Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    tons of people confirm that they are labelled in offensive manner.
    I label my customers as well. When I was in tech work, we labelled our customers. Way back when I was in retail, we labelled our customers. You think this is a rare thing, but I think you'd be surprised how many companies do this. In fact, I would be more inclined to think that any company that has a field in their database for a Customer Comment uses it to label their customers. And yes, offensive labels are quite common.

check again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen...ategorization/

tons of people confirm that they are labelled in offensive manner

the question is, can they make this game ? please notice i use "make" not "finish".

looking at their progress and professionalism i strongly believe the answer is no and giving them money is like burning money for you (for them is for actor studios and boat cruises in italy).
    lol, you got trolled son. Too funny.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Many things in this thread baffle me.

- Why worry about how a company lables you? Who cares, really?
    - Who, in their right mind, pledges 40k on a game?
    - Why do so many people spiral in negativity? The game's in alpha and you can assume the devs are doing their best to deliver on their promises.

Crowd funding is fun and useful in many cases, but throwing such amounts away - I don't know. It just seems really irresponsible and borderline retarded.
    Regarding the person that spent $40,000, they work in the "business" referred to as the 'grey market' where they will buy ships and resell them after time has passed and the ship is no longer available. It against ToS and there have been quite a few problems associated with the validity of the sellers in the past. So most of the money they've spent has been covered from selling the ship to someone else. And most of the subreddit is full of anti-SC people that are only trying to take advantage of the system that CIG has implemented.

As for the labeling, http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons...b/uf000323.gif , that comic is actually based on real IT practices from way back when. As others have mentioned, labeling is a real thing from CS. And if any of this has in fact happened, it's just rather unfortunate that it became public and the "snowflake" bubbles were popped.

check again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen...ategorization/

tons of people confirm that they are labelled in offensive manner

the question is, can they make this game ? please notice i use "make" not "finish".

looking at their progress and professionalism i strongly believe the answer is no and giving them money is like burning money for you (for them is for actor studios and boat cruises in italy).
    if you care about a label thats not really meant to be visible by most then you have problems, snowflake, high maint is not offensive at all. The game will get finished when its ready, once they have ironed out how they want the procedural generation to work then the universe will come together, each ship also takes a ton of time to sort out with the amount of detail everything has.

At this point all your doing is trolling, if you don't like the game or the company then stop wasting your time and focus that energy on something else. I've pledged a fair amount to the game and im happy to wait until its ready.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Many things in this thread baffle me.

- Why worry about how a company lables you? Who cares, really?
    - Who, in their right mind, pledges 40k on a game?
    - Why do so many people spiral in negativity? The game's in alpha and you can assume the devs are doing their best to deliver on their promises.

Crowd funding is fun and useful in many cases, but throwing such amounts away - I don't know. It just seems really irresponsible and borderline retarded.
    1. Don't care what the company thinks personally, I paid my share to support the game so that is all they can ask for.

2. Whales, and one thing a lot of people forget is that many of Chris Roberts main fans are gamer's in their later 30's and 40's with disposable income.

3. Some people have nothing better to do than shitpost. I bet guys like EvcRo and Zeta333 love guys like Derek Smart, who is one of the biggest con artists in the video game industry. Anyone who wants to talk about a developer failing to deliver on their products and promises should look no further than that arrogant asshole.

People are fools, so let them be. I bought two packs, totaling less than $200, which I think is just fine and dandy. I have spent a lot more than that on other games to be honest (I shudder thinking about how much I have spent on MechWarrior Online....)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    1. Don't care what the company thinks personally, I paid my share to support the game so that is all they can ask for.

2. Whales, and one thing a lot of people forget is that many of Chris Roberts main fans are gamer's in their later 30's and 40's with disposable income.

3. Some people have nothing better to do than shitpost. I bet guys like EvcRo and Zeta333 love guys like Derek Smart, who is one of the biggest con artists in the video game industry. Anyone who wants to talk about a developer failing to deliver on their products and promises should look no further than that arrogant asshole.

People are fools, so let them be. I bought two packs, totaling less than $200, which I think is just fine and dandy. I have spent a lot more than that on other games to be honest (I shudder thinking about how much I have spent on MechWarrior Online....)
    I make €40k in two months time, yet I would never - ever, throw such amounts at an unfinished product that barely has anything to show for. Let alone a fracking video game. I find it utterly irresponsible. Unless, of course, it would be considered an investment. But the thing is, it's not.

A few hundred, sure why not. It would be like an evening out.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-06-07 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    lol, you got trolled son. Too funny.
    seems you keep going with the lies.

new developments:

To catch up:

- It was discovered that CIG was tagging users on their support site in a not-nice way and publishing that data as JSON in their support HTML page.
    - CIG immediately took notice from reading this thread (the SA thread) and pulled down/broke the site, failing to touch the mobile version
    - CIG then put up a 1990s-ish "under construction" page with stolen artwork
    - When the stolen art (seems to be a trend here) was pointed out on this forum (SA), CIG removed it, additionally they removed the mobile version access as well, again from reading the forum thread. It was also pointed out that the tagging data was still available on the "under construction" page if you looked at the source code, so they screenshotted the page and replaced the page with the screenshot

i think this is relevant to the competency of the company supposed to make this game after being paid in advance. But any sane person would think "why finish someting if i'm already paid and people keep throwing money at me".

