Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So its not an MMO anymore now? I wish you guys could make up your mind. Chris says it is, so you're just laughably wrong. Its not even debatable. . . .

Like, they are working on "jesus tech" because its an MMO. Where do you come up with this dip shittery?
    As usual you come in without even looking at the conversation and add nothing of value, what 1 person is basically saying is 40 players on a server what a pathetic MMO when the systems to make it an MMO are still being developed, and no its not jesus tech, its all things that currently exist and just have to be developed for the game and for it to work on the servers they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That future version of the game doesn't exist, there's nothing to judge, you don't know what it's going to be like, how it's going to perform or if it's ever going to exist. So, how exactly are you judging this game that doesn't exist?

The version of the game we have right now is all we can accurately and objectively critique, alongside the behavior and track record of the person behind the project and the company that's making it.
    There is more than enough who believe in the game CiG are making, if your not even willing to believe in the company delivering at least the basic features it needs at release then your never going to give the game a fair representation.

As it stands now SC is better than any other similar space game around, other space games mostly just focus on 1 thing thats its good at and the rest is just average gameplay.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-16 at 08:31 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Eve battles consist on ships just sitting in one spot and getting blow up over and over, not really interesting or engaging at the very least, so no ive not been burned, if you enjoy mindless space combat then by all means.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...r-Citizen-Live about the 2 min 50 mark saying the game can support at least around 20k players concurrently.
    This really just showcases how shallow your understanding of the game actually is. EVE combat, while not visually appealing, is quite deep. This is moot, however, because once again you're trying to decide for an entire community what is fun or acceptable. It is obviously fun for people because nine thousand people were doing it together at the same time

20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.
    I'm sorry, but it's fucking lunacy that you're actually trying to defend this stance. You can't actually believe this. You cannot believe that it matters how many people, total, can sit on the game at the same time in a discussion about the total number of players on a server, lol.
    Last edited by Henako; 2021-02-16 at 08:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is more than enough who believe in the game CiG are making, if your not even willing to believe in the company delivering at least the basic features it needs at release then your never going to give the game a fair representation.
    I mean, of course there is. How else they would sucker people on such a huge amount of $$$? Welp, and people wonder how come games like Anthem, No Mans Sky and Marvel Avengers sell so well.

I expect this game to release maybe even in a decent state, but light years away from what was promised. And then the biggest defenders will be the biggest ragers. As is always the case. Reality check is a bitch.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-16 at 08:58 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I expect this game to release maybe even in a decent state, but light years away from what was promised. And then the biggest defenders will be the biggest ragers. As is always the case. Reality check is a bitch.
    I have no hope for it even releasing in a "decent state". The quality of the experience has been declining over the years as servers become more and more unstable, players become less and less likely to interact with each other, more and more systems and content are removed, and more and more bugs appear. So far CIG has just been saying "the magic server meshing tech will fix everything!" but they've shown absolutely zero indication that they can actually get it to work. They said they had a working prototype for server meshing up in Spring 2019, and then literally never talked about it again.

At this point I expect it's just going to be the same as it is now, just steadily getting worse. Chris has already absolved himself of responsibility, so they might just one day say "welp, it's released!" but it won't be any different than it is now. Or they will just keep saying it's in an indefinite alpha (6 year long alpha, huh?).

- - - Updated - - -

I expect Chris to pull a Richard Garriot and walk away from the project before it crashes in a few years, so he can say "I wasn't there when it went bad! My successors were bad!"

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to be a doomer, but after having followed for 8 years, it's pretty blatantly obvious what the fate of the project is.

What representation? That game DOES NOT EXIST. You can't write a review or objectively critique a game that doesn't exist, and you trying to do that is crazy.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not going to believe anything that comes from Chris Roberts and company until I see it for myself. Don't get me wrong, I believe that THEY believe they'll deliver something amazing, but until I actually see it, it's just a pipe dream.

As it stands now SC is better than any other similar space game around, other space games mostly just focus on 1 thing thats its good at and the rest is just average gameplay.
    If you're happy with what's there now, fine. But stop trying to review a version of the game that doesn't even exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not trying to be a doomer, but after having followed for 8 years, it's pretty blatantly obvious what the fate of the project is.
    I don't think you're being a doomer as much as a realist. You are well aware that the game has little chance of coming together as it was promised and the chances of it even releasing with the main things that were promised get lower every day that passes. I also think the game will eventually tire out the whales and the money will slow down massively causing Chris to walk away and try and absolve himself of blame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that's just realism. Stevie Wonder could see, that with this amount of postpones and money being pumped into the project, something is really fishy.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If you're happy with what's there now, fine. But stop trying to review a version of the game that doesn't even exist yet.
    In the quote you're replying to, I think he actually is saying that he thinks the alpha, as it currently exists, is better than any other space game on the market.

I hope the Trials Of Ascension guys have been taking notes on how to properly 'make a game, honest' and look forward to their next attempt

Just a reminder the trash talkers that you don't need to keep ignorantly talking about a game you don't play since the Free-Fly event is already Open.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...ruary-Free-Fly

Oh and the server cap seems to gone up to 50 again now that the Xenothreat event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    In the quote you're replying to, I think he actually is saying that he thinks the alpha, as it currently exists, is better than any other space game on the market.
    Well that's because it is, for many gamers that is.

