Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post

"No release timeframe was ever given"

KEK fucking W.
    I wonder where kenn went. I was waiting for his response to this one and some of the other posts that highlight actual things CIG/CR said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I wonder where kenn went. I was waiting for his response to this one and some of the other posts that highlight actual things CIG/CR said.
    They always conveniently disappear when presented with actual evidence. Then reappear 3 months later with a fresh load of bullshit. That's how this thread is 12k posts, without them it would be like 2k at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    He'll return soon enough and then we can add 20 more pages re-treading exact same things using exact same words and links by exact same people.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    He'll return soon enough and then we can add 20 more pages re-treading exact same things using exact same words and links by exact same people.
    =D
    The internet is a wonderful place...
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    LMAO this scam is still going?
    I don't think it's a scam. At least, not in the sense that Chris Roberts is defrauding backers by taking their money with no intention to deliver the product. I think he received much more money than he ever expected, and the enormous budget allowed his imagination to run wild, which in turn led to the seemingly endless bloat and feature creep we see today.

But backing the project now is enabling Roberts to keep pushing the deadlines further and further away, and in that sense I feel Roberts is being dishonest. He's selling a dream, and dreams are often hazy and indistinct. The backers get nothing concrete; they are just paying for Roberts to dream another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Weapon types have different damage profiles and optimal ranges.
    This actually what I was trying to hint at. But wasnt sure if there was anything more to it.

ProSkill actually treated the "Basic Weapon Categories" as individual weapons in that case.

StarCitizen has these things aswell, (except on the Fly changable weapons with crystals).
    Different weapons have different Optimal Ranges, Projectile Speeds (Dunno if they actually factor in in Eve Online, but afaik [from the little bit of Combat I did a century ago] if a shot hits is calculated, and not when the Individual projectile hits.), and Damage efficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    They always conveniently disappear when presented with actual evidence. Then reappear 3 months later with a fresh load of bullshit. That's how this thread is 12k posts, without them it would be like 2k at most.
    Haha yeah but this any future times people can just link the video and a few other things of CR talking and poof, kenn be gone. Hard to make up bullshit when CIG/CR themselves are on record saying years and what the plans were.

Y'all, keep discussion on the game and not other posters. Thanks.

New patch (3.13) is Live after a lot testing in the PTU.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...7-patch-notes/

No really any MAJOR addition but a lot of fixes and improvements here and there along with some new quests and vehicles.

My personal favourites:

Physical components and animations being added to ships, Gladius got it first as its featured heavily in Squadron 42:

Ship to Ship Docking, Constellation can now decouple it's parasite ship:

Caves big enough to fit ships and vehicles in size with some quests involving FPShooting added there:

Improvements in the cargo ramps and addition of cargo trolleys:

Worthy mention, the introduction of reputation app which tracks Organizations careers and NPC's confidence:

Along with more mining components there's also several graphical improvements, new: shield effects, asteroids, moons, atmospheric reentry effects and names on ships.

Don't think I missed anything major.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah. With only 40 player servers, there are certain ships in the game where you literally do not have enough people on the server to fully crew the ship.
    This screenshot was taken a couple years ago, back when the servers had a 50 player cap. So right now, if you subtract 10 players from that image, that is how many players can be on a single server together at once.
    Servers cap is 50 players, they only lowered it to 40 during the xenothread event.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Holy crap this "game" has been in development since 2012??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    LoL dis gon b gud.

/popcorn

No really any MAJOR addition but a lot of fixes and improvements here and there along with some new quests and vehicles.
    Of course nothing MAJOR is in the patch, they got to keep kicking the can down the road.

The new caves: I was initially excited, thinking "oh, is that water at the bottom of the caves? Do we have underground rivers now?" But upon getting closer... nope it was just grey rock reflecting the ship's lights.

Would be nice if there were flora in these caves, like underground plant growth and large fungi, or glowing crystals... and fauna would be nice too. Would give me the shivers if I heard growling coming from the dark. The tension of trying to mine and thinking "oh gosh, there is a giant bear right behind me!" and panicking and pulling out your gun... only to see that you're jumping at shadows... or were you?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, be warned: it would appear that some of these new caves, you can't escape on foot (unlike the smaller caves that had been in the game before). So it might be possible to land outside the cave and go inside (or you land inside but your ship despawns)... and you're trapped inside the cave with no way to bring your hadanite back. Guess you'll have to call for help and hope one of the other players on the servers cares enough to come rescue you.

- - - Updated - - -

And uh... yeah that's pretty much it until the next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd also be cool if you could find outposts/bunkers/hab units inside these caves. It'd make sense to put a base there on planets/moons with dangerous surfaces, like Arial (metal melting heat during the day) or planets/moons thin or nonexistent atmospheres that are constantly bombarded by meteors. Or maybe criminals have set up a secret base inside a cave (also would be nice if flying inside a cave hid your ship's heat signature to ships outside the cave).
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-04-23 at 12:24 AM.

New patch (3.13) is Live after a lot testing in the PTU.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...7-patch-notes/

My personal favourites:

Physical components and animations being added to ships, Gladius got it first as its featured heavily in Squadron 42:

Ship to Ship Docking, Constellation can now decouple it's parasite ship:

Caves big enough to fit ships and vehicles in size with some quests involving FPShooting added there:

Improvements in the cargo ramps and addition of cargo trolleys:

Worthy mention, the introduction of reputation app which tracks Organizations careers and NPC's confidence:

Along with more mining components there's also several graphical improvements, new: shield effects, asteroids, moons, atmospheric reentry effects and names on ships.

Don't think I missed anything major.

Servers cap is 50 players, they only lowered it to 40 during the xenothread event.
    Thank you Nightrider of CIG, uh oh MrAnderson.

2011 according to Chris Roberts.

Don't you just love how that guy puts last month of 2012 for it to be as late as possible in 2012. It's all propaganda. I remember the GTA 5 vs SC discussions years ago, now people don't say shit about it because it doesn't look good anymore.

By the way, they updated the promo vid:

Gotta keep selling people their dreams. Flying through buildings chased by cops, LOL.

Comment section is hilarious by the way.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2021-04-27 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

Gotta keep selling people their dreams. Flying through buildings chased by cops, LOL.

I have to admit this video is lit, no wonder why they're still pumping $$$.

Don't you just love how that guy puts last month of 2012 for it to be as late as possible in 2012. It's all propaganda. I remember the GTA 5 vs SC discussions years ago, now people don't say shit about it because it doesn't look good anymore.

Yeah and it's strange how that one guy only shows up on the forums when they got like a new patch or something they can try and promote...

They must not have been getting enough new cash tricking forum users this month so popped out a new misleading video.

My favorite comment was "Only an insane person would watch all those stretch goals being hit and expect the release date to stay the same.

The problem is folks like you who are given an inch and take a mile." After a guy mentioned there was hardly any gameplay after 350 million dollars and 10 years of development.

Yeah and it's strange how that one guy only shows up on the forums when they got like a new patch or something they can try and promote...

They must not have been getting enough new cash tricking forum users this month so popped out a new misleading video.

My favorite comment was "Only an insane person would watch all those stretch goals being hit and expect the release date to stay the same.

The problem is folks like you who are given an inch and take a mile." After a guy mentioned there was hardly any gameplay after 350 million dollars and 10 years of development.
    This thread is not even used to promote the game just a few posters complaining about it when they have no other interest in the game other than hoping it fails, the game in its current form has a ton of gameplay options more than most current space games so when someone says theres no gameplay its obvious its complete BS.

If they understood what they were actually developing SC into then they would accept why it is currently taken this long to develop so far, if a single player game takers 8-9 years to develop why should a massive space MMO take less time.

Most of the time its pointless to post in this thread anyway as nothing constructive ever happens.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

A lot of the shots confused me.

@0:45 shows bounty hunter chasing after bounty target through the cityscape of ArcCorp

Why? The entire planet of ArcCorp is covered in an armistice zone. You cannot fire weapons of any kind - ship weapons or ground weapons - within ArcCorp's atmosphere. And there is a no fly zone in place so if you fly too low, your ship's autopilot will kick in and fly you above the altitude limit. You literally cannot chase bounty targets through the cityscape like depicted in the trailer.

@0:49 shows a Prowler dropping off a ground forces team in a forest on Microtech

Why? There are no bunker missions on Microtech. Nobody uses a ROC to mine on Microtech. There is literally no reason in the game right now to land a ground forces team in a forest on Microtech, because there is nothing to take out and no reason for players to be in a forest on Microtech that would attract criminal players to attack them.

@0:52 shows a M50 racing through an asteroid field

Why? Racing missions were removed from the live build of Star Citizen over two years ago.

@1:00 shows racing cars racing along the surface of Celin or one the ArcCorp moons

Again, races were removed from the game over two years ago.

@0:57 shows a Reclaimer landing at Hurston

Why? The Reclaimer is possibly one of the most useless ships in the game. It's a salvaging ship... but salvage hasn't been implemented yet. The Reclaimer doesn't work. You can just fly it around... and do nothing with it. And flying it around is incredibly expensive. It hogs up so much fuel when flying through atmosphere.

@0:57 shows a Hammerhead landing at Hurston

Why? The Hammerhead is a 7+ person ship (1 pilot and 6 gunners). That is overkill and there is nothing in the game right now that necessitates bringing a Hammerhead, and even if you did, you would be operating at a loss. The most profitable combat missions in the game give a payout of 40k credits, and you only need 2 people to do that mission (so 40k split by 2 players is 20k credits per player). 40k credits divided by 7 players... is 5.7k credits per player. You will literally make twice as much money just working with one other guy, using smaller ships! I don't think 5.7k credits would be enough for the pilot to cover the fuel, ammo restock, and repair costs of doing one mission.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Other things that stood out from the trailer:

• The game is depicted at running at a buttery smooth 60 FPS and with max graphics at 1920 x 1080. That is most assuredly not what the actual gameplay experience is like: the game is poorly optimized. Even with an AMD RX 580, and setting the game to minimum graphics at 1920 x 1080, you WILL NOT GET 60 FPS! You will get 30 at best. Furthermore, a significant portion of your FPS is tied to server stability. Fresh servers that are half an hour or less old will give you better FPS (I guess you MIGHT be able to get 60 FPS... if you are on a fresh server and at Port Olisar or you're on a ship in the middle of nowhere, but if you go literally anywhere else your FPS will tank to 30), but as the server goes on and begins to near a crash about an hour or two in, your FPS starts becoming really bad. And that's not talking about the lag issues, such as your Mobiglass (inventory screen) not working, or you selecting a weapon there being a 3 or 4 second delay before you actually switch to that weapon.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-04-28 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    This thread is not even used to promote the game just a few posters complaining about it when they have no other interest in the game other than hoping it fails
    A thread on a forum that is not a SC owned forum doesn't have to be used to promote the game. It can be used to shit on the game, post negative opinions or skepticism, it can even have optimistic opinions or provide positive critique(Such as Val's posts).

It is also home to people that go out of their way to defend everything SC does almost to the point of being paid shills. We are free to be positive or negative if this game if we so choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    has a ton of gameplay options more than most current space games so when someone says theres no gameplay its obvious its complete BS.
    That is your opinion that there is tons of gameplay. It is my opinion that considering the amount of money wasted and funneled into this game that there is far far too little gameplay. But there sure as fuck is a ROBUST cash shop. Weird.