Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    To be fair, what you consider an "inordinate" amount of money isn't considered that by all People. So whilst you think spending that much is a "flawed" point of view, To some People with disposable income just outright buying something they know they will enjoy isn't flawed at all.
    99% of those people are not retired

It is inordinate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's pay to access content, for sure. Which is such a stupid way to do it. Even if it is expensive to operate and you won't be able to use it, since RSI has made it clear that they aren't dumping credits that people have paid for and earned when the game goes from alpha/beta into full release so by the time that happens, players could have racked up tons of cash to pay for those big ships right out of the gate. I think that's the biggest failure in the sunk cost fallacy, it wouldn't be a problem if the game starts at absolute zero for every player in Star Citizen, but it's clear that is not what RSI is going to do.
    Yep. I said it before and I'll say it again: people defending this have their head so far up their ass, they can't see clearly anymore; it's a perfect example of sunk-cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    To be fair, what you consider an "inordinate" amount of money isn't considered that by all People. So whilst you think spending that much is a "flawed" point of view, To some People with disposable income just outright buying something they know they will enjoy isn't flawed at all.
    Obviously no one can debate that worth is subjective. You can however form an opinion based on objective observation, which is what I did.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-09-06 at 10:39 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    New in-engine ship commercial with a look at the planet Cassel in the Goss system (looking forward to having these emotes in-game eventually):

the latest Inside Star Citizen:

Star Citizen Live - All About Development (an update to how they will structure up-coming patches and further implementation of patches/features):

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    … you are aware that Mythic is just a difficulty setting for those dungeons, right? They are still fucking dungeons, it’s impressive how you ignore most of the post just to nitpick about this sort of shit.

Dude… you can’t tell me “Oh but in WoW you can also buy everything by throwing cash at it!” and proceed to tell me that “at least in star citizen you get something useful from it!”, it’s one or the other, fuck, you are all over the place, “Oh but all others games are also have pay-2-win elements, but star citizen has better pay 2 win elements!!!!” =_=;

Yes, only big brained people can even grasp the complexity of such divine work, alleluia!
    Why are we even bringing up GTA5 now? How was GTA5 ever somehow “complex”? What the fuck you on about?
    And why are you going on about dungeons again, mythic dungeons are a joke and no challenge so why would anyone need to pay for doing anything regarding them, people pay boosts primarily for stuff they cant access when its current. The only boosts in mythic dungeons people buy is for high keys.

Everyone knew what they were backing at the kickstarter so what does it matter if someone has a slightly better ship, just like what does it matter if that player in WoW has AOTC and all the mythic raid titles, and if you paid to get those titles you cant say you earnt them properly, endgame is different in both games and until the game is ready to release p2w is still not relevant until we know all the ingame mechanics.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    @Myobi Is it just me or in that last quote you linked did kenn9530 pull a "No True Scottsman"?

Because you fucking brought them up, you god damn lettuce. You were the one trying to justify 2,000$ price tags in a cash-shop with content boosts, you are the one talking about raids (10/25 man dungeons) and mythic’s (higher difficulty dungeons) from WoW, I mean look at this shit:

My only point here is that regardless the angle you try to approach such comparison, it’s still sounds kind of dumb.

Wrong, not everyone knew what they were backing, in fact, NO ONE knew exactly what they were originally backing, remember that pool that a lot of people here like to bring up every time the topic about feature creep is brought up? “Oh, but the community voted for it!”… yeah… that.

Because I can’t blow the shit up of another player with a title or a dumb mount.

That is actually true, thus why stuff like this sound kind of silly when someone raises any concerns about it:
    The services i mention are primarily raid/pvp services of which cost upwards of millions of gold but we can throw it in the bin if you wish.

The only thing that really matters is if that player gets enough enjoyment out of that purchase, personally i would rather have something useful ingame for that purchase other than something purely cosmetic, someone is always going to have an advantage over you in any game just because they can invest twice as many hours into the game or has a extra money but once the game is out there will be no more ship purchases.

If there are extra features in the game it cant be a bad thing and having them integrated while in development should be much smoother than adding them on later, and with the law system your not going to want to blow up ships too often in high sec space unless you want patrols to come after you.

I love how "endgame" keeps popping up.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Oh dear fucking lord… dude, it doesn’t matter if you call them just dungeons, raids or “mythics”, the technical name of the content is completely irrelevant to the point, it’s still content that people are willing to get boosted through by others, it happens in most multiplayers games, if not all of them, and it will surely happen in Star Citizen too, but regardless how you try to spin it, it doesn’t justify a cash-shop selling what most refer too by “pay-2-win” with price-tags of thousands of dollars.

Sure, I can agree to that, but that’s why your previous WoW subscription comparison is just silly, since you are trying to compare people paying 15$ a month for a 30-day access to something they enjoy playing, to paying 2,000$ outright to play less of something that you supposedly enjoy playing.

If anything, it’s more akin to Blizzard’s “Character Boost” that grants max level to one of your characters, that in my honest opinion, while it’s still not as bad as some of the stuff that SC is profiting from, it’s still also an overpriced bullshit that shouldn’t even exist.

I’ll ask you again, and where do you draw the line? Does that apply to every other game, or it’s just in Star Citizen case? Either way I can assure you that most people highly disagree with you, EA tried to add “something useful” to their Star Wars loot-boxes, and look where it got them.

Yes, someone will always be better than you at any video game, because they dedicate themselves to it for longer, because they just are naturally more skilled than you at it, because they are smarter than you, because their strategy for it is just better than yours… because they have a fat bank account shouldn’t be it, I mean, why the fuck should Lil’Billy over there, be where I stand after I pouring hundreds of hours of my life into this fucking thing just because his parents bank account is far deeper than mine? Part of the reason why we play video games it to escape reality, who or what you are IRL, shouldn’t have an effect on it.

Yawn* “is still not relevant until we know all the ingame mechanics.”, we don’t know about them, but if it’s to justify whatever they are doing, you sure have no problem coming up with a few.
    The law system is an ingame mechanic already implemented and the higher criminal status the harder the patrols after you so its a know mechanic, now we just need criminal status mechanics implemented to actually know some of the consequences there will be to being an outlaw.

Star Citizen allows anyone to earn all the ships ingame, only thing you wont be able to get is certain cosmetics, WoW on the other hand has tons of items you have to spend real money on and some go for thousands of dollars, i would rather that money be for something actually useful ingame rather just afkn sitting on your spectral tiger TCG mount, so why is it not ok to spend money in SC when you can buy useless cosmetic stuff for the same amount of money for WoW?

The only time when have a different ship will actually be relevant is with PvP and if you have no skill your not guaranteed to win so most of the time it wont matter what ship your in.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    WoW on the other hand has tons of items you have to spend real money on and some go for thousands of dollars, i would rather that money be for something actually useful ingame rather just afkn sitting on your spectral tiger TCG mount, so why is it not ok to spend money in SC when you can buy useless cosmetic stuff for the same amount of money for WoW?
    This line is so full of shit it is painful. Go ahead, show us on the WoW shop the thousand dollar items. You are acting like the bullshit in SC is normal. Fun fact, just because an out of print card game has rewards you can get in game and people charge thousands of dollars for them does not mean Blizzard is turning around with a 1k price tag on a tiger mount. And "tons of items"??? You are confusing WoW with SC as far as the cash shop goes.

I can tell you one thing though, one is actually a released game and has been for years, the other is a money pit that has put out small snippets and can't get the complete game out.

My best guess is that his talking about the old limited mounts & pets codes that people sell trough websites such as ebay at ridiculous prices, which is actually against the user agreement and can get you banned… funny part is, people have been doing that with Star Citizen but honestly, I just cba anymore.
    Yeah its why I mentioned the out of print card game. But of course kenn's goal is twisting things to make it sound like Blizz is pulling the same shit as SC and games like Rift with their cash shops. He can't or won't debate normally but no one is surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I love how "endgame" keeps popping up.
    I'd settle for a beginning or middle game tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Okay, I got to ask, are you just trolling me? If that’s the case, good job, if not, shit dude…

We have been at that just couple pages ago, remember? I’ll even repeat it, just for you, you can purchase every cosmetic item or pay for every service in-game by just farming by gold, you buy the tokens from the AH and trade them for B.Net currency, you don’t have to spend real money to get anything, much less “thousands of dollars” , not even in the monthly subscription as it is.

