Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Then why the hell is it still struggling like crazy to hit 60 fps on a 1080? Where the hell is the promised optimization patch, promised in 2017?

I dont give a shit about the content loop right now, the devs can come up with that later, Im more concerned that games like No Mans Sky runs better on a PS fucking 4 than SC on my brand new PC with a PCIE 1tb HD and a 1080.
    They have been improving performance with things like OCS and Network Bind/Occlusion Culling. However, we probably won't see any big "leaps and bounds" kind of performance improvements until the Server Meshing is up and running. Right now, the servers and network are the bottlenecks, and no matter how powerful your computer is, it can't compensate for the back-end server/networking issues.

Unfortunately, and fortunately, they've also been adding more and more content to the game, such as Hurston and its 4 moons, and the upcoming ArcCorp with its 2 moons, and there are quite a few more players per instance/shard/whatever than there were 2 years ago. That adds more and more for the servers to process, and without the meshing in place, the servers are having a difficult time trying to keep up. While the meshing needs to be their highest priority, and I'd be surprised if it was not, there are probably only a dozen people or so that are dedicated to that feature; its a specialized skillset, and you can't have too many people working on something at that level without tripping over each other. Meanwhile, the rest of the companies still need to keep making content.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2019-04-05 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am def going to earn one of these in game after release, def more my style than an M50, unless the M50 gets the new Origin remake treatment:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Then why the hell is it still struggling like crazy to hit 60 fps on a 1080? Where the hell is the promised optimization patch, promised in 2017?

I dont give a shit about the content loop right now, the devs can come up with that later, Im more concerned that games like No Mans Sky runs better on a PS fucking 4 than SC on my brand new PC with a PCIE 1tb HD and a 1080.
    Depends on your location, but the overall performance was vastly improved last autumn.
    I went from 30-40 at port olisar and moons to 80-100FPS.
    Hurston city is lower, but there they are doing the usual optimizations on the environment so that went up since it's in as well.
    If your pc is still struggling outside of the cities tge problem is on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Not necessarily, no. I've had plenty of games where my PC met at least the minimum requirements yet struggled with it even in the lowest settings, while other players had worse specs than me, were running them just fine, the best example of this was Dead By Daylight, where in some occasions my game would run 10-25 frames, while a friend of mine was getting easily 60 frames with a setup slightly weaker than mine, and every time I brought it up on a forum to see if I could fix it, I would get that same kind of answer... weeks later down the road they updated the game engine, and my FPS went from 10-25 to +100, just like that.

It turns out that the problem was that the version of the game engine they were using just didn't really like very specific hardware and that's not the users fault.
    That's a possibility...but a very low one.
    You know if others run the game fine and you don't it's 98% a problem on your end.

10+ Year Old Account
    redpill me on this game

how do u even get into it? where do u start? what to buy? when, as in wait for discount?
    what is currently available for people to play with?
    what transfers to the finished product? its mmo, is it gonna be pay to play or subscription model?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    redpill me on this game

how do u even get into it? where do u start? what to buy? when, as in wait for discount?

its mmo, is it gonna be pay to play or subscription model?
    "Star Citizen" is two games in one. The game most commonly referred to is Star Citizen, which is a sandbox space simulator MMO. The second game is a scripted singleplayer campaign set in the SC universe called Squadron 42 (which is what I'm here for, though I dabble in Star Citizen as well). Early on in development, the two games were to be the same game, akin to booting up Freelancer and then selecting to play either the campaign or on a multiplayer server, but both games have grown in such scope that they are now being billed as to separate games. Each game costs $45, but you can get both for a $65 bundle. There is no subscription for the game. There is a "pledge store" for those who want to assist in crowdfunding the game beyond just buying the box, where they can throw more money at CIG and get a bigger starting ship in return. All ships are obtainable to those who just buy the base game (ship progression is core part of a space simulator's gameplay loop), and this pledge store will be removed when the game launches. There is no discount for the base game, but every year in November there is a sale for the pledge store to celebrate the game's anniversary since it was first crowdfunded.

Link to the store here. As a word of advice, the base packages are fine, don't spend drop more than a $100 or $200 on the game unless you have thoroughly researched the game and are invested in it's development. My Origin 315p is nice but I don't need it, dropped money on it because I believe but I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket like those who spent thousands on their Javelins, but it's their money so they can do whatever the want.

Squadron 42 is being tested internally. Star Citizen's alpha is available right now to anyone who buys Star Citizen or pledges for a ship.

Star Citizen, being a sandbox, is not a content based game, but a system's based game that facilitates gameplay. Current systems are:

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Dogfighting, Multicrew and FPS gameplay

Mining

Cargo Hauling

Delivery Missions

Bounty Hunting

Investigation

& Racing
    There is also FPS combat currently in the game, with armor and weapon progression. I've had a ton of fun boarding ships and stations and engaging in shootouts.

