Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This is hardly some sort of qualification for telling the truth. You've lied on many occasions in the past so being asked to provide some evidence is just doing due diligence. And now you pointing to my "lie" like you are some paragon of truth. It's really funny tbh.
    You just came out of a lying binge and you're jumping into another one because of your ego is too strong to admit defeat. I'm sure this will end up very well and you'll be able to showcase when "I've lied on many occasions" just like you proved the player cap was 40 players. If I didn't already knew how much you are emotionally invested into hating this game I would have almost feel sorry for you but then again it's nothing new as all the years of bitter and deceitful posting have recurrently shown.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-01-13 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    If I didn't already knew how much you are emotionally invested into hating this game I would have almost feel sorry for you but then again it's nothing new as all the years of bitter and deceitful posting have recurrently shown.
    If I didn't already know how much you are emotionally invested into loving this game I would have almost felt sorry for you but then again it's nothing new as all the years of ardent defending, personal attacks and deceitful posting have shown us.

Why do you care if they post lies or half truths or the full truth? Why do you go so hard to try and defend this game? This is what year NINE of this game being an incomplete disaster? Be honest, are you defending this game because you HAVE to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If I didn't already know how much you are emotionally invested into loving this game I would have almost felt sorry for you but then again it's nothing new as all the years of ardent defending, personal attacks and deceitful posting have shown us.

Why do you care if they post lies or half truths or the full truth? Why do you go so hard to try and defend this game? This is what year NINE of this game being an incomplete disaster? Be honest, are you defending this game because you HAVE to?
    I'm not going hard, just like stating that a player cap is 50 and not 40 isin't going hard. Lying about it is going hard on deceit.
    Imagine lying about WoW Classic RAID player cap being 30 when you're told by people playing the game that it's 40 and trying to lie your way out of it. That's going hard, against the ground. Highlighting such sadness is the easy part. Oh and I'll wait for you to join your friend in showcasing the proof of my "deceitful posting". Until then, just more lies and desperate attacks of the usual haters.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-01-13 at 09:35 PM.

I'm not going hard, just like stating that a player cap is 50 and not 40 isin't going hard. Lying about it is going hard on deceit.
    Imagine lying about WoW Classic RAID player cap being 30 when you're told by people playing the game that it's 40 and trying to lie your way out of it. That's going hard, against the ground. Highlighting such sadness is the easy part. Oh and I'll wait for you to join your friend in showcasing the proof of my "deceitful posting". Until then, just more lies and desperate attacks of the usual haters.
    So you're saying the cap on the servers was never 40 at any point?

Dude I have no reason to go through your past posts unless you love me posting that imgur from some of your earlier posts about how many years some MMOs take to develop and Star Citizen is in year 9 now.

I will also note you chose not to answer about you HAVING to post here. Do you have to post in threads to defend this company/game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So you're saying the cap on the servers was never 40 at any point?

Dude I have no reason to go through your past posts unless you love me posting that imgur from some of your earlier posts about how many years some MMOs take to develop and Star Citizen is in year 9 now.

I will also note you chose not to answer about you HAVING to post here. Do you have to post in threads to defend this company/game?
    Already answered before:

Live Servers are at 50 player. Easy to confirm by just joining a server and checking the Global Channel number as it shows the player cap 49/50 along with the players names on the side, you can ask some Twitch streamer to show the chat channel and confirm for yourself.

PTU server builds setups can change depending on what CIG wants to test. One build they upped the player cap to 60: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...-to-60/2712212

They spent years converting to 64bit map size, years developing their planetary tech, years building big ships and so on. Developing new tech will always involve a lot of time and money. If it was an easy feat to accomplish server meshing or many other features of Star Citizen it would probably already been developed by other studios and seen in more demanding games.
    Why would I NEED to post here on any other forum? I'm not defending the game or the company when I expose lies and deceit. Again we've been through this already.

About as much "tiring" than any other forum posting. I don't see how correcting the lies and misconceptions some posters keep spieling about this game could be considered bad or the same as saying the game is "perfect".

If someone posts that WoW Classic raid's are limited to 30 players I'm sure someone correcting him wouldn't make him a Blizzard employee for doing so.

What you should be asking about is why some posters feel the need to constant bitch and even lie about a game they don't even play or enjoy particularly.
    So tell us, why do people who don't like this game feel the NEED to keep constantly posting when they clearly know very little about it and have to resort to lies and deceits to feel like they belong.

why do YOU care what other people say when you're supposed to have the time of your life on your tech demo pre alpha ?

You just came out of a lying binge and you're jumping into another one because of your ego is too strong to admit defeat. I'm sure this will end up very well and you'll be able to showcase when "I've lied on many occasions" just like you proved the player cap was 40 players. If I didn't already knew how much you are emotionally invested into hating this game I would have almost feel sorry for you but then again it's nothing new as all the years of bitter and deceitful posting have recurrently shown.
    LOL "A lying binge".

How overly dramatic can you get? You're looking really desperate trying to score points... It seems being puppeteered into backing up your own claims has upset you somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson
    I couldn't care less about the input or beliefs of someone who doesn't even play the game.
    As proven by yapping on about the same point for the last 2 or 3 days now. A true man of his word.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They are working on more than just server meshing and server meshing is not essential for the SQ42 campaign, they have as much time as they need to get server meshing working the way they want and they are not going to implement the large ships in the game until after SQ42 has been released so the 50 player limit is not an issue in the alpha since the largest ships dont need more than 10 players currently.
    Isn't SQ42 nowhere to be seen, as far as I know ?
    Also, we're talking about a space sim game. Where you should expect space battles. But if "largest ships don't need more than 10 players currently", still means it's nowhere like a space battle you can expect, more like a space ambush, 5 ships at a time, and that's even considering everyone on the server is currently located at the same place, leaving the rest of the universe to the hands of NPCs.

The fact CIG is apparently developing the game as an MMO but spends that much time adding thousands of NPCs is scary. They're trying their best to make their universe feel busy instead of trying to have people playing together. That's not what MMO means.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The MMO will not be limited to 50 players and thats a fact.
    How can that even be a fact if that's the potential future ? That's an assumption, at best. It may happen. But it may also not. Which makes it all but a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    why do YOU care what other people say when you're supposed to have the time of your life on your tech demo pre alpha ?
    One one both enjoy playing a game and also poin out lies or misconceptions to new and uninformed readers without actually caring about their opinion in particular. For the sake of discussion It's better to stick to facts and anyone who provides false or incorrect information is bound to be corrected sooner or later. Or in this case exposed.

I swear this guy literally thinks he is some sort of forum P.I. now.

I am in stitches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    The average amount of hours played by Star Citizen fans last year was just 36 hours.
    3 hours a month, 41 minutes a week or 6 minutes a day.

Defending Star Citizen's e-honour is way more important than playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Defending Star Citizen's e-honour is way more important than playing the game.
    Pointing out when someone is factually wrong and then resorts to lie while discussing any topic will happen in any topic thread in any forum.

Just own the simple fact that if you're going to discuss in a thread about a subject you have only superficial knowledge there's a great chance there will be posters who know more than you. And If you don't like being corrected avoid posting incorrect information or make a fuss when corrected and more importantly don't try to lie your way out of it.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-01-14 at 01:41 PM.

Pointing out when someone is factually wrong and then resorts to lie while discussing any topic will happen in any topic thread in any forum.
    I have to say I am surprised at how badly you are taking being tricked into providing evidence to substantiate your claim.
    This weird reimagining of the conversation in your favour is strange. Needing to resort to removing all context and painting other people as less knowledgable while bolstering your own authority over the game and any discussion around it only exposes your previous claim regarding ego was nothing but projection.

Just own the simple fact that if you're going to discuss in a thread about a subject you have only superficial knowledge there's a great chance there will be posters who know more than you. And If you don't like being corrected avoid posting incorrect information or make a fuss when corrected and more importantly don't try to lie your way out of it.
    Ahh, the appeal to authority complex once again rears its ugly head.

10+ Year Old Account

Years later the user is still in this thread like all that matters is the downfall of RSI and failure of SC. Crazy priorities (@1001 but I ignored his profile + I hide ignored posts). Crazy, so so, cray!
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Also, we're talking about a space sim game. Where you should expect space battles. But if "largest ships don't need more than 10 players currently", still means it's nowhere like a space battle you can expect, more like a space ambush, 5 ships at a time, and that's even considering everyone on the server is currently located at the same place, leaving the rest of the universe to the hands of NPCs.

The fact CIG is apparently developing the game as an MMO but spends that much time adding thousands of NPCs is scary. They're trying their best to make their universe feel busy instead of trying to have people playing together. That's not what MMO means.

How can that even be a fact if that's the potential future ? That's an assumption, at best. It may happen. But it may also not. Which makes it all but a fact.
    We are currently not testing large scale ship combat atm so it doesnt make a difference what ships are ingame and fluyable currently. It was always the plan to have the universe populated around 90% by npcs, the game wont really work properly without npcs as they will be handling the majority of work players wont want to do all the time, also players dont always want to go against other players all the time so there has to be options.

We already know it is possible for server meshing to work, CiG just want a different version of it as it will give the best performance and least amount of wasted resources so it is a fact, if it wasnt possible dont you think they would of already went to thier backup plan.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

You can't really have one without the other. NPCs need to exist for players to interact with, since they drive a core aspect of the gameplay. To me, it makes more sense to have an actual functioning universe before having a universe full of players with little to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just had an interesting thought. As a non-backer who has tried the game during one or two free fly events, what did these developers expect to happen when they put out a free event for anyone to try the "mmo", but couldn't play it because of the exceedingly prohibitive server limit? In my mind, isn't it counterproductive to open your doors to people with a subpar experience? Potentially thousands of people checking out the game, an MMO, that cannot handle massive groups of players. I just can't understand the rationale here.

What on earth are the priorities exactly? With nearly half a billion dollars raised at this point, they could've made 3 AAA mmo titles I imagine. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I just had an interesting thought. As a non-backer who has tried the game during one or two free fly events, what did these developers expect to happen when they put out a free event for anyone to try the "mmo", but couldn't play it because of the exceedingly prohibitive server limit? In my mind, isn't it counterproductive to open your doors to people with a subpar experience? Potentially thousands of people checking out the game, an MMO, that cannot handle massive groups of players. I just can't understand the rationale here.

What on earth are the priorities exactly? With nearly half a billion dollars raised at this point, they could've made 3 AAA mmo titles I imagine. O_o
    They expected to raise more money by bringing in new backers. And it seems to mostly work as the funding continues. They're functionally just mini-marketing betas.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is so weird to me, but if it works.....

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    That is so weird to me, but if it works.....
    It does. Even with games that are not polished as heck, marketing betas are effective tools at driving new signups/sales. And CIG needs to keep the money flowing, which means leveraging existing backers to continue spending on new ships etc. while trying to bring in new blood that they can turn into paying backers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It does. Even with games that are not polished as heck, marketing betas are effective tools at driving new signups/sales. And CIG needs to keep the money flowing, which means leveraging existing backers to continue spending on new ships etc. while trying to bring in new blood that they can turn into paying backers.
    I get the idea. What I didn't get was them allowing a free beta for a game in a genre that is built on the foundation of massive and multiplayer, without (arguably) either of those things. It's strange to me. If it was SQ42 and not SC I wouldn't say anything, but they're showing people what seems to be quite possibly the worst part(s) of this supposed MMO experience.