I mean, just look at your own fucking posts, you have been on and on about how you can just “buy anything available in-game with gold”, so what the actual fuck you on about now? Holy fuck... I really hope you are just trolling me for your own mental state sake… either way I’m done, clearly I'm just wasting time discussing shit at all with you, good luck on spreading the holy word brother.
    TCG items sold for real money for the item you bought with real money is within ToShttps://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6723?page=1#12, while they dont directly sell the digital items it was blizz who choose that kind of lootbox system in the first place so its obvious the rare items will sell for alot. How many packs do people buy before they get that item they actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    This line is so full of shit it is painful. Go ahead, show us on the WoW shop the thousand dollar items. You are acting like the bullshit in SC is normal. Fun fact, just because an out of print card game has rewards you can get in game and people charge thousands of dollars for them does not mean Blizzard is turning around with a 1k price tag on a tiger mount. And "tons of items"??? You are confusing WoW with SC as far as the cash shop goes.

I can tell you one thing though, one is actually a released game and has been for years, the other is a money pit that has put out small snippets and can't get the complete game out.
    Plus i never actaully said blizz were directly selling tcg items, they introduced a lootbox system in buying cards in which a collector would have to pay tons of money to get everything, the items should be earnable ingame bar some things here and there.

actually blizz do it much worse than SC in all the microtransactions, while it may be smaller price tags they have many ways to take money from players.

The purchases in SC are funding development, the game wouldnt be made without it so its either accept that they are selling ships or find another game so you dont waste time moaning about SC anymore
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-09 at 12:21 PM.

Oh shit, you are totally correct dude, these couple of fringe cosmetic items completely justify selling items that impact players gameplay for thousands of dollars trough a cash-shop, you got me, thank you for changing my mind.

If I were you, I would keep an eye on your phone, I wouldn’t be surprised if EA attempts to get in contact with you soon.
    and how is a ship going to impact gameplay of other players, other players are still going to destroy your ship if thats what they choose to do and it wont take long to earn better ships ingame anyway, you dont have to always fight and if you have nothing to lose you may aswell do as much damage as possible to make it costly, have you even tried the combat in the game it take some measure of skill to even hit someone especially in a smaller ship.

There are advantages and disadvantages to every ship, you seem to think that someone having a certain ship will make things unplayable.

Cant remember prices but freelancer is like 1.2 mill, constellation 4 mill and hammerhead around 12 million, so shouldnt take long to earn some of the smaller ships.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-09 at 12:55 PM.

Really weird to see this charade still going, and people still paying and believing in it. I've pledged myself as well to this, in 2013, but I was young and I didn't knew much, game looked really well in trailers. So I said hell yes, this game is going to be AMAZING!

Then I actually played it, and had it installed for maybe 2 years.

My subjective opinion is that Chris Roberts is too incompetent to deliver the game that was promised, and over committed on ridiculous, trivial features.

I don't flame people that still believe in it, but admire that you can be loyal and invest yourself in such a terrible mess.

Obviously I still hope that some day we will play the game we all want to, but given what I see so far, and what happened so far, and the road ahead, I'm VERY skeptical.

The purchases in SC are funding development, the game wouldnt be made without it so its either accept that they are selling ships or find another game so you dont waste time moaning about SC anymore
    Actually the Kickstarter was to fund development but they pissed that money away and then decided to sell as many items as they could before the game released.

- - - Updated - - -

actually blizz do it much worse than SC in all the microtransactions, while it may be smaller price tags they have many ways to take money from players.
    Hahahahahaha oh wait you're serious? Let me laugh even harder, HAHAHAHAHA. Let's see game that has been out for 15 years vs game that hasn't officially released as a complete game yet... had a cash shop before it was even playable in any state.... Huh, I didn't know paying 25 dollars for a cosmetic mount or paying for a race change or something was the same thing as dropping 900 dollars on a ship and hell that wasn't even the most expensive thing SC has tried to sell is it? Nope.

Let's not forget many people can buy these cosmetic things with gold, yes SOMEONE is paying the 20 dollar cost to provide 15 in bnet for someone, but for the person spending gold, they are getting it for free in their eyes.

