1. #7861
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That it's not released yet is the only/main argument you guys keep parroting.
    ye and its a pretty valid argument for a game with hundreds of million dollar budget, in development longer than any AAA game and yet they have so little to show. if the game is not even out, thats the biggest problem of them all lol

  2. #7862
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    address what? you guys don't actually make any valid or cogent arguments or have valid criticisms and the fact that you believe you do is indicative of the actual problem.
    ... again, who's "you guys"? and where exactly is this “invalid criticism” that I’ve made?

    You just keep putting everyone you disagree with into this silly made up group while labeling it as something convenient, then you just keep throwing the same over-generalized bullshit at it again, and again, hoping it finally sticks… it doesn’t.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    and as for your second comment, no i will not scale them down further. first, the images i link are scaled down (many of these screenshots are in 4K) and second, you have many ways to avoid d/l the images if you have limited bandwidth, sorry.
    It's okay mate, no need to be sorry over it.

    I’m sure that…. Oh…

    For the sake of folks mobile data let's not embed tons of huge images in the thread please, thanks. -Edge
    General posting guidelines
    • Use thumbnails when posting images. See below:
    Oh well, as you say, there are other ways to deal with it, asking you in the first place was just kind of silly to start with, thanks though.
    Last edited by Myobi; 2019-02-12 at 03:07 PM.
    It just follows like a young simian, hopping from tree to tree, throwing his fecal matter, hoping it finally sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Looking.

  3. #7863
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That it's not released yet is the only/main argument you guys keep parroting.
    I'd say that is a pretty damn good argument against this game with the amount of money it has squandered to this point. I'd say some other arguments are:
    *It is still in early Alpha with not much to do and see after many years (Remember it was supposed to launch years ago as well).
    *It has had tons of feature creep, the scope of the game is all over the place now.
    *The team behind this game has posted multiple 'deadlines' and missed all of them.
    *There really is no end in sight as to when this massive game with a giant money sucking vortex will ever be complete.
    *There is a fully functional cash shop for a game that is not released.
    *They had to take money from outside investors so it is no longer just crowdfunded. (That to me is a huge red flag.)

  4. #7864
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    This game has used more budget than any AAA game ever released so far, and have nothing to show for it besides some tech demos in an alpha
    you have obviously not played the current version of the game at all, in its own right its a fully functional game and there is many things you can do.

    Lets compare this to GTA 5 for example which is costing in a similar price range, Star Citizen has half the staff and it took years to get to that point, this game is several times larger/complex than any other AAA game currently available, development of a game like this was always going to be longer than many games released currently.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #7865
    Bloodsail Admiral Odeezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The-D
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nope not one single person in this ENTIRE thread has made one single valid or cogent argument in criticism of this game. And you say those people have a problem. Lol.
    ok, so is that supposed to be an argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    This game has used more budget than any AAA game ever released so far, and have nothing to show for it besides some tech demos in an alpha
    that is factually incorrect and demonstrably so. why even lie so blatantly? this is the reason why there is no cogent argument coming from detractors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ... again, who's "you guys"? and where exactly is this “invalid criticism” that I’ve made?
    many, i am too lazy to go searching through your history, i am offering you the opportunity to make a cogent argument now. the choice is yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You just keep putting everyone you disagree with into this silly made up group while labeling it as something convenient, then you just keep throwing the same over-generalized bullshit at it again, and again, hoping it finally sticks… it doesn’t.
    what are you even talking about? hoping it sticks? you deride the game and those who back it hence you are a detractor. what's so hard to understand about that. you may not like the group you are in, but that's entirely due to your own actions. don't blame me for the consequence of your choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's okay mate, no need to be sorry over it.

