Gotta say though, the laser spam looks like shit in this game.
    looks like shooting spit-pellets.

They should take a look at how Star Wars does it.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    When he stepped out of the elevator into the void, I was puzzled why he didn't immediately fall, as that is always what happens. Then, right one cue, he did. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Gotta say though, the laser spam looks like shit in this game.
    looks like shooting spit-pellets.

They should take a look at how Star Wars does it.
    Some of the laser projectiles actually do look like Star Wars lasers. The default guns on the Origin 300i comes to mind. The Ominsky VI laser cannons IIRC. But I always took them off and equipped repeaters (laser or ballistic) because they have a higher rate of fire so it's easier for me to continue landing hits on the target, whereas with the Ominsky's you have a relatively longer time between shots, so if you miss then that's a massive DPS loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    That said, I can say for sure now, that everyone going around claiming that “Oh even in alpha it’s better than X and Y”, is a dishonest clown, even Odyssey being the shit it was doesn’t force me to do a fucking research 15min into the game for a way to kill myself because the floor just pulls a disappearing act…

Besides the technical problems, what I also found troubling is the amount of clutter throw at you for the “mah immersion” sake, turning every trivial thing into a bore fest, I think a lot of will start getting tweaked and removed once the game goes live, because I highly doubt most player will have enough patience to go over such crap over and over…
    what exactly do u mean by this clutter? i personally hate somethings not standing out enough so that i cant see them, differentiate them from other stuff. for example quest track brackets, fly route triangles. even lack of commas in your ammount of money, its hard to see what im looking at from the get go
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what exactly do u mean by this clutter? i personally hate somethings not standing out enough so that i cant see them, differentiate them from other stuff. for example quest track brackets, fly route triangles. even lack of commas in your ammount of money, its hard to see what im looking at from the get go
    Well he said

what I also found troubling is the amount of clutter throw at you for the “mah immersion” sake, turning every trivial thing into a bore fest, I think a lot of will start getting tweaked and removed once the game goes live, because I highly doubt most player will have enough patience to go over such crap over and over…
    Perhaps he means all of the steps involved to do something. In WoW, you can log in and start doing a world quest in 1 minute.

In Star Citizen, it takes at least 5-10 minutes. You login, wake up in bed, watch a 10 second animation getting out of bed. Have to get out of your hab and go to the elevator. Spend several seconds waiting for the elevator. Get in. Ride the elevator down to the bottom floor. (so we're talking 30+ seconds here). Depending on which city you are in, you might have to run to a train station, waiting 2 minutes for the train to arrive, and then spend 2 minutes on the train riding to the spaceport (ArcCorp and Microtech do this). Running to the train station takes at least a minute, and running to the kiosks in the spaceport takes another minute. Then you walk up to the kiosk and spawn your ship, but the kiosk interface is slow so that takes at least 10 seconds. Then you have to run to another elevator to your ship. Another 20+ seconds. Then you run to your ship, but the process of opening your ship's doors and ladder and climbing up the ladder into the ship takes at least 20+ seconds. And then you can power up your ship, radio the traffic control tower to open the hangar doors, and fly out. It takes at least 2 minutes to fly high enough that you can use your quantum drive. And then you have to spend at least another minute travelling to get to a QT point where bandit spaceships are.

There are a lot of steps involved just to do anything in SC, even going to a space station to buy medpens or ammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh, i assumed he meant visual clutter.

i know what ure saying, i can relate to that. having to run (and ride) from ur hab to a space station sometimes multiple times because of reasons, especially in new babbage and orison, can be time consuming, boring and annoying.
    thats why ship bed is such a nice feature, but after i couldnt log into the game for 2 days after logging out in bed in 3.14 i dont do that anymore for safety reasons xd
    i just set my spawn point to olisar as its the 'fastest'

well, all we can do is to wait for icache implementation that will allow us to log out anywhere and log back in in the same place where we left off

This event (when it works!) brings all the core features together in such a chaotic ballet of team work along strangers and culminates with huge epic space battles!

For outsiders or noobs it might seem hard to understand what's going on but the core players are having fun, and it's still going this weekend and a great way to earn credits, trying to push to maybe eventually get that sweet 600i.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    When he stepped out of the elevator into the void, I was puzzled why he didn't immediately fall, as that is always what happens. Then, right one cue, he did. Lol.
    Oh, that was me, that's 15min of my experience with the last free flight event 10 minutes into the game… tbh, can’t really say that it was a fun experience. As I said in my previous post, I understand it’s “early” in development, still in alpha, or pre-alpha, or whatever, it’s not for everyone, but when I see some people here are trying to spin the narrative that masses of people are bailing on X or Y game to play a game in development, with these sort of issues, and very limited content… it’s baffling, how disconnected from reality one must be to actually believe such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    -snip-
    ^ This, what he said.

Don’t even get me started on those fucking elevators, as if the vanishing floor wasn’t enough, I also had this dude entering in the same elevator as I was, clicking the damn button after pressed to go down three or four times, almost a minute stuck inside the damn thing…

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    For outsiders or noobs it might seem hard to understand what's going on but the core players are having fun
    Roflmao!
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2021-09-05 at 12:34 AM.

And the beauty of mmo's, after some heavy fighting week you can just choose more relaxing activities like ship touring with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    when will this event finally end so i can grind bounties in peace?

i mean, why stress servers more when they barely work even on the regular

Xeno event Ends this weekend I think and you can farm HTR just fine around Yela while it happens.

Never forget you're testing a alpha build in active development, Stressing the servers is part of developing the game and improoving things moving forward.
    So playability & Fun have to take a backseat in terms of priority as adding new features and testing them is the main goal, as that's the only way to get a big update every 3 months.

It probably went unoticed to most but this Xenothreat Event they didin't decrease the player cap from 50 to 40 like last year and the event runned more smoothly overall.

Each stress test allows them to gather data that helps the game playability and balance in the next updates and so on.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-09-05 at 04:36 PM.

And the beauty of mmo's, after some heavy fighting week you can just choose more relaxing activities like ship touring with friends.
    What mmo are you even talking about?

50 players hardly per server isn't massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    What mmo are you even talking about?

50 players hardly per server isn't massive.
    If you play on a private WoW server you're still playing a mmo even if you don't have thousands of other players around.

If you play on a private WoW server you're still playing a mmo even if you don't have thousands of other players around.
    “If you play on an empty illegal server, it’s still an MMO!”

Nha dude, you are playing a game that was supposed to be an MMO, but that you purposely circumvented it by breaking their terms of use. Out of all the ways you could justify the 50 player cap, this one had to be the silliest you could fucking pull…

Battlefield 1942..max player nr 64..still not MMO....oopsie...

You're mixing game genre with game experience.

If you play a mmo game, designed to be a mmo, with the world size, features and activities typical of a mmo in it you're playing a mmo. It doesn't matter if you play solo, with friends or a huge group.
    You're still playing a mmo.

You might not be experiencing it at the fullest of the intended design but that doesn't change the game's definition.

When I play flight simulator with all the settings turned to arcade, I'm still playing a flight simulator, even if the experienced is very dumbed down.

Yes, exactly, designed to be a massive multiplayer online, as in, with a MASSIVE player cap.

50 is not massive by any means, just one BG in WoW holds up to 80 players.

SC is certainly planned to be an MMO, but as it stands, it’s not, as servers struggle to even deal with the current 50-player cap.

If I make a single-player open-world sandbox RPG with the “world size, features and activities typical of a mmo”, and just slap “MMO” into its definition because I’m a lying piece of shit, it still doesn’t make it an MMO, as the genre “MMO” comes from the capability to actually host MASSIVE amounts of players at the same time.

Jfc, the ability to pick up the tiniest simple things and turning them into some sort of an attack to the project that needs to be defended it in the most absurd way possible is just fucking impressive… like, it doesn’t even matter, the fucking thing still in a pre-alpha state, it still only has a fraction of the planned content, it would be dumb to waste resources at this point trying to host a “MASSIVE” amount of players, like, it’s not an MMO, but it’s being developed to become one… but clearly that’s not enough, got to make a clown out of yourself by going into extreme mental gymnastics cuz dem haters said it’s otherwise, lol.

As much as it hurts you a mmo in development is always a mmo in development.

Just like when RIOT announced they are making a mmo they don't need to provide a video of their game world holding thousands of players.

When I choose to play WoW alone I'm my server I'm still playing a mmo. Even if I'm not getting the fullest extent of the mmo experience.

True for every game in the purest genre.

If I play Fortnite alone im still playing a Battleroyal Game.

If I play CounterStrike against bots alone I'm still playing CS.

If I play with my friends I'm still playing football.

One person personal experience doesn't define the definition of a games concept, just the context.

10+ Year Old Account
    aaand he got banned xd

aaand he got banned xd
    Yeah...Myobi has a tendency to self own.
    How do they say over there?
    We have pity.