Actually the Kickstarter was to fund development but they pissed that money away and then decided to sell as many items as they could before the game released.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahahahaha oh wait you're serious? Let me laugh even harder, HAHAHAHAHA. Let's see game that has been out for 15 years vs game that hasn't officially released as a complete game yet... had a cash shop before it was even playable in any state.... Huh, I didn't know paying 25 dollars for a cosmetic mount or paying for a race change or something was the same thing as dropping 900 dollars on a ship and hell that wasn't even the most expensive thing SC has tried to sell is it? Nope.

Let's not forget many people can buy these cosmetic things with gold, yes SOMEONE is paying the 20 dollar cost to provide 15 in bnet for someone, but for the person spending gold, they are getting it for free in their eyes.
    Do you honestly believe that the game could of been made with just 2.1 million, even the version back then would of been impossible.

in uk currency 13 appearence change, 19 transfer, 27 faction change, 9 name change, 19 race change, around 40 for a boost and 17 wow token not to mention 14 pets at 9, and 14 mounts at 19 and a few other things you can spend money on so there is plenty of pointless stuff for you to bleed money and even if you used the wow token method the person buying the tokens makes up the difference so blizz dont lose any money.

Your saying its ok for wow to bleed players for no reason just because its released, but SC is using funds for development and that ship is just a reward for helping the game.

And again you ignore that the money to buy those ships is being used for development, SC is on a bigger scale than AAA games and its more complex than any other game on the market.

If you want a space game then SC is the only true one being made and you would be waiting even longer for anyone to try especially since space MMO genre is a niche market.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Really weird to see this charade still going, and people still paying and believing in it. I've pledged myself as well to this, in 2013, but I was young and I didn't knew much, game looked really well in trailers. So I said hell yes, this game is going to be AMAZING!

Then I actually played it, and had it installed for maybe 2 years.

My subjective opinion is that Chris Roberts is too incompetent to deliver the game that was promised, and over committed on ridiculous, trivial features.

I don't flame people that still believe in it, but admire that you can be loyal and invest yourself in such a terrible mess.

Obviously I still hope that some day we will play the game we all want to, but given what I see so far, and what happened so far, and the road ahead, I'm VERY skeptical.
    just need to look at the big picture as a whole, the game probably has grown a tad too much but its coming along and we can clearly see the progress, if another company was developing the game it may come faster but it would probably be released as an incomplete game and just be another ok game but for good or worse chris wants a proper space MMO and it should be a much better game in the end even if it takes a little longer.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-09 at 08:01 PM.

Do you honestly believe that the game could of been made with just 2.1 million, even the version back then would of been impossible.
    Were they not the ones claiming to deliver a game with the funds raised? Yes, they were. Go look at the Kickstarter page and what it was for. It wasn't a "Hey let us just get started a bit so we can open a MASSIVE cash shop and milk you guys further" kickstarter.

- - - Updated - - -

in uk currency 13 appearence change, 19 transfer, 27 faction change, 9 name change, 19 race change, around 40 for a boost and 17 wow token not to mention 14 pets at 9, and 14 mounts at 19 and a few other things you can spend money on so there is plenty of pointless stuff for you to bleed money and even if you used the wow token method the person buying the tokens makes up the difference so blizz dont lose any money.
    Do you need 13 appearance changes, 19 transfers, 27 faction changes, 9 name changes, 19 race changes and blah blah blah? No. Most people don't need ANY of these things. By the way NONE of these things increase your power. It isn't like WoW is selling an epic set of gear on the cash shop unlike SC where you can just flat out buy stronger ships.

I'm quite aware of how the Blizz token works as I even said Blizz makes 20 dollars on a token sale but only provides 15 in bnet balance to the person buying it. The difference is the person buying the token for gold does not give a shit if someone else bought the token for 20 dollars, to the person buying the token with gold they are getting bnet balance for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Your saying its ok for wow to bleed players for no reason just because its released, but SC is using funds for development and that ship is just a reward for helping the game.
    No one is being bled, you don't need a single thing on the WoW cash shop. Blizz put out the game, has maintained the game and takes in monthly sub fees and box sales/expansion sales. They didn't try to half ass the game and whine for money from consumers.

