Must say, as someone whos invested quite a bit into this game, this thread is quite fun to follow.

On one side you have people who obviously havent played SC in a few years, still calling it a tech demo.
    On the other side, you have people like Kenn who tries to sell the game as if his life depended on it.

Both sides going to the extreme just to win an argument on the internet.

The way I see it, this game is in the same state that Sea of Thieves was at launch. Playable, but extremely dry when it comes to actual content. But you're still able to have fun in the game, its all about what you do ingame, and the community you play it with.

Take bognogus for example. Hardcore Elite D streamer, had serious doubts about SC and all the stuff you guys are talking about in here. But when he actually took a chance and played during the freeflight, he was instantly hooked and has pretty much been streaming it non-stop with his community ever since, going for almost a year-ish now.
    On the other hand you have streamers like Nmplol who wants to have fun in the game, but cant really make it all work because of all the bugs and whatnot, leaving him to play a few days per patch before he gets tired and calls it a day... or quarter. (Like most of us I guess)

Anyways, most of the backers I know are just chilling, waiting for new stuff to get implemented. Obviously annoyed at all the delays, but still fairly relaxed about the whole situation. SQ42 is pretty much the deciding factor for the lot of us here, what happens with and after the launch of SQ42 will either quell of fuel the fire.

When it comes to the money I spent, I dont really give it much thought. I went into this project fully aware that the money could be wasted, so that part doesnt really bother me. I will say though, I've gotten decent value out of the money I spent so far. Obviously not what I expected years ago, but still content, all things considered. Not really any alternatives out there. (I've played NMS, and got 1800hrs in ED)

Will my dreams be realized though? I guess we just have to wait and see. But the progress has picked up some pace the last few years, so theres still hope.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Honestly, I think Star Citizen is a scam, but I had to laugh at this one because WoW completely fails by this metric. Can barely have a 20 vs 20 battle in the world without the server taking a huge shit. Ever try doing the brawl Tarren Mill vs Southshore? Literally a powerpoint presentation.
    Dingus: "What you doing mate"
    Johny: "A cake Dingus, A cake!"
    -takes a look-
    Dingus: "All I see is water, flour and sugar Johny! That's no Cake!"
    Johny: "!?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    It's an example. I based the example on the 50% ratio that was confirmed back in the day when people wanted to celebrate citizen milestones and wondered how many were actual backers.
    What example? What back in the day? You're the one who's been reaching and trying to cope with the frustration for years now. Ever since you gotten mad and refunded. It's not a problem of CIG or Star Citizen at all. You're just angry and frustrated that your dreamy expectations weren't met.

There's no better overall proof of any company's success than it's yearly revenue. And since CIG has been in business for years and having record years, with a product that rely's on consumer satisfaction it's hard to believe that you're still desperately trying to push the narrative that somehow a couple of disgruntled and disillusioned space nerds are a bigger or of the same proportion than the satisfied backers who have increasingly been giving the company 30$Millions, 40$Millions, 50$Millions per year.

The project started in October 2012 and in the end of 2015 it reached 100$Millions in funding. In the end of 2018 it reached 200$Millions and 300$Millions in June 2020.

Does this seems like a project is loosing backers or consumers trust?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Are you suggesting that the money stream is supported by exclusively old backers? That's crazy!
    Why not just own it up and accept that you were a victim of your own naivety and that Star Citizen will never be what you've dreamed of and move on.
    There's so many other space games that can help you forget your high-school love that is Star Citizen. There's a whole world out there with plenty of other games to let you free of your frustrations. Elite: Dangerous and it's amazing 1:1 scale star system with aliens to kill and carriers to lan, No Man Sky with it's billions of multi-coloured planets and fauna to research! Space Engeniers, Dual Universe and Starbase with infinite possibilities to explore. So many finished, polished and released games that keep getting updates and improving and yet you choose to spend your time hating on something you have no control of and looking desperate in the process.

It's like the biggest and stupidest pit any disgruntled gamer can fall into. Wasting time being miserable with games they don't like instead of moving on and enjoying all the other fun opportunities out there!

It's really that simple !

Just gotta get over those feeellllzzzz!

New Evo Build coming right uP! Cyaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-07-23 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    SC is building a game with 600 that would take any other company 2000 plus although it may be done a little faster with 3 times more staff, so development pace is more than reasonable. SC atm is more than the equivelant of 2 games.
    I know I'm a few pages late, but [citation needed].

You can't just say things, Kenn.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Hint: No point in raging about things you cant control
    No one in this thread is raging, but you keep saying things like this. I really don't get it.

You can't just say things.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

Good luck proof-counting all the developers working on those tittles.

No one in this thread is raging, but you keep saying things like this. I really don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    This is an outrage. I don't understand why you are not feeling it.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-07-23 at 10:12 PM.

I mean they've been doing it for pages and pages now. Anyone that is a detractor of the game is a hater, is raging, has no life and so on.

Honestly, I think Star Citizen is a scam, but I had to laugh at this one because WoW completely fails by this metric. Can barely have a 20 vs 20 battle in the world without the server taking a huge shit. Ever try doing the brawl Tarren Mill vs Southshore? Literally a powerpoint presentation.
    Errr, yeah, there's also hundreds if not thousands of people in other zones at the same time, and such battles don't make the servers explode very often at all. I'm not saying WoW's servers are bulletproof, but there is a difference of degree for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Errr, yeah, there's also hundreds if not thousands of people in other zones at the same time, and such battles don't make the servers explode very often at all. I'm not saying WoW's servers are bulletproof, but there is a difference of degree for sure.
    Oh.. Wait.. you mean Star citizen servers explode with just 50 players total?? bahahahaha

Oh.. Wait.. you mean Star citizen servers explode with just 50 players total?? bahahahaha
    It is because all of the AI in the game! Stop being mean!...hah

Servers are capped at 50 for now and shit themselves all the damn time, when the game has one star system available out of the promised 100 (if memory serves).

Of course there's a veritable litany of excuses ready-made to handwave this by the usual suspects- and after all the game IS still in Alpha. But yeah, it's not off to a very good start for your MMO to house so few people even if the servers were stable.

What example? What back in the day?
    Are you serious? Now I have to ask, were you even around back in the day?

Turbulent confirmed that out of the 1 million citizens at the time, 500k were backers and actively involved financially. So I used the 50% just as an example and applied it to today's citizen count. I don't even get why you're stuck on this, is this some kind of diversion to not have to engage even though I clearly told you to use whatever percentage? The percentage isn't even the focus here in the argument.

The statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Turbulent
    "Of the one million user accounts that includes the Roberts Space Industries platform, 500,000 fans have already pre-purchased content in the game, which is actively involved in its funding."
    This isn't even controversial. And it is pure common knowledge. A lot of Star Citizen backer culture at the time revolved around celebrating x and y milestones(and as you have demonstrated, they are plenty). This one was regarding the 1 million Citizen figure that was displayed on the site, which a lot of people wondered about.

I will say that I am happy I could teach you something about the history of Star Citizen again, Mr.Anderson!

You're the one who's been reaching and trying to cope with the frustration for years now. Ever since you gotten mad and refunded. It's not a problem of CIG or Star Citizen at all. You're just angry and frustrated that your dreamy expectations weren't met.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we've now went from disproving MrAnderson's ridiculous and completely baseless claim about the grand majority of the backers, to random nonsense.

Can't attack the argument, attack the person instead. This is the cultist mantra.

There's no better overall proof of any company's success than it's yearly revenue. And since CIG has been in business for years and having record years, with a product that rely's on consumer satisfaction it's hard to believe that you're still desperately trying to push the narrative that somehow a couple of disgruntled and disillusioned space nerds are a bigger or of the same proportion than the satisfied backers who have increasingly been giving the company 30$Millions, 40$Millions, 50$Millions per year.

The project started in October 2012 and in the end of 2015 it reached 100$Millions in funding. In the end of 2018 it reached 200$Millions and 300$Millions in June 2020.
    What does this even have to do with your original claim? You're literally repeating figures that we all already know. Nothing but random, unrelated rambling.

We know. Still doesn't support your claim.

Does this seems like a project is loosing backers or consumers trust?
    You literally can't lose backers as CIG has tried to lock them in. The citizen counter too isn't just going to start magically dropping either.

Consumer trust? Hard to say, the people posting on Spectrum and Reddit are a vocal minority regardless of their stance. They are overwhelmingly negative though - which they haven't been over the years apart from occasional outbursts(mostly thanks to Sandi - I should make a post about her too.). The community, including Reddit's new norm has just recently turned from being positive, to wary, and now outright negative.

Funding continues - we don't know by who and what sums or what people feel in general outside of Spectrum and Reddit. And that brings us back to the original claim:

And the big picture showcases the grand majority of the backers supports CIG decision as the constant growth in funding and players show year after year.
    You have again, no basis for this statement. I'll take it as just another win.

I'm starting to suspect that despite your overwhelmingly defensive position regarding Chris and the project, you haven't been active at all in the community until recent years. it would explain your lack of perspective in pretty much everything we've been discussing over the years - you just don't know about it, you weren't there.

Maybe you backed the game and didn't involve yourself further?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't just say things, Kenn.
    Kenn holds the same illusion that loads of fans used to on Reddit - that CIG in terms of development is some kind of modern reincarnation of the 300 warriors. Elite, super-skilled developers where one guy equals 3 average dudes in terms of hacking away at keyboards.

I remember when one guy came on Reddit with a massive wall of text utterly convinced that CIG had somehow invented object-oriented programming and re-using code. Ignoring the fact that you know, it has been industry standard since... forever.

I'm starting to suspect that despite your overwhelmingly defensive position regarding Chris and the project, you haven't been active at all in the community until recent years. it would explain your lack of perspective in pretty much everything we've been discussing over the years - you just don't know about it, you weren't there.
    Who knows with that one, the account was created in late 2015, shit out 10 quick posts to make a post with links in the SC thread and started attacking other posters from day 1.

Good luck proof-counting all the developers working on those tittles.
    As has been pointed out previous, you are counting every person who ever worked on those titles, even if for a few days, and trying to compare them to the numbers only currently working on SC. If you counted all those who have ever worked on (or will ever work on SC), the numbers are going to be significantly higher than 600. Unless you are trying to say that no one has left working on SC for the last 8 years and been replaced.

Are you serious? Now I have to ask, were you even around back in the day?
    Sure I was, I've been playing all patches they've released haven't you?

Please show us the source of your information when Turbulent mentioned the 50% acquirement rate and the year in witch that was mentioned.

It's relevant to the matter considering that the big growth in funding and player engagement started in the end of 2017 with the 3.0 patch when they added planetary landings. Picked up pace as they added more planets, ships, gear, features while improving performance and specially added ship rentals/buying with ingame credits and stopped resetting progress at every patch and who's funding and registered players have increased exponentially in the last 2 years.

But Behold the company who's player base is dissatisfied and stagnating according to someone who's entrenched into believing it's own fantasy.

Martin look no further, here's your inspiration to finish the books!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    As has been pointed out previous, you are counting every person who ever worked on those titles, even if for a few days, and trying to compare them to the numbers only currently working on SC. If you counted all those who have ever worked on (or will ever work on SC), the numbers are going to be significantly higher than 600. Unless you are trying to say that no one has left working on SC for the last 8 years and been replaced.
    https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-cr...per-1842289962

https://kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-g...nch-1829936466

Knock-yourself out.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-07-24 at 02:09 AM.

But Behold the company who's player base is dissatisfied and stagnating according to someone who's entrenched into believing it's own fantasy.
    Behold the playerbase that can't play a game with more than 50 players or the game implodes. Behold the players with ships requiring the entire server to man it to do...nothing because the game can't handle more than 50 players. Behold the 8+ years of development with nary a finished project in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Behold the playerbase that can't play a game with more than 50 players or the game implodes. Behold the players with ships requiring the entire server to man it to do...nothing because the game can't handle more than 50 players. Behold the 8+ years of development with nary a finished project in sight.
    -takes a look-

-takes a look-
    Dingus: Great you have ingredients, an unfinished cake. I didn't know it took 10 years to bake a cake in the oven either.
    Johny: Oh...

Yes we can play stupid word games all you like fact is that unfinished disaster that you call a game is an unfinished buggy mess that has been worked on for over 8 years. A rousing success that has gone on to be one of the tales for other Kickstarter projects in how you can generate a lot of money and deliver no working product. Bravo.

So they've collected a ton of money, wonderful for THEM. Not so wonderful for people that you know, what the completed game to play. I'm glad you are happy for CiG though, that's really special for you guys.

Dingus: Great you have ingredients, an unfinished cake. I didn't know it took 10 years to bake a cake in the oven either.
    Johny: Oh...

Yes we can play stupid word games all you like fact is that unfinished disaster that you call a game is an unfinished buggy mess that has been worked on for over 8 years. A rousing success that has gone on to be one of the tales for other Kickstarter projects in how you can generate a lot of money and deliver no working product. Bravo.
    8 Games With The Longest Development: https://exp.gg/en/exp-original-en/47533

Table of Contents

1. Duke Nukem Forever
    2. Prey
    3. Spore
    4. Team Fortress 2
    5. Beyond Good and Evil 2
    6. Half-Life 3
    7. The Last Guardian
    8. Final Fantasy XV

So they've collected a ton of money, wonderful for THEM. Not so wonderful for people that you know, what the completed game to play. I'm glad you are happy for CiG though, that's really special for you guys.

BTW What ingame ship requires 50 people to man it? Cause I haven't found any and I've played every patch and some more.

Ah wait, you probably don't even have a computer able to run the game much less access to the alpha.

Blowing Hot air as usual.
    Cue Sad Trombone.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-07-24 at 02:39 AM.

BTW What ingame ship requires 50 people to man it? Cause I haven't found any and I've played every patch and some more.

Ah wait, you probably don't even have a computer able to run the game much less access to the alpha. Blowing Hot air as usual. cue Sad Trombone.
    I really like this response. You totally dodge the point and find a way to attack the poster with a totally baseless claim.

Ah wait, you probably don't even have a computer able to run the game much less access to the alpha. Blowing Hot air as usual. cue Sad Trombone.
    Oh look more personal attacks, yet again. If I wished to play that 'game' I could easily do so. I have no desire to ever play it, it is an unfinished buggy mess. That doesn't look fun to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like this response. You totally dodge the point and find a way to attack the poster with a totally baseless claim.
    Yup at least I didn't get called a hater this time! Is that an improvement? I'm not quite sure.

- - - Updated - - -

8 Games With The Longest Development: https://exp.gg/en/exp-original-en/47533

Table of Contents

1. Duke Nukem Forever
    2. Prey
    3. Spore
    4. Team Fortress 2
    5. Beyond Good and Evil 2
    6. Half-Life 3
    7. The Last Guardian
    8. Final Fantasy XV
    Cool and considering that post was from 2 years ago, Star Citizen would now be on that list as an unfinished game with no projection of a release date. Congrats to SC! Also, point out the CROWDFUNDED games on that list for me, please?

- - - Updated - - -

useless graph
    And this what to do with SC exactly?
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2020-07-24 at 02:52 AM.