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone want to tell him that the people working for CS aren't the same people developing the game?

So, the people that work in customer service aren't the same people that work on the game itself. It's called compartmentalizing. The competency of one almost assuredly does not affect the other. So even if you're actually right for once about some trolly shit, who cares? As already stated, tagging customers is nothing new. Sorry to hear your ignorant bubble was popped.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-06-07 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Anyone want to tell him that the people working for CS aren't the same people developing the game?

So, the people that work in customer service aren't the same people that work on the game itself. It's called compartmentalizing. The competency of one almost assuredly does not affect the other. So even if you're actually right for once about some trolly shit, who cares? As already stated, tagging customers is nothing new. Sorry to hear your ignorant bubble was popped.
    do you know CIG customer support is run by Robert's wife Sandi Gardiner ? That Gardiner is proud of personally going to UK and train the customer support team ? Doesn't bother you that Robert's family is treating people like trash ? especially since they do actor studios and holidays on boats from donations for a game that is overdue already for 2 years ?

for how much are you in commando?

this smells like a MLM scheme , cash must pour in to keep the house of cards standing. but hey, a fool and his money are easily parted, kudos to Roberts, living the sweet life on promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You guys know what’s sad? Is that there is indeed a possibility of this entire shit turning out to be a scam, a really expensive and well-made scam, a scam that will make someone pretty rich at the cost multiple carriers. Sadly it’s hard to discuss it seriously when people such as EvcRo keep idiotically ranting about it like some sort of madman, only end up by taking the worth of any good points previously made about it.

A fool and his money might be indeed easily parted, you know what else? Time is money friend, that said, how much time have you already invested on going around the internet making this kind of posts about Star Citizen? Shit, I’m fully aware that I’m probably not in the best position to be telling you all this shit considering my history with projects such as Trials of Ascension and Greed Monger, still despite the huge difference between those projects and Star Citizen, ultimately I backed up by claims and believe that I was able to make a pretty solid case about it…

In other hand, every time I open up this thread all I see is you whining about the damn thing, bringing up every little thing you stumble upon the internet to keep it going while repeating the same bloody things over, couple of pages ago was a silly .gif of in-game bugs, what was that even supposed to prove? It’s a fucking video game in an alpha phase, you’ll find that kind of crap even in completed games with even higher budgets! Jesus Christ, just how desperate are you right now? I even already lost the track of how many times I’ve seen you getting banned because of this damn thread, it’s just ridiculous.

Is it actually worth it? You are wasting your own time without being able to produce anything worthwhile reading or getting shit out of it besides forum bans, if you don’t want to stop, don’t, but you should really consider your kind of approach, since at this point you sound no better than the fanatics that keep throwing thousands of dollars at this project.
    He can't even continue with his own argument and starts a strawman after his 4th post. Every few months, he claims it was vaporware, then a ponzi scheme, then a pyramid scheme, and now a multi-level marketing scheme (related to pyramid) while going back to the same unprovable bs of what CIG is doing with their money. People like him act as though the Roberts family wasn't filthy rich before doing this. He just repeats whatever his lord and savior Derek Smart is saying because I see the exact same things pop up on a few other sites before it reaches here. This is, for once, the most possible of all of the crap that he's posted here, but he can't even keep it going because it honestly doesn't mean much. And before anyone can claim that I'm too far into this game to back down, I'm $95 in. I follow most of this to keep up with development to let friends know and for the occasional entertainment from the crap that people like Evc posts.

do you know CIG customer support is run by Robert's wife Sandi Gardiner ? That Gardiner is proud of personally going to UK and train the customer support team ? Doesn't bother you that Robert's family is treating people like trash ? especially since they do actor studios and holidays on boats from donations for a game that is overdue already for 2 years ?

for how much are you in commando?

this smells like a MLM scheme , cash must pour in to keep the house of cards standing. but hey, a fool and his money are easily parted, kudos to Roberts, living the sweet life on promises.
    how is the game overdue by 2 years when it was mostly on paper back then, development didn't properly start till early 2013, where do you even get this made up information, most games are in development 5 years min before they are ready, this is around the 3 year point, hell most games would not even be partly playable at this point but star citizen has a developing alpha right now.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

He considers half a dozen guys in a garage pre-dating the kickstarter to be the "starting development date" for AAA production.

PS: Do they ever permaban anyone? Seems like the problem is they only give these days 3-day tempbans or something, even when it's the N-th time.

Deleted
    i find this funny, professionalism of this company at max level, stealing art for their promos

basically they make 100,000$ selling jpeg pictures using stolen art, why pay the poor guy who made the picture his 50 bucks.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...-for-spaceship

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    how is the game overdue by 2 years when it was mostly on paper back then, development didn't properly start till early 2013, where do you even get this made up information, most games are in development 5 years min before they are ready, this is around the 3 year point, hell most games would not even be partly playable at this point but star citizen has a developing alpha right now.
    2014 is release data from Chris Roberts mouth , do your homework and watch their 2012-13 vids

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    He considers half a dozen guys in a garage pre-dating the kickstarter to be the "starting development date" for AAA production.