SC aimed for the stars, kept adding in feature creep and bloat and now has to get funding from players to continue...Oh wait, they are also taking in outside sources of revenue from companies as well. It isn't even a fully crowd funded project anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

And again you ignore that the money to buy those ships is being used for development, SC is on a bigger scale than AAA games and its more complex than any other game on the market.
    Yeah sorry, that isn't my problem that they are trying to release something this feature creeped, bloated, blah blah blah. They have proven over and over that they are clueless with their money, miss deadlines over and over and yet continue to ask for handouts for in game pixels. You can be a sucker if you want and drop 900 dollars on a ship, I'd rather put my money in established games that aren't a train wreck.

- - - Updated - - -

just need to look at the big picture as a whole, the game probably has grown a tad too much
    a TAD?!? Holy shit man. If this debacle is a TAD I'd love to see what you actually think is a cash wasting disaster that has spiraled out of control.

Were they not the ones claiming to deliver a game with the funds raised? Yes, they were. Go look at the Kickstarter page and what it was for. It wasn't a "Hey let us just get started a bit so we can open a MASSIVE cash shop and milk you guys further" kickstarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need 13 appearance changes, 19 transfers, 27 faction changes, 9 name changes, 19 race changes and blah blah blah? No. Most people don't need ANY of these things. By the way NONE of these things increase your power. It isn't like WoW is selling an epic set of gear on the cash shop unlike SC where you can just flat out buy stronger ships.

I'm quite aware of how the Blizz token works as I even said Blizz makes 20 dollars on a token sale but only provides 15 in bnet balance to the person buying it. The difference is the person buying the token for gold does not give a shit if someone else bought the token for 20 dollars, to the person buying the token with gold they are getting bnet balance for free.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is being bled, you don't need a single thing on the WoW cash shop. Blizz put out the game, has maintained the game and takes in monthly sub fees and box sales/expansion sales. They didn't try to half ass the game and whine for money from consumers.

SC aimed for the stars, kept adding in feature creep and bloat and now has to get funding from players to continue...Oh wait, they are also taking in outside sources of revenue from companies as well. It isn't even a fully crowd funded project anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sorry, that isn't my problem that they are trying to release something this feature creeped, bloated, blah blah blah. They have proven over and over that they are clueless with their money, miss deadlines over and over and yet continue to ask for handouts for in game pixels. You can be a sucker if you want and drop 900 dollars on a ship, I'd rather put my money in established games that aren't a train wreck.

- - - Updated - - -

a TAD?!? Holy shit man. If this debacle is a TAD I'd love to see what you actually think is a cash wasting disaster that has spiraled out of control.
    The kickstarter was for a project to create a AAA game if possible and due to meeting all the goals thats the game the playerbase wanted.

In SC that ship doesnt give you power, if unskilled then you can be destroyed by someone in a starter ship, it doesnt affect gameplay in the slightest as if someone wants to kill you then they would do it anyway regardless of what ship either of you are using, and ingame mechanics are going to limit the amount of players who even want to try a criminal playstyle, and in PvE gameplay what ship your in is irrelevant, this game is also meant to be played on groups so team up with someone with a better ship.

You can put your money anywhere you want but if someone wants to spend money on a ship its up to them.

Would you rather have a complete game with too many features or something that missing features that end up making that game feel less overall, im happy to wait a little longer.

In SC that ship doesnt give you power, if unskilled then you can be destroyed by someone in a starter ship, it doesnt affect gameplay in the slightest as if someone wants to kill you then they would do it anyway regardless of what ship either of you are using, and ingame mechanics are going to limit the amount of players who even want to try a criminal playstyle, and in PvE gameplay what ship your in is irrelevant, this game is also meant to be played on groups so team up with someone with a better ship.
    Mmmhmm sure, I'm sure having more crew, more guns, more armor, etc has no effect on gameplay. That's why everyone will be flying starter ships because they don't matter right? Oh wait you mean larger ships go faster, have more space, etc etc. Right. It's ONLY about pvp with these ships..Oh wait, that isn't the case? Oops.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you rather have a complete game with too many features or something that missing features that end up making that game feel less overall, im happy to wait a little longer.
    Wasn't this game supposed to release in 2014? I mean Nov 2014 was the date they set in KS. I mean you've been waiting 5 years now, what's another 5 right? I dunno about you, but I think a complete game after 7 years of development isn't a big ask in this day and age. But that is if it was released today, it won't be for years. How long until we call it Duke Nukem levels of incompetence?