Fly Safe!

20k players can play star citizen at the same time, its irrelevant that they are not all on the same server, its just fact directly from a lead developer, so dont talk BS just like all the others.

Yeah sitting in one spot while watching tv shows and movies is not really interesting, eve requires very little attention just target a ship blow it up and repeat, some may enjoy mindless gameplay but i prefer something a little more involved most of the time.

Size of the battles dont really matter as long as it is actually engaging content, a small 100-200 ship battle can feel much more epic if done correctly rather than thousands of ships doing very little.
    The commitment in eve is far greater then anything in SC, go read any article from those battles. In the pc gamer article one commander explains that it took him 10 years of playing to even get one of those biggest ships,,, here

This Titan is very special to me," Tony tells me over Discord. "It took 10 years of playing to get the character, the training, and the money for it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-eve-onli...-elite-pilots/

But sure we all feel different.

Guess the ultimate game would be to pilot ships like SC in a game like EVE but doubt we see that in our lifetime.

But you gotta admit they have some if not the best pvp conflicts in a game there

For six months, EVE Online has been engulfed in the biggest, most devastating war in its 18-year-history. Nearly 700,000 ships have been destroyed—worth about $1.8 million when converted to EVE subscription game time—in a fight to exterminate EVE Online's most notorious coalition, The Imperium.

The Imperium have been the kings of EVE Online for years. With an army of 50,000 players

Pretty big coalition.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-16 at 10:09 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Perfect thread to study Stockholm Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Just a reminder the trash talkers that you don't need to keep ignorantly talking about a game you don't play since the Free-Fly event is already Open.
    You couldn't pay me to play that free fly. Of course you dropping insults along the way sure is classy. Hey why not put SC's charts up against other MMOs, let's see how it is really doing. Lol.

Well that's because it is, for many gamers that is.
    I'm not here to tell anybody what to like or not like. I'm glad you like the game. Twitch viewership does not equate game quality, unfortunately. Correlation =/= causation and all that. You're a smart guy. I'm sure you knew that before you posted.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs a game when you can buy traffic for twitch stats
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    its not jesus tech, its all things that currently exist and just have to be developed for the game and for it to work on the servers they use.
    LoL omfg my sides. Is this the part where you tell me about JIRA?

Seriously though, honest to god question. . . . why do you continue to lie about star citizen? You know we've all played it right? I dont really believe you work for CRobberts. . . . So. . . . why?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-02-16 at 10:32 PM.

I have no hope for it even releasing in a "decent state". The quality of the experience has been declining over the years as servers become more and more unstable, players become less and less likely to interact with each other, more and more systems and content are removed, and more and more bugs appear. So far CIG has just been saying "the magic server meshing tech will fix everything!" but they've shown absolutely zero indication that they can actually get it to work. They said they had a working prototype for server meshing up in Spring 2019, and then literally never talked about it again.

At this point I expect it's just going to be the same as it is now, just steadily getting worse. Chris has already absolved himself of responsibility, so they might just one day say "welp, it's released!" but it won't be any different than it is now. Or they will just keep saying it's in an indefinite alpha (6 year long alpha, huh?).

- - - Updated - - -

I expect Chris to pull a Richard Garriot and walk away from the project before it crashes in a few years, so he can say "I wasn't there when it went bad! My successors were bad!"

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, do they even need to deliver? They're making loads of money out of selling pixels to the whales who are way too heavily into sunk cost territory to turn back anytime soon. As can be seen in this thread, for some people the lack of progress is somehow a proof of progress and they're placated by a bunch of screenshots and limp-wristed "events" involving unflyable ships lazily firing at distant targets with automated gunnery, when the servers don't crash and burn because they can barely handle 40 players of course.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    He is, but in previous posts he's saying (or quoting and standing by the quote) the game will eventually be able to house 20000 concurrent players and that the current 40 player limit doesn't matter.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...r-Citizen-Live about the 2 min 50 mark saying the game can support at least around 20k players concurrently.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The thing is, do they even need to deliver? They're making loads of money out of selling pixels to the whales who are way too heavily into sunk cost territory to turn back anytime soon. As can be seen in this thread, for some people the lack of progress is somehow a proof of progress and they're placated by a bunch of screenshots and limp-wristed "events" involving unflyable ships lazily firing at distant targets with automated gunnery, when the servers don't crash and burn because they can barely handle 40 players of course.
    This is why I'm skeptical AF for this game.

They've already absolved themselves of any wrong doing for not being able to deliver the product because they changed the pledge contract basically says that they've delivered what they needed to make their commitment and that plans can change any time, so wherever this project ends up at the end is good enough and they delivered what they committed to.

They are currently under no obligation to finish this project or give refunds to people unhappy with where it ended up, according to the pledge contract you agree to when you give them your money.

Fake twitch stats
    By CIG's own admittance they have way less people doing what really matters, actually playing the game

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Perfect thread to study Stockholm Syndrome.
    Careful guy, you may invite an infraction when discussing a game that has dubious management, a well documented ambiguous road map, and no end in sight.

But hey if people are happy doing what they do with it, more power to them.