PS: Do they ever permaban anyone? Seems like the problem is they only give these days 3-day tempbans or something, even when it's the N-th time.
    i don't know man. i find my posts 10000% on topic of Star Citizen. if you look for perma ban targets maybe you should look at the people advertising a MLM scam in their signatures, the same people that act like Bagdad Bob "there are no problems in Star Citizen".
    Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2016-06-08 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the game isn't overdo. there were lots of large Multiplayer games that took lots of years to finish

Elderscrolls online took 7 years itself
    WoW took 5 years and that was missing a bunch of stuff that was added in patches later on Edit: not missing stuff. just more stuff added in later

Last edited by Omians; 2016-06-08 at 08:09 AM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    This is the perfect example of what I was just saying… the art theft would be something nice to discuss here, but you had to end up by drawing attention out of that with your huge amount of hypocrite bullshit, have you taken a good look at your own signature? Because that’s also considered advertisement, just saying.
    i don't even see where they are getting that Drake picture on the website link provided above. its not on the Ship's Pages. unless they removed it
    only ones that have people standing next to them are these ones
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...ucc15-Copy.jpg
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...ucc14-Copy.jpg
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...ion-Bucc18.jpg
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...ss6-View05.jpg
    Edit: No i see it now
    it was used in the Around the Verse weekly webseries.
    But not used on the Main Ship's page

im not seeing that image used anywhere else besides that around the Verse episode
    Last edited by Omians; 2016-06-08 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    the game isn't overdo. there were lots of large Multiplayer games that took lots of years to finish

Elderscrolls online took 7 years itself
    WoW took 5 years and that was missing a bunch of stuff that was added in patches later on Edit: not missing stuff. just more stuff added in later

Haha, wtf is that crap chart?

Elite started production during/after their kickstarter. Hell, when they started their crowdfunding campaign in Nov '12 they got drilled by fans and the press because they had nothing to show for the initial pitch. Here's the first video they came up with in response.

No one can be stupid enough to think that the work on those screens represents 11 years development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Haha, wtf is that crap chart?

Elite started production during/after their kickstarter. Hell, when they started their crowdfunding campaign in Nov '12 they got drilled by fans and the press because they had nothing to show for the initial pitch. Here's the first video they came up with in response.

No one can be stupid enough to think that the work on those screens represents 11 years development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)

Sequels[edit]
    Main articles: Frontier: Elite II, Frontier: First Encounters and Elite: Dangerous
    Three official sequels have been created: Frontier: Elite II (1993)[5] and Frontier: First Encounters (Elite III) (1995),[6] both produced by Braben's company Frontier Developments. A third sequel, Elite: Dangerous (conceived in 1998, provisionally titled Elite 4), was successfully crowdfunded initially through a Kickstarter campaign in late 2012,[115] and released in December 2014.[7]

it was conceived and was in progression starting in 1998
    Development can start when ever but the game started somewhere as did the others

The point of the Chart was to show time it took from start to finish of other Multiplayer mmos

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)

Sequels[edit]
    Main articles: Frontier: Elite II, Frontier: First Encounters and Elite: Dangerous
    Three official sequels have been created: Frontier: Elite II (1993)[5] and Frontier: First Encounters (Elite III) (1995),[6] both produced by Braben's company Frontier Developments. A third sequel, Elite: Dangerous (conceived in 1998, provisionally titled Elite 4), was successfully crowdfunded initially through a Kickstarter campaign in late 2012,[115] and released in December 2014.[7]

it was conceived and was in progression starting in 1998
    Development can start when ever but the game started somewhere as did the others

The point of the Chart was to show time it took from start to finish of other Multiplayer mmos
    Something being conceived is hardly production status, no one measures development time from when a lightbulb moment occurs on the shitter, that would be ludicrous. Anyhow, Elite 4 started initial development in 2009 and was cancelled the very same year.
    Nothing else occurred with Elite 4 and what later came to be Elite Dangerous until the end of 2012.

The chart is BS, using misinformation and something clearly biased and is not a good way to get a point across in my opinion.

The chart is BS, using misinformation and something clearly biased and is not a good way to get a point across in my opinion.
    Think that chart was made for this specific reason tbh, as you said, Elite isnt 14 years at all.. it feels like it was made to justify something, you know, if Elite was 14 years... anyway, tin foil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something being conceived is hardly production status, no one measures development time from when a lightbulb moment occurs on the shitter, that would be ludicrous. Anyhow, Elite 4 started initial development in 2009 and was cancelled the very same year.
    Nothing else occurred with Elite 4 and what later came to be Elite Dangerous until the end of 2012.

Then don't include Elite into the chart. i dont really care. the other games their development times are for the most part spot on with cross looking at their wiki information

have a different development chart

The point of these is to say. Games go through development and Release dates get shoved around

i just know that it was going to be 2014 originally because the game was going to be much smaller but they picked to add more onto it and the end goal was changed
    Last edited by Omians; 2016-06-08 at 04:52 PM.