it must be tiring to be that much a fan of this "game" and have to defend it from all fronts like this...

wake me when the promises are completed and at least the full solo game is out, I'll wait

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Also it's not Star Citizen backers caught lying, deceiving or hyperbolizing
    Yup totally just one side being dishonest for 564 pages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    it must be tiring to be that much a fan of this "game" and have to defend it from all fronts like this...

wake me when the promises are completed and at least the full solo game is out, I'll wait
    Makes me wonder if some of the defenders of this game are paid to do so with how much effort they put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Makes me wonder if some of the defenders of this game are paid to do so with how much effort they put into it.
    Reminds me of Slipmat from the Rift subforum-now-megathread and ministabber from the Wildstar megathread.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Reminds me of Slipmat from the Rift subforum-now-megathread and ministabber from the Wildstar megathread.
    Yup same thoughts. I just don't understand it, you can really enjoy something, follow it and keep up on information and play it for hundreds of hours. But it isn't perfect and to ALWAYS be on the side of a company like that, is either a paid shill or just someone with an agenda. I've enjoyed WoW for years and years but they fuck up things pretty damn badly at times so there is no way I'd defend them to the death on some forum.

Ah yes because the people on the Star Citizen side have been nothing but paragons of truth defending this 8+ years in development game that cannot handle more than 50 people without exploding.
    CiG have stated it since the beginning that they wont release a game unless they are happy with it, they will not sacrifice things to just release it for the sake of it. The server does more than just handle 50 players, it handles everything that those players are even near which includes hundred of AI and massive cities, there is only so much a server is capable of processing, it doesnt matter about a 50 player limit currently anyway as the MMO wont have that limitation and an alpha game is to test things.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    CiG have stated it since the beginning that they wont release a game unless they are happy with it, they will not sacrifice things to just release it for the sake of it. The server does more than just handle 50 players, it handles everything that those players are even near which includes hundred of AI and massive cities, there is only so much a server is capable of processing, it doesnt matter about a 50 player limit currently anyway as the MMO wont have that limitation and an alpha game is to test things.
    A perpetual alpha is what exactly? It DOES matter about a 50 player limit when they sell ships that are meant to be manned by tons of players. Maybe they should cut back a bit on the massive AI and scope if they can't handle 50 people playing without the game exploding.

I imagine one day they will have to release something, completed or not, as the money won't last forever. Keep kicking that can down the road and eventually people will stop spectating and caring. Good to see another eternal defender is here. How many years has this game been worked on now? 8? 9?

A perpetual alpha is what exactly? It DOES matter about a 50 player limit when they sell ships that are meant to be manned by tons of players. Maybe they should cut back a bit on the massive AI and scope if they can't handle 50 people playing without the game exploding.

I imagine one day they will have to release something, completed or not, as the money won't last forever. Keep kicking that can down the road and eventually people will stop spectating and caring. Good to see another eternal defender is here. How many years has this game been worked on now? 8? 9?
    Why does it matter currently about a 50 player limit since an alpha is for testing all the features available and you can still do that, when they are ready to implement server meshing thats when we will see an increase in server capacity so until thats ingame it doesnt matter.

They have released something and its been around for years and while its not complete its very good space game currently and better than many space games currently around. They are not going to run out of money anytime soon and they will release the game when its ready, if anyone thought the MMO version of the game would be done in less than 10 years than they have no clue about game development.

About as much "tiring" than any other forum posting. I don't see how correcting the lies and misconceptions some posters keep spieling about this game could be considered bad or the same as saying the game is "perfect".

If someone posts that WoW Classic raid's are limited to 30 players I'm sure someone correcting him wouldn't make him a Blizzard employee for doing so.

What you should be asking about is why some posters feel the need to constant bitch and even lie about a game they don't even play or enjoy particularly.

The Dance Studio was promised in WotLK, even featured on it's box art, yet is nowhere to be seen. Have you been waiting since WotLK to play WoW?

Why does it matter currently about a 50 player limit since an alpha is for testing all the features available and you can still do that
    They can't even test all of the features; there is so much server load they've been having to remove features from the current builds, like racing, and even then the server still can't handle all of the stuff.

Why does it matter currently about a 50 player limit since an alpha is for testing all the features available and you can still do that, when they are ready to implement server meshing thats when we will see an increase in server capacity so until thats ingame it doesnt matter.
    But server meshing should be the priority in fact. You're saying that like they are implementing hundreds of features, and they're keeping the most important part of their development, which will basically make the game legendary or utter failure, for the very last step where maybe everything will fall apart.

Limiting the server capacity to 50, while selling ships which can be manned by a 80-person crew, without any certainty that it will work one day ... ?

It is clear that, as long as the server capacity is that limited (50, 60 or even 100-200, nobody cares), everything else is secondary. They can have the perfect game for space battles, if you can't even see anyone else in the universe, there is literally no point. Yay, I've bought the Javelin for 3 fucking thousand $, I've somehow recruited 40 people to maneuver the ship, all I gotta do now is wander around the universe to find the remaining 10 people who might as well be chilling on a planet/moon.

At this point they should have expanded the PvE aspect first. So at least people with their 3000$ ship could actually engage in battle against stuff.

Limiting the server capacity because they have to host thousands of NPCs screams nonsense to me. Just as if WoW suddenly limited the server capacity to 20 because they needed to implemented hundreds of new NPCs in capitals. I think Blizz's HQ would burn that day.

Sometimes is worth it if only to expose the lies and deceit.
    Such devasting lies!

I must admit I said that in the hope of prompting you into providing evidence to substantiate your own claim. A rather basic requirement for general discourse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    They can't even test all of the features; there is so much server load they've been having to remove features from the current builds, like racing, and even then the server still can't handle all of the stuff.
    Yes so much this. Reduce player count to 40 on the PTU because it is blocking other features from being implemented. Coming up with OCS and SSOCS etc.

It is as though they are reactionary band-aiding to make up for a lack of core tech design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    But server meshing should be the priority in fact. You're saying that like they are implementing hundreds of features, and they're keeping the most important part of their development, which will basically make the game legendary or utter failure, for the very last step where maybe everything will fall apart.
    Their not waiting before working on server meshing, they have been working on it for years. They just haven't made it work yet, and may never do.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Such devasting lies!

I must admit I said that in the hope of prompting you into providing evidence to substantiate your own claim. A rather basic requirement for general discourse.
    Basic requirement for general discourse would be arguing in good faith or knowing when to admit you're wrong. And most definetly not trying to lie your way out of it.

Server meshing has been a priority and actively worked on by many years. It's a tech that has a lot of dependencies (iCache) since it touches everything but that doesn't mean other teams can't work on other features and content while it's being developed.

The data gathered in the current alpha is fundamental to the development of all the network tech and that's why some PTU builds can have different player caps or why they do FreeFly events and quests involving capital ships.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-01-13 at 01:34 PM.

Basic requirement for general discourse would be arguing in good faith or knowing when to admit you're wrong. And most definetly not trying to lie your way out of it.
    In good faith by linking to patch notes, referencing videos and using rationale to back up my opinion as opposed to your stance which amounted to nothing more than "ur wrong". Good faith on your part would have been providing something to back up your claim right from the start instead of having your arm twisted into doing it.

Like come on man.

Server meshing has been a priority and actively worked on by many years. It's a tech that has a lot of dependencies (iCache) since it touches everything but that doesn't mean other teams can't work on other features and content while it's being developed.

The data gathered in the current alpha is fundamental to the development of all the network tech and that's why some PTU builds can have different player caps or why they do FreeFly events and quests involving capital ships.
    Server meshing was talked about for years but Clive only started on it in 2019. Which is why I call it being shoe-horned in, there is no other way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Limiting the server capacity to 50, while selling ships which can be manned by a 80-person crew, without any certainty that it will work one day ... ?

It is clear that, as long as the server capacity is that limited (50, 60 or even 100-200, nobody cares), everything else is secondary. They can have the perfect game for space battles, if you can't even see anyone else in the universe, there is literally no point. Yay, I've bought the Javelin for 3 fucking thousand $, I've somehow recruited 40 people to maneuver the ship, all I gotta do now is wander around the universe to find the remaining 10 people who might as well be chilling on a planet/moon.

At this point they should have expanded the PvE aspect first. So at least people with their 3000$ ship could actually engage in battle against stuff.

Limiting the server capacity because they have to host thousands of NPCs screams nonsense to me. Just as if WoW suddenly limited the server capacity to 20 because they needed to implemented hundreds of new NPCs in capitals. I think Blizz's HQ would burn that day.
    They are working on more than just server meshing and server meshing is not essential for the SQ42 campaign, they have as much time as they need to get server meshing working the way they want and they are not going to implement the large ships in the game until after SQ42 has been released so the 50 player limit is not an issue in the alpha since the largest ships dont need more than 10 players currently.

The MMO will not be limited to 50 players and thats a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You can still test whats available doesnt matter if the game may occasionally crash or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    In good faith by linking to patch notes, referencing videos and using rationale to back up my opinion as opposed to your stance which amounted to nothing more than "ur wrong". Good faith on your part would have been providing something to back up your claim right from the start instead of having your arm twisted into doing it.

Like come on man.

Server meshing was talked about for years but Clive only started on it in 2019. Which is why I call it being shoe-horned in, there is no other way to put it.
    I said you're wrong based on basic experience of playing the game while also providing patch notes and explanation to why player cap might change in the PTU. Things could have stayed by that but since your ego was bruised you felt the need to push it further and even resort to lying.

As for server meshing development it's not shoehorned in anyway but planned and in development for years as was all the prior tech needed to implement it as envisioned.

And further explained here: https://prezi.com/view/l5DorjAy1dUz8BoDnuoF/
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-01-13 at 04:22 PM.

I said you're wrong based on basic experience of playing the game
    This is hardly some sort of qualification for telling the truth. You've lied on many occasions in the past so being asked to provide some evidence is just doing due diligence. And now you pointing to my "lie" like you are some paragon of truth. It's really funny tbh.

...while also providing patch notes and explanation to why player cap might change in the PTU. And thing could have stayed by that but since your ego was bruised you felt the need to push it further and even resort to lie about it.
    Oh yeah here we go with the assumptions... Me and my ego, that must be it. How astute of you to be able to psychoanalyse a person's reasons and motives through a handful of written words, you should get yourself a job with the FBI mate instead of doing free interning for CIG

As for server meshing development it's not shoehorned in anyway but planned and in development for years as was all the prior tech needed to implement it as envisioned.
    CIG couldn't plan a piss up in a brewery and you know it.
    Look at how poorly planned SQ42 has turned out to be or Star Marine or the release of patch 3.0 or last year's roadmap that was a priority at the beginning of the year but had still not appeared by the end of the year, or the xeno event that got cancelled one day after its announcement etc.

Yes, CIG, the master of planning.

The MMO will not be limited to 50 players and thats a fact.
    But what has been playable for 'years' has had a cap and that is a fact. Don't worry though you can still buy ships that take the whole server to pilot. Woot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Must admit, having originally backed this game, I really don't think I even give a shit about it anymore. The issues with it are blatant, and that isn't even going to the game itself.

Looking at my WotLK box, there is exactly nothing on there about a dance studio.

So, typical feature creep? When they can't even get probably their most important feature in the game after several years....

I'm tired of even hearing about server meshing at this point, tbh.
    dance studio was mentioned in the official trailer
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC