Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Or you could log in and screenshot it to back up your own words instead.
    I already pointed you in the right direction, you're a big boy I'm sure you can get there by yourself, if that particular information is so important to you I'm sure you'll find a way. Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I already pointed you in the right direction, you're a big boy I'm sure you can get there by yourself, if that particular information is so important to you I'm sure you'll find a way. Eventually.
    It's really funny that you on the one hand you imply that getting somewhere slowly is a detriment to character but then make all sorts of excuses for CIG taking all these years to barely get anywhere...

I checked with a couple of streamers and they confirmed it's 40 people per server. So no wonder you are unwilling to post any proof.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-01-11 at 07:16 PM.

It's really funny that you on the one hand you imply that getting somewhere slowly is a detriment to character but then make all sorts of excuses for CIG taking all these years to barely get anywhere...

I checked with a couple of streamers and they confirmed it's 40 people per server. So no wonder you are unwilling to post any proof.
    Guess well have to agree to disagree then

Guess well have to agree to disagree then
    Except the person you're quoting is saying the sky is blue while you're claiming it's actually neon pink with yellow highlights. There's no disagreements to be had, you're just wrong again.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Except the person you're quoting is saying the sky is blue while you're claiming it's actually neon pink with yellow highlights. There's no disagreements to be had, you're just wrong again.
    Thanks for joining the conversation but It's not a case of disagreements when you're comparing knowledge based on facts and wishful-thinking. Adding new ignorance to the case won't erase the old one. You're the only one one wrong again so better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yup, this is a common reaction when trying to correct any false information claimed by the more fanatical backers. It always seems less about civil discussion, evidence, patterns or facts and more about attacks and insults.

Fighting here to know whether we're allowed to be 40, 50 or 60 players in the universe... Yikes. That's like WoW but limited to one person par capital because hey, not too many people at the same time please.

Honestly, at this point, they should as well remove all MMO aspect of the game (given that you probably only make affairs with NPCs right ?), that would spare them millions in development and tons of headaches, and focus on a great space-sim experience.

Space MMO being limited to fewer people than there are planets/moons... What are the odds to even find another player ?

We want it so much that we have crashed the crowdfunding website.
    Is there should be an age limit to play these games?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen Elite videos with more than 50 people in them.
    Elite Dangerous will also add ground combat in Odyssey expansion and it looks sick as hell.

If that's what you ment with elite.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Fighting here to know whether we're allowed to be 40, 50 or 60 players in the universe... Yikes. That's like WoW but limited to one person par capital because hey, not too many people at the same time please.

Honestly, at this point, they should as well remove all MMO aspect of the game (given that you probably only make affairs with NPCs right ?), that would spare them millions in development and tons of headaches, and focus on a great space-sim experience.

Space MMO being limited to fewer people than there are planets/moons... What are the odds to even find another player ?
    There's no fighting at all. There's an actual player of the game stating factual information and then there's non players of the game making things up to feel included.

The 50 player cap is only there while they finish developing and implementing server meshing, which in simple terms will connect all the servers dynamically allowing players to share the same universe.

There's no fighting at all. There's an actual player of the game stating factual information and then there's non players of the game making things up to feel included.

The 50 player cap is only there while they finish developing and implementing server meshing, which in simple terms will connect all the servers dynamically allowing players to share the same universe.
    No different from saying Bosses in WoW are scripted deterministic events only until they finish developing full integrated smart AI's and then they will act like people.

Server meshing is a panacea, the miracle fix that will solve all of SC's problems. Except they have been working on it for years with nothing to show for it and no reason to expect it will ever actually work.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

And yet the alleged player of the game cannot provide simple proof to back up their claims, despite stating it is "easy to confirm by just joining a server and checking the Global Channel number."

The player cap was reduced, perhaps it was increased since then but as I previously stated the large ship attack videos are all 40 player VS.
    CIG tried increasing player count on the PTU but found they needed to drop it back to 40 because it was causing problems and it strikes me as very odd they would do that on the PTU but then increase it on the live servers without any additional testing, it makes no sense at all.

It seems as though you're not interested in providing any facts or evidence, you just want to argue with people who have different views/opinions of the game.

I would be curious to know what you think about the average daily play time only being 6 minutes per person last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No different from saying Bosses in WoW are scripted deterministic events only until they finish developing full integrated smart AI's and then they will act like people.

Server meshing is a panacea, the miracle fix that will solve all of SC's problems. Except they have been working on it for years with nothing to show for it and no reason to expect it will ever actually work.
    I'm not aware that Blizzars ever intended or saying their WoW raid encounters would be anything else but scriptted events so I don't see how that compares.

Server meshing is just like every other technical milestone to achieve the kind of game they want. It's not suposed to be a miracle fix to everything. Just another step into making Star Citizen universe like it's intended.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet the alleged player of the game cannot provide simple proof to back up their claims, despite stating it is "easy to confirm by just joining a server and checking the Global Channel number."

The player cap was reduced, perhaps it was increased since then but as I previously stated the large ship attack videos are all 40 player VS.
    CIG tried increasing player count on the PTU but found they needed to drop it back to 40 because it was causing problems and it strikes me as very odd they would do that on the PTU but then increase it on the live servers without any additional testing, it makes no sense at all.

It seems as though you're not interested in providing any facts or evidence, you just want to argue with people who have different views/opinions of the game.

I would be curious to know what you think about the average daily play time only being 6 minutes per person last year.
    Since you already lied about streamers saying the server is capped at 40 showing you're not arguing in good faith. Seems like you're just desperate for attention and using a trivial matter to justify the wheel spinning.

Since you already lied about streamers saying the server is capped at 40 showing you're not arguing in good faith. Seems like you're just desperate for attention and using a trivial matter to justify the wheel spinning.
    Haha, this is a perfect example of what I was saying.

It's so evident that you cannot provide any proof simply because doing so would prove you wrong, what other conclusion can be drawn given the amount of opputunities you have had but failed to deliver upon.

And now you are playing silly games like trying to turn a poster's point back on them in some kind of gotcha reversal... which just reinforces what I was saying about only participating in discussions to argue, attack and insult other posters.

There's no need to proove anything. As someone who plays the game and is logged onto a server with other 49 players right now I couldn't care less about the input or beliefs of someone who doesn't even play the game.

Anyway for the sake of taking something out of this conversation in this Star Citizen tutorial video from about a week ago @9:47 one can see a player in a server with 46 players showcased in the 46/51 number on top and the name of the players on the right and the number going up in real time to 47 and then 48 as players join. The 51 number occurs when players info is still loaded despite it being out of the server due to crash or loading loop.

Great introductory video to new and old players nonetheless.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-01-12 at 04:08 PM.

There's no need to proove anything. As someone who plays the game and is logged onto a server with other 49 players right now I couldn't care less about the input or beliefs of someone who doesn't even play the game.
    Backed up by your record of not engaging with people whose inputs and beliefs you couldn't care less about...

Anyway for the sake of taking something out of this conversation in this Star Citizen tutorial video from about a week ago @9:47 one can see a player in a server with 46 players showcased in the 46/51 number on top and the name of the players on the right and the number going up in real time to 47 and then 48 as players join. The 51 number occurs when players info is still loaded despite it being out of the server due to crash or loading loop.

Great introductory video to new and old players nonetheless.
    Patched since the 21st December patch then, good to know.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-01-12 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen Elite videos with more than 50 people in them.
    elite dangerous is hosted from the players computer, its just an instance that will handle a certain amount of players and then crash when its too high for the hosts computer to handle.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Backed up by your record of not engaging with people whose inputs and beliefs you couldn't care less about...
    Patched since the 21st December patch then, good to know.
    Sometimes is worth it if only to expose the lies and deceit.

Sometimes is worth it if only to expose the lies and deceit.
    Ah yes because the people on the Star Citizen side have been nothing but paragons of truth defending this 8+ years in development game that cannot handle more than 50 people without exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Ah yes because the people on the Star Citizen side have been nothing but paragons of truth defending this 8+ years in development game that cannot handle more than 50 people without exploding.
    You can be fine with supporting the game and it's development while knowing that development issues are part of the process, that alphas are bound to have bugs and glitches, that server technology is still being developed and as such servers performance may suffer when under heavy load. Also it's not Star Citizen backers caught lying, deceiving or hyperbolizing about such a redundant issue like the player cap on a game in development as a way to cope with the reality that the company keeps making progress against it's the multiple predictions and even wishful thinking of those who've seem to have made their life goal to hate on a video-game. In a way that shows the sad state of despair to need to resort to blatant lie and deceit to attack Star Citizen.