but thats still coming soon *tm. but ill start putting some effort into this. my bad
    Honestly I can't remember if I ever contributed or not. Though I may have since I'm getting emails from them. I had pretty much ignored them until I decided to check todays. They've added a lot to the website since I last checked it.

Deleted
    already threw money at this! \o/ want

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Honestly I can't remember if I ever contributed or not. Though I may have since I'm getting emails from them. I had pretty much ignored them until I decided to check todays. They've added a lot to the website since I last checked it.
    Yeah, an entirely new website will be launched next weekend, together with a 24 hour livestream. You can see some of the design "coming through" the current site, like it's falling apart. They've been adding stuff like that this past month.

I think they're going to add a new pledge goal as well, which they'll try to achieve during the live stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
    Yeah, an entirely new website will be launched next weekend, together with a 24 hour livestream. You can see some of the design "coming through" the current site, like it's falling apart. They've been adding stuff like that this past month.

I think they're going to add a new pledge goal as well, which they'll try to achieve during the live stream.
    Looks like I will be updating then. We will probably see a lot of new info when that happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd stop trying to add stretch goals and instead hire more people if needed with the extra money to either get things done faster or have them done "better"

Stretch goals are nice, but I keep getting this feeling like they're trying to promise too much with them and it's going to be a letdown
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, stretch goals are nice but there comes a point where its better just to use the additional money to get the work done faster, instead of continually adding more work to get done.

This looks so awesome, just can't wait. I've been playing Pioneer to get the geek chills of space exploration, but the controls and graphics are quite bad. Star Citizen though, it's another kind of meat.