    I’m sure that…. Oh…



    Oh well, as you say, there are other ways to deal with it, asking you in the first place was just kind of silly to start with, thanks though.
    really don't care, the images are actually thumbnails you will notice that when you click on them you get the original resolution as, like i said, the source is 4k to 8k. /shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'd say that is a pretty damn good argument against this game with the amount of money it has squandered to this point
    that's not a valid argument, that's just an opinion, not factual or even relevant. games are made by different publishers with different capital and infrastructure in place, there is no standard. hence you have no frame of reference. /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'd say some other arguments are:
    *It is still in early Alpha with not much to do and see after many years (Remember it was supposed to launch years ago as well).
    opinion, not a valid argument. not to mention you know you are lying yet still feel comfortable enough to type out those lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *It has had tons of feature creep, the scope of the game is all over the place now.
    yet again, opinion and not a valid argument. the scope of the game literally changed with the introduction of milestones (supported by the backers themselves). there has been no feature creep added since the end of the milestone campaign in 2013/2014 i forget. smh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *The team behind this game has posted multiple 'deadlines' and missed all of them.
    none of those where deadlines, they literally only had the year; no month, no date. not only that they also said, if you bothered to read the ToS, that any date is subject to change. then we get into the fact that ALL developers miss deadlines, you just get to see CIG's goal periods because of their open development. again, not a valid argument, especially when the main reason for crowd-funding in the first place was so they could literally take as long as was needed to get the game truly ready before release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *There really is no end in sight as to when this massive game with a giant money sucking vortex will ever be complete.
    when it's done ofc, how is this even an argument? smh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *There is a fully functional cash shop for a game that is not released.
    please tell me this is not how you argue about irl stuff? you are complaining about a game that relies on crowdfunding for it's development incentivising...more...funding to keep development going, funding which is 100% voluntary? not a valid argument, they literally even have mechanisms in place to mitigate any unintentional advantage. /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *They had to take money from outside investors so it is no longer just crowdfunded. (That to me is a huge red flag.)
    they have literally had investors from the beginning and how does getting an investment stop the game from being crowdfunded? you do realize that the investment is not even for the development of the games, right? it is strictly for the marketing of Squadron 42.

    this tires me. these things are so easily debunked, yet these forced narratives are perpetuated ad nauseum in this thread. meh, it was my own fault for even engaging with you people. you make me sad for the future of humanity when this is the level of discourse and people are so wantonly disingenuous and revel in a staggering lack of critical thinking, misinformation and a weird fascination with contrarianism.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

    For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

  6. #7866
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    many, i am too lazy to go searching through your history, i am offering you the opportunity to make a cogent argument now. the choice is yours.
    Roflmao, “I’m offering you the opportunity”, oh thank you! God bless you.

    I don’t know dude, “laziness” sounds a mighty awful excuse, especially considering the format of that post, luckily for you, you don’t even need to go trough my post history…

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50832288

    There you go buddy, you can pick-up where Kenn gave up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    what are you even talking about? hoping it sticks? you deride the game and those who back it hence you are a detractor. what's so hard to understand about that. you may not like the group you are in, but that's entirely due to your own actions. don't blame me for the consequence of your choices.
    Your bullshit, your hoping that your bullshit actually sticks, it doesn’t.

    You keep accusing me of doing this and that, yet you are unable to back any of it, quote me exactly where I’m ridiculing the people who backed the game, please, just do it, oh wait, I almost forgot, you are to “lazy” … sadly, not lazy enough to stop yourself from making shit up.

    Also, forcing me into an imaginary group of people just because it’s just easier to try hold me responsible for what others have possible said instead of addressing what I’ve actually wrote isn’t my choice, that’s on you, and as I said… that kind of shit just won’t stick, and you should know that by now, considering it’s quite a common tactic used nowadays in politics and shit.
    It just follows like a young simian, hopping from tree to tree, throwing his fecal matter, hoping it finally sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Looking.

  7. #7867
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    this tires me. these things are so easily debunked, yet these forced narratives are perpetuated ad nauseum in this thread. meh, it was my own fault for even engaging with you people. you make me sad for the future of humanity when this is the level of discourse and people are so wantonly disingenuous and revel in a staggering lack of critical thinking, misinformation and a weird fascination with contrarianism.
    Oh brother, this is why it isn't worth responding to you further. You act like it was hard work to type out a few words in a forum post. Also, you do realize that people having 'opinions' in an argument is perfectly fine right? I mean hell one of the definitions of it is "an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one." No where does it say opinions are not allowed. Also, plenty of what I said was factual but because you claim it is debunked or wrong you suddenly think you win. That is why it is not worth arguing further. You are being dishonest intentionally so I will not waste my time further.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •