Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...r-Citizen-Live about the 2 min 50 mark saying the game can support at least around 20k players concurrently.
    The game can't currently support more than 40 players. Magically hand waving what it will possibly, hopefully, pretty pretty please be able to handle 20,000 players at some currently unknown future date is meaningless. No one, except you, gives a shit about what the game might be able to theoretically do in the future. It's not there yet, and no idea if or when it actually will.

Eve battles consist on ships just sitting in one spot and getting blow up over and over, not really interesting or engaging at the very least, so no ive not been burned, if you enjoy mindless space combat then by all means.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...r-Citizen-Live about the 2 min 50 mark saying the game can support at least around 20k players concurrently.
    The by far largest and most epic pvp battles have all been in EVE, they even hold the guinness world records for largest mp videogame PvP battles and one even lasted 21 hours with 9K people involved in the same battle.

One example of a very epic battle
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

And
    EVE Online Breaks Two GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ TITLES in One Day with Biggest Battle in Video Game History
    https://www.ccpgames.com/news/2020/e...n-one-day-with

Obviously alot of people enjoy that.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The game can't currently support more than 40 players. Magically hand waving what it will possibly, hopefully, pretty pretty please be able to handle 20,000 players at some currently unknown future date is meaningless. No one, except you, gives a shit about what the game might be able to theoretically do in the future. It's not there yet, and no idea if or when it actually will.
    20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The by far largest and most epic pvp battles have all been in EVE, they even hold the guinness world records for largest mp videogame PvP battles and one even lasted 21 hours with 9K people involved in the same battle.

One example of a very epic battle
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

And
    EVE Online Breaks Two GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ TITLES in One Day with Biggest Battle in Video Game History
    https://www.ccpgames.com/news/2020/e...n-one-day-with

Obviously alot of people enjoy that.
    Yeah sitting in one spot while watching tv shows and movies is not really interesting, eve requires very little attention just target a ship blow it up and repeat, some may enjoy mindless gameplay but i prefer something a little more involved most of the time.

Size of the battles dont really matter as long as it is actually engaging content, a small 100-200 ship battle can feel much more epic if done correctly rather than thousands of ships doing very little.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-16 at 05:24 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.
    K you can believe it all you want a player cap of 40 says otherwise. 40 player cap is laughable for a mmo. We know you are in deep and buy everything Christ sells hook line and sinker.

This is the same kind of argument that says 10000000 people can play Cyberpunk 2077 at the same time, who cares if they're on completely different systems and not playing together. This is disingenuous bullshit.

This is supposed to be an MMO, it absolutely matters that those 20,000 people can't play together, and you're arguing in bad faith if you're going to try to say it doesn't. Each server can currently onlysupport 40 players. That's the only number that matters right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Posting about and enjoying a game in development should be self explanatory. If it's a finished game you're looking to discuss maybe You should come back later.
    any guestimate on when that would be??

2030 maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    any guestimate on when that would be??

2030 maybe??
    Oh it has to be two years. The expert on the subject, kenn, said the project is a 10 year project and they are a bit over 8 years by his estimation. So 2023. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This is disingenuous bullshit.
    Doesn't that just sum up this game in 4 neat little words?

I was hoping to hear how the Xenothreat event went, what worked well, what worked poorly etc, or that there might be some discussion between SC fans about it. But as always nada. I swear it's like nobody even plays SC, they just want to defend it on various forums.

Edit:
    Or maybe it was so bad that not even the fans want to talk about it?
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-02-16 at 05:29 PM.

This is the same kind of argument that says 10000000 people can play Cyberpunk 2077 at the same time, who cares if they're on completely different systems and not playing together. This is disingenuous bullshit.

This is supposed to be an MMO, it absolutely matters that those 20,000 people can't play together, and you're arguing in bad faith if you're going to try to say it doesn't. Each server can currently onlysupport 40 players. That's the only number that matters right now.
    Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product, your just arguing in bad faith by only taking into account whats available in an alpha version of the game.

If you wont even consider features that the game is supposed to have at launch your just creating your own goalposts to suit your own agenda, a games final product should always be taken into account.

Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product
    This is not true for any alpha or beta game that is out there. Once you start selling your game, you are judged on what you have NOW. Not what you will have. You think when people buy a game in EA or Alpha they will all give it a fair shake? Lol, that isn't how it works man.

- - - Updated - - -

your just arguing in bad faith
    Someone is doing that, but it isn't Katchii

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are on the same server - it's just the server is a cluster of machines.

Even WoW can hold thousands of people on the same server. It's a 2004 technology.

Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product, your just arguing in bad faith by only taking into account whats available in an alpha version of the game.
    When your goal is to make a game with YUGE SPACE SHIP BATTLES in MULTIPLAYER for hundreds or thousands of people - the first thing you do IS THE FUCKING SERVER. Not planets, not cities, not space ships, not shooters. THE SERVER.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

If you wont even consider features that the game is supposed to have at launch your just creating your own goalposts to suit your own agenda, a games final product should always be taken into account.
    This makes absolutely no sense at all. Just stop.

Its a game in development, a current 40 player limit doesnt matter because the game is not complete, all that matters is the final product
    A product that doesn't exist yet

your just arguing in bad faith by only taking into account whats available in an alpha version of the game.
    I'm arguing about what's available now. You're arguing about a version of the game that doesn't even exist yet and I'M the one arguing in bad faith?

Also.... *you're

That final product doesn't exist yet. Therefore I can't comment or judge it. We can only judge what is happening now.

But you can't judge me for any of this! Because when the game comes out it will be absolutely everything CIG promised and I'll be singing it's praises right alongside you! So it's unfair for you to judge me by what I'm saying now, you should judge me for what I'll be saying when this absolute dream of a game is finished, you hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense at all. Just stop.
    So it makes no sense to make a fair judgement on a game considering what features are supposed to be in the game when its complete, im pretty sure in the past you have made claims about ED having certain features that are just being implemented now, so its ok to judge other games on future features but not star citizen, what doesnt make sense is anything out of your mouth.

A product that doesn't exist yet

I'm arguing about what's available now. You're arguing about a version of the game that doesn't even exist yet and I'M the one arguing in bad faith?

Also.... *you're

That final product doesn't exist yet. Therefore I can't comment or judge it. We can only judge what is happening now.

But you can't judge me for any of this! Because when the game comes out it will be absolutely everything CIG promised and I'll be singing it's praises right alongside you! So it's unfair for you to judge me by what I'm saying now, you should judge me for what I'll be saying when this absolute dream of a game is finished, you hypocrite.
    I only ever judge any game on what it should have when its released, not a alpha/beta version, i never expect any game to have everything at a release as long as it has enough is good enough, i use the current version of the game as a guide only, your only ignoring what its supposed to have at launch because it suits your agenda.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-16 at 06:19 PM.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...312-Postmortem

"In development etc."

I get that but things like this worry and weird me out, because it's functionally treating it as a live-game with actual, you know, deadlines.

We had two vehicles that were introduced to the game at the IAE show that really came down to the wire in terms of their development. Ultimately, this didn’t allow us to lock down the build until a few days before the show. Because this show is open to the public in November, it had to be released as a point-patch to the Alpha 3.11 build. Not being able to lock down the build before we branched to the Alpha 3.12 build caused some file-management headaches. Critical fixes are still being made to the point release and those same fixes also need to be in the newly branched stream content. This inevitably leads to work getting stomped here and there and, at the end of the day, eats valuable time that could be used to fix other bugs or make new things. Also, some things that we intended to keep secret until a bit closer to the time of the event leaked. This was hardly a major issue, but it’s always nice to be able to surprise the fans from time to time.
    This is still an alpha. They don't have to answer to investors. Why rush out the November free-fly instead of pushing it back a few weeks to address these issues rather than eat up "valuable time" fixing something that didn't need to be deployed broken?

This is what I'm talking about with my ongoing concerns about project management and the weird, seemingly self-defeating way the game is designed and run as it's treated as an alpha for all intents and purposes yet still acts like a proper live-service game with deadlines and in-game events etc.

Good postmortem though, lots of good info from different teams.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Hey hey just popped in was just curious how this Ponzi scheme is going?

So it makes no sense to make a fair judgement on a game considering what features are supposed to be in the game when its complete, im pretty sure in the past you have made claims about ED having certain features that are just being implemented now, so its ok to judge other games on future features but not star citizen, what doesnt make sense is anything out of your mouth.
    Stop making things up.

What I have said before is that games should be judged for how they are now. not for their future plans. I have used things coming to Elite as a counter example solely to point out your hypocrisy, ie

You say "Elite is crap because it doesn't have space legs"
    I say "Well if we're supposed to judge SC on their future plans then you should also do that for other games!"

But you know this.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-02-16 at 06:29 PM.

Oh man I tried not to laugh when I read this, I failed so hard. Thank you Katchii, this made my day.

- - - Updated - - -

I only ever judge any game on what it should have when its released
    Cool, most people aren't like you. When I try out a game I judge on what it has NOW. I don't care what it will have later. I'm trying it now. That way I know if I need to refund or not even spend money on it in the first place. If you go for sale and take people's money, you are being judged RIGHT NOW. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server....
    So its not an MMO anymore now? I wish you guys could make up your mind. Chris says it is, so you're just laughably wrong. Its not even debatable. . . .

Like, they are working on "jesus tech" because its an MMO. Where do you come up with this dip shittery?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-02-16 at 07:13 PM.

I only ever judge any game on what it should have when its released, not a alpha/beta version, i never expect any game to have everything at a release as long as it has enough is good enough, i use the current version of the game as a guide only, your only ignoring what its supposed to have at launch because it suits your agenda.
    That future version of the game doesn't exist, there's nothing to judge, you don't know what it's going to be like, how it's going to perform or if it's ever going to exist. So, how exactly are you judging this game that doesn't exist?

The version of the game we have right now is all we can accurately and objectively critique, alongside the behavior and track record of the person behind the project and the company that's making it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh man I tried not to laugh when I read this, I failed so hard. Thank you Katchii, this made my day.
    I'm glad it found the intended audience. lol.