The single star system currently in the game, the Stanton system, is nearing completion. It was created as a testbed for the other star systems in the game. The next big update will implement gas planet tech (and a new flying gas planet city) for the gas giant, Stanton II. Once that is completed, CIG will have the tools they need to rapidly create more systems in the game, only limited by the rate at which they can create new assets (you don't want to see the Hurston or ArcCorp tilesets reused for every city).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Each game costs $45, but you can get both for a $65 bundle. There is no subscription for the game. There is a "pledge store" for those who want to assist in crowdfunding the game beyond just buying the box, where they can throw more money at CIG and get a bigger starting ship in return. All ships are obtainable to those who just buy the base game (ship progression is core part of a space simulator's gameplay loop), and this pledge store will be removed when the game launches. There is no discount for the base game, but every year in November there is a sale for the pledge store to celebrate the game's anniversary since it was first crowdfunded.
    Yes, give them more money because they need to keep throwing it in their giant money pit. Just "throw more money" at them to get a bigger starting ship. Totally won't get blasted out the sky in PvP situations as a base game player.

redpill me on this game

what transfers to the finished product? its mmo, is it gonna be pay to play or subscription model?
    Listen to Cypher, take the blue pill and wait for Neo to end the war.

There is to much uncertainty and past mistakes in this project. Wait for atleast Squadron 42 to finish (the single player game) and see how that turns out. There is no telling if the MMO will release and in what state it will be, at this time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yes, give them more money because they need to keep throwing it in their giant money pit. Just "throw more money" at them to get a bigger starting ship. Totally won't get blasted out the sky in PvP situations as a base game player.
    and still your giving of misinformation when noone apart from the development team even knows whats going to happen with pvp, if its even slightly like eve then as long as your in secure space your not going to encounter pvp much, along with the you can play SQ42 and it merges in the the PU and your going to have a fairly decent combat ship to start of with.

They have already said before if your just blowing up randoms in ships, not actually playing the game properly that will be considered griefing and will be acted upon, pirate gameplay in star citizen is nothing like eve, your not going to blow up a cargo ship full of valuable materials when you can board it and take them and the ship but cargo ships can fight back fairly well.

Ships you can buy are base model, you can upgrade each of those ships massively but will probably lose those upgrades if the ship is destroyed or have to at least pay extra insurance.

If you actually want to play this game at launch then selling ships was really the only way to generate funds and create the game we all want, the game wouldnt be able to be made without selling ships, PvP can be balanced where as without money the game cant be made.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah, if only there were ways to develop video games without pay-2-win elements already in it during "alpha" stages...
    It's sad tbh.

There are devs that will flat out put P2W in games and just let it be.

Meanwhile CiG and Chris Roberts are so adamant this isn't P2W because literally "lul what are you actually winning?" suddenly changes the factual definitions of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright guys, it is done. i bought the game

any guilds/corporations here that recruit beginners?
    or any solo player that want to make friends with me?
    i have pretty much no clue about the game so any advices are most welcome
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

The Star Citizen forums are the go to for organization (SC's term for guild) recruiting.

The r/Star Citizen subreddit has their own Discord where you can find a group (as in a party finder) ingame. Don't be afraid to ask for help; even those of us who have been here for years still ask simple things such as "how do we sit in a chair" (because CIG keeps changing the keybinds).

Keep up to date on Star Citizen by following Bored Gamer's Youtube channel, as he sums up relevant information in a timely manner.

============================

Quick tips:

Patching the game will take an hour or two, depends on your internet connection.

Once you launch the game, select "Space Port" to enter the MMO. Star Marine is for instanced FPS combat, Arena Commander for a wave based dogfight against AI.

When you enter the MMO, you will wake up in a hab room. When you first play, you'll wake up on Port Olisar. After that, you'll wake up (and respawn at if killed) at the last city or space station you last visited. Press "F" to get out of bed. You can check a diagram for keybinds in the options menu. Keybind summary on the forum here. To fly your ship, you must go down stairs to the central plaza and interact with one of the monitors (called "kiosks") and summon your ship to a landing pad. If your ship is destroyed or lost, you just respawn it using the kiosk. You can also refuel and repair your ship using the Kiosk. Make sure you have a helmet equipped before you exit the air lock or you'll suffocate. Go to your ship and enter it; some ships require that you find a button or a latch to open up a ladder or a door so you can enter. You'll also have to start up your ship, which is accomplished by either pressing a button in your cockpit (location depends on your ship) or pressing the designated keybind ("engines on" or "flight ready"). Hold space bar to take off. Your ship flies at a slow speed so you can maneuver into a docking position, so press N to retract it and go at full speed. You select areas of interest on a planet or a moon to warp to.

To travel to other moons or planets, you'll need to activate your spool/quantum travel drive by holding the spool key, align yourself with the destination you want to go to, wait for the spool drive to finish spooling, and then press the key to initiate quantum travel.

To land at a city's space port or a station, you'll need to look at your communication console in your cockpit and hail the space port. They will then highlight a landing pad for you to land at. Be sure to have your landing gear out.

Each space port and city sells unique gear, weapons, and clothing, so you may have to travel around to find what you want.

To undertake a mission, open your MobiGlass (ingame interface) and then select contacts, and browse through the missions. Some missions can be as simple as traveling to Security Post Karreah and killing the AI thugs in the station on foot. Some can be going to a crash sight and retrieving salvage. Some can be delivering requested goods to a settlement. Some missions require you to travel to a settlement and talk to a NPC first.

CRIME:

There is an asteroid space station called "Grim Hex" (which is safe to land at, no turrets or AI ships will shoot you), where if you land at it you'll incur a light criminal status. This can be a problem when returning to "safe areas" such as Port Olisar or Loreville (a city on Hurston), where the guards will attack criminals and players can attack criminals without incurring a crime status themselves. To reset this crime status, you simply need to travel to Security Post Karreah (in orbit around Cellin, a moon of Stanton II), land at the outpost, and make your way inside and interact with the kiosk at the center of the station. NOTE: AI bandits will occasionally spawn inside the station and are hostile toward everyone. Furthermore, because players like to hide here so they can get some juicy combat, killing AI bandits and players coming in to reset their crime status. Players coming to reset their crime status are also tempted to kill any players they meet here too, as they can just reset their status after the kill. Basically, it's a PvP hotspot. Bring lots of ammo, some potions, and grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and still your giving of misinformation when noone apart from the development team even knows whats going to happen with pvp, if its even slightly like eve then as long as your in secure space your not going to encounter pvp much,
    Dude, you can't make a statement like this because you don't know either. It is not "misinformation" if the game isn't fucking out yet. Do you know what is going to happen on launch when a lot of players buy the game at launch and rove around as roving PvPers? You don't know if it is going to be slightly like eve or not.

- - - Updated - - -

They have already said before if your just blowing up randoms in ships, not actually playing the game properly that will be considered griefing and will be acted upon, pirate gameplay in star citizen is nothing like eve, your not going to blow up a cargo ship full of valuable materials when you can board it and take them and the ship but cargo ships can fight back fairly well.
    Riiiight, they'll totally act upon people PvPing in a game that allows PvP.

Dude, you can't make a statement like this because you don't know either. It is not "misinformation" if the game isn't fucking out yet. Do you know what is going to happen on launch when a lot of players buy the game at launch and rove around as roving PvPers? You don't know if it is going to be slightly like eve or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Riiiight, they'll totally act upon people PvPing in a game that allows PvP.
    You are giving out inaccurate information without knowing any of the ingame mechanics so it is misinformation, PvP is and always will be a small minority as many players wont want to incur criminal status and the disavantages there are, crimal status means you can only use pirate stations and to remove criminal status you have to go to a security station and attempt to remove it where other players and npc will be waiting, plus there is likely to be even more disadvantages we dont know about yet.

It is a fact that they have already said if players are intentionally griefing one player over and over then they will act upon that, if you break the law in safe space then you will then be hunted down by the navy/police so it will be a much higher risk in safe space, pirating in SC is not always going to be about blowing up a ship as it may not be very effective at making money.

You are giving out inaccurate information without knowing any of the ingame mechanics so it is misinformation, PvP is and always will be a small minority as many players wont want to incur criminal status and the disavantages there are, crimal status means you can only use pirate stations and to remove criminal status you have to go to a security station and attempt to remove it where other players and npc will be waiting, plus there is likely to be even more disadvantages we dont know about yet.

It is a fact that they have already said if players are intentionally griefing one player over and over then they will act upon that, if you break the law in safe space then you will then be hunted down by the navy/police so it will be a much higher risk in safe space, pirating in SC is not always going to be about blowing up a ship as it may not be very effective at making money.
    Yes the game that has not even released yet has a fully fleshed out Anti-PvP/Griefing system to protect people spending on the cash shop apparently.

Yup you can only play Star Citizen the way the devs tell you. Forget that PvP aspect then. Seems like the sort of bullshit they'd spout after that pay 2 win debacle where there is no 'winning' in SC.

10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to the 'Verse.

yeah, just head over to Spectrum, Reddit, in-game and also Twitch to find people to play with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Love this gif of ArcCorp (click Gif for full size):

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Yes the game that has not even released yet has a fully fleshed out Anti-PvP/Griefing system to protect people spending on the cash shop apparently.

Yup you can only play Star Citizen the way the devs tell you. Forget that PvP aspect then. Seems like the sort of bullshit they'd spout after that pay 2 win debacle where there is no 'winning' in SC.
    and still you have no clue about the game at all, they discuss ingame mechanics and such on and show everyone who wants to watch, they have discussed the line between griefing and normal pirating, basically if your intentionally going after one player over and over your stopping them from playing the game that will be something a ticket can be put in for.

The average player probably has bought something between a superhornet/cutlass to a 5 man ship like constellation/carrack at most, most of the playerbase would have just bought the base game so players having a slightly better ship is unlikely to even affect normal gameplay.

98 dollars is the average spent considering the amount of citizen the game currently has.

98 dollars is the average spent considering the amount of citizen the game currently has.
    Nah, that would include free-fly accounts, forum signups etc. Approximately half of the signups are backers who have bought the game so average would be more in the $220 range, which is clearly a completely useless average.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    Why does it feel like designers have forgotten that you can make a Female look Badass without having to shave the side of their head or give them a stupid haircut.

Check this vid for a good introduction: